It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Chaos and The pending Ascendency of Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsion girl

Well, I do know that they are doing a lot of research into what the "causes" are for autism. It is my opinion that autistic children are the first cases of an evolutionary change occurring within the human race. It is a shame that our mindset is adjusted to where all we want to do is "medicate" these children.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can't really add on to anything that's been said in this thread before me, as much of it simply echoes my own thoughts. Star & Flag for an excellent post.

perhaps with a little luck and unified thinking we can truly help humanity.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What a wonderful post. I agree with you on many points. Especially the Religion aspect of it.

It is out wordily obvious to most people that religion is the cause of most past wars, documented and undocumented. The inability of the human being to accept another being's way of life has killed and hurt millions upon millions of people over humanities evolution.
From the House wife's bigotry over Islamic people who have no tie to Terrorism to the Muslim family who does not understand the capitalists way of life. There are hundreds of examples.

I say agian, what a wonderful post!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

True.

I have to be honest, I have more of a problem with materialism. Materialistic ideology has spurned a lack of self worth and most of all, MEANING. After all, if all there is is what we can sense with our five faculties, then in most eyes, there really is no point in any of it.

This is what has led to depression, suicide, addiction in all of its forms, et cetera. Of course, many will want to point out all of the technological advances due to Cartesian-Newtonian ideology. I do not deny that.

However, if one were to give more than a passing glimpse, it has done foar more harm than good. We are on the brink of environmental destruction due to our "progress."

[edit on 26-2-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The problem with materialism is it has been twisted into something it should never have been.Materialism should be first and foremost about the "creation"of something. It is not self worth that you derive from owning things,you are in essence a slave to your property. The creation of material things give you a sense of accomplishment,therefore giving you a feeling of self worth.

In the last few years I have struggled with religion. Point in fact,why would any religion kill in the name of God? Makes no sense to me. All religions have a common basic tennant,love. Love others as you love your self. I believe that to be an axiom.

About two years ago I discovered the "Law of One" series. According to tennants of the law of one,we are all part of the creator.All here to become a tool for a greater self understanding of the Creator.

After digesting the Law of One teachings,I knew that service to others is key.Not for glory or gain,but to open the door for a greater understanding of who I really am. Since I have begun this journey I have noticed that those whom I have served,have taken up their own service to others.
As I have seen the light come through in these people,I find that actions prove, where mere words fall short.

Service to others has aided my self worth also.I not only create materialy,I gain and grow spiritually.

Your OP was astounding in clarity.I do hope that you might find some light in my words also.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I think you summed materialism up very well.
I starred your post.

I suppose that ultimately that is the problem with materialism. It has given us a sense that we are nothing more other than what we own and the career we obtain.

In regards to your comments on religion, I 100% agree. When you look through history, you find that atrocious acts have been committed for a "holy" purpose. I would love to hear what the founders of those religions have to say about those "holy" purposes.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I fear that the hoped for transition will be late in comming.There are far to many dogmas ingrained in people to expect expedious change.
As I stated before,in service to others,I have come to know myself better.
The look on the peoples face when I explain why I do what I do is priceless. The greatest gift you can give another is love. A service born out of love will never be forgotten. The wonderful aspect is that the love and service will spread to others.

I agree with you that we as a community of people are on the verge of a great consciousness awakening. All of us who are aware of this must move swiftly to help others see.The task is great,yet the rewards even greater.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

You're correct.

I don't think we are going to just get up one morning and say, "Damn, everyone just has a different outlook." It's a process, not a miraculous happening. It will take time, but it's coming. I rest fairly assured of that.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My deepest gratitude for sharing your wisdom and insight.

I have personally found this to be more true than people want to understand. We have yet to face ourselves as a whole and this is presenting many many problems.

Alas, we do need some type of catalyst so the blind are no longer leading the blind. Usually the more negative of situation we are presented with, the more we can use it as a tool to learn and grow..to evolve. The coming chaos may be the best thing that ever happened to us, if you can view it from a higher perspective.

These are very intense and exciting times. There is much hope to be had and much love to be shared. The time to shed our old skin and old ways of thinking are fast approaching.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Materialism is religion. Money is a God. They are one.

We are all one...one that is changing through force? It is a real possibility that pending events can and will lead to a shift in global consciousness, as the title of this thread indicates. Ascendency. What a great word. I mean, say it aloud.

The ideas about service to others is a truth that manifests for those who believe it, and there is a long list of peace-bringing prophets that attested to it.*** This is the essence of spirituality, (wish I had a more meaningful, specific word there, Spirituality means a million different things, read context). This is a step that opens you up and pops you into the next level of being you.

Who we are and how we behave depends greatly on the ability to see our neighbor suffering and realize that she is me, for in UNITY if one suffers so too must all. There is but one ONE. When we see this, I mean REALLY see it, something shifts to the center of ONE. We are we, me, us, you, them, it, all things.

***There is to be made a clear distinction between the ideas religious prophets have brought to humanity, and what Religion has done with those ideas. This is why I don't go to a church of some kind, ever. Their message is now tainted after all the abuse and reworking it has been through. Church dosen't have the answer because religions lied about the answer long ago. As a result we (humanity) have not grown in consciousness and unity. This makes people feel uneasy (but after so much of it they don't notice), and as a result they feed the emptiness with THINGS. Some people like cars or boats, shoes and bags, whatever. They turn their neighbor-loving self off and practice the religion of Materialisim while worshiping their God: Money.

I did something nice for someone else today, and it made me feel good for a million different reasons!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Very good point.
Keep the post coming friend you are a rare breed to read.
+1 for rhyming.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I've read an article once about the alien invasion conspiracy.

The way they invade worlds begins with making an agreement with the planet's leaders, promising a hefty gain from the agreement which turns out to be a lie.

Then they take hold of the mass media, 'brainwashing' the masses that 'pleasure now' (at the cost of the future) is the coolest thing to do! This is where greed, and consumerism comes in, ravaging the world, the balance and the future.

Then everything falls apart. The aliens now presenting to 'help' and undo our 'own mistakes' but is asking something very precious in return, our free will. Invasion complete!

Sorry I can't find the link to this one anymore, it's a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wonderful first post and thread

Materialism rules since Descartes and dualism is a very convenient lie for population control.

Truth is truth. God is. Christianity as we know it was also another system of population control. Take a hard look at the first council of Niscea and Justin Martyrs assertions on other Christs and you might find out more than you want to know.

The teaching however, is truth. Love. God is love. God is. And Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and others seem more to agree in my mind than take divergent paths...

I hope we can all embrace truth where we find it and accept others when they find it elsewhere. There is infinite beauty in diversity. I would hate that everyone would believe in one faith as God is so much bigger than any concept his creation can conceive.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Holy crapolla! That’s some deep stuff OP!

I will definitely not shy away from a thread like this. You’ve nailed so many hardwired defections of this world, you wouldn’t even know. If I took the time I would start a discussion like this.

However watch it. You’re speaking in global terms. You know you will be accused of Nwo new age propaganda right?
It almost sounds like Obama with his Perfect Union Utopia!

Don’t expect those who can’t see past: a piece of land, skin color, race and religion to just suddenly have a magical awakening though, but who knows, maybe miracles do occur. If such an event remains earthbound (like another war, another chaos), nothing will change. It will necessitate an event of external provenance to shake humanity to its core and make humans realize that there are higher levels of being.

About the problem of materialism daddyroo45said it beautifully.

The problem with materialism is it has been twisted into something it should never have been.Materialism should be first and foremost about the "creation"of something. It is not self worth that you derive from owning things,you are in essence a slave to your property. The creation of material things give you a sense of accomplishment,therefore giving you a feeling of self worth.

The source of the material is more than the material. When we enslave ourselves to our property, we reduce our true value that is limitless and priceless (or supposed to be).

Oh I'm not goin down the religion drain, Too depressing.

But again, marvelous thread! S+F.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Oh well, that article woul highlights a conspiracy that is shared by many. But the question that humanity should be asking itself is how come it can't help itself. Why do we always need some "overlords" to clean up our messes uh?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Some people don't post because they already know most of this, so I would just like to enlighten you that you're not alone, and your theory/philosophy is closer to the truth than many imagine.

These are the final days as in the bible, but no the final days of earth, and not a day where all sinners shall die horrible death, this is a age where retribution in all of it's truth and glory where really become apparent.

Throughout almost every venue in history, there has been a strict control system.

Now, some believe that the world is gearing up for a world control system.

The money, power, and greed along with our selfish clashes will perish.

See within yourself.... I'll make a quote from the book I'm writing.

"yet I feel like I am an alien in a world I was forced into, born into bondage and strapped into a cocoon of the acclaimed magnificent reality that we poor so much thought into, inevitably leading to nothing more than questions. Suppose it's not the question's you need to be answering, it's the answers that you need to propose questions. That comes off as a infinite loop, an oxymoron, and that's the way it is. Propose to yourself you don't need to ask questions, propose to yourself you don't need answers, see within that we are here to learn and you cannot be taught by searching for answers to the paradox of why, yet you can be taught by smiling, asking yourself, "Why ask why?", and finding the answer."

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Torsion girl

True, money is a "god." It is Mammon,a code word for materialism, in the holy bible. "You must choose to either serve the one true God or mammon."

You pretty insightful. Science has led man to believe in individuality and dualism on one hand, yet, they expect us to accept the "big bag" theory which states that all things are essentially made of the same basic stuff. It doesn't make a wole lot of sense, really.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

You're a poet and didn't know it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Firstly,I don't really buy into the whole "Oh,aliens are so evil," argument. However, with that being said, I am not under the illusion that ALL of them have our best interests in mind.

The bible speaks of a "war in heaven." To me, this is indicative of a war between the aliens that you speak of, and those who wish to be more beneficial to humanity.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Very true.

The Council of Nicea in 325 A.D was little more than a political move to gain control oveer the masses. You are right on target with your analysis.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join