It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You guys got some love from CNN today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Pointy-eared aliens traveling at light speed are staying firmly in science fiction, but scientists are offering fresh insights into the possible existence of inhabited worlds and intelligent civilizations in space.

There may be 100 billion Earth-like planets in the Milky Way, or one for every sun-type star in the galaxy, said Alan Boss, an astronomer with the Carnegie Institution and author of the new book "The Crowded Universe: The Search for Living Planets."

He made the prediction based on the number of "super-Earths" -- planets several times the mass of the Earth, but smaller than gas giants like Jupiter -- discovered so far circling stars outside the solar system.

just wanted to point this out... if nobody posted it yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Crap, we posted this about the same time! I just find it interesting to see MSM posting articles like this. They will poke fun at individuals who purpose this sort of thing, but still will write articles on the subject. Kinda makes me wonder if they have been asked to slowly subject the public to this topic.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Crap, we posted this about the same time! I just find it interesting to see MSM posting articles like this.

I think they(MSM) finally learned that they get more ratings on their site if they report on interesting things. It seems to be working. FOX and CNN seem to be changing their standards and learning very fast that people like it and come back for more.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
project blue beam.... or is it project greenstar? maybe both that are comming into play....

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

*Astronomer: There may be 100 billion Earth-like planets in the Milky Way

*Analysis: Thousands of intelligent civilizations may have emerged in the Milky Way

WOW.........

Also go to the CNN main page www.cnn.com... and scroll down to vote on the right side "Do you believe life will be found on other planets?"

[edit on 25-2-2009 by ufo reality]

top topics

join