It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy: Air Force Head says UFOs possibly ET craft

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
--.com...

Italy: Air Force Head says UFOs possibly ET craft
25-2-2009

Italy: Air Force Head concedes UFOs possibly ET craft

Roberto Di Giorgio, head of general security for the Italian Air force commented to Italian media outlets that all 38 cases recorded by the Air Force are ones that have no immediate explanation. He stressed ‘We cannot rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence (in relation to these sightings)’ although noted also that ‘We cannot prove that ETs are behind these sightings’.
here's another of those concessions. At least they are more forthcoming than before; I just hope this is a trend building up to Obama opening up the motherlode.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Apparently another incident occurred in italy a week ago involving bizzare angel hair being dropped from a UFO.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A rather misleading headline, wouldn't you say? There are some rather large caveats in his statement.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In other words, Roberto Di Giorgio stated that "we can't rule out thet they could be some intelligent extraterrestrial forms of life" but added that "so far we lack any evidence corroborating the existence of them". The point is that the statement comes from the CHIEF of "Reparto Generale Sicurezza dell'Aeronautica militare" which would be, basically, the secret service of italian air force.
If you take a look here, at the official italian air force website, you will find out that the second link is to the page dedicated to UFOs.
www.aeronautica.difesa.it...

Italian air force is investigating the phenomena without ruling out beforehand the possibility that some of them could be aliens, this is the point of what he stated

I wouldn't call it bad news, thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
it would help to know what these 38 cases where too

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Thank you for posting this. I for one am glad people pay attention and are willing to post these. These are real statements by people who have nothing to gain from saying this and have everything to loose so that in and of it self means a lot.

KUDOs to you and the Italians.

PS
Obama may not be in "The Know"

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This doesn't sound much different from the conclusions of the U.S. Governmant's "Project Blue Book". There were over 700 cases in project Blue Book that are officially unresolved and unexplained.

The Italians say "We cannot prove that ETs are behind these sightings", and the U.S. said (in Blue Book's conclusions) "There has been no evidence indicating the sightings categorized as unidentified are extraterrestrial vehicles".

These conclusions sound the same to me, except the Italians included the meaningless statement that "We cannot rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence". Well -- yeah -- obviously the definintion of "unexplained" would mean that you can't rule out ETs, but I say this was a meaningless statement by the Italians because there was no evidence to suspect ETs either.

So again I ask: How is this much different than Project Blue Book, except for the fact that the U.S. didn't carelessly throw around utterly meaningless and obvious statements about "what can't be ruled out".

[edit on 2/26/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

Angel hair? Dropped from a ufo in Italy? I once had the same after a sighting. Can you tell us more on this please?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That kind of open-mindedness is natural to humans. People going around saying "It cant be ETs!" are the crazies.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by reject

PS
Obama may not be in "The Know"

There is a high probability that Mr Obama will not be fully briefed on all projects until his ability to keep information quiet has been fully ascertained.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
That kind of open-mindedness is natural to humans. People going around saying "It cant be ETs!" are the crazies.

YES! Yes my friend. We believe to rule, but we are a small part of the whole mechanism.
en.wikipedia.org...
We are nothiing...no wait: LESS than nothing in the universe, but we have the presumption to state that no one else exist in the universe. It is because of people like you that there's a way to find out the truth. UFOs researchers are usually ridiculed, but no one lols at me, at you, or at jeff ritzmann: WHY? Pose questions. We need questions, not answers.

[edit on 27/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
[We are nothing...no wait: LESS than nothing in the universe

Is that a hint of Cosmicism I see creeping in there?

but we have the presumption to state that no one else exist in the universe.

Come on Internos, you're better than that. You know that a skepticism of UFOs is not the same as thinking we are alone in the universe.

but no one lols at me, at you, or at jeff ritzmann

What are you talking about? I LOL at Skyfloating all the time.

Pose questions. We need questions, not answers.

Speaking of which, I have a question. In what context did he make this statement?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
They presume that's what they are.
They have no clue what they are, they just simply don't know what they are.
The truth is they are just UFO's.
And will remain UFO's until little green men get out and say "Hi, we are ET's from another planet, look at us, we are definitely ET's".

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

...and I agree that open mindedness concerning UFOs is a good thing.

However, the tone of the thread title made it sound like the Official Italian Government stance on UFOs is somehow fundamentally progressive, when actually it is very much in line with the official U.S. conclusions released 40 years ago in project Blue Book.

One could argue that since project Blue Book NEVER implicitly said that the unidentified UFO cases could NOT be ETs, one could make a logical inference that the U.S. is also saying that ETs cannot be ruled out, which is exactly what the Italians said -- but the Italians did it explicitly (which I think is a bit reckless since ETs would only be ONE possibly explanation, so why single it out?)

[edit on 2/27/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

And when they do come right out and say it people discredit them and belittle the message they have to say.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 27-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This former Canadian Defence Minister, Paul Hellyer, has said that he in fact has NO official information from the Canadian Government about his claims, and those claims are simply his personal opinions.

All that is fine -- he is entitled to those opinions. But don't mistake those opinions as "Official Disclosure". Since he has no evidence that directly comes from his governmental background, he actually could be considered an ordinary citizen when it comes to his UFO claims.

Again -- I'm not saying that UFOs are definitely NOT ETs...all I'm saying is that the Italian statement in the OP and Paul Hellyer's opinions simply are NOT official government disclosure or admittance of the existence of ETs.

[edit on 2/27/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

[We are nothing...no wait: LESS than nothing in the universe

Is that a hint of Cosmicism I see creeping in there?

It is called INTELLIGENCE, or KNOWLEDGE or AWARENESS or whatever you want.

Come on Internos, you're better than that. You know that a skepticism of UFOs is not the same as thinking we are alone in the universe.

Skepticism is sane, to don't believe in the existence of extraterrestrial forms of life just because "it sounds strange" IS WAY MORE LAUGHABLE THAN TO CLAIM THAT ALIENS exist.

What are you talking about? I LOL at Skyfloating all the time.

i never LOL AT SOMEONE ELSE'S POST. Not only you lol at a fellow member posts but you feel proud for that. Ok. I thought you were way more intelligent my friend. This is something i won' excuse to you, this is not what ATS exists for, regardless what skyfloating writes.
LOL at me now and forever mate

Speaking of which, I have a question. In what context did he make this statement?

Why are you able to google only what you need? WWW.GOOGLE.COM, what else do you need mate? Go, google and come back with a debunk IF you will be able to find one, otherwise you know what is waiting for you.

[edit on 27/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by SLAYER69

This former Canadian Defence Minister, Paul Hellyer, has said that he in fact has NO official information from the Canadian Government about his claims, and those claims are simply his personal opinions.

And that's good enough for me.
Besides what do you want?
A signed statement from the President of the US?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You need to calm down. You are over-reacting to jokes and phantoms.

Skepticism is sane, to don't believe in the existence of extraterrestrial forms of life just because "it sounds strange" IS WAY MORE LAUGHABLE THAN TO CLAIM THAT ALIENS exist.

No one here in this thread has made that claim, and I am pretty sure in the past 30 years no rational person has either. I don't understand why you are getting worked up...

i never LOL AT SOMEONE ELSE'S POST. Not only you lol at a fellow member posts but you feel proud for that. Ok. I thought you were way more intelligent my friend.

That was a joke, yes at Skyfloating's expense, but a joke nonetheless; I am sure even Skyfloating understood that there was no malicious intent behind it.

And yes, I do admit there are some posts I do have a great laugh at; that is the only appropriate responses.

Why are you able to google only what you need? WWW.GOOGLE.COM, what else do you need mate? Go, google and come back with a debunk IF you will ...

What is there to debunk? I'm not debating he made the statement, I was just asking in what context. The context could change the meaning of his words. I did look it up, and all the articles available (at least that I found) were either a verbatim repost of the AllNews item or are in Italian. I was hoping the resident Italian may have a bit more information...

you know what is waiting for you.

Confusing righteous indignation?

It's been 24-hours, I hope the level-headedness you are known for has returned.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
And that's good enough for me.
Besides what do you want?
A signed statement from the President of the US?

Yes!

That would certainly go a long way towards solving things, wouldn't it? Well...only if he said there is a cover-up of extraterrestrial visitation...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join