It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I have personally seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
At around 2am my sister began screaming absolute bloody murder. This woke me up instantly and i flew out of bed running towards her room. On my way to her room I could see my parents running into her room ahead of me (as their room was right across from theirs). My mother went and sat on the side of the bed in an attempt to console my sister who will still screaming hysterically (I honestly connot describe in words just how completly and totally bezerk she was, she was absolutely out of her mind). My father stood near the doorway in the inside of the room, i look in from the outside and I was a little freaked out by the whole scene.

She was screaming and pointing towards the door/corner of her room yelling "make it go away", "make it stop staring at me". My parents looked where she was pointing and saw nothing, and tried to tell her that there was nothing there. This had no effect as she kept screaming to make it go away, and that it was moving towards the door staring at her. My father went to where she was pointing and moved his hands around where she said it was but she continued to scream it was still moving. After approimately 40 seconds of this the thing had moved to the doorway and was peeking around starting at her (according to her). Now at this point it should have been in my line of sight but I also saw nothing. Eventually after about a solid 5 minutes of her screaming hysterically she began to calm down but not much. My mother stayed with her the whole night, iirc correctly she did not sleep a wink. After about 10 minutes from the start of the episode I went back to bed.

Around that same time I would wake up at exactly, to the minute, 2:34am (I'm pretty sure it was this time). I would wake up, laying on my right side, in the exact same position on the bed. I would not move a muscle, I would simply open my eyes. The clock was in my line of sight and was usually the very first thing I would look at. What was strange is I would wake up out of a deep sleep and be completly awake, not drousy one bit.

Now for about a month, this happened almost every single night. And there was something beside my bed I could never figure out what it was (just writing this is making my hair go up, even 20+ years later). It was a "ball" of light, green in color. It was very dim, but it was visible and I could see it. What was espically wierd is that it had no "center", nothing solid, no light source, but it was there. It would have been approx 2 feet from my head, between my bed and the closet. It would float up and down ever so slowly, very slowly, almost hypnotically, I couldn't take my eyes of it. It never moved besides up and down, it never got brighter or darker, it was just there, every single night.

For the first week I woke up I was absolutely terrified of this thing, I would ley there not moving a single muscle, just staring at it, waiting for it to do something. Eventually I would get tired again and just close my eyes and go back to sleep. When I would fall back asleep it would be random, sometimes I would be up well over an hour, others 20 minutes.

After about a week I felt slightly more comfortable around it, more unnerved then anything with the consitancy that this kept happening. Laying completly still I tried to yell for my parents, I would open my mouth but nothing would come out. I could not make a sound. This happened over and over, night after night, to the point where I just gave up trying.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Towards the end of it I became more comfortable with it being there, almost bored of it really. I began to question whether or not this thing was really in my room, if my eyes were playing tricks on me. One night I rolled over onto my left side. To my suprise I could see my sillouette on the white walls in a green light! This scraed me and confirmed this this was in my room. The walls were all white, there was nothing whatsoever in the room that was green let alone a light. I layed there, worried that I could not see this thing any more and I now had my back to it. I got up the courage to lift my right arm which lifted the blankets on me, the silouette in the way matched what I was doing and from the direction of the ball! I quickly rolled back over and started at it again and true to form it was still there, had not moved a bit.

Shortly after that I began to sleep through the night, I have never seen the ball again.

But during that time one wierd thing did happen. Around the middle of it I woke up and I could hear pitter patter, pitter patter, of something small running around. No like an animal though, not like something that walked on four legs, like some that moved on two legs with a short leg span, and it moved very quickly. Pitter patter pitter patter, very quickly, then stop, then again. I layed there listening, staring at the hallway where the noise was coming from, just starting and waiting to see soemthing, even a shadow of whatever was making this noise. As I layed there listening, I could begin to distinguish two or three of these things moving around, the noises began to overlap. Whatever it was was "intelligent", it sure as hell was not a machine/toy/animal. I just layed there, listening and watching, eventually I fell back asleep, the noises went the whole time. I never heard those noises again.

Also in that period of time I woke up one night and my eyes were glued completly shut. And I mean completly shut. I woke up, unable to open my eyes I started digging at the beads of whatever was across my eyelashes. I dig at it for 10 minutes and made no real headway so I yelled for my mother (it tooka few minutes, but I did eventaully get a noise out). She came in and lead me blind to the bathroom where I began try to clean this gunk off my eyes. It took me a solid 20 minutes to get this stuff off, it was honestly like strong glue. I have no idea what it was and it never happened again, my mother used to be head nurse and she said that she had never seen anythign like it.

Two or three years laters my sister saw a book in a store with an alien on the cover (communion or something like that). She swears up and down that is exactly what she saw in her room that night.

Just to be clear I never saw anything around that whole time, no ufos, no aliens, nothing. I wish I had, I wish I had gotten up the nerve to touch the ball, but I never did.

However the rest of my family all have better stories then me. My sister swears, along with her friend at the time, that they both saw the same thing on a different night. My parents have a crazy story from that night too, I think I was too young to remember.

Now I haven't thought about this in a long time but recently I was going through some stuff I drew when I was very young, and there was a whole ton of ufo drawings I did. Ufos with my family and aliens standing around. Dozens of them. Also I am a parent now and recentally my oldest son and youngest daughter both swear they have seen a "young boy" in the house. She was terrified to go down the hallway for quite a while becuase thats where she saw the "young boy".

I haven't really told this story before but I figured it's time I wrote it down. I'm not looking for anything but opinions here. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? This would have been roungly 25 years ago now.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well ..

I don't know what to think about what you've written here. It sounds like stuff that I would always fantasize about happening when I was a kid, you know, to spook myself out, even if unintentionally, and then i'd be up all night like an idiot.

First thing that I find odd is that your sister was seeing this being supposedly for up to 40 secs after you and your parents were present in the room with her, and none of you could see anything, or was it 40 mins? regardless, you even say your father moved to that location and moved his hands around. The reason I think this is weird is why can your sister see it, but no one else can see it? Just makes no sense, beyond a hallucination of hers, which is weak I know.

The second thing thats weird is you state you'd see this green light at around the same time on various nights, it would wake you up, and systematically did the same thing each time. This in itself would freak me out to the point of immediately going to get my parents, wake them up if need be. If i was in some form of paralysis, as soon as I recovered my movement ability I would go and tell them. I wouldnt, as you describe, get bored of it and roll over and go back to sleep. I wouldnt be able to fall asleep with a foreign presence like that, in fact, the first time I saw it would be the last time I ever slept in that room, even if it was my bedroom. When I was a very young child, I insisted my room was haunted until age 10 or so, and refused to sleep in it. I'd sleep on the floor in someone else's room, seriously, I refused to sleep in there, you couldnt lock me in there, id break the door down eventually, yes even at 10 years old. So i find this weird.

The third and final weird thing is, you describe an encounter with what you describe as miniature beings and then you claim to have gone back to sleep, while the sounds were still occurring. Who in their right mind could sleep while listening to ALIENS or GHOSTS in their HALLWAY outside of their bedroom DOOR? come on man .. it just smells like a fake story. Like you are remembering a childhood fantasy .. something you'd have nightmares about when you were younger. The supposed inability to move or speak sounds like sleep paralysis. At least, its listed as a symptom of that illness.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Young kids can have a very active imagination, not casting any insults to you or your sister, but when I was a child, about 9, I used to share a room with my twin.
He woke up screaming the house down one night, he swore blind that the drawn cars we had on our wallpaper were driving up and down the walls and that 'winners' champaigne bottles were popping their corks fountaining champers all over the room. He even 'saw' it when my Mum ran into the room to calm him down, and kept seeing it for about 2 mins, of course it had woke me up by then and I can outsleep the dead.

I never saw it but he stills swears by it today , and we're 38 now for Gawd's sakes...

[edit on 26/2/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It could be that your mind is playing tricks on you, somehow, between sleep and awake, the two zones combine. I can't truly express my opinion as it was your experience, but I have some mind trick wonder story too. Something I was unsure about when I was a kid.

When I was about 9-12 years old, there had come a time when I was ill. I slept in my living room with the windows open with fresh air coming in. I had woke up in the middle of the night. It was so quiet and I had cold sweat and then there would be this certain corner of the wall and ceiling that I would look at. The next thing I see is the blinds, the i stair my way up to the corner ceiling again. I hear these whispers, couldn't make out what they said, but the whispers would becomes instant shouts and then whispers again. It made me scared to what was going on, but I was between sleep and awake. I'd like to think this happened because I was ill, but it had happened again when I wasn't ill. The same thing of waking up in the middle of the night, staring at corners and blinds, whispers and shouts.

I still can't say if it was really in my head or was real.

There would be some nights I would wake up to choking, or in a paralized state, or a 6 pointer earthquake in my head, and once to a ghost staring at me.

All scary events that made me want to sleep elsewhere but, I had to sleep there no matter what.

So there is something between sleep and awake that just make these seems real and unreal at the same time.

Keep your children in comfort.
Hopefully it is nothing bad. Just some experience.

Take care.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jeebies

Hey jeebies,

I loved your story. Do you still have those pictures of what you drew as a kid? Could you post them on photobucket or something? Its up to you of course but I just was curious.

ttyl

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i dont think its imagination. perhaps whatever it was has the ability to be selectively visible to one person due to some sort of advanced technology/or ability to mess wiht people's brains? who knows? but the drawings you drew as a kid are interesting, because i think kids have heightened perceptions/senses, and kids dont lie.

new topics

top topics

join