It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aahh the little good things in life....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
sometimes we take this life we have for granted and overlook all the little good things that happen or that we do. After my early morning duty of being taxi to an assorted bunch of kids, standing in my garden, watering my plants in the sunshine with a cup of coffee in one hand...is a small blessing. I enjoy those moments tremendously and never really took the time to see how relaxing and good it was for me.

now sitting at my pc, doing what i do, after my ritual friday house cleaning...i feel good to look around my house and see it clean....and in this relaxing moment i again can appreciate the little things...like fresh flowers on my dresser and the windows open and the smell of gardenias coming from my yard.

aah life is good....even if it is just for brief moments at a time.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hear ya WW, I love watering my plants, taking them outside on warm days so they can soak up the sun...

I treat them like my kids (if I had em). So i'll just say dog.

I too love looking at a clean house, and enjoying it before it gets messed up again...

I love my blender and testing my creation after..It's nice to sit outside and drink a fruity smoothie under the sun, and watch your dog run around in the yard...

The little things are the most precious moments in life.
Soak em up..

Also, for some relaxation and I mean REAL relaxation..
i'd go to amazon and get rodney yee's dvd on meditation, breathing, and relaxation.. It really adds a calming effect on yourself throughout the day.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You have no idea what a big thing quiet is until you have kids. No one home, tv off, peace. It a little thing but it's really HUGE.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I got a taste of it when we got a puppy, he would whine for the first two weeks because he was in a crate.
He had his toys that would smell like his sisters and brothers, but he would whine because I think he was alone.
We could not sleep, I kept thinkin, if babies are like this, I bet it's worse, so i'm never having kids...

The first two months were hard, I barely slept, I had to watch him all the time so he wouldn't chew stuff, and pee on things...

He's almost perfect now, but the first days were hell!!
I got no sleep, and I need my sleep, or I get pretty pissy.

new topics

top topics

join