It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the first ever video of a UFO landing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
Yeah I remember the guardian tape from way back.

Not sure but I thought this one has been debunked.

One of the things that is left out when many UFO believers talk about this case is the "Canadian Department of National Defense" documents that "Guardian" sent to researchers, proclaiming a conspiracy of the People Republic of China and the Greys against Jews, which Stan Friedmen found to be forgeries.

Many researchers in the UFO field will not touch this case. Even UFO Magazine declared it to be a hoax 20 years ago. MUFON Ontario also believes it to be a hoax after an investigation.

Edited with a better link to the MUFON Report.

Here are MUFON's findings regarding the case:

In conclusion our findings are as follows:

1) The Labaneks, Bobby Charlebois, Pavel Farfara and possibly others were involved in creating a Hoax video and distributing it as a recording of a 'UFO landing'.

2) That Susan Gill's story was used to pad the Carp event, even though her 'event' occurred (if at all) at a different time.

3) Oechsler used his manipulative ability to build a story even though he knew of the circumstances and exactly what was going on and together with Bruce Maccabee, intentionally misled the public, the media and ufology using unethical means, and bad judgement in order to benefit financially and personally.

4) That the Guardian video of a 'UFO landing' has, after analysis, proved inconclusive and likely is either a pick-up truck or (according to the RCMP investigation) a helicopter.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I too saw a programme that looked in-depth at this sighting and the evidence they showed pointed towards it being a helicopter. They applied many effects/layers to the footage and from what I can remember you could quite plainly make out the outline of a helicopter.

I can't for the life of me remember what the programme was, it may've been on a documentary called The UFO Files.

My brain don't work like it used to!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here is a excerpt of one of the "Canadian Department of National Defense" documents that Guardian sent researchers, printed in Saucer Smear:

"All information on ALIEN contact is being systematically released by the BROTHERHOOD. A group responsible for the founding of the New World, NORTH AMERICA. It is also known as the HOLY GRAIL. The GRAIL exists. From the ancient Middle East, to Europe, to Canada. This group protects the Blood of God. It has members in every level of modern Society. It's beliefs center around the secret knowledge of the creation of man, and the ongoing relations between the forces of heaven. The release of ALIEN information is in an effort to stop RED CHINA. China is preparing an all out nuclear, biochemical attack on the Soviet Union, Europe & North America. The attack will have millions dead in minutes, billions in months. If successful all major Judeo-Christian systems of belief would be wiped out within a year by COMMUNISM. Classified information in photo, videotape, autopsy reports, films is going to be leaked to the press over the next three years. Most of this information is on the CARP Ontario landings, Monuments-bases on the darkside of the moon, the phobos mars installations & the final origin of the ALIENS."

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Cool, I thought that this was a hoax but didn't have the info on hand.

I didn't know about the conspiracy about the People Republic of China and the Greys against Jews, lol...

Cheers.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by yizzel]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Looking at the film does anyone know what the symbol is with eye in the middle? unfortunately they don't show in great detail the documents that accompanied the tape.
[edit on 26-2-2009 by franspeakfree]

Yeah, thats a variation on the one in my avatar on the side there..

Means there's some kind of alien somewhere behind it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
I didn't know about the conspiracy about the People Republic of China and the Greys against Jews, lol...

Of course not. Those who promote this case often leave the part about the forgeries out. It is a rather dishonest tactic; by itself it makes the entire case and arguments for it suspect.

And I am sure, soon enough, we'll have someone crop up in here proclaiming this to be a genuine alien landings and any arguments against it are part of the government cover-up.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's a helicopter. The tail section is in the dark. The front is lit up.
The strobe light on top tells me it's definately a helicopter.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I have no earthly idea. We have been too busy plotting world domination to take time out to alert farmers of UFOs landing in their field.
But really the symbol is not 100% masonic which makes me think sombody tried to fake their way through it, but missed it by that much.(maxwell smart reference.) I could be wrong, but I doubt it. You know what they say, untill a fleet lands on the white house lawn.......

Keep searching. only 1 in a thousand might be the one, but we only need one.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
9 out of 10 posts here in the Aliens/UFO's forum go like this:

OP: Check out this video! Could it be PROOF!?? OMG!!!

Response: This video was posted and debunked long ago. Please use the search function.

OP: Oh, sorry guys, OH WELL. Enjoy! I thought it'd be cool to share. OH WELL! LOL, LOLR!! LOLZ!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Response: This video was posted and debunked long ago. Please use the search function.

OP: Oh, sorry guys, OH WELL. Enjoy! I thought it'd be cool to share. OH WELL! LOL, LOLR!! LOLZ!!!

Therefore, you should now know what not to read and carry on your business patrolling the site looking for threads to leave your witty replies to.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think it's a helicopter but it could be swamp gas

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I, like many here, saw a documentary on this case. When the video was looked at closely it was revealled to be a helicopter, and what's more, the people who lived in the area where this video was taken say that, at the time, a helicopter was see and heard flying low over the area.
If you ask me this was something to do with drug smuggling or the like and nothing whatsoever to do with little green men from Mars.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I miss the 90's
Sightings was the best show ever. Wonder what Tim White's up to these days?

This seems like a fun little prank, and from the looks of it; it is.

The symbol is a composite of the Mason's compass and the all seeing eye. In other words, an amateur did that.

Guardian and a fingerprint?

LOL why would you send a fingerprint if you want ro remain anonymous?

Even if it's not a helicopter, it's easily something else; a rave party in a blow up building perhaps?

Occams Razor guys

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I agree with tristar this is just an helicopter. The video itself is not very good in quality but what can be seen does not contain anything unusual at all. Also the documents could had been very easily forged. Anyways, I thank the OP for submitting this video.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Lòveless]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

OP: Oh, sorry guys, OH WELL. Enjoy! I thought it'd be cool to share. OH WELL! LOL, LOLR!! LOLZ LMAO!!!

Therefore, you should now know what not to read and carry on your business patrolling the site looking for threads to leave your witty replies to.

No offense fran, but how about using the search function? This video is almost decade's old. Even a little research goes a long way. Be a part of the solution instead of the problem. You'll be a lot better off in the end. Cheers.

LOL> LMAO!! LOLZ!!!

[edit on 27-2-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

No offense fran, but how about using the search function?

No offense NV, but you can use the ignore function - thereby not perpetuate the thread further by moving it back up.

Yes, I know sometimes it's frustrating seeing the same old stuff posted every 6 months or so, but hey some people with brain disorders might not know the difference and those who remember well like you, at least have the satisfaction that you don't have Alzheimer's yet.

Not saying the OP of this thread has a brain disorder - BTW. After all the search function isn't always perfect and there will always be folks who need guidance.

Just meant to say "Take a chill pill dude" knowing that at least every 6 months there will be somebody rehashing the same old crap telling us Obama's wasn't born in America etc.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's a helicopter...and yes, see above for more info on the whole "Guardian" mess...

Here's a link showing that a position light (strobe) is often located right where we see it in the video...

visual.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Its like a freak thunder cloud I saw once in Spain, I followed it in me car for quite a while it was moving quite slow. Quite awe inspiring.

Looked just like the one in the video.

Not saying it isn´t a UFO, maybe they use clouds to hide themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There was a documentary about this case in Unsolved Mysteries. This case was investigated by Graham Lightfoot and Bob Oechsler. Graham quickly suspected something was fishy about Oeschsler and asked him what he was trying to pull here, and Oechsler told him "what's wrong with trying to make a buck?"

You can read more about this hoax here:
www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have seen this footage before. Apparently it's a hoax. Some people came forward to the media and said it was a hoax and showed "the craft" they had made. Sorry to burst every ones bubble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join