It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Evidence!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I posted this as a reply to a thread by Gazrok, but later decided it should be a thread in it's own right. I therefore apologise for multi-posting.

It's always nice to go over old ground, particularly Roswell, but personally, I think we have gleaned the best from the available information and there's really not too much more to be had.

We should never forget Roswell and Rendlesham Forest, amongst others because they are some of the most high profile cases in history but, I think we need to move on.

It is always good to watch videos and chat with like minded people because it helps to retain one's interest in ufology. I just think that 'we' need to get out there more, start putting in the hours and bringing in new footage!!

I would like an honest answer from any person who reads this post....

Do you commit quality time to sky watching? By that I mean...Do you leave the distractions of your home, family, television, games console and pc etc to carry out some serious studies of the sky? Do you leave your town or city to escape light pollution so that you can actually see the sky in order to study it?

Be honest, with yourself if no-one else!

ATS is a serious UFO investigation group and you are a part of it. We are here to discover the real truth about UFOs and I believe we will have success only by putting in the work. It doesn't matter what you think of the Roswell incident...there is no absolute proof. Whilst we are discussing things that may or may not have happened all those years ago, we are probably missing things that are happening now. Whilst you've been reading my post a triangle may have flown low over your house. You don't know because you weren't out there watching.

A little food for thought..........

MH

[Mod Edit - remove all caps in title]

[edit on 25/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Did you really have to mislead us with the title?

Stop with the misleading!

It's like our government!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola
Did you really have to mislead us with the title?

Stop with the misleading!

It's like our government!

I'm sorry if you found the title to be misleading, it certainly wasn't my intention to waste anybody's time.

I thought it was appropriate because the purpose of my thread was to point out that new ufo footage, which is obtainable, is being missed.

MH

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes your title is very misleading.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinhuyton

Do you commit quality time to sky watching? By that I mean...Do you leave the distractions of your home, family, television, games console and pc etc to carry out some serious studies of the sky? Do you leave your town or city to escape light pollution so that you can actually see the sky in order to study it?

I spend on average 30 minutes to an hour each night, every night (unless somethings on TV I really want to watch) looking up at the sky, live in a small town and the light pollution is pretty small, and only really heavy on a small part of the horizon.

Seen a few interesting things over the last 7 years or so ive lived here. A great green bolloid meteor (best ive seen so far covered a good 80% of the sky leaving a nice green trail behind it), hundreds of shooting stars of all types, point meteors, numerous (some really BIG) iridium flares, LOTS of satellites... finally managed to identify Taurus last night, or at least part of it.

Only really interesting things ive seen was a string of 3 roughly satellite strength lights traveling close together in a straight line with another light running along side parallel with the front one forming a backward facing L a year back (still cant find any info on groups of satellites like that, and I havent seen em again).

Ive seen a handful of satellites curve real pronounced in the sky a few times, I was always under the impression they kept a fairly straight course, but these have traveled noticeable archs (one a few nights back almost made it to about 60 degree difference compared to when i first spotted it). And I saw a shooting star a few months ago that broke up into fragments as it streaked over head, was pretty cool especially since I had only just gone outside and looked up pretty much right as it happened.

So apart from the string of lights, nothing much for me... but if i do see something, hey ATS will know about it.

Interestingly about 2 years ago we had an odd incident at our house where my mother went to bed early and made mention that she noticed an interesting series of flashs at the window of her and dads bedroom (as if from outside) the neighboring farm house had its lights off and any flashing from the road would have been obscured from the neighbors and the trees on our fence line. Latter that night a number of us awoke to an odd rythmic banging ie a bang every second with about 3-4 bangs followed by a short 4-5 second pause on the corner of the house where my twin sisters room is. Most of us didnt get up to investigate and a few of the family didnt hear it, I heard my sisters talking about it so got up and they said it was coming from the roof in the corner of their room, I heard it a a few more times before it stopped and it was definitely coming from the roof of their rooms corner (theirs nothing but roof there since we have no attic space in our house... That was about the extent of it, and it stopped around the time I talked to them. Their was no damage to the roof the next morning, no tree was near the wall, and the weather was calm that night. But it hasnt happened again. So who knows. I would have gone out on the night, but im a chicken when it comes to possibly running into one of 'them'

Edit:- hmm yeah misleading title, although I do think he's got a point.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Yes your title is very misleading.

Ok, so it has mislead you too my friend. I wonder if all the replies to it will be this negative? I also wonder...Did you actually read what I had to say or are you more concerned with the title?

How much time did you waste by clicking on it and finding it wasn't what you expected....several seconds?

This is exactly my point when I say we need to make time.

MH

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by martinhuyton

If that's the point you're trying to make then how about having your thread title reflect that to begin with? As it stands now, I really don't think it does.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

If that's the point you're trying to make then how about having your thread title reflect that to begin with? As it stands now, I really don't think it does.

If I had said 'NEW UFO EVIDENCE... PLEASE! would that have made a difference?

You are missing the point completely. The best ufo evidence is that, that you have witnessed personally. Then in your own mind there will be no doubt

MH

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yeah actually it would have made a difference.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

I spend on average 30 minutes to an hour each night, every night (unless somethings on TV I really want to watch) looking up at the sky, live in a small town and the light pollution is pretty small, and only really heavy on a small part of the horizon.

Hi Bigfoot, this is a very interesting read!

The backward 'L' shaped pattern of 'satellites' is particularly interesting because as far as I'm aware satellites don't orbit in such close proximity to each other. I could be wrong but it sounds very unusual to me.

Meteors are often dramatic and well worth seeing and it sounds like you've had your fare share of sightings. You obviously love the night sky! I cannot understand people who have no interest in space....I often use a reflector telescope, sometimes with a webcam connected so that I can see planets on my laptop. I remember asking a friend if he would like to watch Saturn live and his response was " NO! Why would I? You anorak!" Unbelievable!

Anyway, it's great that you're getting outside and putting in the time. Even if you never see a UFO, you will be rewarded in other ways!!!

All the best

MH

top topics

join