It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy: Air Force Head says UFOs possibly ET craft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by SLAYER69

This former Canadian Defence Minister, Paul Hellyer, has said that he in fact has NO official information from the Canadian Government about his claims, and those claims are simply his personal opinions.

And that's good enough for me.
Besides what do you want?
A signed statement from the President of the US?

I want some evidence to back up his opinion, or else that opinion is only just as valid as the guy who lives down the street from me. That fact that he is a former Defence Minister is NOT evidence in of itself.

Paul Hellyer himself said that he has no additional evidence or "inside information" other that what's already publically known. The only difference between Hellyer and anyone else withou evidence is that Hellyer used to be a government official.

In fact, come to think of it, wouldn't he have had access to additional information if it actually existed? And if so, why would he say otherwise...I mean, if he is ACTUALLY spilling government secrets, wouldn't he actually say something new about UFOs?

I'm not calling the guy a quack or anything -- in fact he seems like a sincere man, and I fully support his having an opinion on the matter, just like I support you having an opinion. But my point is that Hellyer's belief in UFOs is NOT in itself addtitional evidence, just because of what he used to do for a living. Without any new evidence, what he says should be treated just like what any other private citizen might say.

Edit: grammar

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
You need to calm down. You are over-reacting to jokes and phantoms.
Show to me where you clarified you were joking. I see one of my favourite posters claiming to be used to lol at another one of my favourite posters. There's nothing else to add, so since you were joking lets take it as a joke, but one should SAY that he's joking. Where did you say it?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Can we please focus on the topic and NOT each other.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So, I will ask again: Does anyone know in what context this statement was given?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So, I will ask again: Does anyone know in what context this statement was given?

It came together with a news talking about three sightings reported in Italy on 2008, three unexlained ones: Terrasini, Riccione and Riccione again: these threee sighting couldn't be explained, rule out everything: birds, blimps, airplanes, satellites, etc. AND it is higly probable that something was tracked by italian air force radar. I've tracked down the news, notizie.virgilio.it... but i'm not sure this is the first hand one. And sorry for before, i'm a little nervous in these days, please accept my apologies.
The guy, Roberto Di Giorgio, is the commander in chief of the italian air force secret services, but i would say that his statement is a personal claim, not some official statement. Basically he expressed his view: letìs say that it's better than nothing

Edit to add: found the original news: ADNKRONOS
www.adnkronos.com...

[edit on 2/3/2009 by internos]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
It came together with a news talking about three sightings reported in Italy on 2008, three unexlained ones...

That is all well and fine, Internos...but that is just the background, not the context of the statement. (caveat: I could be wrong; my Italian is faulty, and by my Italian I mean Google's translation service).

By context, I mean when General Di Giorgio made his statement, was it at a press-conference or was it in a report? Was he asked a question to prompt him to mention extraterrestrials or did he do it without prompting? If he did it without prompting, it would be a much more powerful statement than just a throw-away answer to a throw-away question.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

...The guy, Roberto Di Giorgio, is the commander in chief of the italian air force secret services, but i would say that his statement is a personal claim, not some official statement. Basically he expressed his view: letìs say that it's better than nothing

If this is actually, as you indicate, just a personal claim, then just like Paul Hellyer's personal claim it's really not that meaningful beyond "another person claims he/she believes UFOs are potentially controlled by ETs".

There are many young people in the world who have a belief in ET-controlled UFOs, and that's fine. That's their preroggative to believe that. Some of those people will eventually become government officials and and Air force commanders and such. And when they do, they will take that belief in ET-controlled UFOs with them into their official government and military positions.

That doesn't necessarily mean that their position within the government or military gave them any additional "inside knowledge" of UFOs. If a person who believes in ET UFOs becomes an Air Force commander and starts discussing his beliefs, then that isn't any different than if a person who believes in ET UFOs becomes an insurance salesman and starts discussing his beliefs.

I don't know anything about Roberto Di Giorgio, but I wouldn't be surprised if he believed in ET-controlled UFOs even before he joined the military. If so, then he's just another guy talking about his personal opinion, just like you and me.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

[We are nothing...no wait: LESS than nothing in the universe

Is that a hint of Cosmicism I see creeping in there?

It is called INTELLIGENCE, or KNOWLEDGE or AWARENESS or whatever you want.

Without us here to observe it, the universe is nothing. Ask anyone who has never been born.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I don't know anything about Roberto Di Giorgio, but I wouldn't be surprised if he believed in ET-controlled UFOs even before he joined the military. If so, then he's just another guy talking about his personal opinion, just like you and me.

He likely KNOWS what is going on. This guy is very difficult to handle, i would compare him to Robert Gates, with the difference that Robert Gates controls CIA, while Roberto di Giorgio controls something of VERY smaller
Let's say that in Italy we got at least THREE sightings that no one, including air force, has been able to explain: and in italy we have the same technology that you have in the united states:so basically all that we have is three UFO sightings that NO ONE was able to explain. This is all that we have.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
These statements from governments are great imo, and should do well to progress study of ufos. Right now, it's terribly nebulous in regards to wether something is "ours" (i.e. a terran government's aircraft), or not. Too many sightings now get blown off with a haphazard "Oh, that's clearly a military craft," as an easy-out of debunking. Even if the sighting was clearly something not within our reach (massive craft hovering silently, and then taking off at inredibly speeds for example).

The more governments admit that they cannot explain many sightings, the better it will be.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by internosHe likely KNOWS what is going on. This guy is very difficult to handle, i would compare him to Robert Gates, with the difference that Robert Gates controls CIA, while Roberto di Giorgio controls something of VERY smaller
Let's say that in Italy we got at least THREE sightings that no one, including air force, has been able to explain: and in italy we have the same technology that you have in the united states:so basically all that we have is three UFO sightings that NO ONE was able to explain. This is all that we have.

Since I can't read Italian, I must defer to the quote in the OP's article in which General Di Giorgio says:

‘We cannot rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence (in relation to these sightings)’ although noted also that ‘We cannot prove that ETs are behind these sightings’.

Forgive me, but I don't see how that adds up to him "knowing what's going on".

He clearly says that he has no proof of ETs, so that would make me think that when he says We cannot rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence he is simply voicing an opinion based on speculation only -- which is fine; people can speculate.

However, if all of the information about a given UFO sighting is handed out to the public, then the public knows as much as the military knows. So if the public can't prove that these UFOs are ET controlled, then what makes you think that General Di Giorgio knows what's going on, considering that he is using the same information the public has?

This goes back to what I posted way upthread when I asked how is this Italian "alledged disclosure" any different than the conclusion of the U.S. government's Project Blue Book that said 700 sightings investigated by the U.S. militray were officially "unexplained".

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Since I can't read Italian, I must defer to the quote in the OP's article in which General Di Giorgio says:

‘We cannot rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence (in relation to these sightings)’ although noted also that ‘We cannot prove that ETs are behind these sightings’.

Forgive me, but I don't see how that adds up to him "knowing what's going on".

He clearly says that he has no proof of ETs, so that would make me think that when he says We cannot rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence he is simply voicing an opinion based on speculation only -- which is fine; people can speculate.

However, if all of the information about a given UFO sighting is handed out to the public, then the public knows as much as the military knows. So if the public can't prove that these UFOs are ET controlled, then what makes you think that General Di Giorgio knows what's going on, considering that he is using the same information the public has?

This goes back to what I posted way upthread when I asked how is this Italian "alledged disclosure" any different than the conclusion of the U.S. government's Project Blue Book that said 700 sightings investigated by the U.S. militray were officially "unexplained".

But it's not his statement that makes me to believe that he knows what it's going on
Or are we really supposed to need some chief of secret service claims, in order to know that some UFOs may be controlled by some extraterrestrial form of life? Is there someone able to really rule it out, and prove it? The guy, is one of those who while talk to you have a smile continuously depicted in their face, and the feeling that you have whenever you see him is that he's hiding something and that he's even having some fun in doing that. I honestly don't care what italian air force released, releases and will release: as you perfectly pointed out there are many similarities between the inconclusive project blue book and the inconclusive work being done italian air force: maybe italian air force is even more hardcore debunking UFOs sightings: all i know about the sighting that took place in Terrasini is that it was shiny sphere, hovering at an approximate altitude of 200 meters, and italian air force considered it a to be a treat to the air traffic, which is the condition needed in order to investigate it: it was not a blimp nor a weather balloon nor a chinese lantern nor anything that would come to mind in order to explain it in some prosaic way. To be honest, i would have preferred to take a look at it personally: what someone calls "sphere" may be not a sphere, it could have been even something like the biological flames spotted in Parma on August 2007, but since i didn't see it, i definately have no clue what really it was.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to light.

I believe there will be more comments like this from the Military in the not to distant future.

It seems to be more common these days as the UFO subject becomes more of an everyday thing to chat about and not so much a skeleton in the cupboard subject

Gordon Cooper, Buzz Aldrin and Ed Mitchell all put thier 2 cents worth in about this and no doubt we will hear more disclosures.

I wonder who will spill a few beans next?

S&F

Gday Slayer!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
These statements from governments are great imo, and should do well to progress study of ufos. Right now, it's terribly nebulous in regards to wether something is "ours" (i.e. a terran government's aircraft), or not. Too many sightings now get blown off with a haphazard "Oh, that's clearly a military craft," as an easy-out of debunking. Even if the sighting was clearly something not within our reach (massive craft hovering silently, and then taking off at inredibly speeds for example).

The more governments admit that they cannot explain many sightings, the better it will be.

I agree! but there is no way of being 100% that all sightings are ours or thiers?

I believe some of those unidentified craft are ours, not all just a few.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The guy, Roberto Di Giorgio, is the commander in chief of the italian air force secret services, but i would say that his statement is a personal claim, not some official statement.

It seems that there are a helluva lot of people like Roberto Di Giorgio; making such 'personal claims' in regards to the UFO phenomenon, and the fact that you cannot rule out an 'ET' explanation.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

But it's not his statement that makes me to believe that he knows what it's going on...The guy, is one of those who while talk to you have a smile continuously depicted in their face, and the feeling that you have whenever you see him is that he's hiding something and that he's even having some fun in doing that.

But that is speculation, Internos. We have no evidence he is hiding something from us (aside from the usual skullduggery of his trade).

all i know about the sighting that took place in Terrasini is that it was shiny sphere, hovering at an approximate altitude of 200 meters...it was not a blimp nor a weather balloon nor a chinese lantern nor anything that would come to mind in order to explain it in some prosaic way.

What about an unmanned drone?

...it could have been even something like the biological flames spotted in Parma on August 2007...

A fire vampire?

As a person aside and speculation -- I think if there is an extraterrestrial presence on the planet, no one has a clue what is going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
It seems that there are a helluva lot of people like Roberto Di Giorgio; making such 'personal claims' in regards to the UFO phenomenon, and the fact that you cannot rule out an 'ET' explanation.

If we were to base what we believe on the personal beliefs of our officials and authorities, we would believe a lot of silly things.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

It came together with a news talking about three sightings reported in Italy on 2008, three unexlained ones...

That is all well and fine, Internos...but that is just the background, not the context of the statement. (caveat: I could be wrong; my Italian is faulty, and by my Italian I mean Google's translation service).

By context, I mean when General Di Giorgio made his statement, was it at a press-conference or was it in a report? Was he asked a question to prompt him to mention extraterrestrials or did he do it without prompting? If he did it without prompting, it would be a much more powerful statement than just a throw-away answer to a throw-away question.

If you are a member in a Service/Military it does not matter if you make a statement in your employed position or in the media as the consequences are the same?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Gordon Cooper, Buzz Aldrin and Ed Mitchell all put thier 2 cents worth in about this and no doubt we will hear more disclosures.

I don't know about the other two, but here is an interesting bit about Buzz Aldrin's UFO sighting...

To get the story straight, I called Buzz Aldrin, who was happy to explain what happened. He said that his remarks were taken out of context to reverse his meaning. It is true that the Apollo 11 crew spotted an unidentified object moving with the spacecraft as they approached the Moon. After they verified that this mystery object was not Apollo 11’s large rocket upper stage, which was about 6,000 miles away by then, they concluded that they were seeing one of the small panels that had linked the spacecraft to the upper stage (any part of the spacecraft’s rocket upper stage will continue to move alongside the spacecraft, as both are floating in free-fall). These panels were too small to track from Earth and were relatively close to the Apollo spacecraft. Aldrin told me that they chose not to discuss this on the open communications channel since they were concerned that their comments might be misinterpreted. His entire explanation about identifying the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, giving the impression that the Apollo 11 crew had seen a UFO. Aldrin told me that he was angry about the deceptive editing and asked the Science Channel to correct the intentional twisting of his remarks, but they refused. Later, Aldrin explained what happened on CNN’s Larry King Live (left, bottom) but was nearly cut off by the host before he could finish.
SOURCE

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

If we were to base what we believe on the personal beliefs of our officials and authorities, we would believe a lot of silly things.

A good point!

But if you are whistle blower that means your bull #ting?

Personel beliefs come from first hand experience, and the more these guys come to the party the better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join