It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explosion in Wilmington NC in 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am sorry to post this information so late in the game, but it has always bothered me. My friend and I were playing a round of golf at a course in south Wilmington NC called Echo farms. We were on the back nine doing the usual and there was a neighbothood just on the other side of the trees from us. We heard and felt a big explosion that was right on the other side of the trees from us. It was a bit bigger than a grenade but a bunch less than a 105 howitzer. It certanly was not any firework or even single stick of dynamite from what I could hear. I have not been that close to dynamite so I might be wrong on that, but you could feel it in your chest as well as have your ears ring for a while. There were a bunch of fire and rescue truck that responded. When we got back to the clubhouse we asked the ranger what it was and he said he heard there was a bomb that went off at a house. Now the reason I bring this up here is we looked in the news for two weeks after this incident and heard nothing at all about it. If a car crashes into a ditch, you hear about it in the news. Why was this not a news worthy event? I wish I had written down the exact date and time, but I didn't. It was summer of 06. If anyone has any knowlege of this event please let me know.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Are you a member of the golf-club ? They may still have a record of your game/green fees. With the exact date you could zero in on the event.

Summer 06` ..... a long shot indeed,..... but hey thats golf.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wilmington, N.C. is one of the Capital movie making cities in the United States. Probably what you heard was an explosion that was being filmed for a movie.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
O.K. I found three possibilities......

WECT TV6#1

WECT TV6#2

These are the only things I could find that Fire and Rescue would have responded to.

The other possibility is Brown Island at which the military from nearby Camp Leune train, though I couldn't find an article with the right date on this one.
WECT TV6#3

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Tunatarian]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have seen a transformer blow before and it sounds like what you may have heard. News generally does not cover these incidents. Sound probable?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

I have heard transformers blow, and I have heard grenades go off. A grenade is much louder than a transformer. They have more of a pop. Loud, but not that big. This was an explosion. The second link in the above post sounds more like what it was, but the dates don't fit. I might be mistaken on the time frame. I am not a member of Echo farms, but I did use a credit card. I will try to find the entry to see if I can narrow it down. Thanks fo the replys.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tunatarian

Thanks for the links. As I said, the second link sounds right, and I might be wrong on the time frame. The ranger did say it was a bomb. I am gonig to try to get some more info on this article. Thanks again for digging.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Not a problem. I 'm from NC and go to Wilmington a lot, so I was curious too.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tunatarian

after looking into it, the appartments mentioned in the second link are right next to Echo farms, so the event must have happend it 05 not 06. The interesting thing is I couldn't find any news on it at the time. Even this article talks about it happening in the past. I would like to find out more about this. I will keep digging.

top topics

join