It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Summer of Rage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Police fear mass protests and a 'summer of rage' in response to economic crisis
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's always very interesting to hear this sort of thing from someone potentially "in the know". Sometimes it feels like everything is getting better... but then I read articles like this which brings me right back down to reality. Looks like the 60's extreme activism will be making a comeback.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thank god! I've been wondering where this kind of attitude has been, forever!

I just guessed we had it good for so long that nobody seemed to care, looks like we're headed for a revolution. :]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Check this out: I am a link, Click me.

The Summer of Rage is coming!
Prepare!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Guns have never been for me. I'm a tree hugging liberal.

That said, I feel like I'm waking out of a fog as if I was subjected to some mass hysteria over Obama. I take responsibility for my vote but here me loud and clear on this...

What we didnt know during the campaign, is that he'd fill his cabinet (and I mean fill) with Trilateralist, Bilderbergers, and CFRs. Almost every single one! I'm doing a thread on this - sorry, I'm just trying to be through so it's taking a few. So what we have is a very charasmatic speaker, backed up by an army of these groups. Some of these cabinent members have dual and triple memberships. An example would be special envoy for Pakistan and Afganistan, Richard Holbrooke. He's got a long standing trifecta.

There is most certainly 'change' in the air and I'm not sure it's a good thing for the near future. We can have the knowing that humans are very resiliant, especially the American spirit, that we will come out the otherside of this stronger, smarter, and enlightened.

In the meantime, me and the husband agreed we need arm ourselves. This is something I would have never considered before.

Source: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235692768&sr=1-1

Edited for source

[edit on 2/26/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Remember to stock up on supplies as well my friend. The S has not yet HTF, but it is coming and it will we a huge amount!

Feel free to check out the Zombie Squad forums in my signature for any information you might need. They are a great asset that I have relied on for awhile now. You will learn many many things that will help you in the up coming crisis.

I would also like to point out that yes! Yes, all his cabinet members seem to have an agenda with our country and the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Well at least you can own up to the fact that the messiah isnt doing all he promised to do. I hope most of the liberals out there can admit, as many conservatives did with bush, that this guy is like all the damn rest. He is a criminal, just like the overwhelming majority of ass tards in washington.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I've been saying this for quite some time. People being put out of work, soaring prices, a potential terrorist lurking around every corner, lieing politicians, the credit crisis and the constant bombardment of adverts asking us to snitch and spy on our neighbours. . . They're testing the water! Seeing just how far they can push us until the inevitable happens and the people push back. My guess is the OP is right and this summer we will see the first signs of people mass demonstrating. I also think some of these demo's will end in riots between the police and the demonstrators which will almost certainly be caused by agent provocateurs within the ranks of the demonstrators.
I don't think this will be just here in the UK but will be a world wide upsurge of unrest and mistrust. This really could be the start of that SHTF moment which some, including me, have been predicting for some time.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Im ready for it.
Second Line.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I hope there are demonstrations here in the UK,i think labour have gotten away with far to much,especially the *anti-terrorist* laws,the economic woes and actions of labour will break the camels back i think,although lets rememeber how docile many people have become.Oh well we have the conservatives too look forward to..the left hand of the Rothschilds and will lead us into the jaws of the EU.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I was born for it.
Cheesy but la veritas

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am ready as well.
I am also trying to get my family ready.
Read this: A Conversation on the Economy

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I thought this current thread may be useful to link across to here:

Flouridated water to hit the UK

Fluoride in the water has nothing to do with dental health and everything to do with mass sedation

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I hope there are demonstrations here in the UK,i think labour have gotten away with far to much,especially the *anti-terrorist* laws,the economic woes and actions of labour will break the camels back i think,although lets rememeber how docile many people have become.Oh well we have the conservatives too look forward to..the left hand of the Rothschilds and will lead us into the jaws of the EU.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Solomons]

I don't think people are as docile as you seem to think! Look what's been happening over the last month or so- the government allowing foreign workers to work at power stations brought the power workers out right across the country. Remember thre fuel blockades a couple of years ago? Now you've got the government wanting to sell the Post Office off to a foreign firm who will instantly shed thousands of jobs.
It seems to me that all this is connected and is part of the governments plan to incite civil disobedience and possible strike action and mass rioting.Remember, in quelling those riots the government can introduce all manner of legislation, most probably removing the right to strike and demonstrate in public. You have to look at all that's going on as a test. Who's nerve will crack first?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Right. Summer of Rage.... Please...

Oh there will be a few crazies that take to the streets but they will be dealt with by the cops and military in short order and be made example of to keep others from expressing themselves in the street.

Are you so naive to think the PTB aren't prepared, armed, trained and ready to kick some serious ass if civil unrest developes. With chem/sonic weapons that belong on the SciFi channel.

And to lapse into a conspiracy mind set....what kind of power structure wouldn't monitor sites such as this? They got your ISP, your name, phone and address in a data base. I'm convinced some 3 letter analyst is reading this post as I type. The title of thread alone probably kicked on a red light on some computer, in some nondescript brick building in North Carolina of Virginia.

The Summer of Rage will most likely be seen on the www. or Cnn. All this macho, gunslinger talk is just talk. I do find it very entertaining so continue to felx your internet muscles please.

Remember what happned to the hippies that tried this back in the 60-70s.
That worked well didn't it

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also remember what happened at Waco!

If everyone stands up to them all at once there's very little your sci-fi ray gun armed cops and military can do.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by whaaa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If everyone stands up to them all at once there's very little your sci-fi ray gun armed cops and military can do.

Everyone standing up at once
most of the fatbutt cyber warriors are so out of shape it's all they can do to get down to the 7/11 to get a 40 of bulldog, a pack of smokes and a sack of donuts.

No son, most people are to comfortable with their banal, selfcentered little lives to even lift a finger for real change.

Schools out, now go play with your Wii Wii.
It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Right. Summer of Rage.... Please...

Oh there will be a few crazies that take to the streets

The last en-masse civil disobedience and rioting happened not that long ago

The Poll-Tax uprising in the early 90's at a similarly bleak economic period when the house market crashed and black wednesday wiped out tens of billions of pounds in financial assets

This time the housing crash will be nosediving like nothing before due to the hyperinflated credit economy and there are many many households who foolishly believed the lie that houseprices never drop, and that positive equity will always be available to draw upon to pay the credit-card bills

edit to add a bit more...

most people are to comfortable with their banal, selfcentered little lives to even lift a finger for real change.

The problem is, is that those comfortably self-centred people with their little lives are seeing their pensions and savings become worthless as the interest rate plummets, whilst at the same time fear of lay-offs by employers, increasing credit debts, lack of equity to draw down upon due to collapse of housing market

All of a sudden, the veil of that self-centered satisfaction is being whipped away and many are afraid of what will be next to come

[edit on 26-2-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by whaaa

Everyone standing up at once
most of the fatbutt cyber warriors are so out of shape it's all they can do to get down to the 7/11 to get a 40 of bulldog, a pack of smokes and a sack of donuts.

No son, most people are to comfortable with their banal, selfcentered little lives to even lift a finger for real change.

Schools out, now go play with your Wii Wii.
It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

Sometimes it only takes 1 example to start. Rodney King was only one man, but mobilized thousands. There are manhy examples in history of one person motivating many. Although I agree with much of your sentiment, try not to be too naieve.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

The problem is, is that those comfortably self-centred people with their little lives are seeing their pensions and savings become worthless as the interest rate plummets, whilst at the same time fear of lay-offs by employers, increasing credit debts, lack of equity to draw down upon due to collapse of housing market

All of a sudden, the veil of that self-centered satisfaction is being whipped away and many are afraid of what will be next to come

Of course I know what you are saying Citizen Smith but will this crisis in all things economic and social translate into civil unrest and revolution or as I think.....

People standing in bread lines, fuel lines etc. Hoping for an extra cheese sandwich and a bottle of water. Who controls food distribution? Hungry people will rat each other out in a heartbeat for a slice of pizza.

Perhaps if the Summer of Rage had of taken place in 2000 it could have had some impact but imo it's far to late for anything to change, except for more control and ultimate slavery.

I hope I'm wrong but it gets closer to 1984 every day. Just the way it was planned all along.

Actually I would rather be shot in the street than starve in a camp. But what I feel for the future of the Proletariat, makes the Nazi's look like a bunch of boyscouts out on a camping trip.

star and flag btw

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Of course I know what you are saying Citizen Smith but will this crisis in all things economic and social translate into civil unrest and revolution

It will take a little time for the resentment to fester, and possibly a long hot summer to shorten tempers, but like the poll tax revolt, once Mr and Mrs Daily-Mail-Jones see that its not just rampaging dole-cheque anarchists and the like taking to the streets, but milddle-class folk just like themselves, then the average joe will join in and numbers will grow

I for one wont be taking part though...I'll just be laughing at the poor bastards demanding that an official someone somewhere in govenment-land be held to account for their own self-centred consumer-credit-greed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join