It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaptureMe2
reply to post by grimreaper797

"false facts"? What are those? Kinda like "real unicorns"

False facts, where I should have put facts in quotations.

For instance, you saying "I know what I am talking about when it comes to fluoridating the water supply, this is proven fact."

That would be a false fact. Thus being a "fact".

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Up to this point, most of your post was based on hearsay, which I can neither prove nor disprove,

Sure you can, dude, just give a specific to my "most" and then provide a specific counter-argument.

But this part is where you make your first blatant lie. Places like China, Turkey, etc. have much MUCH worse dental health, and a great deal of it does have to do with very excessive fluoride intake.

Ooooo, Clarice, you're gonna have to thrill me with your acumen because I don't see where you're disagreeing with me. Excessive fluoride consumption causes everything from tooth mottling to severe skeletal fluorosis. So, um, what's your point here?

Fluoride levels are regulated in the body. Your intake can be positive or negative, depending on intake, absorption, functionality of the kidneys, etc. If it is positive for too long, you will start to suffer the effects of Fluoride poisoning. It is not something you just drop dead from, or something that you cannot recover from.

You CAN drop dead from acute F intake! What are you smoking? Did you even bother to read the toxicity reports of fluoride ingestion? It has many negative implications over time as well. Doesn't matter what its molecular form it takes in the long run. It's BAD STUFF!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
For instance, you saying "I know what I am talking about when it comes to fluoridating the water supply, this is proven fact."

That would be a false fact. Thus being a "fact".

If you can show me where I actually said that . . . well that would make for a refreshing change. But a sixpack of Keystone Lite says you're full of beans.

Time to go have a life , sportsfans! Remember, no matter how grim it gets, just keep your elbow up.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
well i`ve posted a few messages on this thred ,still no joy!.my my intelect or punctuation might be a little off,however i do have relivance in what i`m suggesting,now i can gurantee you i`m an absolute moron,but i call a spade a spade,!!!unless it`s a shovel. tooth decay is is not the reason for all oral deseases ,there are more than 100 different oral conditions ,costing the tax payer hence government,a hell of a lot more for these problems . tooth decay can be genetic as in many indian children,the cost of the other dental probs far outway the cost of decay,fluride is supposed to stenthen teeth,not cure all oral illnesses ,i suppose next they will be treating the water supplies with fat inhibitors .

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaptureMe2
Sure you can, dude, just give a specific to my "most" and then provide a specific counter-argument.

Everything before where I quoted. Document it all with facts. All of it sounds like nothing more than hearsay, or at best, controversial information, such as whether or not Fluoridated water has any benefits.

Ooooo, Clarice, you're gonna have to thrill me with your acumen because I don't see where you're disagreeing with me. Excessive fluoride consumption causes everything from tooth mottling to severe skeletal fluorosis. So, um, what's your point here?

Let me remind you something you said.
"the fact is that non-fluoridated countries have equal of better dental health than the english-speaking countries that utilize it."

One of those false "facts" I was talking about before. Sure many countries with Fluorosis epidemics are because their water supplies have too much fluoride. What you leave out is that it is not government treated water. It is natural water supplies left untreated that are causing Fluorosis outbreaks in those foreign countries.

I'm not saying excessive amounts of Fluoride is good for you, hence why government needs to keep it within strict limits. IMO, stricter than what they are now.

You CAN drop dead from acute F intake!

You will first die from Hyponatremia before you drop dead from Fluoride in water. The amount of water you would have to drink, in the time frame you would have to drink it, to die that fast from Fluoride poisoning, is ridiculous.

Again, if you refer to the man who died in Alaska from Fluoride Poisoning in the water. He drank 10 liters worth before he died. Given that was over a couple days. Had he drank that much, in a much shorter time frame, he would have sooner been killed by Hyponatremia.

It take some time to be killed by acute Fluoride intake. Unless you start popping straight fluoride into your system, you aren't going to suddenly OD on Fluoride and drop dead right there. You get the symptoms, and if it continues or is left untreated, you could die.

What are you smoking? Did you even bother to read the toxicity reports of fluoride ingestion? It has many negative implications over time as well. Doesn't matter what its molecular form it takes in the long run. It's BAD STUFF!

If your intake is consistently positive long term, yes, you will suffer Fluoride poisoning, nobody is disputing that. The level in your water supply, if they are being kept at the right levels, should never be positive in the long term unless you are not a healthy person.

Doesn't matter what molecular form its in? Christ, we must have a bonafide chemist here. Where did you get your PhD in chemistry from? It is a must know, if you are going to make such an incredible claim. Why is that? Because the drug that keeps HIV-1 from becoming AIDS, is considered a Fluoride.

Another example?
query.nytimes.com...

Oh wait, its from some official source, must be disinformation. I'm going to bet that ANYTHING that said Fluoride was good for ANYTHING would be dismissed as disinformation.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
who is it up to to keep the levels in the water supply at the right levels and what happens when the waterlevels fall to extreams as we have here in australia.i`ll tell you what happens ,sufur, arsenic ,and fluride rise to dangerous levels to the point where the populatio has to buy pure water,south australias water has been toxic for so long now ,water at low levels in catchments,that i`m pretty sure their all startin ta mutate,hence the fact tha t ,per capita ,it has the highest incidence of serial killer`s in the world!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings

Hydrofluorosilicic acid is a byproduct in the manufacture of fertilizer, and we got it in liquid form. Yes, it's highly corrosive. Even the vapors will get annoying to breath.

Too much fluoride can mottle your teeth (turn them a brownish color) and yes the adding of fluoride is because the waste, which is what it is, has no other use.

Excuse me -
AND THIS IS OK?!
Come on!
Don't put WASTE from manufacturing fertilizer - in my water -
because there is no other use for it!

I would like to own the health of my own body - thank you.

I am shocked at the - "let's just go along with this" attitude.
Unbelievable that there is even a discussion about this.
Unbelievable!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
hydrofluorosilsic acid is used in small amounts at given intervilles to help in the stunting growth of bonsis plants (makes them look older and more gnarly)it`s been used by some enthusiusts for about 20 years !!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You know, there is something else, that if you have too much intake of it, in a short time, will do damage, even kill you, ESPECIALLY among children. It also causes heart disease among other illnesses if a slow steady excessive intake of it occurs. It gets put in MANY food products, just to make the product keep longer.

Even worse, it comes from Hydrochloric acid, and I know that stuff is very toxic and dangerous.

Oh, what is this dangerous substance called again?

Hmm....

Oh right, it is salt, it keeps your brain functioning. Kind of puts a damper on the whole argument, doesn't it? Salt can be poisonous and cause chronic illnesses long term. Some how, I don't think you guys will have the same viewpoint toward salt though.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So how do we remove flouride from water?

I use non flouride toothpaste, but still drink government toxic water. Does it make any difference?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Just a stab here, and not to offend anybody. But could it be a coincidence? that people who don't take care of their teeth are more then likely not to take care of the rest of their health either?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Reverse osmosis systems are very efficient at filtering. The only problem is that they waste an insane amount of water in the process. An ro system will waste 4 gallons of water for every gallon you filter.

The ones for the tap do a decent job of reducing contaminants, or even a brita filter.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join