It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek island's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There's an odd group of explorers known as "volcano tourists" who go visit volcanoes when they get the chance. My husband and I do that, though we haven't had many chances.

The Greek volcanoes are here:
en.wikipedia.org...:Volcanoes_of_Greece

On any active volcano, make sure you have a local guide and make sure that the local authorities know where you're going and when you expect to come back. We've never had any trouble because we stayed in the areas we were told were safe.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
well travailing from island to island by boat is not only affordable but FUN! I lived on Paros for awhile and I loved it there. Limited history but a fairly central position in the Cyclades making trips to other places easy. To be honest the largest number of ruins seem to be along the western coast of Turkey and for this reason Turkey is a great place to spend a bit of time. If you want more details on the region I'd be happy to answer them just U2U me. I also have a good friend from Greece living here at the moment who I could also pick info out of for you.

congratulations! and happy travels!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Here's a completely new take on it for you...

How about a visit to a 20-25 million year old rain forest!!
Amazing place....well I thought so anyway!
A very very peaceful place....no night life....and very easy to get about....not many people either......Lesvos!

farm3.static.flickr.com...

This small Island also has a nice Byzantine castle to take in too :

farm4.static.flickr.com...

I feel like a travel agent!

www.discoverlesvos.com...

[edit on 27-2-2009 by zerozero00]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i thought corfu was good.
be careful what way you go with this OP, you might go looking for culture and end up with a bunch of larger lout's if you're not careful which place you stay.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Hi Mate

Having lived in the greek Islands for nearly a year on and off here are my choices Santorinihas an intact old city dating back 1500 bc , Crete and Rhodes are nices places of intrest as well

Bit dont miss the Island of delos there are day trips from mykonos as you cant stay on delos to holy to the greeks.
Peace & health
SM

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i sugest nisyros, a volcano and ancient ruins, it's a great little island.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well i've been to Rhodes and it's quite enjoyable walking round the old town and the castle. Especially on a night when it's all lit up. I remember walking past a few locked gates inside the castle where I think is where the historical stuff was kept. You could see through the gates and see all these old ruins and statues. My guess was that they were the real thing and thats why they were locked up, but never did find out for sure.

As for the nightlife. Well there is nightlife as such. Like tavernas playing music and karaoke and things. But Not what I would call the 'clubbing scene'. Especially with Faliraki just being round the corner where all the clubbers head to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join