It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Small Farmers, Organic or Not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I stumbled across a YouTube video this morning that was added on Feb. 23 of this year. It was a clip from a website called "blogtalkradio", something I'd never heard of.

The story was about a couple of bills in Congress, about food safety.

The bills in Congress (HB 814, HB 875, SB 425?) look innocuous to the public and are cast as "food safety" but they mention two things (and thus make regulations buried elsewhere, operative) which will destroy the competition to industrial agriculture and/or take over control of all farms and thus of the US food supply: "tracing" which triggers this: www.organicconsumers.org... "best farming practices" which triggers a series of regulations that industrialize farming - allowing the government (indistinguishable from industry) to impose * what feed to give the animals (the GMO feed they sell), * what medical regimen (the drugs they sell), and * what spray and where and when (the pesticides they sell). These "best" practices would prevent farmers from raising animals on farms where crops are also grown and a series of things that are equally absurd to anyone who knows the least thing about farming or wishes to farm themselves and have chickens and vegetables, or a horse and fruit trees or ducks and grow corn to feed them or ...

The above quote is taken from the YouTube site.
Source

Here is the radio program in it's entirety:
BlogTalkRadio

I did a Google search on the HB 875 bill, and came across this site, Daily Kos (another site I am not familiar with) and it had this to say;

HB 875 is called a "food safety" bill and it looks "nice." But it includes coded words that make other very "not nice" things become suddenly operative, things that are not mentioned directly in the bill but are buried in multiple other places, as simple lists or as regulations which have never been debated by law makers or voted on by the public, but inserted into agency documents, frequently by industries which are supposed to be regulated by those very industries.

The coded words around "tracing" trigger NAIS [please watch this video by the Organic Consumers Association] and any words around "best farming practices" would unleash a slew of absolute government controls over (but not limited to) things such as what the farmers must feed their animals (one assumes it will be GMO feed from Monsanto Bt-corn and Bt-soy) and when, what medical regimen they must follow (one assumes it will be the drugs Big PHARM and Big PHARMA sell), what kind of spray (one assumes it will be the pesticides Monsanto sells) and when and where farmers must apply it.

It is clear from those three items alone (what the animals eat, what drugs they are subject to, what is done to the soil and plants) that "best farming practices" and many more anti-farming practices) would industrialize every farm and destroying all organic farms.

Can someone please read and listen to this.. This sounds like a whole lot of gloom and doom for our small farmers out there, and I know many of them.

(Mods, I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, so feel free to move it if need be)

Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thank you so much for this post. I watched the first You Tube and I'm going to follow up on this.

They are hitting us so fast and hard with so many things we can't keep up withall of it. This is really horrible.

I was watching yesterday the You Tube on the people at Fox News who did the expose on Montsanto and the growth hormones in the milk, and how Fox would not air their report because Montsanto wouldn't let them.

You probably saw that, the great "Fair and Balanced" Fox News?

www.youtube.com... " target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The You Tube was horrific, the idea that if you have a horse you can't grow any food on your property because the horse poop might get on the food and make somebody sick.

These people are unbelievable. And Congress has two bills they are seriously considering, about to pass into law, because they are puppets just like Obama and do as they are told, whatever the corporates tell them to do they obey. They have no conscience.

Of course they don't eat genetically modified Montsanto crap food. They have organic food. But it's just one more way to put the small farmers off their farms, to shut them down.

I'm one of those little farmers with animals and organic.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to live life and be happy? But no, not when you have Satanists running the world and bent on killing most of us off and erecting a Fourth Reich of people with the right DNA.

Quite obviously the ones with the DNA problems are them, because the gene that links to having a conscience got completely left out of theirs.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
All these recalls -- the lettuce, all that -- everytime you hear their hyped up news stories you know, uh-uh, they are getting ready to clamp down on this or that, and getting the people psychologically ready for what athey are going to do, giving us the rationale.

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis.

They cause the problem, and then step up with the solution, a solution far worse than the problem they created, and they just keep moving on that way until finally they get what they want -- to own the world under Satan and have total control over the people below.

It's sick. I don't want to go to a FEMA camp, to have my farm shut down (when I'm just getting it up and running), to give up my animals, to have this country torn down around us as we see them doing.

We must wake up as many people as we can.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes, I have seen that Fox video regarding Monsanto and the milk.

I am actually back reading the book, "Seeds Of Deception" after about a six month break from it. I had to stop reading it because it was too much for the stomach to handle. I am now on the chapter called "Muscling the Media" and it talks about the Fox/Monsanto case at length.

You can view the website about the Fox milk incident where you can read much more on the case:
FoxBGHSuit

If you want a good read, I highly suggest the book. It's full of tons information about what is going on today and how we got where we are, and everything the author quotes, citations are given, so you can look the info up for yourself, and decide for yourself whether you want to believe it or not.

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
All these recalls -- the lettuce, all that -- everytime you hear their hyped up news stories you know, uh-uh, they are getting ready to clamp down on this or that, and getting the people psychologically ready for what athey are going to do, giving us the rationale.

I'm not sure if this relates to this comment or not, but in my mind, it somewhat does.

I was reading an article in a Canadian Cattlemen magazine, and it talks about Canadian food exports (I am Canadian) and U.S imports.

The article is titled, "CHANGING THE RULES ABOUT FOOD, The U.S is serious about tightening the net on food safety"

Here is a quote from this article:

According to the CDC and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 76 million cases of food-borne illnesses occur in the U.S each year, causing about 325,000 hospitalizations and 5,000 deaths. In response to a system that isn't meeting it's goal of protecting an American public from food borne illness, the FDA designed a four-pillar food safety plan, backed by the U.S food industry that also sees the need for more stringent food import strategies.

Products, currently valued at $2.2 trillion currently come from 25,000 importers through 300 points of entry. For a start,, proposed food rules will reduce the total number of ports capable of receiving imported food products to 13 and each port must have a FDA laboratory in the vicinity to carry out any necessary testing.
Canadian Cattlemen This issue is NOT available to read online yet. I took the quote from the actual magazine itself. Emphasis mine.

My suspicion is that the PTB, are keeping everyone pre-occupied with other matters, the economy, the war in Iraq coming to an end, etc.

Now, they are slipping in these little things pertaining to the food chain, and no-one is really paying attention.

I can't imagine what a difference it is going to make to the consumers of the U.S, going from just over 300 ports of food entry down to 13. I can't really grasp it, because I don't know the numbers of what actually IS imported in to the U.S.

Take away the small farmers, shut down ports, and then what..??

Whoever controls the food, controls the people.

Scarey times...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Truth

I am actually back reading the book, "Seeds Of Deception" after about a six month break from it. I had to stop reading it because it was too much for the stomach to handle. I am now on the chapter called "Muscling the Media" and it talks about the Fox/Monsanto case at length.

My suspicion is that the PTB, are keeping everyone pre-occupied with other matters, the economy, the war in Iraq coming to an end, etc.

Now, they are slipping in these little things pertaining to the food chain, and no-one is really paying attention.

I can't imagine what a difference it is going to make to the consumers of the U.S, going from just over 300 ports of food entry down to 13. I can't really grasp it, because I don't know the numbers of what actually IS imported in to the U.S.

Take away the small farmers, shut down ports, and then what..??

Whoever controls the food, controls the people.

Scarey times...

I really think you're right that what it's all about is eliminating organic food. The push of the USDA to promote speciality crops and eating more fruits and vegetables is just an excuse to get more involved in how people grow fruits and vegetables, in order to "protect" the children from bad germs from organic fertilizers.

Here's a link to a one hour video online by the author of Seeds of Deception:

video.google.com...,+video&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei= IYmoSdvOAZDMnQe9w7jrDw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Also have you read Days of Hunger, Days of Chaos by Texe Marrs? He wrote it 10 years ago and it's like he wrote it yesterday. Here's the review from Amazon:
"Nothing to Eat," screams the newspaper headlines. "Hungry Mobs Panic and Riot." Are we, in fact, about to suffer disastrous food shortages? Will an angry and desperate people strike back in rage, giving a corrupt government the pretext to set up a frightening police state?

Days of Hunger, Days of Chaos reveals the horrifying truth about a monumental plot to starve Americans and the people of the world into submission. The coming great hunger will come upon us suddenly, at an instant, astonishing all with its ferocity and total devastation.

The book of Revelation warns of deadly famine and pestilence to overtake the world in the last days. We now face the ominous reality of mass suffering and death. It will be hell on Earth, a fierce and brutal time of utter misery and despair. In this stunning investigative report, Texe Marrs reveals how these incredible prophecies are quickly coming to pass.

About the Author
Texe Marrs is author of the landmark #1 national bestseller, Dark Secrets of the New Age, and 35 other books. He has taught American defense policy, international affairs, and political science at the University of Texas at Austin and two other universities. A retired career officer in the U.S. Air Force, he served throughout Europe and Asia. His Power of Prophecy shortwave radio program is heard around the world.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

You are correct the food safety problems were created by the World Trade Organizations Agreement on Agriculture in 1995.

I wrote this for a handout to explain the problem.

There is something everyone looking at “food safety” issues and the proposed bills misses.

First the changes wrought by World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Agriculture (AoA)
Second that HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point system) turns over food safety responsibility to corporations, government agencies just audit. The worst threat to food safety is “traceability”.

Already farmers report of new contracts that transfer ALL liability to the farmer. Once there are no family farms to blame, corporations can easily set up mini-corporations for each factory farm they own. If there is a lawsuit fingers point to the farm and the contract, the farm “bankrupts” and the mother corporation buys it back thus neatly circumventing the major financial repercussions of lawsuits. I suggest you read the testimony of Stan Painter to see just how the system works to protect big Corporations. domesticpolicy.oversight.house.gov...

We will all be eating tainted “frankenfoods” if theses bills pass.

I am asking Butner Blogspot butnerblogspot.wordpress.com/ to post the history showing exactly how Monsanto, Cargill and the rest have been manipulating “Free trade” and world policy to make sustainable farming extinct.

This is a time line showing exactly where the food safety bills come from.

1993 Published International HACCP guidelines developed by the Codex Alimentarius n, a joint Programme of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)and the World Health Organization (WHO). revised in 1997. www.fao.org...

1995 World Trade Organization (WTO) formed. Former Cargill Vice-President, Dan Amstutz, drafts the original text of the Uruguay Round Agreement on Agriculture. www.zmag.org...

"Measures to trace animals...to provide assurances on...safety ..have been incorporated into international standards... The Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures...Aims to ensure that governments DO NOT USE QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS as Unjustified trade barriers... It provides Member countries with a right to implement traceability [NAIS] as an SPS measure." www.wto.org...

“Development of risk-based systems has been heavily influenced by the WTO Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures ” OIE report Oct 2008 www.oie.int...

September, 1995, USDA's Food Safety & Inspection Service presented a 600-page document Farm-To-Table - control of every step in the food chain from production to home preparation. haccpalliance.org/sub/news/AAMPReport.pdf

1996HACCP(Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point system) is developed by Pillsbury. On July 25, 1996 the USDA issued the Pathogen Reduction/Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Systems rule, “Under the HACCP rule, industry is responsible for assessing potential food safety hazards and systematically preventing and controlling those hazards. FSIS is responsible for verifying that establishments’ HACCP systems are working”

Feb 2007: U.S. Department of Agriculture’s “risk-based” inspection plan: Food Safety and Inspection Service will focus more on plants (factories) judged to have a higher risk of contamination. (if there are no complaints or non Compliance reports no inspections made) articles.latimes.com...

Efforts of Food inspectors to bring problems with HACCP ignored by USDA management

Apr 17, 2008 Testimony:Mr. Stan Painter, Chairman, National Joint Council of Food Inspection Locals: December 2004 Union president Stan Painter receive reports from union member that SRM regulations are not uniformly enforced. Painter writes to the Assistant FSIS Administrator for Field Operation about enforcement problem. USDA responses by placed Painter on disciplinary investigation status and contacts the USDA Office of Inspector General about filing criminal charges.

It (the recall of Hallmark/Westland Meat) highlights one of the problems that we have attempted to raise with the agency ever since 1996 when the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) inspection system was put in place. There seems to be too much reliance on an honor system for the industry to police itself. While the USDA investigation is still on going at Hallmark/Westland, a couple of facts have emerged that point to a system that can be gamed by those who want to break the law. It (HACCP) shifted the responsibility for food safety over to the companies .

December 2004 Freedom of Information Act requests
August 2005 Over 1000 non-compliance reports – weighing some 16 pounds -- were
turned over
domesticpolicy.oversight.house.gov...

2007 “In 1981, there were 181 FSIS employees per billion pounds of meat and poultry inspected and passed; in FY 2007, FSIS employed fewer than 88 workers per billion pounds “ domesticpolicy.oversight.house.gov...

10/29/2008 Use of Process Indicators for Ranking Processing and Slaughtering Establishments in FSIS Public Health Risk-based Inspection System www8.nationalacademies.org...

USDA is moving toward supporting fewer labs nationwide, with the remaining labs serving as regional labs and supporting larger geographic areas. Texas Animal Health Commission

The first-point testing program is the “early warning system” for the brucellosis program, enabling detection of infection prior to sale of cattle within the state. With the discontinuation of first-point testing, slaughter testing will become the primary method for brucellosis surveillance. Texas Animal Health Commission www.tahc.state.tx.us...

The "Food Safety Bills are about removing farmers from the land

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What a treasure trove of information. Thank you so much. I'm forwarding the link and I'm going to go over it carefully, send it along to my friends in Weston A. Price.

We should u2u each other.

Thanks again for explaining in such detail how the scam works.

Do you see any way out of this, other than stopping the legislation or moving to the jungles of South America?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
What a treasure trove of information. Thank you so much. I'm forwarding the link and I'm going to go over it carefully, send it along to my friends in Weston A. Price.

We should u2u each other.

Thanks again for explaining in such detail how the scam works.

Do you see any way out of this, other than stopping the legislation or moving to the jungles of South America?

I agree.

Thanks so much for your input crimvelvet.

I'll be sure to read all the links you have provided as soon as I have time.

top topics

join