It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Is it just me or are there more news reports about "gun rampages" and shootings these past few weeks? I have read more about shootings than the violence in Mexico. Are the media priming people for anti-gun movements? Something to ponder.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
You're free to see it however you want to see it, but the facts tell a different story

People are making lots of money on the "Obama Gun Scare," but from what I have seen, if he has any strong opinions on gun control at all (and I don't think he does, I think he sees it as a "culture war" distraction), they are very low on his "to do list."

Also, given that the Democratic leaders of both houses of Congress have already said they don't support bringing back the AWB (let alone the right's fantasy scenarios of widespread gun confiscation) I think the constant fearmongering is ridiculous.

However it serves two agendas: one: gun sellers are making a fortune despite the crappy economy, and two: the extremist right is using scare tactics to collect new recruits and get people primed for a campaign of violence & terrorism that will make Timothy McVeigh blanch.

You dont suppose the attorney general comments had anything to do with it.

And the democrats were just testing the waters IMO. They got beat up pretty good a few years back and the gun issue was a prime factor.

And the gun dealers are making money. wow like they are connected to a media conspiracy or something.

The left wing tested the waters and they were hot so now they are backing up. Trying to down play and damage do control.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
You're free to see it however you want to see it, but the facts tell a different story

People are making lots of money on the "Obama Gun Scare," but from what I have seen, if he has any strong opinions on gun control at all (and I don't think he does, I think he sees it as a "culture war" distraction), they are very low on his "to do list."

Also, given that the Democratic leaders of both houses of Congress have already said they don't support bringing back the AWB (let alone the right's fantasy scenarios of widespread gun confiscation) I think the constant fearmongering is ridiculous.

However it serves two agendas: one: gun sellers are making a fortune despite the crappy economy, and two: the extremist right is using scare tactics to collect new recruits and get people primed for a campaign of violence & terrorism that will make Timothy McVeigh blanch.

You keep saying that Obama has never said directly that he want's to ban assault rifles and that is not so. I tried to point that out earlier but you think that is the party platform and not Obama's feelings.

Here is an article from fox news where Obama Was addressing an audience at a church in Chicago and lets see what he said.

www.foxnews.com...

Obama told churchgoers at the Vernon Park Church of God on Chicago's South Side that too many young lives are being claimed by violence and more must be done to combat the problem. "From South Central L.A. to Newark, New Jersey, there's an epidemic of violence that's sickening the soul of this nation," the Illinois senator told the crowd. "The violence is unacceptable and it's got to stop.

"Nearly three dozen Chicago students have been killed this year, according to Chicago Public Schools. Obama said that figure is higher than the number of Illinois serviceman who've died in Iraq in 2007. "We need to express our collective anger through collective action," Obama said.

He said the government needs to permanently reinstate an assault weapons ban and close regulatory loopholes that protect unscrupulous gun dealers.

So he has said and he does mean it. He want's assault rifles off the street.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just saw this on some MSM sites and im not too thrilled. I just got my AR15 back in July. Good lawful citizens being punished for the few bad as usual. I am curious though, what is everyones plan when/if they come knocking for your weapon(s)?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Great point, very devious the choice of words there. So what is in it for us?

CX

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boosted90
I just saw this on some MSM sites and im not too thrilled. I just got my AR15 back in July. Good lawful citizens being punished for the few bad as usual. I am curious though, what is everyones plan when/if they come knocking for your weapon(s)?

This thread is three years old, has there been recent threats to take them away then?

CX.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Boosted90

This thread is three years old, has there been recent threats to take them away then?

CX.

One from august: tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

And september 4th: washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Lol this reminds me of a sign i saw the other day, at a shopping mall i believe. The sign stated something along the lines of "no firearms permitted on business premises". I had to laugh for a second, was their goal to get criminals to read the sign? While it doesn't pertain to assault weapons, the principal serves the same purpose.

"Aw man todd, look!" "What's wrong john?" "Well we can't freakin' rob this place, the sign says no guns allowed!"

Well that sucks, might as well go back to our car and go home..

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join