It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guys i need urgent advice/help...please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i am freaking out here. it started about 6am. i tried to get on the computer but my right hand kept locking up on me. i could not control the mouse..i layed back down in bed and it seemed to get worse. my wrist was cocking far to the right. my ankles were bending...my mouth was forcing itself open....i was having 'tics'..

well now i can barely stand up..as soon as i stand my left hip 'gives out' and i have this far lean to the right and it feels like my back is going to break...i can't walk...

the other 'tics' seem to be gone but this standing and walking thing has me nervous....

i don't knkow what to do..

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Sadly only a doctor can really diagnose because he/she will have all the equipment

Now...as a medic...that sounds like a seizure...what they would call petit mal seizure

possibly a panic attack

Did you have any numbness anywhere?

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i have no numbness at all. it feels like my body is locking up on me even as i sit here and type this...

this is insane...do those siezures last long

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i looked it up and grand mal or tonic clonic siezuer matches better...i think i should go to the er

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Forget online discussion board medical advice...get yourself to the ER.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
then what are you waiting for? stop telling everyone your symptoms asking for advice from people who might care but dont really know medicine. if i had these symptoms the last thing i would do is log onto a chat board to try and get attention and sympathy. go to the er and get fixed if you really are having a seizure. otherwise you have no options. there is nothing any ats member can do for you. every post you make seems to beg for attention. attention is something only given so often. go get fixed and maybe your family will come back to you. sorry to be so callous. just telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Brain Damaged

not trying to get attention or sympathy...was asking for advice.

edit*
been walking room to room here upstairs and i seem to be doing ok..my right arm still seems to be a little on the rigid side...

i think it is subsiding...

how can something like that just happen though?
part of the reason i don't want to go to the er is i have no insurance

[edit on 26-2-2009 by thing fish]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I think the best advice you could ask for or get is medical advice.
professional advice..... asking here ain't gonna help mate.

Speak to a doctor or phone the hospital.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If it's a stroke then you only have a window of like 2 hours to get meds that can reverse the damage. If you wait longer than that there is nothing that can be done.

The only way you will know if it was a stroke is to visit the ER.

I wouldn't waste any more time talking or hoping it will just go away.

Not much more I can say so I wish you the best as I depart from this thread.

[edit on 2/26/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
i am freaking out here. it started about 6am. i tried to get on the computer but my right hand kept locking up on me. i could not control the mouse..i layed back down in bed and it seemed to get worse. my wrist was cocking far to the right. my ankles were bending...my mouth was forcing itself open....i was having 'tics'..

well now i can barely stand up..as soon as i stand my left hip 'gives out' and i have this far lean to the right and it feels like my back is going to break...i can't walk...

the other 'tics' seem to be gone but this standing and walking thing has me nervous....

i don't knkow what to do..

My answer now is the same as the urinal problem you were having earlier... it just might be them aliens.

I mean, that's seriously suspicious if the problem starts when you approach the computer.. as if something doesn't want you to use the computer for some reason.

That's very suspect that the problem waits for you to go to the computer before it hits. I don't trust it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

never thought about stroke...my right arm has relaxed and all the symptoms seem to be gone. i just walked down stairs and back up. room to room...

it lasted for about 7 hours total....

thanks for all the advice..i know i should have went to the hospital but i hate em...been in em so much plus the no insurance thing....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well here is the thing...there are several facts here as far as I am concerned

1. I think you may have had a seizure. Seizures can start out of nowhere. The bright lights and hertz interference from the computer can trigger one

2. I am NOT a doctor...only a doctor can help you how you probably need

3. Even if I WAS a doctor, I would be of zero help here since I don't have tools, meds, and most of all, you in my imaginary office.

The fact is a seizure, stroke, transient ischemic attack...alot of these things are terrible dangerous and fatal in some cases.

If it happens again I would highly recommend getting to a clinic regardless

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

if it happens again i am definately going to go to the er. i don't want to but i will. it was pretty friggin scary man...not knowing what theh hell my body was doin...when my hip was arching out on me and i couldn't walk or even stand is when i really started to get worried but shortly after that all symptoms were gone. now everything is ok.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sounds like a stroke could you stick your tounge out was it crooked?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Sounds like a stroke could you stick your tounge out was it crooked?

at times my mouth was opening up and my tongue was coming out on it's own. almost like i was trying to yawn so hard that it was gagging me. that was part of the trip.

i mean this lasted for like 7 hours. after the last symptom and all day today, nothing at all. totally fine.

gonna have a serious talk with my psych on the 11th

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

how can something like that just happen though?

Given the things you're going through (based on other posts)...would a panic attack really be all that surprising? Please do go to the ER if it happens again. If you have a doc, call him, and advise also...

If you don't think it safe to drive when it occurs, call for an ambulance...it's why we pay taxes man...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Is there any chance this is a reaction to any of the medication you've just been given?

Did you, perhaps, take an alcoholic drink when you're not supposed to mix it with your medicine?

Please, do what everyone else suggested and go to a doctor. You might feel fine now, but you don't know what caused it and it could happen again.

The only way you will get things straight in your life is if you start to deal with problems properly as and when they arise. Don't think because you've got an appointment in a couple of weeks time you can put off getting proper advice until then.

top topics

join