It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got retrenched today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Me and 90 out 131 employess got retrencehed today!
They shut down our operation!
Yes i am in the automotive industry, and been in it my whole life!
And now it is F*****!
I phoned the employment agencie and they laughed at me!
They told me to take a number....67,196 and counting!
What do i do when my chiild is crying all night cause he cant fall asleep cause he is hungry!
What do i do when the bank comes to Knock on my door to take my house!
I am beyond MAD!
I want BLOOD!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I feel for ya mate, but unfortunately you are one of many, myself included. (not in USA though)

At least you have your health and remember, there are a lot worse off than you and I.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You presumably have internet access, a computer and the time to sit and rant.

I normally feel sorry for people who are retrenched, but your attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

You want blood? Whose blood?

Go and watch HunkaHunka's vlog in the ATS Media Centre about him being retrenched... see how a real man deals with problems, rather than sitting and ranting about wanting blood.

As I say, normally I would have offered a sympathetic post... but your attitude is wrong. With all due respect, quit bitching and go looking for work instead of ranting on the internet.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel666

As Chadwickus already said, you are one of many out there,
but every cloud has a silver lining.

Greetings

[edit on 26-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What do i do when my chiild is crying all night cause he cant fall asleep cause he is hungry!

Yeah.... i agree with 44SS.... there are many worse off and much better ways to deal with your problem.

How about you SELL your PC for a start if your kid has not been fed??
I mean seriously...... if you are being serious... then I'm sickened by what you've said.
There are people around the world who are actually STARVING!!!
And you're sat there in your HOUSE on your PC saying your kid is STARVING???

priorities mate......priorities....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I know many people are quite submissive and many either don't want to understand, cannot understand, or are simply incapable of putting themselves into someone else's position, BUT ...

... I understand - and it's got NOTHING to do with what anyone said in this thread here, just to make sure this is clear, OK? - that:

... if you are treated from your employer like dredge
... if you are considered to be nothing but dredge by the employment agencies
... if you are treated by authorities like nothing but dredge
... if almost all your money is taken through legal theft (tax)
... if you work for a pittance in a temp agency (legal slavery/human trade)
... if you are not allowed to have your own opinion anymore or voice yourself
... if you find out that individuality is not desired - you must become "normal"
etc.

... then it becomes hard to stay kewl*.

I only expressed my opinion. I am not trying to challenge anyone's opinions or belief systems. Peace.

Greetings

* = cool spelling for the word cool (lol)

[edit on 26-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Yeah.... i agree with 44SS.... there are many worse off and much better ways to deal with your problem.

How about you SELL your PC for a start if your kid has not been fed??
I mean seriously...... if you are being serious... then I'm sickened by what you've said.
There are people around the world who are actually STARVING!!!
And you're sat there in your HOUSE on your PC saying your kid is STARVING???

priorities mate......priorities....

He never said his kid is starving. He says: What if..... He just got retrenched TODAY, how can his kid be starving already? No need to sell the pc yet. Better use it to find a new job income.

[edit on 26/2/2009 by FreezeM]

[edit on 26/2/2009 by FreezeM]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
ill tell you what you do...

FIND ANOTHER JOB

you know lots of us have lost jobs, but YOU GO GET ANOTHER ONE.

hell dig ditches, learn computers, get a degree....

cmon...

i was without work for about 3 months, then i found a new job around december. it gets depressing, but dont just sit around crying about it.

GET TO WORK!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Me and 90 out 131 employess got retrencehed today!
They shut down our operation!
Yes i am in the automotive industry, and been in it my whole life!
And now it is F*****!
They told me to take a number....67,196 and counting!
What do i do when the bank comes to Knock on my door to take my house!
I am beyond MAD!
I want BLOOD!

First of all take a VERY deep breath! Let your mind calm down and shove aside the what ifs. Just let your self take a few moments for YOU and find a calm area to just take some time for a bit.

Now many people are going to jump on the its all you band wagon blah blah blah...let those posts go and pay attention to the ones about the people who have already gone through this and see the various things they had done to get through it. Pick up on the one's you feel will be of use for your family and leave the rest behind.
I know how you feel my younger brother who has two babies (just 2 and 5 months) lost his job not that long ago . He has been looking everywhere for a bit now, but the difference between him when he first lost his job and now is he let the anger go and feels much better.
The initial anger issue is a perfectly normal act. It is overcoming the anger and allowing yourself to become level headed once again that will do you the most good right now. Yes there are going to be worries but you must above all look past them and find the solutions. Don't dwell on the worries find the solutions!
It is going to be hard going finding a job as it would for anyone right now. But for the well being of your family you must move forward and fast. It is up to you to decide if you are going to make the best of it or if you are going to sit around and fume in anger.
Perhaps getting going on finding something to replace the income you have just lost is in order. While you are looking for a permanent job how about doing odd jobs here and there to get income for the family? It may not be much but it will help in the mid term.
xoxo Stacie

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniel666

Sorry you lost your job. Try temporary labor places, they are the only ones hiring. They will pay you between 8 and 14 bucks an hour. Depending on your skills.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You will find a way, but like other people said you have to stop bitching and get moving. I have been out of work since october, and unfortunately I live in a city that has the honor of the highest unemployment rate in the country at like 16 or 17% now. Good old Elkhart Indiana. There is nothing here, fortunately my wife has a job, but we have had to cut to bare bones. No more TV, no more going out to eat, using coupons, doing whatever we have to do to make it through this.

Guess what buddy, we arent out of the woods yet and it is going to get worse before it gets better. If you need to go out and kill stuff for your family to eat, do whatever you have to do, just dont curl up in a little damn ball and let it defeat you. If things keep going there is going to be some blood flowing, but that is not what we want. It will be ugly, but unfortunately I think it is coming. Do yourself a favor though if you have kids and a wife, take care of them, dont fight the good fight. Family is where you will find your way through this mess.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by dlongwell547]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You where JUST laid off .. chances are, you have some money saved up to feed your kid..

It's just a natural business cycle.. where in the Constitution does it say we have a right to a guaranteed job? Common people, let's not go all... French like now..

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Sorry about yesterdays outburst!
Anger is the first responce to a traumatic event.
I have calmed down had a chat with familie and friends.
I will survive and will be stronger at the end of the day.
I am now going to use this as an oppertuinity to do something i have always wanted.
I LOVE cooking and catering, so i am going to try and do something in that field.
Bake pies and sandwitches at home and deliver them to offices and factories? something like that.....
To tell you the truth i hated the auto industry!
ne door closes another opens....
i just have to find that open door now!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Good man

Follow your ambitions.

However I would say try and tie up contract work with the leaders of firms. They may be looking to slash costs on catering for staff (esp if they have a work canteen), so try and offer them a lower cost catering alternative where you come in and deliver the food.

Make sure your sell side is strong (ie tie in contracts) before you go off and buy a hundred loaves of bread!

Good luck to you bud. Much better attitude to take, and Im sure you will do better as a result of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Hey Daniel Im terribly sorry for what you had to go through. I myself am having similar issues so are those close to me... I am so angry but there are so many over the past 8years to blame I dont know where to start... all I can say is hang in there.... your not alone because the majority of america is suffering with ya... or lets say the majority of the world.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Temp agencies pay quite well. We have many designers making over 50$ an hour.The guy across the hall makes 21$ for general labor in the lab. The local nuke plant pays 80$ an hour for designers and 25 -50$ for security people.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Why not try what I am doing.

I was working in the recruitment industry and had been out of work for the past 7 months as I kept getting excuses such as overqualified when applying for even jobs in Mcdonalds for crying out loud!

Think about what companies need to do right now? Save money and continue to expand profits to please shareholders. Impossible, NO

My new business will be up and running in April and I will be offering a service that cuts costs in half for businesses while increasing expansion. An idea that popped up when I thought that the end of the road was near. If nobody will employ me then I will employ myself and others who are facing the same excuses as I have.

Have faith in yourself and you will be fine but do not panic for there is always a door no matter what if you are willing to open it.

PS I have just read the rest of this post and it is nice to see that you are seeing the doors I am speaking about, good luck.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

As ppl are buying less new cars, older cars are more in demand
and need repairs.

If you are a passable mechanic you can make a decent living
doing that thou it is harsh work.

I'd ignore the poster who said sell your PC.

You will need it to look for a job, and or sell things on Ebay, etc etc.

Take all your items you can live without and sell them if you
have no 401k or savings to fall back on.

You have unemployment for awhile, and like most americans you
likely have credit cards.

If you think you can start your own business now is a good time
to do it if you can find something that is in demand, and you can
do it well.

I have a friend who is reloading ammo, trimming trees due to storm
damage, working on friends and families cars, and other odd jobs
while he is looking for full time work.

I do computer and network consulting, and build PC's for
friends, family, and prior customers of mine from when I had
my own business. It is just part time and ocassionally a short
term contract comes along like one I'll be doing in march.

Put an Ad on craigslist and be competitive on price and you
should get some calls, I sure do.

Good Luck !

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

In line with the food thing you might grow an organic garden,
and do solar dehydration and sell it as survival food cheap
on Ebay or craigslist.

Some ppl just sell heirloom seeds.

This time of panic can become a time of profit.

Check out survival acres for the shelf life on most long term
stored food.

With the market being down catering might suffer a bit, but
survival oriented foods is WAY up.

Find a way to separate your product from the rest and offer
good prices and you should do real well.

Good Luck !

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

top topics

join