It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Can anyone cite an actual, peer reviewed scientific paper that proves the concerns people attribute to fluoridation?

Short answer: no.

And the Nazis didn't use it, nor did the Russians. That is an internet rumour from a single uncorroborated source. And the book that purports to be the proof makes no mention of fluoride at all. I read it.

It doesn't "calm people down" or any of that other bs that people attribute to it. It is poisonous if taken in large doses, like many things.

And, the fluorine ion disassociates in water so the argument that it's different that natural fluoride is moot.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I can't go round and round on this with you, but fluoride is the main ingredient in Rat-Poison.

I suggest you do some reading on it................ Google, fluoride poison. You can't write all those studies off as hysterical conspiro-tards.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So the Government is going to ignore the wishes of the people and introduce poison to their water.

And please don't believe that they're doing this in the best interests of the people. They don't care about the people. They proved that by ignoring the wishes of 74% of them.

Just take the time to consider this. Can you possibly imagine a time in the future when this out of control Government will start respecting the wishes of the general masses, and start serving them once again?

Of course you can't, because it 'aint gonna happen. Ever.

It's only going to get far worse from now on, and that's a fact.

Originally posted by HiAliens
I can't go round and round on this with you, but fluoride is the main ingredient in Rat-Poison.

Don't forget cockroach powder. Most of them are 40% sodium fluoride too.

Yep, the good old cockroach, famous for surviving almost anything... except the crap they're going to put in your water.

Anyone who thinks going against the will of the masses and forcing them to ingest this substance is somehow a good thing must surely be a Government agent. There simply is no other logical answer...

[edit on 26/2/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by Mike_A
Can anyone cite an actual, peer reviewed scientific paper that proves the concerns people attribute to fluoridation?

Short answer: no.

And the Nazis didn't use it, nor did the Russians. That is an internet rumour from a single uncorroborated source. And the book that purports to be the proof makes no mention of fluoride at all. I read it.

Short answer: FAIL.

There are hundreds of articles about fluoride here:
prisonplanet.com...

Here is an article on a fluoride study:
www.prisonplanet.com...

The only card left now is the "Alex Jones is a nut" tactic. That won't work because he's linking straight onto mainstream scientific studies.

Your call...

FredT, Comte, Reaper... All aboard the fail train:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The only card left now is the "Alex Jones is a nut" tactic. That won't work because he's linking straight onto mainstream scientific studies.

Alex Jones must surely be a nut.

He thinks rat poison is somehow bad for us...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A few points here i would like to make for i think we are missing some key points in my origianl post.

1. 72% protested against floridating the water, but no notice was taken. With something like water which we use constantly everyday and directly effects (for the sake of the debate, may or may not effect) health, there is no excuse to tell us what we have to ingest.

2. There is alot of studies pointing to both sides of floride, they should not put it in untill it is CERTAINE that it is fine.

3. I know its a corney ol' line, but what about the children? I've seen a few post saying "if your not a child and have good kidneys, your fine". What about the children and people with bad kidneys?
Children drink fizzy drinks filled with chemicals, or cordial/squash drinks. A choice between floride or many crazy chemicals? No win either way.
Kidney problems is not a rare thing to have, i even had a bad kidney at the age of 2 and was in hospital for several weeks. What should them people drink?? Most common thing to make sure to do when your ill is keep hydrated, how can you do that if there is chemicals in the fluid that keeps you hydrated is a chemical that makes it worse??

4. The UK has free dental service, there should be no need to have to put floride in the water to improve on teeth. Also, if someone chooses to not look after their teeth, its their problem that they get gum desiese and cavities in the first place, and should not blaime anyone but themselves. Just because they are lazy, no need to effect everyone else with it.

5. The UK has had previous problems not so long ago with the water prices getting caught ripping its customers off, and are still doing so. At the moment, as im sure your all aware, bills are skyrocketing and are not going to fall. Adding floride will increase the cost of the production of tap water. Who is going to pay for this?? We have to pay for something that we clearly dont want, why should we have to??

6. I've seen a few posts about having wells, and yes it is a good idea. However, the majority of people do not have the room for a well, nor the money to build a well and maintaine it, as well as the time to.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Hi five Nukes.

I can haz dociled populations?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Sorry, you fail miserably. An article is a long way, a very long way, from a peer-reviewed scientific study. Heck, I can write an article.

Try again.

4. The UK has free dental service, there should be no need to have to put floride in the water to improve on teeth.

It's not actually free. Do you think that dentists don't get any money for their work? The money is paid by the government, coming out of your taxes. The addition of fluoride is meant to reduce the cost of dentistry by reducing cavities and generally making teeth stronger. Now that is proven.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Sorry, you fail miserably. An article is a long way, a very long way, from a peer-reviewed scientific study. Heck, I can right an article.

The FAIL just keeps on coming doesn't it?

They are articles which LINK TO peer reviewed studies. Capische?

I am trying to be patient. Don't make me unleash the fury of ALL CAPS on you.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Your links all link to articles. Link to the actual study please. I'd like to read the study, not the article that says, "Some studies show..."

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Your links all link to articles. Link to the actual study please. I'd like to read the study, not the article that says, "Some studies show..."

I gave you fair warning... Deep breath.

I HAVE NOW SWITCHED ON ALL CAPS. THIS MEANS I AUTOMATICALLY WIN THE DEBATE, BECAUSE EVERYTHING I SAY IS DOUBLE-FACT. PLUS, I AM SCREAMING INSIDE YOUR HEAD... POWER!!!! ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS CLICK THROUGH TO THE SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN ARTICLE ON THE PROVIDED LINK, BUT YOU WERE TOO LAZY. NOW I WILL HAVE TO DO IT FOR YOU. HERE YOU ARE,
LOTS OF LOVE,
HI ALIENS

www.sciam.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You didn't analyze anything. You obviously don't even understand chemistry, so how are you going to tell me you did any analyzing?

Like I said, if you knew anything about chemistry, you wouldn't be talking. Reread my posts, learn something.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Dude, that's an article. Not only that you can't even read the whole thing. Obviously you don't know what a peer-reviewed scientific study is.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

THE ARTICLE LINKS TO A STUDY PUBLISHED BY THE NATIONAL ACADEMY IN 2006 FOR CONGRESS. www7.nationalacademies.org...
YOU CAN BUY THE STUDY IN HARD COPY FOR SIXTY-SIX DOLLARS HERE, THAT'S 22 DOLLARS A PIECE FROM EACH OF THE THREE FLUORIDE HEADS ON THIS THREAD. CAN'T SAY FAIRER THAN THAT. LOLCATS.

Check on the links I provided above, the prison planet articles link to dozens of studies.

Well... my work here is done people. I've had enough of being patronised for today. I was never attempting to analyse anything, just point people to souces so they can judge for themselves. I'm off to listen to Karl Pilkington now. Over and out.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Look at you getting all upset. LOL

Ok, so that is a review of the EPA limits. Fair enough, they are going back and reviewing to see if their limits are too high. That's good. But nowhere is that review linking fluoridation to cancer.

I've grown up in a fluoridated community. For at least 40 years the water has been fluoridated. If it were really that bad for you, don't you think the ER at the hospital would be full of fluoride poisoning patients, or even just a couple?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

How about composing an argument, getting it well thought out, and posting it up, so we can debate it in an adult like fashion?

Oh sorry, I was daydreaming, back to reality.

You post no argument or facts, just a couple claims that "FLUORIDE IS POIZON!!" even though, last page, I disputed just that, and you had no counterargument.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Getting all upset? It's just a joke dude...

Fluoride poisoning is chronic and subtle, rarely acute. However, it does manifest in many other modern ailments which are on the increase...

Hugh Laurie, I don't have time to write a whole article on it, What's the point? Far more competent people than me have made the case. I'm just pointing people to the studies.

I'm going. Your patronising manner is a drag.

ALL CAPS: WIN

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
oh a study is what you want,here`s your study ,i first visited the dentist when i was 11 years old in the 70`s,although i had exeptionally good and proper teeth,my mother decided i should visit the dentist,after the initial examination and crude x rays ,my mother, unknowing of dental science,was horrified to learn i needed 4 fillings "drills and fills".when questioned ,the dentist replied retortedly"now who`s the dentist here"and so it was done .years later i had to visit the dentist for an extraction of one of these filled teeth, upon xraying he noted that the teeth that had been filled when i was a child were perfect prior to the drilling of my teeth ,this went on and goes on now!the other children in the town all had perfect teeth we had no flouride in the water then , the town has grown by some 3000 people, there has been flouride in the water now for some time,and the incidence of childhood dental problems are slowly increasing ,including alot of lifethreatining oral diseases not helped at all by fluride .

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Does anyone have any info on what other areas of britain have fluoridated water?I am in agreement that it is outrageous to put this stuff in the water when around 70% of the people in his area have said no to it,so much for democracy!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Hugh Laurie, I don't have time to write a whole article on it, What's the point?

So wait, you have time to frequent a conspiracy theory forum, tell people they are wrong, but you don't have time to post a well thought out argument on that same forum?

And you talk about my logic capabilities?

Will somebody give the pro fluoride-is-poison side a leg to stand on here?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join