It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Raps Israel for Gaza Aid Delay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Clinton Raps Israel for Gaza Aid Delay

www.military.com

February 25, 2009
Agence France-Presse

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is pressing Israel to stop blocking aid to the besieged Gaza Strip and will raise the issue during her visit next week, an Israeli newspaper is reporting.

U.S. Middle East envoy George Mitchell is expected to issue a strongly-worded statement on the situation when he travels to Israel ahead of Clinton this week, the Haaretz said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It appears from the tone of this article that the U.S. Administration is going to start becoming a bit firmer with Israel regarding the human rights violations in Palestine.

It appears though they are in for a rough road as the article states that Israel will not fully reopen border crossings until an Israeli soldier captured in 2006 by Palestinian militants is released.

This sounds like collective punishment to me, which is clearly forbidden and illegal under the auspices of the United Nations.

With America gripped by economic crisis, I wonder how much longer we American Taxpayers are going to be obliged to pay for these atrocities committed against innocent people in someone else’s name but with our money and weapons?

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just a dog and pony show IMO. They reprimand each other in public and hold hands when nobody is looking.

When you see the US quit sending weapons and money and ask the UN to sanction Israel, then you could say that the US is tired of Israel.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Just a dog and pony show IMO. They reprimand each other in public and hold hands when nobody is looking.

When you see the US quit sending weapons and money and ask the UN to sanction Israel, then you could say that the US is tired of Israel.

That's always a concern of mine too. There have been some high level congressional delegates over there recently who were none to happy about what they have seen with their own eyes.

Out of sight out of mind. It seems the only time real attention is paid to this situation is when it turns obscenely violent.

It would be great to see things really change over there.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I admit that the US should be more impartial in settling the matter. On the other hand, I also feel that the Palestinians should quit playing the victim role and start taking responsibility for some of the problems they allow.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I admit that the US should be more impartial in settling the matter. On the other hand, I also feel that the Palestinians should quit playing the victim role and start taking responsibility for some of the problems they allow.

I just don't believe we have any business getting involved unless we are going to be completely impartial. I sure don't think it behooves us to spend the money we do on a situation that neither side is eager to end any time soon if ever at all.

top topics

join