It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is the greatest ruler out of ALL the pieces of land of ALL time???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
ive heard SO many times that this guy was a good ruler and this guy was better than that guy and i want to settle this argument right now!!!

mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the greatest ruler out of ALL the pieces of land of ALL time???

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, that's easy, God.
Bet cha didn't see that one coming...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
that is an extremely broad question with no clear answer and open for much debate.

I cannot say any one ruler was greater than another however, IMO, three emperors of the Moghul dynasty of India (Akbar, Jahangir & Shah Jahan)rank high on my "never thought of" list....if I really think about it, I could probably add some Chinese emperors to my list too.

The Moghuls (latter period of the dynasty) greatly contributed to peace and stability of the Indian Subcontinent. They supported religious tolerance and Muslims and Hindus lived harmoniously. They did a lot more too, you can read for yourself here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ghenghis Khan in terms of land mass.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well what Hitler said was actually what Hitler did so does that make him the greatest??
My money goes on Napoleon

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
George W. Bush.........................

in all seriosness, Napolean was a great military mind. Ceaser was amazing, but personally, i'm going with Ronald Reagen - he ended the cold war without firing a shot.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
IMO it would have to be Alexander the Great.

Became king at 19, defeated the Persians in 334 B.C.E., went on a total conquering tour. Cut the "Gordian" knot, who prophesy said whoever cut the know will become the Master of Asia.

Founded the great city of Alexandria, which still stands to this day.

In a drunken rage, killed his best friend with a spear, and was so consumed with grief, we almost commited suicide.

Spread Hellenism to the borders of India.

Won support and even sympathy from the countries he conquered.

Died of fever at an early age in Babylon.

What more can a person ask for??

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hassan y Sabah the old man of the mountain and the creator of the Assassins.

He may not have been the nicest guy in the world, but he was centuries ahead when in it came to psychological warfare, essentially ruling through subterfuge and intimidation.

Not my style but he was good at his job.

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Alexander the Great? I think he controlled all of the known world at his time.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Alexander the Great? I think he controlled all of the known world at his time.

Yes, known to the Macedonians.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Hassan y Sabah the old man of the mountain and the creator of the Assassins.

He may not have been the nicest guy in the world, but he was centuries ahead when in it came to psychological warfare, essentially ruling through subterfuge and intimidation.

Not my style but he was good at his job.

SPiderj

Didn't he drug recruits, only to have them wake up in a garden full of flowers, drink and beautiful women, to show them 'heaven', and what waits for them if they are killed on a mission?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
#, sorry man, didn't see your post! I agree it was him.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I first thought Ghenghis Khan, but those that mention Alexander the Great have pretty strong points too though...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Alexander the Great was good, but he wasn't a Ghenghis Khan.

I will admit that his defeat in India was awesome because his opponents fought with something unknown to Alexander the Great and his army and that was elephants.

Ghenghis Khan's name means Universal Ruler because he was. He ruled the entire known world from the eastern coast of Japan all the way to the Middle East. That is great.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Didn't he drug recruits, only to have them wake up in a garden full of flowers, drink and beautiful women, to show them 'heaven', and what waits for them if they are killed on a mission?

Yep, like I said, centuries ahead of his time.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would also give heavy consideration to Hannibal Barca.

Even though he didn't rule anything, he was probably the greatest war general in all of history.

He would've defeated the Roman Empire (When the empire was at its peak) had he not been called back to Spain and Africa to assist his brethren.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well the real scorpion king united the whole of eygpt for the first time, watched a program about it on the history channel. he's got to get some credit.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ghenghis Khan ruled over more of the earth than any other man to this day. He was a ruthless leader who had total control and has not been matched since.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Alexander the great - wow i can't believe I forgot about him. Yes - he would probably take the cake.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Ghenghis Khan ruled over more of the earth than any other man to this day. He was a ruthless leader who had total control and has not been matched since.

True, Genghis was good, as was his children, especially Kublai.

But, they never really fought pitched battles. The just ran out in force, and decimated everything in their path.

Horse archers were the scourge. The Scythians used them as well, and were totally feared!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join