It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

What and is that statement meant to erase all the medical studies done into the subject?

It’s not profound to declare we’re all fecked.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

What are you typing about, erase which studies.. wut? Not trying to be profound.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
what is wrong with fluoridated water? It cleans teeth.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
Watch the video i posted one page back, and rethink that cleaning teeth thing. And oyeah, it doesn't matter if it's poison right?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga

Originally posted by MoothyKnight
Watch the video i posted one page back, and rethink that cleaning teeth thing. And oyeah, it doesn't matter if it's poison right?

Exactly - why is that ever ok?
We don't need it for our teeth and IT IS POISON -
and it is being put into our tap water.
Come on people.
We can't keep pretending to not see the obvious.
We have to question such ludicrous behavior -

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Does anyone know if flouride can be filtered out using a regular jug-type filter?

I live in france and in the last week my tap water has been "dosed" with something. Smells and tastes like a chemical.

I'd like to think it's not permanent but who knows.

I MUST get a pump for my well!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm actually wondering if the water in bottles also contain fluoride..

Edit:
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

It doesn't seem to be really a secret, but since they advertise so much for it...

[edit on 26-2-2009 by vasaga]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

The bottles themselves are toxic.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ugh, unless your kidney's are failing, I wouldn't worry too much about fluoride, seriously.

As for "ZOMG IT IZ POIZON!" do some research.

I am going to use wiki, since most of the information for this is sourced and correct, and it makes it easier than linking you all to several sites.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you can't follow what that means, you should simply remove yourself from the debate.

Now, this clearly disproves that the type of Fluoride compound they use in water is a byproduct of Aluminum Metal production.

H2SiF6= Hexafluorosilicic Acid

Na2SiF6= Fluorosilicate salt

This type of Fluoride s(Hexafluorosilicic acid) is mostly a byproduct of the production of Phosphoric acid. The reason being, Phosphoric acid is produced by the phosphate mineral group Apatite. This mineral contains Hydroxylapatite, which is the basically that stuff that makes your teeth hard. They then take Hexafluorosilicic acid and treat it with NaOH, or Sodium Hydroxide. Sodium Hydroxide is used to neutralize acidic compounds and create by-product salts.

A common example:
NaOH + HCl= NaCl + 2H2O

What does that mean? Hydrochloric Acid (you have probably heard of it before, its pretty dangerous.) is treated with Sodium Hydroxide, to create Sodium Chloride and Water. Sodium Chloride= Table Salt.

So, back to the other salt. Fluorosilicate salt is a by-product of treating Hexafluorosilicic Acid with Sodium Hydroxide. This salt is what they use to treat the water supply.

The reason, as referenced above, is because the same stuff in Apatite, the mineral which this salt initially comes from, is the same stuff that makes your teeth stay hard.

Now my next point, Fluoride build up. As I said before, unless you are a small child, or your kidneys are failing, you have no need to worry about fluoride. The kidneys excretes Fluoride, which was deposited into the bones. In adults 60% of Fluoride intake is absorbed. 99% of that 60% is deposited directly into teeth and bones. That does NOT stay there forever. It is moved from the bones to the kidneys, where it is excreted when you urinate.

Further more, your intake of Fluoride occurs all the time, since ALL foods contain some amount of Fluoride. Most adult Fluoride intake results from drinking water and eating foods.

To address one members concerns about safety precautions taken. Let me tell you this.

If Hexafluorosilicic Acid is evaporated, it will release Hydrogen Fluoride. That stuff is very dangerous because as soon as it makes contact with moisture(skin tissue, etc.) it immediately turns into Hydrofluoric Acid, which is extremely corrosive and toxic.

It is my opinion that anyone freaking out about Fluoride knows little to nothing about chemistry, and is just reading somebodies wacky theories which were based on the hope that you wouldn't know any better.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

They call them "wet scrubbers" - the pollution control devices used by the phosphate industry to capture fluoride gases produced in the production of commercial fertilizer. In the past, when the industry let these gases escape, vegetation became scorched, crops destroyed, and cattle crippled. Today, with the development of sophisticated air-pollution control technology, less of the fluoride escapes into the atmosphere, and the type of pollution that threatened the survival of some communities in the 1950s and 60s, is but a thing of the past (at least in the US and other wealthy countries). However, the impacts of the industry's fluoride emissions are still being felt, although more subtly, by millions of people - people who, for the most part, do not live anywhere near a phosphate plant. That's because, after being captured in the scrubbers, the fluoride acid (hydrofluorosilicic acid), a classified hazardous waste, is barreled up and sold, unrefined, to communities across the country. Communities add hydrofluorosilicic acid to their water supplies as the primary fluoride chemical for water fluoridation. Even if you don't live in a community where fluoride is added to water, you'll still be getting a dose of it through cereal, soda, juice, beer and any other processed food and drink manufactured with fluoridated water. Meanwhile, if the phosphate industry has its way, it may soon be distributing another of its by-products to communities across the country. That waste product is radium, which may soon be added to a roadbed near you - if the EPA buckles and industry has its way.

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
IT IS POISON -

No, THIS Fluoride is poison:
C4H10FO2P

This Fluoride helps HIV-1 infected patients from dying:
C14H9ClF3NO2

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Look them up and see what they are known as.

edit: and yes, they are both classified as fluorides. Most Fluorides are not just stand alone Fluoride element, they are compounds.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Either you didn't read my post, or you didn't understand it. To say anything more than that would be to simply repeat exactly what I just said. Reread it more carefully this time, especially the specific chemical equations and make up.

Edit: and by what I mean is, if you think they are treating the water with hydrofluorosilicic acid you are either gullible or illogical. The day they start putting highly corrosive ACIDS in the water, Ill start to worry.

Your statement is like saying they are putting Hydrochloric Acid in your food, not table salt.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
the australian government is making local government authorities add fluoride to all public watersupplies in 2009 this year!!! it did not make any difference in any public consultation process ,in some cases 100percent of some regions refused the bill but the federal gov is going ahead with the poisoning,yeah we all know how bad it is ,the home work has been done,what surprizes me most about the whole charade ,is ,i dont know about you but i find it hard to belive that some of the most capatalistic people are dentist and orthodontists .always rubbing shoulders in the background with polititions and their ilke,why would they who enjoy a particularly high lifstyle,want to sacrafice the big house ,boat ,car ,polital rappore,and leaching gold digger wife,girlfriend ,mistress,pro.it makes no sense at all to me,

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
reply to post by Mike_A

What are you typing about, erase which studies.. wut? Not trying to be profound.

The studies that my post exclusively dealt with, if you didn’t read my post why did you direct your reply to me? What point were you trying to make?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

The one I replied to, it made me reply like that. Train of thought meandering sstyle.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Ugh, unless your kidney's are failing, I wouldn't worry too much about fluoride, seriously.

Fluoride & the Kidneys - Fluoride & Kidney Disease in Humans (back to top) "OBJECTIVE: To explore the dose-effect relationship of water fluoride levels and renal damage in children and observe the difference of renal function between high-loaded fluoride people and dental fluorosis people in the same water fluoride level region. METHODS: 210 children were divided into seven groups in term of drinking water fluoride levels and whether they suffered from dental fluorosis. Fluoride concentrations in urine and serum and activities of urine NAG and gamma-GT were determined. RESULTS: The urine and serum fluoride of high-loaded fluoride people and dental fluorosis people increased compared with control, moreover fluoride contents in urine and serum increased gradually with the increase of fluoride level in drinking water. Urine NAG and gamma-GT activities significantly increased in dental fluorosis people from area of 2.58 mg/L fluoride in drinking water and in those two groups from area of 4.51 mg/L fluoride in drinking water. Moreover, there existed an obvious dose-effect relationship between the drinking water fluoride concentration and NAG and gamma-GT activity. CONCLUSION: Over 2.0 mg/L fluoride in drinking water can cause renal damage in children, and the damage degree increases with the dinking water fluoride content. Renal damage degree is not related to whether the children suffered from dental fluorosis and mainly due to water fluoride concentration." SOURCE: Liu JL, Xia T, Yu YY, Sun XZ, Zhu Q, He W, Zhang M, Wang A. (2005). [The dose-effect relationship of water fluoride levels and renal damage in children] Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 34(3):287-8. "In my medical practice I have encountered two cases in which fluoridated water interfered with kidney function. One of these, Miss G.L., 27 years old, had been under my care from July 1966 to September 1969 for allergic nasal and sinus disease. She had a congenital cystic kidney necessitating consultation with a urologist. As shown by its inability to excrete indigo carmine, a dye employed as an indicator of kidney function, the left kidney was not working and was slated for removal. This patient also reported having pains and numbness in arms and legs, spasticity of the bowels, ulcers in the mouth, headaches, and a progressive general disability - symptoms of possible intolerance to fluoride - for about 15 years. Her water supply (Highland Park, Michigan) had been fluoridated since September 1952. On February 1, 1967, I instructed her to avoid fluoridated water for drinking and cooking. Within a few weeks all the above-mentioned symptoms disappeared, and another kidney dye test on June 12, 1967, astonishingly revealed that the left kidney had begun to function again! A follow-up 5 years later revealed that the patient had remained in good health as long as she refrained from drinking fluoridated water.

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
reply to post by Breifne

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

It's a totally debilitating con-job.
And it is harming us.

Hello! I drink water with fluoride in it. How is it harming me?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am against fluoridating water, but whatever side of the debate you're on, the central issue is that people should be able to choose whether to ingest it or not. Put it in toothpaste, bathe in it, rub it on your third eye, bend over and stick it in suppositories if you want, but if the medical establishment is divided, don't risk people's health.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Are you between the ages of 1-4? No? Then I wouldn't worry lol. This post was really a grasping for straws on your part. As I said later in my post, which you probably didn't read, unless you are a child, or your kidneys or failing you have no reason to worry.

I'm sorry I assumed you weren't under the age of 8, next time Ill be more considerate.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

I'll never drink the public water, but it has nothing to do with fluoride. There are alternatives to all this Fluoride stuff. Hell just ask member Ca_Orot, she buys into it and she doesn't consume anything with Fluoride (she does, but according to her she doesn't lol. sorry carrot.)

I don't really think treatment is necessary, but I also don't think anti-depressants should be finding their way into the water supply, but I've seen some studies which have suggested thus that.

I'm not saying Fluoride treatment is necessary, but every time somebody freaks out saying "ZOMG FLUORIDE IS TEH POIZON!" god kills a chemist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join