It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Chaos and The pending Ascendency of Consciousness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thank you, Speaker, for this thread.
Yes, when someone finally becomes aware ("awakens") to what is around them, the world right around them "changes", but the world they are in remains pretty much the same. Humanity can become better, as Torsion says. Read Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
information
and
another souce

Ah, heck, I'll be dead before I see everything unfold (Life goes on), but I'm grateful I was at this point in the "unfolding".

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Well, my whole view of 2012 is that the change will begin to take place then. I don't necessarily think there will be any perceptible change at that time, but I do think that, say, 15-20 years from 2012 people will look back and say, "Ah, yes, that's when everything began to change." We'll see.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

S + F for that thread.
I for one know that awareness is very important is these present times, and that more and more people are "awekening" to the new realities.
To speculate on future events is however a waste of time in some situations. What most of us here try to do is to predict what may or may not happen in the future. This causes anxiety, wich is not good for our psyche.
The most important thing is not being attached to the form. In other words, we can be aware of possibilities, or even sometimes certain thruths, but we need to stay focused and not loose energy caused by anxiety.
I have some insight on future events, but i'm not attached to the form, because it would weaken me too much.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

Well, we can't even predict the weather with any degree of certainty,so you are right, it is almost foolhardy to try and predict what is going to happen down the road. I think that in these times, it is perinent that we keep level heads and see things for what they actually are.

It is fine to conjecture, but if that constittes something other than what could possibly be occurring, it is in vain. We see much of this in the whole "end times" scenarios that are being espoused by a number of people.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by desert

Well, my whole view of 2012 is that the change will begin to take place then. I don't necessarily think there will be any perceptible change at that time, but I do think that, say, 15-20 years from 2012 people will look back and say, "Ah, yes, that's when everything began to change." We'll see.

I agree that it will not be one giant event, and that we should not be "waiting" for the change to happen. I also agree that knowledge is the key to the acendenacy we are discussing. As far as 2012 goes, I do not know what to expect. However, I do believe that the changes are already occuring and this brings me back to the issue of genetics. I really believe that our genetic pattern is changing in a way that will provide this unity/global consciousness, and that those changes may/may not be in preperation for 2012. I am not allowing myself to be polarized, because I don't know what will happen in the next thirty seconds. Does anyone ever?

Pertaining to anxiety and prediction, I really think that the notion of prediction falls into what we know is the failed +/- black/white thinking. The very nature of prediction is to say that something will/won't happen, that there is true and false rather than both. That thinking, when it creeps in, causes me anxiety too.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Torsion girl

Well, I know that there is a theory that there are supposed to be twelve strands of DNA instead of the two that we have. It kind of falls in line with the whole genetic thing you mention.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am farmiliar with the notion of the theory of 12, and it extends to try and explain part of the relationship between us and the Earth. (12 tectonic plates that caused the continental drift, 12 pairs of cranial nerves in the human brain, 12 Biblical tribes). I have no conviction regarding 12. I have kept away from rigid thinking by being open to most all possibilities, (it could be related to 12, it could not be related to 12, it both is and is not related to 12).

If our ideas are free to "flux" as all things flux, we will not be paralized be shock when the truth is revealed, for the TRUTH is already a possibility.

It could be triple-helix DNA, it could be the modification of even smaller, undetected snipets. All I know is I don't know, I just sort of feel like it has something to do with DNA. Theories abound.

Thanks again for an amazing OP, and for all of the insightful subsequent posts by everyone on this thread. Very important stuff, and the "flux" of it makes me feel the greatest buzz of all: freedom of thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Torsion girl

Torsion, without the freedom to think, very little would have ever been done in this world. We live in a world of "problem analyzers" and "problem fixers." While everyone is praiseful of the "problem fixers," few realize that the "problem analyzers" are really the ones worthy of praise.

Most "problem fixers" tend to be overly optimistic about issues. They are not good at analyzing situations and finding the source of a problem. That is why "problem analyzers" are a must for any functioning society.

You are right; it is important to maintain an open mind. After the door closes to possibility, there is little avenue left.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Dead on and well said. The buzz I am talking about is more like a third way, not fixing or analyzing problems, but thinking entirely outside of them. I like the way Teclordz put it...not attached to the form. It is more like mind expansion than freedom of thought.

For example, I am aware of the limitations placed on us by language. There are barriers in our ability to understand one another because of the limits of shared context and vocabulary. Some thoughts/ideas have no meaningful corosponding terms. When I step outside of the problem, I see some of the alternate communication tools at play, and am better able to access them. (ex: Energy communicates.) The "problem" of limitation becomes a nonissue because a deeper understanding of the content is acchieved.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I would like to add that i am not waiting for change.
In my search for truth it has lead to my awaking and the more i search the more i understand. All the talk about the perception of what we can see, here and feel is good but we do not have the whole picture yet so we are all relaying to eachother ours or others perception of how things work.

Do you see that we must not understand it? How can we, without the truth we are just fooling ones self / ego.
The closest answere out there for me is divine intervetion and yes i have been searching for that sign as well. Just about all religons have this concept.
If all that we can know, see and feel now came from somewhere, then i prepose to you that this "somewhere" is what we should be tring to find.
This is where my research parameters have been set to now, and why i say that divine intervention is going to happen. What i have found is that this "somewhere" can be best described as divine.
Great thead people.

Cheers,
Kitos

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kitos

Well,Kitos, that is very true. We, as human beings, have no way of seeing the complete picture. We can only see a portion, very small portion at that, of it. That is like someoe or a group that claims that they have the "truth." My reply is always the same. "No, you may have bits and pieces of the truth, but there is no way a person can have he complete truth."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Speaker, I think an atheist would readily agree on most of your claims. There is a philistine common ground on most of your points. For instance, globalization and technological advancements could all be considered attempts at world peace and salvation by basic 'enlightenment' concepts. The difference being that you take into consideration spiritual consciousness, and someone mentioned a divine intervention being the only means to better things at this point. Those in this thread would consider the modern state of the world disturbing while an atheist would view humanity's shortcomings as a natural inevitable byproduct, the impossibility of perfection on the roads to utopia. I don't know, this is just how I picture things. But there are some things I have noticed, things unable to be conceptualized in any statistical method, that make me see the ultimate failure of an atheistic viewpoint. Namely, this is a mass irrationality in people, in logic, in systems that are utterly baseless in the end (the absurd roundabout you mentioned). This is the unseen force that plagues us now, the cause of the things we can't seem to figure out. Society doesn't think in terms of alienation from the 'source'. If they did they would notice the lack of interconnectedness and therefore be conscious of a major problem. Instead we live under the illusion of inclusivity, the illusion of a combined desire for progress (towards what?), the huddling together in mutual acceptance of the human condition. We do realize the ship is sinking, but the atheist says to himself "Why not sink together, the lot of us, and accept that fate. At least I won't be alone." But, yes, we need more of a kind of spirituality, we need much more God, we need the big miracle to trump all miracles, and at the same time we need to keep in mind that perhaps "...the miracle arises from faith and not faith from the miracle" as Dostoevsky would say.
Great thread. I don't think it's a coincidence that in such times such truth seekers as you would be around.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Well, while I certainly am not a proponent of the atheist cause, I can see where they come from. Let's face it, we live in a world that demands empirical "proof" of everything.

In some ways, I view this as being somewhat odd. We live in a society that is beginning to change its views, by way of quantum physics, of what "reality" is. Yet, we continuously state that if it cannot be seen, touched, smelled, tasted or heard, it's not real. Yet, science questions whether if even those things are real in any objective sense.

What is pertinent is that people realize that things are quite a bit different than previously thought. We live in a world that has been driven to the point of insanity with theories,conjectures and ideologies, none of which offer any real solace.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The biggest problem we have as a society is that we base our self worth on our wealth. I've been saying this for years, but people don't listen to me, I'm just the weird girl who doesn't go on 2 hour pub lunches AND takes all her holiday time, damn a promotion.

We live in a society that advocates taking huge debt to fund an education so you can work your tail off to get more debt to "buy" a house so you can get into more debt to fund your retirement, if you don't kill yourself first working that is. And your kids? Hell they've got TV to raise them, and you make damn sure they have the best one too!

In the mean time those of us who have chosen not be caught up in this cycle are branded as losers... "you're 35 and don't have a mortgage?!?"

As far as I'm concerned you can keep your high profile, high stress, high paid careers with your mortgages, credit cards and designer clothes.

I'm enjoying life without all the "stuff" - As for religion, don't get me started. It will be a happy day for our civilization when we can evolve out of the need for the the security blanket that religon can offer some.

OP: You've said what I've been saying for years, just more eloquently. Bravo!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

True. I think majority opinion triumphs over nearly everything these days. We can always laugh you to scorn. We can pile the statistics to our favor. We can make laws. And, if all else fails we can send the police to your door to show you what's right.

I mean they.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Very true. I suppose that is the crux of my entire post. We associate ourselves with what we own and our "net worth." It's an unfortunate state of affairs really.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Another thing is that given that the world is very materialistic, we tend to think in terms of separation. For example, you become very close to a certain someone and then all of a sudden, at least in your eyes, that person is "gone."

Now, if you look at it from a spiritual perspective, it's not possible. Once you have a strong bond with someone, the bond is forever.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

We live in a society of either/or thnking. Either you're good or bad. Either you're conservative or liberal. Either you're spiritual or materialist, et cetera.

This type of thinking is both detrimental and incorrect.

We can EITHER choose to ignore the truth of unity and travel a perilous road. OR, conversely, we can awaken to the truth and approach a future beyond your wildest dreams.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

I love hypocracy
second line, I LOVE hypocracy.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Lord and Savior

You also LOVE to harass

Second line: You also LOVE to harass.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Really, LS, I kind of see where you are coming from though.
Now, that I think about it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join