It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i`m not sure ,um .could anyone on this thred tell me exactly and i mean acuratly what happens in the human body ,and lets be ignorant and asume were all the same,when flouoride enters the body and then into the stomach ,,how dose it get from there to your teeth ,what are the chemical processes taking place and in what chain of command bioligy,,,anyone ,,come on ,,,there must be someone????????

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone has any info as to which other areas in Britain already have fluoridated water?(I can't seem to find anything).Also I think it is pretty outrageous that around 70% voted against getting this put into their water supply,so much for Democracy!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is truly disgusting..........

So not only does my body have to contend with the mercury in my fillings , now i have the joy of fluoride in the water.

watch this

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Great going UK Governments, keep the masses quiet by flouridating the water supplies, its not enough that we get flouride in toothpaste and now salt.
At least the sheep will have nice teeth as they innanely smile for all the cameras watching their every move.
and all our corpses will have nice shiney white teeth as they smile they're rictus grin of death......

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Interesting fact:

US citizen are widely seen as "dumbed down" "brainwashed" and never feel like challenging the government.

French citizen will go on strike and burn cars for working and living conditions.

Two very different mindsets...and the french do not drink poisoned water.

I think the real effects of fluoride should be investigated independently.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The effects of flouride HAVE been investigated independently, and you can see these reports that are available online. It is CERTAIN that flouride has a very damaging effect on the body and mind, and is linked with a number of serious illnesses including down-syndrome and alzimers. Please research these studies, there was one very recent study which examined the effects of flouridated water in detail.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Have You Seen The Teeth of those People from the UK, they need more than Flouride, they should be given a tooth brush with their water bills.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The water where I live(West Midlands) has been treated since the 1960's. I've never had trouble with my teeth and I'm always eating chocolate and sugary items. I'm 32 now and I've only ever had one filling and one tooth taken out. I also have to admit that in some parts of my life that I only used to brush my teeth once a day. I've never had any health problems in my life and I'm very active and healthy.

I don't buy into this Fluoride is dangerous debate. Granted, it's dangerous in high levels, but isn't everything in life? Click the link below to see the list of all areas that are treated in Britain.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Johnson will argue that adding the mineral to tap water is necessary to prevent tooth decay among children who do not brush their teeth regularly.

This is correct. Here in Britain we have some very deprived areas where parents don't look after their children properly. Here in Wolverhampton, we have many areas with this problem.

“Fluoride is only being added to prevent tooth decay among a relatively small proportion of the population, mostly children in deprived areas who do not brush their teeth. These children are already being identified and treated in more effective ways.”

Again, blame the parents.

Johnson points out that in the Irish Republic, where more than 70% of water is fluoridated, the average number of decayed, missing and filled teeth per child is just 1.3 compared with 2.3 in Northern Ireland, where fluoridation has not been implemented.

Of Britain’s 10 primary care trusts with the best child dental health, seven have some fluoride, natural or added, in the water supply. In all 10 of the primary care trusts at the bottom of the tooth decay league table, tap water is not fluoridated.

The facts speak for themselves.

In America, 70% of people use fluoridated water and it has been added to the supply of all US cities. In Australia the figure is 67 per cent.

However, the blanket fluoridation programme will be opposed by campaigners who say the entire population will be forced to take “medication” because a minority fail to brush their teeth.

This is correct. Again, decisions are based on the minority.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Click the link for the full article. They also talk about the fears of Fluoride being added to water. There isn't any actual evidence though yet to suggest that adding Fluoride causes damage. That's not to say though they won't.

Personally, I look after my teeth and I'd rather not have my water treated, but it doesn't do me any harm and it doesn't seem to have dome my family any harm. In the past, I've stopped using my treated water for drinking and cooking, but it's to expensive using bottled water and they add their own fluoride anyway. So at present, I've been using water treated with Fluoride since I was born and I'm all good.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

I'm not talking about Europe, I am talking about the UK. Yes a lot of the UK as it already, the 10% of population figure is bogus when you look at the water companies who have admitted to making and using fluoridated water. Though as I said it won't do anything to the majority of the public as most don't even know what water is and will still be as drunk and violent as ever.

Even if I have had fluoridated water for 4 or 40 years I've still had it for years, no?

Besides I don't agree with it, so I recommend you stop implying that I want fluoridation of mains water to continue.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think the issue here is like Trolloks pointed out

1. 72% protested against floridating the water, but no notice was taken. With something like water which we use constantly everyday and directly effects (for the sake of the debate, may or may not effect) health, there is no excuse to tell us what we have to ingest.

regardless of the arguements for and against, 72% of people voted against this. Therefor this shouldnt have gone ahead, period.

We live in a democracy!

allegedly....

BTW I live just up the coast from Southampton!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

I agree, if 72% don't want it, don't put it in the water. Let the results be what they will be, for better or worse.

MY issue is with people that come into the thread making false statements to support being against fluoride. If you are against fluoride, that is fine, but don't go supporting false claims in the process.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I heard somewhere that fluoride effects the pineal gland within our brains, i dont know if thats relevant

also i live in Ny and i know our water has it

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am sure I read somewhere that fluoride makes teeth grow faster but also makes them more brittle.
Fluoride is not a good thing.

Skeletal fluorosis is a debilitating condition that occurs when fluoride accumulates in bones, making them extremely weak and brittle. In parts of China, India and Turkey where water is naturally high in fluoride, residents tend to age early and die before the age of 50, weak, arthritic and hunched over.

Source

Prozac has fluoride in it as well fyi.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by and14263]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I used to work in the municipal water industry, and I can assure you, we did NOT wear hazmat suits while this "ACID" was added to the water system. It was pumped in via a small pump that came on when the system came online, and at the very end of water production

Hydrofluorosilicic acid is a byproduct in the manufacture of fertilizer, and we got it in liquid form. Yes, it's highly corrosive. Even the vapors will get annoying to breath.

Too much fluoride can mottle your teeth (turn them a brownish color) and yes the adding of fluoride is because the waste, which is what it is, has no other use.

Oh, the delivered solution was about 24% acid, the rest was water, but still plenty corrosive. We wore goggles and rubber gloves when handling the acid, but again, we did not wear hazmat suits. Maybe in another form fluoride was more hazardous, but in the form I worked with, it was only poison and corrosive.

Hope this information helps.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just to clear the myths behind cavities.

People do get cavities because of a sugary diet and poor dental hygiene we are being told. It's only part true because it has a lot to do with genetics, some people can spend a lifetime eating junk food and never brush their teeth and wont get a single cavity, others will quickly develop them no matter how hard they pay attention to their teeth or fluoride they drink.

I cant understand how people are forced to drink altered water because of other people's problem. It is like putting aspirin in bread because too many suffer headaches...doesnt make sense.
Honestly I dont even want to cook or make tea in fluor water because it tastes horrible. I am really appalled.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

You do know tea leaves have a high concentrate of fluoride on their own, not to mention when they get grown with fluoride treated water. All food has fluoride in it, and tea leaves definitely have fluoride in them.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We've had it for decades in Australia. Look on the bright side - maybe if they put fluoride in your water, you'll start winning at cricket!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter if fluoride gives you a sparkly smile, shaggy coat and a cute bunny tail.
The population told their public servants "No fluoride" that should be the end of the discussion. The fact that it was ignored means that it should be fought and defeated. The public servants work for the citizens and the citizens don't want the damn stuff in their drinking water.

All of the rest of it is a big steaming pile of opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I have one better than a peer reviewed publication.

Ayn Rand, author of “Atlas Shrugged,” wrote “Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities, and the smallest minority on earth is the individual.”

Therefor, if I state I do not want Floride in my water, no one or group no matter the size has the right to infringe upon me otherwise.

This is a Republic, not a Democracy.

Democracies do not liberate mankind from tyranny. Democracies merely substitute one form of tyranny for another.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
fluride has been added to south australias water and the rest of australia as far as i know. The scary thing is and remains as a fact, little research will show, The fluride is actually a industriall run-of form of fluride that has been growing in large ammounts and now is being dumped in our water ways. Our water also shows one of the highest ammounts of antidepressents pressent in the world. weather this is are drinking water or run-off i am unsure as this was a brief news report i overheard on t.v. Its still very concerning whats being put in are water.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join