It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Grills Bernake -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

RP to Bernake, "You Can't Reinflate The Bubble!"

Ron Paul Grills Bernake

“This is the end of an era,” said the Congressman, “we can’t reinflate the bubble….if we think that we can reinflate this bubble by artificially creating credit out of thin air and calling it capital, believe me we don’t have a prayer of solving these problems - we have a total misunderstanding of what credit is versus capital.”

Click on the Link to watch the video.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I looked all over ATS and didn't see this posted.

I just watched it and figured anything that this man says, needs to be spread asap.
I also tried to embed the video into the thread, but I haven't mastered the art of posting YouTube VIDEOS.

Either way....
These guys think they can stuff a square block into a round hole.
Why do they think that since something worked for just a little bit, then we had it perfect.
Our system is FAR from perfect. Yet they think just breathing a little more life into the system right now will boost us back to the good times.

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!
We need to completely flip the script and rewrite the system.

If it aint broke then don't fix it.
If it is broke. Then someone take the hammer away from Bernake.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Ha yeah! I saw that, he did a great job of stating the correct things.

Ron Paul always does a good job stating what most of us are thinking or needing to know.

Bernake really needs to give us more information, there are times when he talks and Im waiting for him to finish a sentence and he just goes on the the next thing. Stating the exact thing over and over and over again.

Does he think we are idiots?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Personally I would like to see Ron Paul take his allocated 5 minutes and actually ask the hard questions and DEMAND the answers rather than take that same time to pontificate.

He would get a lot more press by really putting the screws to Bernanke rather than just make statements.

The majority of Americans don't watch CNBC or CSPAN, but put Bernanke or bankers in a real hot seat and EVERY news outlet will carry it

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

Ha yeah! I saw that, he did a great job of stating the correct things.

Ron Paul always does a good job stating what most of us are thinking or needing to know.

Bernake really needs to give us more information, there are times when he talks and Im waiting for him to finish a sentence and he just goes on the the next thing. Stating the exact thing over and over and over again.

Does he think we are idiots?

You hit it spot on the nose.
Every time I'm listening, and you think you are about to get some useful info......
Next topic.
It's like you're listening and going around in a circle all @ the same time.
Like like a dog chasing its tail

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Personally I would like to see Ron Paul take his allocated 5 minutes and actually ask the hard questions and DEMAND the answers rather than take that same time to pontificate.

He would get a lot more press by really putting the screws to Bernanke rather than just make statements.

The majority of Americans don't watch CNBC or CSPAN, but put Bernanke or bankers in a real hot seat and EVERY news outlet will carry it

Who WOULDN'T love to see that....

but...
my question to you my friend,

IF Rp were to take his full 5 and truly drop the hammer on these guys...
do you really think it would make the news?? Come on... we're in the USA....

They'd be too busy talking about who got kicked off of Idol last night.
How much roids Arod injected yesterday.
What is Michelle Obama wearing??
Did Brittney Spears wear panties today??
Is Paris Hilton still drunk??

I'm just saying... the American people have better things to pay attention to rather than Ron Paul and the truth.

Now that's sad but true.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

CNBC Anchors Mortified Ron Paul Was Allowed Air Time

To further on the first video that was posted.
I just found this other video that is a little longer version of the same one.
The end has the Anchors reactions to what Ron had to say.
The two CNBC commentators were less than happy that Ron Paul got to speak his mind.

CNBC Anchors Not Happy Ron Paul Speaks

Anchors Erin Burnett and Mark Haines were so perturbed by what they had just heard that they immediately cut to a commercial break:

Haines: "This is not going as planned"
Burnett: "No it is not"
Haines: "We were told that there would be a very limited number of opening statements, and it seems to be getting out of control."
Burnett: "Here’s what we forgot, everybody is taking this live, you know what that means? Why would they miss an opportunity for free air time?"
Haines: "We’re going to take a commercial break and get them out of the way, so that when something really substandard [he must mean substantial?] is happening, we don’t have to interrupt them."

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Is there a video of this?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Here's the Directors Cut

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dreab_boy

click on the link homey
someone is going to have to teach me the secret to posting youtube videos.
Because I clicked on the YT Vid button and entered the link.
But that was obviously wrong.

But the vid is in the link(s), my apologies

new topics

top topics

join