It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Awesome Dying Experience in Dream**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share this Dying Expereince that I had in a dream a few years back.

Firstly, I have dreamt of myself dying at least 3 times that I can remember (plane crash, bus crash and this one i am about to describe),
but there was one in particular that was very weird because as I came out of it I had what I presume was some sort of wakening sleep paralysis.

(SO I START DREAMING - I AM PLAYING MYSELF IN THE DREAM AT THIS POINT)

Ok, So i was in a long line of people queuing up to get through a very large set of shiny steel doors which opened and close like Elevator doors (lift doors).

The doors would open, ONLY 1 person would go through, then they would close. then a few seconds later, it would let another through.

There were 2 doormen wearing black suites standing on each side of the doors ensuring only 1 person at a time would go.

so i advanced in the line until the person in front of me went through the doors, BUT I tried to go though after them without waiting my turn and the doors closed on me and crushed me. I could hear a crushing noise which was quite disturbing followed by a popping sound.

I then step back from the doors, stagger around for a couple of seconds and all of a sudden hundreds and hundreds of small plastic beads come flying out of my stomach, all different colours and they bounce around on the floor.

I then drop to the ground, DEAD.

(AT THIS POINT IT CHANGES TO ME WATCHING MY DEAD BODY FROM ABOUT 8FT ABOVE)

the people all gather around me in a circle just watching. THEN I feel an awesome sensation of peace, tranquility and complete love taking over myself. I knew I was dead and about to leave for an amazing experience elsewhere.

.........AT THIS point I awoke but could not move. I was in some sort of paralysis I think. I remember trying to move but couldnt, but I still had all those amazxing, beautiful feelings from the dream in my body. It felt amazing!!!

this lasted about 10 seconds then I snapped out of it and could move.

I felt strange afterwards, but also i felt changed in some way too. i felt like i found out in that dream that everything was going to be alright after i die.

1 ANNOYING THING!!!.........what was through those metal doors???!!!! i never saw, and still dont know to this day.

This dream was a few years ago when i really had no interest in this subject or websites such as this. i dont know where it came from or why it happened when it did.

it was amazing though and iver never had anything like it since.

maybe someone can give me ideas to what this means and also share somesimilar experiences of dying dreams etc...

thanks, G

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hi Hi -
Thanks for your post and sharing - it’s always interesting to *see* into other peoples heads/dreams.
Though I quit doing any dream interpretation quite a while ago I can share with you my dream experience and maybe it will get the ball rolling here in this great thread.

So, there I was in the dream having conversations with people around me, nothing startling, when someone arrived just out of my sight behind my right shoulder and started in the conversation.
Immediately all other people left, if not rudely, leaving this being/person.
“It’s time to go” was the thought projected into my head - I knew with instinct it meant leave the earth to join the afterlife in death.
I felt a sudden surge of fright that washed away as quickly as it came when this *being* took my hand.
We started to ascend forward and up (not straight up and this seems important to add) and in benign darkness.
No fear at this point, and as told myself, *Well, here we go* - the speed of accent increased to something like a Start Trek warp drive, again up and forward --- until I woke.
Since the dream I really know everything will *be alright* when death comes.
It’s just the dying part I hope isn’t horrid!

Good luck here at ATS and a belated Welcome!

peace

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've died twice in dreams. Both times were by gunshot and both times the experience was extremely similar.

As soon as I was shot (one dream at point blank range to the head in an elevator with a pistol, the other dream multiple times by an apache helicopter's mini-gun) my perspective instantly turned from what I saw with my eyes to a detached version.

It was like my soul/consciousness was in my body, but now I was "unplugged" from the body, just resting inside of it looking, not through the eyes, but just in the same direction because that is where I had last been looking. There was a great feeling of release from so many unneeded burdens of physical life.

I think the most notable parts of these dreams was when I awoke. It was different then the usual fade to awake. It was like my consciousness was navigating itself back from the dream world and finding my body again since it thought it had lost it.

I like to entertain the idea of genetic memory and the collective unconscious. I think we already know what death is like.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Couldn't tell you what the dream means, but the paralysis is normal. Your brain produces a chemical during REM sleep that stops your muscles. Any time you toss and turn at night is either in between REM cycles, or you aren't entering them. Hence, an unrestful sleep. If you snapped out of your dream during an REM cycle, *very rare, but can happen* then you were probably still paralyzed by this chemical. Of course, it wears off quickly.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share this Dying Expereince that I had in a dream a few years back.

Firstly, I have dreamt of myself dying at least 3 times that I can remember (plane crash, bus crash and this one i am about to describe),
but there was one in particular that was very weird because as I came out of it I had what I presume was some sort of wakening sleep paralysis.

(SO I START DREAMING - I AM PLAYING MYSELF IN THE DREAM AT THIS POINT)

Ok, So i was in a long line of people queuing up to get through a very large set of shiny steel doors which opened and close like Elevator doors (lift doors).

The doors would open, ONLY 1 person would go through, then they would close. then a few seconds later, it would let another through.

There were 2 doormen wearing black suites standing on each side of the doors ensuring only 1 person at a time would go.

so i advanced in the line until the person in front of me went through the doors, BUT I tried to go though after them without waiting my turn and the doors closed on me and crushed me. I could hear a crushing noise which was quite disturbing followed by a popping sound.

I then step back from the doors, stagger around for a couple of seconds and all of a sudden hundreds and hundreds of small plastic beads come flying out of my stomach, all different colours and they bounce around on the floor.

I then drop to the ground, DEAD.

(AT THIS POINT IT CHANGES TO ME WATCHING MY DEAD BODY FROM ABOUT 8FT ABOVE)

the people all gather around me in a circle just watching. THEN I feel an awesome sensation of peace, tranquility and complete love taking over myself. I knew I was dead and about to leave for an amazing experience elsewhere.

.........AT THIS point I awoke but could not move. I was in some sort of paralysis I think. I remember trying to move but couldnt, but I still had all those amazxing, beautiful feelings from the dream in my body. It felt amazing!!!

this lasted about 10 seconds then I snapped out of it and could move.

I felt strange afterwards, but also i felt changed in some way too. i felt like i found out in that dream that everything was going to be alright after i die.

1 ANNOYING THING!!!.........what was through those metal doors???!!!! i never saw, and still dont know to this day.

This dream was a few years ago when i really had no interest in this subject or websites such as this. i dont know where it came from or why it happened when it did.

it was amazing though and iver never had anything like it since.

maybe someone can give me ideas to what this means and also share somesimilar experiences of dying dreams etc...

thanks, G

I am guessing that the colored plastic beads represent your DNA...
Doors could be leading to an elevator that goes UP/DOWN and those guys didnt stop you because you still had free will. And if you ever get on that elevator in a dream, I have a feeling that we wont be getting any more posts from you again.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
hehe...rangersdad, very funny!! yes, i always watch my step going into elevators!

thanks for the comments, its so interesting to read other peoples experiences as well. my god reddupo, you die in style! apache mini gun. thats a cool way to go brother!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've never died in a dream, but I should have. Had one when I was about six where I was shot through my left eye; I figured out it was a dream when all that happened was partial blindness. Dreams can be so strange, can't they? Just last night I had one where I went on a coc aine-fueled neck-breaking spree through a hotel, yet on the night before I had dreamed of hunting down a coked-up serial killer. Labyrinths and mesas, seas and streams; I do believe that I prefer the instability of dreams to the mundane nature of life.
I meant to have a more meaningful post, but I realized upon starting that I have more than twenty dreams worth posting, and that I do need to get up early tomorrow; perhaps I'll post one on another night.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi there guys, another habitual dream dier here...

I have karked it about quite a few times in my dreams and it always revolves around aircraft.

Funny thing, I love flying and I have never been afraid whilst doing it.

Most of the time in these dreams I am hit by wreckage from an exploding plane. Once I was in a building in a city that fell into the sea, that was weird!

I've been shot, stabbed and driven off of a bridge also.

My subconscious is so much fun, better than... Ooops, we aren't alloweed to talk about that...

You know what I mean anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Try this dream analysis: Every person in your dream is yourself. All the guys that watched your death are different parts of yourself. They watched some other part of you dying.

Even the people in the queue that went through the elevator were parts of yourself. Perhaps there was a process of growing you were going through, but some part of you resisted or tried to ascend too fast. Or you have not obeyed the rules at some point of your process of development... Does this sound familiar?

The beds seem to suggest a sexually coloured disappointment...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Not sure if I would describe dying as "awsome"... however

I had a dream around the time of the Mumbai attacks, it absolutely terrified me. I cant really remember too much about it except the last few minutes.

A group of people were searching for someone, I was in a type of barracks lying in a cot type bed, when this group burst into the room and held guns to everyones head. The leader of this group made some sort of speech to the group claiming to be from such and such a group and they were hunting for someone and if he came forward noone would be hurt. After a while out of the corner of my eye, I see someone stand up saying they were who the group were looking for, and there was no need for anyone to get hurt. At this point the leader says "I said noone would be hurt, however I lied."

I hear a gun being cocked and feel it against the back of my head. Then there is a loud gunshot, but the sound seems to cut off before it starts...

At this point I jump out of my dream, but can not open my eyes or even move a muscle. I thought I had died in my sleep!!! I estimate I lay there awake for 6 or 7 minutes before I could move, and when I eventually was able to open my eyes, I was shaking like a leaf. I will admit that the dream shook me to my core. I have never had a dream like it before or since, and for that I am thankful.

TAM.

ps: unrelated but this is my 1st ATS post!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Huh. You all have interesting ways of dying when you died in dreams.

I just had a heart attack. But it was EXTREMELY vivid. I could feel my chest aching, my vision going black, and sounds getting dull. I knew I was dying and that I was having a heart attack, but I didn't want to die so I was just barely hanging onto life by sheer force of will until I finally woke up. So I guess I didn't really die, but I know I would have if I hadn't fought with every fiber of my being.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow interesting. I myself had one really disturbing dream about dying. I was working as a retail manager at the time and we had a box crusher in the back of the parking lot outside our door. Well one night I dreamt I fell in. I was stuck and couldnt get out. The boxes were in my way and the compressor was coming down on me. I was like wow Im going to die like this. I remember very well in the dream bracing myself for the pain and the fact I was going to die. I remember being crushed and then I guess when I was supposedly dead I woke up. I woke in tears and was freaked out. I remember for like a week refusing to go near that thing. I actually found trash compactor in a dream dictionary and it said something about letting go and moving on. It was weird because at that point in my life I was doing just that.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
wow, its interesting other people have crushing deaths too! also, jimmyblonde, you freaked me out a bit because when i read your post 2 dreams came back to my mind as i read it!

1 of them i actually died the same way!! aircraft crash and i was on the ground being struck by the parts. i also had another where the parts were flying past me and i survived by hiding behind a tree!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If i had a dream like that i wouldn't be able to go in elevators.

In the dream were you able to control your actions?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
no, i could not control it at all.

it was several years ago and remains very clear in my head to this day. although the doors were similar to elevator, it was not an elevator. i dont know what it was leading to. maybe i will find out someday!!!

maybe i should go to sleep conscioussly thinking of this dream and maybe i can see through them doors!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Very cool dream. I have died twice in dreams.

Once, I was cut in half in a car accident and had that out of body observing the dead body experience.

My own analysis of that dream was that I was having a hard time deciding on a path to follow in life, and I was torn in two over it.

The second time, I was dying in a plane crash and "God" ( I am not an adherent to any particular faith and so it was just a Divinity something I knew to be Divine) was talking to me. (but not like real language, more like telepathy or something similar) in that dream just before I died God told me that "everyone has to die, just do it well" and I sort of let go as I was dying (trusted the process trying to do it well) and then I merged into God. I was part of everything that is, but not any particular part.

Obviously, I dont know if thats what is on the other side of any doors, but I also had an overwhelming dose of that blissful loving feeling that lasted a long time.

That second dream changed my life, in many ways. I think dying dreams can do that. Even if it is only a dream death, you wake up sort of a different person as if you were really reborn.

Great dreams everyone. I look forward to reading more.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by x TAM x

Gratz on the first post.

And it sounds like waking up in the middle of your dream left you locked in sleep paralysis.

Did you ever try to figure out what the guy promising not to kill everyone and then lying meant to you? That really sounds like a psychological dream. Your subconscious trying to tell you something.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
thanks Illusionsaregrander

very cool to hear similar stuff!! it certainly does change you with this kind of experience for sure.

i try and remember my experience as much as i can. it makes me happy inside!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Na, To be honest I have always thought it was only my subconscious processing the Mumbai attacks. The news reports were says how the terrorists were moving round the hotel asking for Brits and Americans. I just thought my dream was putting me in that situation to mess with me(thanks brain)

new topics

join