It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for democracy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So much for democracy...

(link tracking not allowed)

HEALTH chiefs have today backed controversial plans to fluoridate Southampton's tap water.

Members of South Central Strategic Health Authority's board have voted to give the scheme the green light, affecting almost 200,000 Hampshire residents, after months of debate.

The decision after two hours and ten minutes makes Southampton the first place in England to introduce fluoridation since the law was changed to put the decision in the hands of health chiefs.....

More than seven out of ten of all respondents who live in the affected area said they are against the plans, while an independent phone survey found more were opposed than in favour.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Let me get this right, a couple of weeks ago some senior people said no to putting fluoride in the water....

Then a few people decide that it's now all 'go go go' and ignore the fact 75% of the questioned people said "NO" (and I am sure it would be more as many know nothing about it!)...

Where is the democracy in this? I know many places in the USA have had this for years.... in the UK it is new, and they are going against the popular vote! Wow.

What on earth can you do if you are ignored?

What's the point of having debate etc. for it to be ignored?

Reverse Osmosis Filters for all? Do they work?

(link tracking not allowed)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already being discussed

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
its happening in australia too... obviously people arent dying fast enough for their liking.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Please post in ongoing discussion

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join