It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an Extraterrestrial Artifact!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
So to recap...

This Camera is a 8.2 MP Fujifilm FinePix J10 as noted by spacedoubt and all exif data (which also notes, out of focus and blur warning noted by InfaRedMan)
This is an amazing camera, capable of taking stunning pictures.
Just look at examples at the bottom of the review page. If one can turn on this camera, he/she can take amazing pictures with it.
www.digitalcamerareview.com...

Lombardy Inn and RFBurns clearly shows the artifact compared to a Capacitor, of the same size, all the same folds, shapes , lines, even the same directions on the terminals.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Finally the internal parts of the artifact
zerotensor's pic shows clearly what he lables, and bluemooone2 shows each of the noted parts.

This is an outstanding amount of evidence, that this is a clever hoax.

Please mark the post as so.

*Edit for spelling*

[edit on 2/26/09 by Cyprex]

Thank you very much for this. I was going to derive a post with all of the information collected to conclude this as a hoax, But you have taken care of that .

Now lets get theis off of the front page please..lol

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That thing looks like a piece of electronics I found after I broke open a Furbee some rando college girl thought would be cute to leave on my futon.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by tsloan]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by djdave2010

Originally posted by elevatedone
What dissapointing replies from some of you.

I guess being civil and polite has gone out the window.

From this point on, any uncivil, off topic or ridiculing posts will be removed and user warned.

I agree, but after a few years of lurking here, don't even the moderators get sick of people using ATS as their personal joke forum? I have not commented until now, have no expertise in anything but music, and I thought HOAX from his first post. I want proof, evidence, etc, but not at the expense of some kid messing with people who believe, and who take this seriously.

Being polite is important, but the OP should be banned for this obvious hoax, which happens alot more than I am sure the moderators here would like or maybe even have time for with all the traffic this site gets.

Totally agree, politely ban this hoaxer.
ps. I notice RussianScientists posts have all been edited into obscurity. Seems strange for someone that was so happy to accept the OP's claims.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sadly we have another story where the main goal was to further peoples interest in the paranormal and occult but the product is quite different.

Stories like this are actually counter-productive to the posters real desires, what he/she and many others are actually inadvertantly doing is fueling the growth of people's distrust and disdain for each other's true experiences.

Most of the time these are relatively young posters(nothing wrong with that) but the problem now is that ATS is playing host to a lot of kids competing to fabricate the best story.

You may very well have had this experience, however you lack rationale and logic in certain things that are quite easy to see. For instance, this "artifact" that we're all taking about came off one of the "machines" correct ?
Did you not also say these "machines" divided and amalgamated freely ? - would that not suggest some sort of nanotech/nanobot quality ? - that would mean that you literally stole some of these bots, do you think they wouldnt know you did that ? You said yourself they could read your thoughts...

just a quick observation..

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I gotta say, all the calls to ban this member mean nothing. You, as a regular member can call for banning until you're blue in the face and it won't happen like that because the regular membership don't make any sort of "committee" in the banning process. The issue is discussed behind the scenes until the decision is made and, I can say from Mod experience that the membership calls are not taken into consideration.

So, my point is, all the posts calling for "Banning" are as much of a waste of bandwidth as the suspected thread containing a "hoax".

My personal view is that it's an optical drive from a scrap computer. I don't wonder if it's a hoax, I wonder how ignorant and short sighted this member, qconspiracy, thinks the membership of ATS really is. I never thought for a second that it wasn't terrestrial in origin, but, I loved his short story describing how it happened. It was entertaining.

My $.02
Cuhail

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail I loved his short story describing how it happened. It was entertaining.

I expect most of us are not here for entertainment...

[edit on 26-2-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This was just an opportunity to sharpen our claws.
Ats has the ability to comb through things with a fine tooth comb and come to a reasonable conclusion of hoax or we can come to the conclusion that what the person was saying and showing is real and verify it.
This was just a claw sharpening excercise.
Was kinda fun,no harm done.
I enjoyed watching you guys tear this claim to shreds.
We shouldn't be mad that we found a hoaxer,we should be happy we are smart enough to know better.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

You can "expect" anything you like. It still doesn't make your call for banning any more heard. You are here for your own reasons and every other member shares that commonality. I find a lot of things amusing about ATS. I find a lot of things aggravating as well. In the end, it's what we take from our research here that matters to ourselves, not what someone else takes from it.
If a member perpetrates a hoax for the kicks of it, he gets his wish when the membership reacts with scorn and ridicule and the inevitable call for "Banning!". If the membership could control it's impulse to react in such a way, most hoax attempters would find themselves bored with the process.
In that same token, if a hoaxer was allowed to present his whole game, in full, his mistakes become more and more transparent.

Let a hoaxer take all the rope he needs and he will eventually hang himself.

I'm hardly new to ATS and its nuances.

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Isn't posting fraudulant material against the T&C? I read what the mod put up about the grey area being a place for personal disclosure but this isn't personal disclosure this is a personal fraud. I don't agree the member should be banned but warned never the less.

Stories or fabrications are supposed to be located in the rats forum.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by TNT13]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Typical laser diode. They don't all look like this. Every model has different construction. but they all work the same.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by projectvxn]

Here's another form of laser diode construction:

Oh man. Ok your first pic is in fact a laser diode. However....and sorry to burst more bubbles here, but your second pic is NOT a laser diode, that is part of a VHS video head assembly. Yours has the tiny head elements and wires removed. But here is one with everything intact.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f70cc323dc27.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNT13
reply to post by Cuhail

Isn't posting fraudulant material against the T&C?

Yessiree bob!

I read what the mod put up about the grey area being a place for personal disclosure but this isn't personal disclosure this is a personal fraud.

Do you not trust the Mod who posted it to know what he's refering to?

I don't agree the member should be banned but warned never the less.

Hardly our call though.

Stories or fabrications are supposed to be located in the rats forum.

You sure about that? Is that what RATS is for? I disagree. The Gray Area is what that's for. RATS is to talk about things that don't belong in the regular forums accessable by everyone.

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Right on RATS is NOT about anything which would have to do with fraud or hoaxes. It is a safe haven for threads which are not subject to public display without membership.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The problem with these kinds of things is that people do want to believe. It becomes a problem when people lose reason, logic and morals of today because of belief.

The only tactic that works is curiosity, belief and a firm attitude to not want to be hoaxed. In a nutshell, at least.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

(I meant to say Skunk Works not Rats)

Any forum other then the skunk forum is for truthful posting, regardless if you think this should be here or not like I said this isn't a personal testimonial this is a personal fraud. Also it says clearly in the T & C for the first fraudulant post, your supposed to be warned; so yes it is our call because we would get the same treatment for being a liar.

If skunk isn't for fraudulant posting why are there so many fabrications and lies in it's threads?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I can see this being a possible contender for Worst Hoax of the Year, but we got plenty of time to go, eh guys?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

Well, you go right ahead and hit your BanHammer then, sir. U2U the Forum Moderator and tell him you have decided to Ban this member. Like I said, you can suggest it until you are blue in the face, but, it won't matter. The end result lies elsewhere.

As far as RATS? Go tell some lies there and see how it works out because you're wrong about that. The fact of the matter is it's against T&C to post fraudulent material ANYWHERE in ATS. RATS included.

My point, fellow member, is that there is no point in calling for a ban of any member by a regular member. If you have the means to prove the material is false, by all means, post that. That's productive posting. But members repeatedly calling for a banning is a waste of reading time and bandwidth.

Calm logic takes the lead.
Cuhail

(edit due to seeing SW instead of RATS) Skunk Works is also not for telling lies. It's for the hard to swallow stories that pop up all the time. If a member posts fraudulent material in Skunk Works, it's handled just the same as anywhere else on ATS.

[edit on 2/26/2009 by Cuhail]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join