It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were told you have 3 months to live.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If a doctor told you have 3 months to live what would you do with that time?

Alot of detail is good. I love hearing what people would do.

I would enjoy the time I have and do the things I have always wanted to do. For one I would visit The Netherlands. I lived there when I was a child and have fond memories of the places there.
I would also visit many ancient castle in Europe and abroad. I've always wanted to see a good thick layer of snow. I have never seen more than afew centimeters of it on the ground.
Spending all my money is a must. Be it visiting places or donating it to charities.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would DEFINATELY spend every bean I had ! I would book myself on the earliest flight to the USA and travel the country until my time was up.The fondest memories I have are my American vacations.The scenery is awesome and the people are wonderful.I would ,if possible,spend my last day or so looking at the sun rise and set over Bryce Canyon with the orange rocks glistening in the sun.And I would make my peace with the world and pray to God that I've got it right about re-incarnation!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would spend every last second with my family, Telling them how much i love them and writing letters to them for the future to read,

Having had to see a family member have a short amount of time to live it taught me that everything else does not matter, Loving your family and living the time you have around them is the most important thing ever,

You should live your life by the moment and the day, we all never know how long we have, We could be living our days now,

Sorry it sounds like a bit of a downer but its something i think alot about,

LOVE YOU ALL
xxx

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'd watch some good movies with my wife, play barbies with my daughter, and hold my son.

There's nothing more important to me than my family, and I'd just keep doing the things I do everyday with them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What wonderful, and thought provoking posts. Not much more I might add, that's not already been said.

I already live my life as though every 10 minutes are my last. I cherish everything. Whether it's a lightning storm, the light smell of gasoline when my car is being filled up, a squirrel playing in the tree, a leaf blowing in the wind, a sunrise glowing just above the horizon, a flake of snow I catch on my tongue, or watching the wonder in my son's eyes when he sees or does these things for the first time.

With so much bad in todays news, it's amazing how much the simple things count.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
the light smell of gasoline when my car is being filled up,

It's good to know I'm not the only one who looks forward to that as one of life's little joys.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I would spend every last second with my family, Telling them how much i love them and writing letters to them for the future to read,

Having had to see a family member have a short amount of time to live it taught me that everything else does not matter, Loving your family and living the time you have around them is the most important thing ever,

You should live your life by the moment and the day, we all never know how long we have, We could be living our days now,

Sorry it sounds like a bit of a downer but its something i think alot about,

LOVE YOU ALL
xxx

That was actually very inspiring.
Thank you for your wonderful post asala.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Having had to see a family member have a short amount of time to live it taught me that everything else does not matter...

I went through the same thing - so, the OPs question is a good one

and I came away with the same point of view as you - you spend your time with the people that matter to you

and the flip side of this scenario is - you spend as much time with that person as you can

for them - but also for yourself - so there are no regrets

You should live your life by the moment and the day, we all never know how long we have...

so true - the situation had a profound affect on me - and it completely rearranged - or eliminated - many of my priorities

Sorry it sounds like a bit of a downer but its something i think alot about...

I think about it a lot too - and the question is sorta a downer :-)

but it doesn't have to be

even having rearranged many of my priorities - I still slip back into some of the same old habits - so, I would definitely quit worrying about getting everything on my list done - especially since it's never happened anyway - not even once

not even once :-)

and if I were to come up with something besides spending time with the ones I love - something extravagant or outrageous - that I always wanted to do - I would live at sea on a boat - at least part of that time

I would live in the desert for some of it

and I would attempt to know for sure - somehow - what it was I was watching in the sky that night - several years ago...

I have other questions - but I'd settle for the answer to that one

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by lombozo
the light smell of gasoline when my car is being filled up,

It's good to know I'm not the only one who looks forward to that as one of life's little joys.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by nyk537]

ditto.
I thought I was weird.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
First thing I would do is start smoking cigarettes again. I really did enjoy smoking.

I would live on my boat during the day and spend the nights loving my family and close friends.

I would read my will and begin to give all my personal property to my family.

Then when the time was close I would board my boat and sail off into the sunset. What a great way to go.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Then when the time was close I would board my boat and sail off into the sunset. What a great way to go.

Hey, DD can I come with you and then when you are gone; I would conduct a fitting burial at sea and then could I have your boat??

I promise to take good, loving care of it in your memory. Honest!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think first of all I would be grateful to have that much of a warning.

Then I'd probably worry that I'd fall under a bus before I'd had time to finish all my last little preparations.

I wouldn't have that much to do, just arrange for where I wanted my stuff to go and make financial plans for my dog. I'd have to ensure he was properly looked after.

I wouldn't want much of a funeral, just a quick cremation and my ashes scattered on a beach. Maybe play a bit of Sisters of Mercy as the coffin slid out of view. Cheapest one available - I bet they recycle them when you're cremated.

I expect I'd think about reading the books I've never got round to reading or having a last look at some dvds or a last listen to some music.

Then my dog would give me 'that look' and I'd end up taking him for walks instead.

Seeing him bounding about in the forest going mad for sticks makes every day worthwhile to me. I grumble a bit about having to do it when I'm busy, but seeing his joy when we're out makes any other problems fade into the background of my mind.

And at least if I tire him out during the day I get some peace in the evenings to ditz about on the internet, here in particular, and play on my computer.

So that's my priorities, really. I don't think they'd change because I was about to drop off the perch.

I don't think I'd make a big thing about the last time I'd see or do every day things, I'd just continue to enjoy the little things that amuse or delight me. Mostly the wildlife in the garden. It's amazing what you can attract if you just put a bit of food out.

There's a lot of things I'll never do and a lot of places I'll never see but I just need to be comfortable in myself and in the moment, then I can live or die contented.*

*That's not to be complacent - it took a lot of hard work to be comfortable in myself and I'm grateful every day for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well this subject is as old as the internet but...

-Help family and friends with as much as I can

-Get a bunch of chicks and do this until I die

-Spend all money left on the best tasting food/most unhealthy food/ most expensive food and eat up till the food is coming out of my nose

new topics

top topics

join