It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and Goldline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Glenn Beck has one hour of free advertising every day on a prime cable news channel to push gold. Don't forget that he has a massive stake in the price of gold. Arguably his doom and gloom message could be considered a main force in its rise from $700/oz (maybe even $300/oz - I just haven't been watching him that long).

Ron Paul has it right on. Kucinich seems to get it some of the time. Most of the rest seem to simply have a look of fear. That is what has had my attention. The congressmen act like "whoa man there is something I just found out but can't talk about" look. And I don't think it is the economy. We have been on this wild ride ponzi scheme since we got off the gold standard.

I am betting this will not result in total meltdown, rioting in the streets, mass homelessness, general chaos etc. This is simply a few more nails in our coffin. "They" have been pounding them in slowly over the last couple of decades at least. I am still hopeful we can rise to the occasion and fix things. Revolution is not likely with the state of our society.

I am still stocking up - good advice from all here, and very interesting ideas. I hope y'all with the more radical ideas calm down a little bit. No offense, you make me think things could really completely meltdown. We aren't there yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by winside

Hi winside. As opposed to Mr. Beck, Rep. Paul has been a loooooong term supporter of Gold and PM mining share investment...many, many years. I doubt that anyone in Washington has a better fundamental understanding of the inherent weakness in paper currency systems & credit based economic policies.

Once considered a cult, or contrarian investment, Gold is in the process of re-brand. Mr. Beck would be but one small voice in an ocean of seasoned, veteran Gold advocates...driving physical investment demand. Bear in mind that the 'official' POG is set in the paper market...independent of most small retail investors.

Originally posted by winside
I hope y'all with the more radical ideas calm down a little bit.

Roger that WS.

GL

Contrary to popular belief.....

What just happened?

Postscript: Our leaders have driven our economy to the place economies eventually wind up that run on credit, discourage savings, and sold off productive capacity needed to generate new savings. Our readers have not listened to them but have saved their own food and water, metaphorically speaking, by staying out of debt and increasing their savings, even if this was not what everyone else was doing. Good for you. On the other hand, readers who are expecting a Mad Max world need to get a grip and re-read Are You a Doomer? Law abiding citizens do not turn into criminals overnight. Your town will not be run by warloards. There will be no wandering hoards of looters or ox-drawn Rolls Royces. That's Y2K stuff. Try to keep it in perspective, folks. Everything is going to get really, really slow for a while. - E. Janzen

Text

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Roger that!

718th Engineer Unit, Fort Benning, GA. Glad I have that experience.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by winside
I am still hopeful we can rise to the occasion and fix things. Revolution is not likely with the state of our society.

I hope y'all with the more radical ideas calm down a little bit. No offense, you make me think things could really completely meltdown. We aren't there yet.

None taken, but it has been our "calm" attitude and lazy wishful thinking that things will get better that has us in the position we are in today..

Some things are worth getting off yer arse and Fighting for...

[edit on 25-2-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh I am sure China, Japan and other countries are watching Glenn B which is why they are turning there assests into precious metals.........

Please........

new topics

top topics

join