It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miles of Idled Boxcars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thought this looked interesting. Any thoughts on whether the railcars prove there's a conspiracy, or whether they prove the contrary?

NEW CASTLE, Ind. -- Folks here figured the mile-long stretch of a hundred-plus yellow rail cars, which divides this small town like a graffiti-covered wall, would leave soon after it arrived.

That was a year ago.

"They stayed and they stayed and they stayed," says Bruce Atkinson, a local resident. "Then more moved in.".......

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Full article
www.Wall Street Journal

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Perhaps it just signifies a downturn in our economy. Where does one store railcars that are left idle?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'd heard the ideas about human cargo, but this article seems to disprove that theory.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well, the picture the WSJ displayed in the article showed Triple-decker automobile cars. What with GM and Chrysler taking HUGE hits and Ford slowing down production, less AutoMax cars are on the tracks these days. Got to put them somewhere and yards are filling up quick.

[sarcasm] Of course, being identified in other threads as FEMA prisoner railcars, they could be lining them up to fill with those pesky Indianans! But hey, who doesn't like a train ride?[/sarcasm]

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This has been going on for at least four years on Hwy. 82 West after you pass about 100 miles west of Waycross, Ga.. It stretches about 14 miles. There are various types of rail cars and they stop at intersections through the small towns and resume after you get just outside the city.

I travel that way often and each time I think of the waste of material and wonder how the rail company can afford this.

Strange.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
If you think thats bad,should go down to the harbor area,there is more cars sitting on the docks then you could shake a stick at,just a sign of the times I'm afraid

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well with the way things are going, maybe the rail companies can rent them out as cheap condo's.

The good thing is that you could move north in the summer and south in the winter, with out have to move your little bit of stuff you have left!

If you get one a the car stackers, you could still bring your old Chevy with you.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

top topics

join