It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

millions of americans vanished in the last depression

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

ATS covers all aspects of the problem, here I find confirmation and validation of what I have witnessed and experienced. We have threads talking about Monsanto and banning the best vitamins on the market, I am afraid we will not even be able to keep what we grow - it will be ripped from us. I am ashamed to say that I feel like I'm living under a knife - since 2001

Don't let them do it. There are ways to fight them, and beat them at their own game. Their greed will be their ultimate demise.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just wanted to add this to my thread

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Good video. I believe that individuals can make a big difference. For many years, I have been involved in our Church's food kitchen for the underprivileged. We believe that we have made a big difference in their lives.

Now concerning the government support of food banks, etc, I have a real problem. I would be very supportive of that, IF I could be assured that ALL of the money were to go to feed the underprivileged. However, from experience, I have seen how so much of it goes to "ADMINISTRATIVE" costs, and much goes to 3rd party vendors who make a profit, and some goes to graft and corruption. They always say that they will oversee the funds, and have "transparency", but WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT WORKED WITH THE BAILOUT BILL. They promised transparency, and they promised executive pay oversight, and the banks took all the money, and NEVER used it for what it was intended- to help people get loans.

The government is not capable of changing it stripes, once corrupt, always corrupt.

As Stalin once said, I don't care who votes, as long as I can count the votes.

This government is corrupt beyond repair. Anyone who believed that Obama would CHANGE things is a fool. He promised no more earmarks, and we have 9,000 earmarks in the new spending bill. He promised no more lobbyists in administration, and he picks the biggest lobbyists ever.

The quicker people in America understand that we need to start all over again, with a clean slate, the quicker corruption, poverty, and crime will end.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
OOPs I found some of them

A Horrible, Little-Known Legacy of the Great Depression

By Robert Higgs on Jan 6, 2009 in American History, Books, Great Depression, Russia

Not many people are aware that during the early 1930s, thousands of Americans emigrated from the United States to the USSR. Some, many of them unemployed engineers and technical workers, went simply in search of employment in the Soviets’ big push to industrialize; others went in search of a better society they mistakenly believed the Communists were building.

No doubt, most of them became disillusioned after a while, if not immediately. Worse, thousands of them were enmeshed in Stalin’s purges of the latter 1930s and ended up in the Gulag, where prisoners endured an extraordinarily harsh life, usually cut short by a painful death after a few months or years. Some of these victims managed to appeal to U.S. diplomats inside the USSR for help, only to be turned away by over-cautious junior-level careerists or, in effect, by supercilious higher-ups who were even more despicable.

www.independent.org...

how ironic!

[edit on 1-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by punkinworks09
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

yes exactly

and besides who are the russians to lecture us on starvation and famine.

and who are americans to do so for that matter? there are starving children and elderly people in america, you know. even before all this (to some) new-found awareness hit the fan.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

Don't buy into the us vs. them rhetoric.

They want you at each others throats instead of realizing that
evil lives on all shores across our world.

I speak of the ppl that lie, cheat, and steal from the common ppl
and live in largess using paper and ink to make the rest of us
slaves for their pleasure.

They even break their own rules and rob the masses openly now
with the bailouts for billionaires.

They have PMI insurance to cover houses that foreclosed.

They have the foreclosed houses they can sell to cover their losses.

The derivatives are more at fault than the foreclosures.

Ppl are starving all over the world, and the wealthy buy extravagent
luxury items while ppl live under bridges.

We have tent cities here in the US, and we have shelters that turn ppl
away every night.

The common comment from so called compassionate ppl here
in the US is they are all druggies or retarded.

While there is a high incident of drug use, you will notice they
do not even put them in jail.

The world is becoming less and less humane, and many have died
at the hands of their own government China, Russia, the US, etc etc.

I think most ppl will continue this us vs. them idiocy and fall prey
to the trap that is being set for them.

It has worked for a long time, and so they are counting on it to continue
and they are likely right.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

makes me wonder...all those people missing even when they take out the number for people leaving the country. They say still 5 million missing.

WW2 Japanese concentration camps. They started moving those people to them in a short period of time.

Maybe those camps were in use before the Japanese were put into them.

Perhaps the U.S. had fema camps way back then.

You know what they say..history repeats itself

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join