It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

news.bbc.co.uk

Fluoride will be added to tap water in Southampton after health bosses voted through the plans despite protests.

It is the first time a health trust in England, rather than water companies, has been allowed to introduce fluoridation under new laws.

The idea has proved controversial with 72% of 10,000 respondents in a public consultation opposing the plan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A true democracy?? Clearly the public had voted against foridated water, by near enogh 3/4! a huge majority, yet they still go through with floridating the water because "They know what is best for us".

Also, bad teeth is not anything deadly, so why put so much money into something that clearly only 28% are interested in having it. Shurley they should do something about the amount of crap that is in the food and drink that is sold everywere and drank by many many kids everyday, instead of forcing this upon the whole public.

The government is ment to serve the people, not ignore them so blatently.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Only a matter of time then until the rest of us get no choice in having it added.
Looks like its off out to find a localish natural spring.Im sure theres a few around exmoor way.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So that area will soon be lulled into a semi conciouse state of low wave alpha brian activity, I wonder if this is retaliation for the total number of europian citizens that have rejected television completly, as in another way to mass mind control the other comsumer units like they do us.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Interesting theory. Certainly the amount of people watching TV has gone down. Many more people are using the internet to watch their programs and get their news now, and is ever increasing. Many houses ive been too just have the TV on for background noise while their all on their laptops or readin books etc. Maybe this could be their "Plan B"?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think its about time we had ourselves a little bit of an uprising, they are just taking the p~ss, the english goverment are no longer acting for the people or in the best interest's of the people, it is time that the people object !!!!, OI Brown, NO !!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ahh the voiceless British hordes, how easy they are to rule.

Just what would it take for them to actually make a stand against something, anything?

The only purpose that country serves is to act as a warning to others.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Didnt Russia used to give fluoride to prison inmates to control them?

Fight this with all you can, if all else fails, drive a private well if thats still legal over there. My city tried to get fluoride removed from the public water but the powers that be wouldnt allow it, I have a well, much cleaner, better water.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

yes, it's been proven in has phsyco active properties including calming people down.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
reply to post by salchanra

yes, it's been proven in has phsyco active properties including calming people down.

Thanks, a quick search and I found the Nazi's used it as well. Imagine governments wanting to calm down their populace during such insane economic times. Cant imagine the reasoning behind that, why do they want us to stay calm? (please denote the sarcasm there)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Get yourself an reverse ozmosis filter system, or a double candle style counter top, twin water filter, they sell a $30 dollar aluminum filter thats supposed to remove about 80% of the fluroide, good for about 600 gallons. I got mine, from www.pwgazette.com It mihgt be 2 z's, not one. google itn in...
Downside to reverse ozmosis...its remvoes about 97/98% of EVERYTHING from the ater, including minerals yuor body needs..so get some mineral tabs to substitute.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear that, your screwed. Don't drink the water!!! Fact, It's a toxic posion...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Bad teeth and dental health is deadly.

There is a clear association between gum disease and heart disease. A 2004 study found that 91 percent of patients with cardiovascular disease also suffered from moderate to severe periodontal disease (Geerts SO et al 2004). While people with gum disease have a 25 percent greater risk of heart disease than those with healthy gums, researchers have only recently begun to uncover possible causes for this link. Researchers now believe that gum disease, which is inflammatory, causes the release of pro-inflammatory chemicals into the bloodstream, which triggers a systemic inflammatory response. Atherosclerosis is also an inflammatory disease, and many of the same factors that increase risk for heart disease also increase risk for gum disease.

www.lef.org...

Be sure to floss! But in any case, I'd say that fluoride is something to stay away from.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I guess we are lucky in that most of the population are antagonistic White Lightning swilling yobs anyway so they will remain as violent and unfamiliar with water as ever.

My area as had Fluoridated water for years, most of the UK as had it for years already as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

The one thing left out of your post was the fact that fouride can and does cuase far more tooth decay and gum disease than not using it at all. By the way flouridic acid or flouride is actually a bi product or waste product from the manufacturing of aluminum. Also think to your self, if I allready have flouridated water, and flouride tooth paste and flouridated mouth wash, is the amount I am getting to much??? You will find that we have actually been intentionally over exposed from child hood through adult life with 300 to 400 times more than healthy or even acceptable for any reason.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

Thats not entirely true, most of europe has rejected flouridated water for the very reason stated in my prior post, and I would be willing to bet on the fact that you have only had flouridated water in you area since the late 40's at the longest.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
Didnt Russia used to give fluoride to prison inmates to control them?

Did they?
I've heard about a Hitler fluoride story -

This is poison and a culling.
and - I'm sure there is some special interest group -
a plastics company or someone -
that can't get rid of the fluoride any other way -
that paid the Brits some big bucks to take it off of their hands and
put it in the water.

Someone obviously paid Arnold of California as well - we have it here.
It's also a good way to get people to be afraid to drink the water - hmmm....
This is a very bad sign.

Disgusting-
Controlling -
Money Grabbin'-
Idiots.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Ahh the voiceless British hordes, how easy they are to rule.

Just what would it take for them to actually make a stand against something, anything?

Something genuinely malicious from the government. Tada.

Flouride in the water - "oh no"

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Man if you guys get flouride in your water, your going to take away the best dig we have. the whole bad teeth thing

On a serious note, think of the improved dental health for the children. many wather systems esp those with wells have natural levels of flouride that exceed US Federal standards for adding it in.

My evidence? The city of Palo Alto was one fo the the first to benifit from a fluorinated water supply and what do I have to show for it 39 years later? Yep never had a cavity.

The flouride issue seems to draw the same type of hysetrical crowd as the anti vaccine crowd. Long on indignation and self richeous blather but short on facts

[edit on 2/28/09 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Did you know the folks here in California wear hazmat suits when they add it to the water - that we bathe in and drink? Do you think we should be drinking or bathing in anything that requires a person to suit up and to protect themselves while they are pouring it in? Does this image not seem a little unnerving to you?
It does to me. This isn't just natural occurring fluoride. It's scary.

Edit - to be nicer.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join