It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Is Offline Due To Stoner Idiots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
What about "chat only mod's"? members in good standing who would monitor the chats when reg mods arn't there? just a thought.

second this.

why punish everyone who does appreciate this because of a few idiots? that seems wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I disagree. I've done nothing wrong in chat to the best of my knowledge... but yet I'm as unable to access it as those that did.

You can try and spin it all you want, but in taking chat away from all of us, we are all being treated as if we are guilty. At least until such time as they receive whatever logs they need to weed out the offenders apparently. If then. Whatever. I've lost much respect for ownership here in the last couple days.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Resinveins]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ohhh great idea!! You guys are just too smart for your own good

Of course the idea has potential to fail miserably if the wrong people are chosen. It would be like the hall monitors everyone couldn't stand in elementary school. Give someone even the slightest bit of "power" and it goes right to their head.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

As Skeptic stated, he's working on finding out who the trouble makers were and once that is done, chat may or may not return.

We have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The title to this little drama is not acceptable!

I liken it to the saying" ATS is only for a bunch of conspiracy nuts..."

Don't make such broad statements involving others unless you are going to be specific about who you address.

I for one will happily go toe to toe in any academic forum or scholastic debate with anyone that wants to stereotype me as an "Idiot Stoner" and then we'll see just who the idiots are, cause it ain't me.

As much as I have fun on this site, it's getting a little funky around here as of late.

Title should read " The biased ignorant idiots who run this site have a vendetta against those that hold a different view than themselves and have regulated content accordingly!"

Not nice, but neither is your own words....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A group of bad apples shouldn't ruin it for everyone.

Can't SO just ban these idiots and then allow for us to discuss these things again?

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

As Skeptic stated, he's working on finding out who the trouble makers were and once that is done, chat may or may not return.

We have to wait and see.

i don't think that's fair either. chat has become a place that occasionally people come to vent. and on the day in question there was alot of venting. everyone was pretty pissed about the new decision and alot of people said things that might not exactly the best things to say. i think it would be easier to just get chat only mods. and if the chat logs were taken and looked at with TOC in hand then alot more then the drug talk rule would have been broken.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
AHHA!

I suggest that your entrance into the chat room is determined by a point score determined by the mods. This way you will know that these people are probably a bit more savvy in ATS ways and civilities.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Not sure if i'm following you. Please elaborate.

2nd line

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Everyone.. read SO's note here. This isn't over yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I, myself, rarely visit the chatroom. It doesn't matter though. If I did, I would abide by the T&C set down for those interested in using the chat feature. Just like I do in every thread I engage in. I don't talk about drugs in ANY ATS area because it's a topic that is not allowed here. Period.
I feel bad for all the people who are missing out on Chat because, even after many warnings and alerts, they had to continue pushing that envelope and now nobody gets that perk. It sucks. It really does.

Do I think you, resinveins, are innocent? Who freaking cares? It's not my job to watch your mouth unless it's in the War on Terror forum. But, it doesn't erase the fact that the actions of a few affected the site for everyone because they had to be the envelope-pusher. It's been brought up a whole lot over the bunch of years that I've been here that you don't talk about drugs. What's not to get?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as S.O calling members Stoner Idiots? What are ya gonna do? Hit that Alert button and see what happens. With power comes perks.

The owners of the site said "enough!" more times than I can count and the members did not heed that warning. Action was taken.

I saw it coming. You didn't?

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by Cuhail

You can try and spin it all you want, but in taking chat away from all of us, we are all being treated as if we are guilty.

This is precisely why it's a bad idea to feed a cat smoked salmon.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I know... I read his post. I'm just openly disagreeing with his subsequent actions. I mean I know he co-owns the place and can pretty much do as he pleases.... but aren't I allowed to publicly disagree in the very thread started to discus the topic?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was in chat myself last night, but not for long because I could see which way it was heading.

it seems almost like there was a concerted effort by some members to ignore the big ongoing thread about drug talk and post disruptively - basically seeing how far things could be pushed.

Well guys, now you know exactly how far things can be pushed and have screwed things up AGAIN for the rest of us.

In this particular instance, "stoner idiots" is right on the money.

Grow up.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Not sure if i'm following you. Please elaborate.

2nd line

I was suggesting that, if and when the chats come online, all further entrance to the chat is based on the amount of points you have. Let's say- 20,000.

Once someone has reached 20,000 points they usually have a fairly good grasp on the site and what is acceptable and what is not.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Skeptic I really think that you and so many other people of ATS are making this out to be a bigger deal than it needs to be.

Think of these "stoner Idiots" as trolls yea?
When they make a stupid post about whatever, instead of crying like a baby that they are ruining ATS for everyone, just ban their profile. When they make a stupid post in a thread ban that post give them three shots and they are out.

It doesnt take an idiot to see how easily both sides can be pleased. Those who dont like drug threads stay out of them, those who want to talk about drug conspiracies (and there are plenty of them) can talk about them. Whenever an idiot pops up, ignore their stupid remark and wait for a mod to delete their post and give them a warning.

Pure and simple, maybe I should be in charge for a day
. Just kidding but serious chill out.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
um, i had to delete my post i sounded dumb.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by wiredamerican]

[edit on 26-2-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Poor leadership

Poor leadership would have been to do nothing about the problem.

What makes and keeps ATS both popular and unique in the universe that is the internet is the hard work and efforts made by the owners and staff to hold true to the site motto and the terms and conditions of use without which ATS would surely be just another discussion board devoid of all of the things that draw us all here in the first place.

There are millions of website/discussion forums, chat servers etc.

There is only one ATS.

Please, continue to keep it that way.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm new here and I mostly lurk anyway, so my thoughts and opinions probably don't matter much. But here I go...

These people are kind enough to create and maintain a website that we can all come together and discuss many interesting topics. When I signed up, I was made aware of what is acceptable by the T&C that I agreed with to become a member. Another point I have is that it is their website and they can control the content in any way they see fit.

I am no fan of authority, but no one is making me come here and be a member of this community. I do so freely and while I am here, I will respect the rules they have set in place. The internet is a big place and there is probably a website for every topic imaginable. If you need to discuss something and it is not allowed here, I am sure an outlet for your topic can be found somewhere on the net.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join