It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel lobbies for war on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Israel lobbies for war on Iran

www.presstv.ir

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak says he advocates a war on Iran, following the country's successful test-runs at the Bushehr power plant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How far off is the world from another war, one that would effect the security of all, one we are told can no longer be ignored. If a war is around the corner, how far off do you think we can see actual troops activity with the new Israel Government?

They keep repeating that more has to be done in stopping further enrichment of uranium in Iran, sanctions are not working and Israel is growing impatient, waiting for US backing i think.

www.presstv.ir

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nifron

You hit the nail right on the head there, they're waiting for US backing, thinking if they stir things up long enough the US will go in and do the dirty work for them. If Israel want to attack Iran then they should be the damn ones to do it, not calling in someone else. Hopefully the US will ignore them though, war in Iran is the last thing they need to get dragged into.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkPassenger
reply to post by Nifron

You hit the nail right on the head there, they're waiting for US backing, thinking if they stir things up long enough the US will go in and do the dirty work for them. If Israel want to attack Iran then they should be the damn ones to do it, not calling in someone else. Hopefully the US will ignore them though, war in Iran is the last thing they need to get dragged into.

Sorry, but does it matter?
U.S will not turn a Blind Eye if Israeli Jets attack Iranian Nuclear sites..

BUT, this far along..
It's too late, Israel.

Should have done it 2 years ago.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I sick of hearing about Israeli this or that wanting war or sanctions on Iran, Palestine or whatever else they complain about.

A constructive idea would be for those who want war to build a space ship, board it and take off in search of a new planet to pester.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
PressTV is nothing more than Iran's anti-USA/Israel propaganda machine. I get a direct satellite feed and can't even watch it anymore because they frequently report hearsay as fact. Of course they're going to say that "other alternatives" can mean nothing other than war.

Now, I'm not saying that it isn't what they mean, because it may very well be, but your source is just as bias as the MSM is here in the U.S.A. on the other side of the spectrum.

Any chance they get, they put their own spin on things, and encourage everyone to view their content with a grain of salt.

As for the OP, I can't align myself on either side of the conflict, because it's not my fight, it's none of my business.

I'm just getting a little sick of PressTV's rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nifron
How far off is the world from another war, one that would effect the security of all, one we are told can no longer be ignored. If a war is around the corner, how far off do you think we can see actual troops activity with the new Israel Government?

They keep repeating that more has to be done in stopping further enrichment of uranium in Iran, sanctions are not working and Israel is growing impatient, waiting for US backing i think.

www.presstv.ir

Great!
That has the potential to solve all my problems in one:
One - attacking iran is so suicidal, that it might get them aliens outta my head
Two - Won't have to worry if they grade my tests correctly at work or not, cuz an attack on Iran would probably put me out of work
Three - The euro should skyrocket once Iran blocks the oil flow. (Glad I got the euros)

Why don't they hurry up? The wait is driving me nuts.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm so sick of that tail wagging the Dog!
Let them fight Iran if they want to.

This American will watch from the bleachers!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think that the US will get involved. If it's Israel that does the attacking, then they are doing so of their own accord. I thought that Obama had wanted to start an open dialogue with Iran, and didn't Mohmoud Amewhatshisface send Obama and McCain a letter during their campaigns, stressing that peace could be achieved and agreements met? I remember seeing this somewhere, and don't have the time to go dig it up. Anybody else remember hearing about this?

Bottom line, if Israel stirs the hornets nest then they should take sole responsibility for their actions. Not hope that the big bad USA will stand behind them. (I hated the kids in highschool who would talk trash and pick fights, only when their friends were behind them. When they were alone, they shut up pretty quick!)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think that the US will get involved. If it's Israel that does the attacking, then they are doing so of their own accord. I thought that Obama had wanted to start an open dialogue with Iran, and didn't Mohmoud Amewhatshisface send Obama and McCain a letter during their campaigns, stressing that peace could be achieved and agreements met? I remember seeing this somewhere, and don't have the time to go dig it up. Anybody else remember hearing about this?

Bottom line, if Israel stirs the hornets nest then they should take sole responsibility for their actions. Not hope that the big bad USA will stand behind them. (I hated the kids in highschool who would talk trash and pick fights, only when their friends were behind them. When they were alone, they shut up pretty quick!)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not that this should come as a suprise to anyone. Israel wants to attack anyone that is not their friend. Will the us get involved? probably. Why? Cause we want to keep israel as an ally. besides, whats a few thousand deaths of the subjects to the elites that have always been in power. Funny thing is, we would be fighting people who have guns that old reagan gave them in the eighties. Same guns we got.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Please , you think if Israel attacks Iran , the US will stay back....lol.... Every time Israel takes a crap, the US scoops up the mess

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nifron

Israel couldn't defeat HIzbollah .Does it want to defeat a much Stronger and larger country like Iran?

It is just a politic game.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smitewinit

The problem is that the middle-east is a very important supplier of Oil, there is a reason why the US is backing up Israel. It's been a shoehorn into Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Kuwait etc. Now you (the US) are fully occupied in Iraq and Afghanistan so good luck on that multiple fronts war. To me its quite obvious that the US is making a circle around important oil resources.

[edit on 2009/2/26 by reugen]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If the Israeli warmongers want to attack Iran, fine, let then go in alone. Then when Israel gets wiped off the map, it's their own fault for it. Seems almost everyday now, there's something in the news about Israel and war, so even if this is from an Iranian source, I'm inclined to believe it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If Bibi should be assassinated. He came close the last time he was Prime Minister. His assassination could start a major war in the Middle East?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i think it would be poetic that as israeli jets are heading to iran, irans nuke was heading for israel

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

Then Israeli Nukes will nuke Mecca if Jerusalem is nuked. Which will lead to Russia and the US launching their nukes at each other.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think Israel is just blowing smoke here, without U.S. backing I don't think they would decide to attack Iran, not to say it would be suicide but it wouldn't be very smart! What they really want is for Iran to attack them first so they get the green light from the usa, this will not happen though because I think Iran knows that Israel is just looking for the excuse.... Instead there will be an elaborate to convince the people that Iran has developed nukes and they must be stopped! The same way we went into Iraq with the whole WMD lie...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated7

The fact that Iran is developing nuclear capable missles that can reach Israel and Europe. They wouldn't build those types of missles if they were not interested in nuclear weapons. The inconsistencies in the IAEA reports don't leave much doubt of the Iranians 'True intentions'(?)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join