It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Oceans are Dying ... ? ... new wrinkle in the Global Warming Scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Al Gore and another talking head were discussing how CO2 is absorbed by the Oceans and the more CO2 is absorbed the more acidic the sea water becomes. marine life is very Ph sensative and how the reefs on the earth are going to die off if nothing is done ... like next couple of years ...

I'm trying to locate a source - I saw it on TV science channel ... global warming topic ... I found that to be a interesting point ... and then we also have jellied methane in the deep cold sea.
*also I might add they were pumping compressed CO2 into a beeker of saltwater with a Ph meter to show the acidic level... in nature we dont put compressed CO2 into the Ocean... the ocean can only absorb so much naturally is my thinking behind their exeriment.

they sort of lost a lot of credibility on the Global Warming Thingy ... and alex jones ripping Rothchild a new rear end ... well ...
what do you think .... more methane at the bottom of sea or holy crap they are right.... ?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The methane on the sea bottom is very real. IMO, it is whats causing the phenomenon in the bermuda triangle. Also, the japanese are looking into ways to harvest this methane, though scientists warn about the project.

It's basically dry-ice-methane. In the bermuda triangle, which has an active seabed, this methane ice, is every once in a while subjected to water, which makes it sublimate into methan gas. gas rises, and lowers the average density of the water making boats sink. If ignited, it can produce burning water - And a large enough cloud, could cause an explosion with a plane. As the seabed is active, remain are quickly covered up.

The oceans are getting more acidic, not much, but enough to give beings reliying on (another word for chalk), like shelfish and reefs a hard time. Larger animals will be fine though. Given enough time, nature will adjust itself, and new species will take over.

Also, the methane gas trapped in the russian tundra kinda dwarfs what we have let into the atmosphere. Then the perma-frost disappears from there, things will go pretty quickly.

Global climate change IS happening. Exciting times IMO

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A fairly good overview of the whole subject can be found on Wikipedia
Ocean Acidification
Personally, I think that there is more danger from pollution, overfishing, and GMO accidents than CO2. If we kill the oceans, we would guarantee a run away green house situation.

Actually, thats what is prophesied in the Apocalypse of John.

Chapter 16 verse 3 says "And the second angel poured out his vial[of the wrath of God] upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead [man]; and every living soul(creature) died in the sea."

Since 50 to 70% of the Oxygen produced by plants comes from the ocean, their death would lead to a rapid increase in CO2 levels. This would cause the 4th "Plague"which is:

verse 16:8; "And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
verse 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat"

Some sort of equilibrium would come from the dense cloud cover that would result, but this would produce the 5th Plague!

See 16:10 "And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness;"

A very scary plausible scenario!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The worst polution comes from PACKAGING. Due to capitalystic system, everything you buy is in a package...and it makes THOUSANDS OF TONS OF WASTE A DAY.
People shoud produce their own food and have their own energy...but that would not be good for the bankers now, would it? If nobody needs to go to the shopping mall...how will they control us and kill us slowly with their chemicals?

So, they will mention everything...but NEVER WALMART as the reason of the polution.

The way of live we lead is TOTALLY WRONG, and the Earths suffers from it.

Al Gore is there to pretend that THEY CARE...and make US feel guilty, not the our rulers, who created this system...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't think that the worlds oceans will become too acidic. As the CO2 increases, the temp goes up ,and the ice caps start to melt increasing the amount of water which (for a while at least) dilutes the acidic ocean waters. I'd be more worried about the North Atlantic Conveyor shutting down from the influx of fresh water from Greenland's melting icefields, which could plunge the world into the ice age that the increased CO2 levels are temporally staving off.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Where exactly are the water measurements being taken to give the acidic readings?

Are they being taken close to the coast and reading Farm run off?
Or are they being taken further out where the Sewerage gets released?
are they being taken in the shipping lanes or are they being taken from the major currents?
are they being taken after heavy rain or during dry spells?

there are so many variables in this whole global warming scam that scientists don't factor into their computer models.

Scientists would have to put in so much data into their computer models to be accurate that by the time they finnished putting in the data they would need to get an accurate reading for 2010 it would be be the year 2020.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
All I know is that I have been going to the same beach since I was a kid, and each year, I see less and less sea shells. We had always wondered what was going on, I figured it might have been just from overpopulation of the area, but perhaps this phenomenon is what has caused it.

I have no idea. I just know we are screwing this world up royally.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Sea shells are a strange one.

People tend to collect them so after a few years you will notice a dramatic reduction in numbers.
We have the same problem on one of our near bye Islands, it used to have an abundance of shells and corals close to the shore, but for every person we caught with shells and coral, 20 would get away with them and now it is almost bare, picked clean.
Hell I even saw 4 men picking up a giant clam to take to the beach to eat,
Luckily we caught them in time.

new topics

top topics

join