It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Simpson's Stonecutter Song & Matt Groening on CNN.com

page: 2
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
one line i just do not "get" in the Stonecutter's song is

"who robs cave-fish of their sight "
"we do"


cave fish? i know cave fish are blind but.. what's the deal every other line in that song makes sense..
and it's a valuable slot i mean. they could have added any one of the innumeral conspiracies in there..
but they choose.. "who robs cave fish of their sight" ..

as in.. we can do anything . . any thing in fact.. that that's why cave fish are blind.. because we made them that way through genetic modification?

eh..

-




posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   


Why would the rest of us believe you? My entire life experience has shown me that secretive organisations are never in tune with what one could call the common good. And that people lie. A lot. Even in writing

WOW! To go from the above to having this stated...



So are you a child molesting, cannibalistic, left-handed dyslexic bowler? I won't believe you if you say no, because people lie

This is quite the parallel... must be a mason backer?

In my opinion I don't believe anyone that denies being a mason either. Just because you have a person deny it doesn't make it true. There's usually more proof to substantiate someone being a member than proof to suggest that someone is trying to make them look bad.

The simpsons have had their share of mason signs and anything having to do with conspiracies show up before the fact on the show. Their story lines, like most tv propaganda, are to let you the viewer know what is to come. Unfortunately most viewers don't know how to read between the lines and they read the brainwashing part, turning the mind to mush and never seeing the true hidden meaning behind the show.

Rgds



[edit on 1-3-2009 by AllTiedTogether]



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
one line i just do not "get" in the Stonecutter's song is

"who robs cave-fish of their sight "
"we do"


cave fish? i know cave fish are blind but.. what's the deal every other line in that song makes sense..
and it's a valuable slot i mean. they could have added any one of the innumeral conspiracies in there..
but they choose.. "who robs cave fish of their sight" ..

as in.. we can do anything . . any thing in fact.. that that's why cave fish are blind.. because we made them that way through genetic modification?

eh..

-


I'm just speculating, but it could have a relation to plato's cavern story, and the cave fish would be everyone not in the secret society, who could not see the true extent of reality...



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is a very old Episode. First aired in January of 1995. I've done a lot of research on this episode. Here is a link to the full script of the episode.

Stonecutter script



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Nothing has been shown to demonstrate that he IS a mason. Not even close. Not even by the dodgiest of demons-behind-bushes conspiracy theorist standards!!

Seriously, come on.

The guy writes an episode taking the mickey out of secret societies and people leap to the conclusion that he is a Mason "or something"?

What the hell is wrong with some of you guys????



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Matt Groening didn't even write the friggin' episode; John Swartzwelder did.

Matt Groening just counts his money.



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark
 


Wow... you seem hell bent on suggesting that it's impossible for him to be a mason.

Why?

Why is it so far fetched?



posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth
 


I don't trust the FOX... It's been guilty before.




posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well sheesh.

This kind of makes me glad I burned the majority of my old artwork and handdrawn comics.

Otherwise, I'd be "in" on the whole thing and a Mason myself.


Better to burn the evidence than oneself, I always say.



posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Wow... you seem hell bent on suggesting that it's impossible for him to be a mason.

Why?

Why is it so far fetched?





I'm not hell-bent at all. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'm just saying that there's been no more evidence of Matt Groening being a Freemason than there has of Oscar the freaking Grouch being a Freemason.




posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Simpsons

Episode 43, Season 2 (2-21) Three Men and a Comic Book, Written by Jeff Martin. Directed by Wes Archer. Original airdate: 1991/05/09. Mayor 'Diamond' Jim Quimby opens the 12th annual "Close Encounter of the Comic Book Kind" Convention by announcing: "Well, have fun and be sure to clear out by six for the Shriners." Later, as Bart leaves, the Shriners can be seen arriving.

Episode 91, Season 5 (5-10) $pringfield, Written by Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein. Directed by Wes Archer. Original airdate: 1993/12/16. In one scene germs on Smithers' face sing out "Freemasons run the country" while in an earlier scene a garbled reference is made to the Pythagorean formula for right angle triangles.

Episode 115, Season 6 (6-12) Homer the Great. Written by John Swartzwelder. Directed by Jim Reardon. Guest Starring Patrick Stewart as the voice of Number One. Original airdate 1995/01/08. Homer joins the Stonecutters, a secret fraternity.
Grampa: "I'm an Elk, a Mason, a communist; I'm the president of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance for some reason... ah here it is, the Stonecutters."


There are probably more references but I found these...



posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

The Simpsons

Episode 43, Season 2 (2-21) Three Men and a Comic Book, Written by Jeff Martin. Directed by Wes Archer. Original airdate: 1991/05/09. Mayor 'Diamond' Jim Quimby opens the 12th annual "Close Encounter of the Comic Book Kind" Convention by announcing: "Well, have fun and be sure to clear out by six for the Shriners." Later, as Bart leaves, the Shriners can be seen arriving.

Episode 91, Season 5 (5-10) $pringfield, Written by Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein. Directed by Wes Archer. Original airdate: 1993/12/16. In one scene germs on Smithers' face sing out "Freemasons run the country" while in an earlier scene a garbled reference is made to the Pythagorean formula for right angle triangles.

Episode 115, Season 6 (6-12) Homer the Great. Written by John Swartzwelder. Directed by Jim Reardon. Guest Starring Patrick Stewart as the voice of Number One. Original airdate 1995/01/08. Homer joins the Stonecutters, a secret fraternity.
Grampa: "I'm an Elk, a Mason, a communist; I'm the president of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance for some reason... ah here it is, the Stonecutters."


There are probably more references but I found these...
So because Martin, Oakley, Weinstein and Swartzwelder wrote, and Archer and Reardon directed episodes of the Simpsons that mention Freemasonry, it MUST be the case that Matt Groening, and not James L. Brooks or Sam Simon, is a Mason.


Gotta love ATS standards of proof.



posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In modern television there is such a thing as a staff writer. Just because their name is in credits does not mean they are the creative source of all the ideas transmitted in the finished product. I'm willing to say they are probably more like Ghost Writers than Romance Novelists.

What Matt Goering says is law in that office, of that I am certain. Whether he is a mason or not I don't know, but given the content and timing it's possible he is an elitist mind manipulator associated with some sort of formal, again elitist, and secretive organisation. It is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Suspicion is just suspicion, it's not affirmation of even difamation. It's just realising the questions brought up by observable reality.



posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Why can't references just be references?

I would venture to suggest that Groening's cartoon has referenced NASCAR driving (in passing) just as many times as it has referenced Freemasonry. Does that mean that Matt Groening is a NASCAR driver, or member of a NASCAR pit crew, or have ANYTHING to do with NASCAR at all???

The astounding leaps of "logic" are easily the most frustrating thing for me in being part of the conspiracy community... Some of them just boggle the mind, and are an obvious contributing factor to the public's negative perception of the "tin-hat brigade".



posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
one line i just do not "get" in the Stonecutter's song is

"who robs cave-fish of their sight "
"we do"


cave fish? i know cave fish are blind but.. what's the deal every other line in that song makes sense..
and it's a valuable slot i mean. they could have added any one of the innumeral conspiracies in there..
but they choose.. "who robs cave fish of their sight" ..

as in.. we can do anything . . any thing in fact.. that that's why cave fish are blind.. because we made them that way through genetic modification?

eh..

-


Because it's funny. They also make the reference to the Stonecutters being the secret behind Steve Gutenberg's career for the same reason. They're both kinda absurd and make us laugh.

(Unless the Gutenberg reference is in fact a reference the the Masonic plot to introduce printing and bring town the power of the Church...)



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That is the best song...and what magificent costumes.



posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by jackflap

So because Martin, Oakley, Weinstein and Swartzwelder wrote, and Archer and Reardon directed episodes of the Simpsons that mention Freemasonry, it MUST be the case that Matt Groening, and not James L. Brooks or Sam Simon, is a Mason.


Gotta love ATS standards of proof.



This is by no means a standard of proof. Just a bit of information to consider before coming to a conclusion...Like this....

It's totally in our face folks.

Quick... take a look at The Drudge Report right now. Take a look at the G8 picture... specifically of the guy to the picture's edge holding an upside down pyramid shaped with his thumbs and hands:

drudgereport.com...

That's a well-kept secret Masonic hand gesture called the "A Jason".

In case Drudge ditches the picture, here's a backup copy:
d.yimg.com... j_RuEymJoLQ--

Folks, the Jesuits and Masons continue to flash their signals in plain site to us. Remember, they're part of a secret society.
www.godlikeproductions.com...


Ok. When I go to the link at the bottom of the text (above) there is a video for all the masonic references in the Simpsons movie. Particularly the A Jason hand gesture...I couldn't get it to play for some reason. Maybe someone else will have more luck.....Again this isn't a standard of proof so do not be offended...Just information...

By the way. I couldn't get the second link to work either. Strange...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by jackflap]



posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First, none of those links actually worked. Well, Druge got me to his site, but I didn't see the G8 picture you were indicating. Your Yahoo link to that image gave me a 404, and the Simpsons video on the other site was "protected".


Originally posted by jackflap
That's a well-kept secret Masonic hand gesture called the "A Jason".
...
Folks, the Jesuits and Masons continue to flash their signals in plain site to us. Remember, they're part of a secret society.

Exactly what kind of idiot believes that there's a secret hand sign that is flashed in plain sight??? All the secret hand signs I've learned, I give behind closed doors (guarded by a guy with a sword, who knows how to use it...) NOT with hundreds of paparazzi photographer snapping my picture in public places.



posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Exactly what kind of idiot believes that there's a secret hand sign that is flashed in plain sight??? All the secret hand signs I've learned, I give behind closed doors (guarded by a guy with a sword, who knows how to use it...) NOT with hundreds of paparazzi photographer snapping my picture in public places.


Sorry about the links. I still don't know what the deal is. I agree with you about the secret hand sign thing in public. There must be something to it though for it to be out there. I'll check around when I can...



posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

HTH
Fitz



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join