It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eclipse is Your eye!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Okay so after reviewing the "THE biggest and most mind-bending coincidence on Earth!" link I have decided to share what i think about eclipses.

I have an unfortunate set of genes, seems they are all recessive! haha, well i have Red hair, Blue eyes, and paisty pale skin. . . Needless to say me and the sun don't get along, at all.

through out my life people have always commented on my eyes saying they are a cool color. So i use to stare at them in a mirror and analyze them.

Then in grade school, when i was 6, it just so happen to line up that a solar eclipse would be able to be seen from my part of the world, And it would happen when we were out on recess! So at 12:something we all went out side and looked up. It was still to bright and me having blue eyes, i can't see anything in the sun. So kid i didn't know come up and goes put these on, i put on the sunglasses and there it was maybe 2 mins away from full eclipse! And then when it magically happened i only thought of my eyes!

I have bright blue eyes with yellow streaks coming from the center of my cornea. So since it was a clear blue sky, it looked exactly the same!

What do think? Am i nuts or is it something to consider a similarity on?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
sure..
there's a symbolic nature in eyes that represents eclipses...
and vice versa.

ever see the video Vicarious by the band Tool?

a nibiru-type planet comes to cleanse the earth..
it's black and on fire..

and underneath it is a circular area of earth that's barren and burnt from where it's "cleaning" ... forming an "eye" in earth.

can't find a screen cap of that exact image but if you dont want to watch the whole thing just fast forward to the very end scene.

-

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

To the best of my knowledge viewing an eclipse and especially if wearing sun glasses isn't going to change your eye color. I think it's more of a matter of genetics than anything else. Or at least as far as that short of a duration is concerned. I couldn't tell you if extended viewing of the sun would result in changes in eye color or not but I'm pretty sure that short of an exposure wouldn't have much of an effect.

I am pretty sure though that extended sunlight can help increase your odds for cataracts. But an eclipse wouldn't be likely to do that.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
No, it didn't change my eye color! My eyes have always been this color, i am saying that an eclipse looks like your eye. And the Amazing distances of the sun to the moon to earth is nothing short of amazing. So thats an amazing event, and eyes look the exact same way! And they are amazing!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To be serious, I believe it's simply a coincidence. The streaks in your iris (The colored part) are muscles that expand and contract the pupil so that's why the similarity. Round pupil, Round Iris. What I think is pretty cool is look at cat's eye. Now that's interesting!

new topics

top topics

join