It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rothschild, the bank built on gold, quits market

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Is the world economy about to undergo a major transformation?

I have been following gold for a while now. China, Russia and the US are the largest gold buyers. Do they know something we don't? In the end times gold will be the only currency.

By William Kay

15 April 2004

After 261 years, N.M. Rothschild & Sons, the most prestigious bank in the City of London still owned by its founding family, shocked the financial world yesterday when it pulled out of trading in gold and other commodities.

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I follow gold to a certain extent also and this baffles me.
Many people are predicting the price to go up a good deal. Maybe it dosnt have to do with the price so much as it does with most people just relying on credit these days. Many of the people that do invest in gold privatly dont want it in a banks hands.

but in all reality i have no idea, and the artical just said they were quitting because it wasnt profitable, which dosnt exsplain a whole bunch.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The Rothchilds are pulling out because they know the currency of the future is not going to gold its going to be digital currency via chip which they and the other global elite are backing and they are going to make it come to fruiton thru manipulation of world events...

This does not mean though that they dont have large holdings of this commodity it just means they will no longer be trading in it ....
Think about it...........

Have you seen the prolific amount of advertising that Monex has done lately to try to get people to invest in gold......????
Start thinking people !!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We are getting closer to the star trek world every day.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
energy wave i might give you my wats vote for this month for this find ..... im betting this will not be reported in mainstream media thru the typical major news outlets.......good find !!!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Rothschilds = secret societies..should this thread we upgraded.
IMHO

I would say that they will hoard it, instead of trade in it.
YOu can bet that if they are going out of gold futures, there's a lot more to it than the article suggests.
Good find

[Edited on 16-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
your darn right dont tread on me ....thats exactly what they are going to do is horde it!!!
so when the bottom drops out they can wield the power and make the decisions....you can bet they have incredible amounts of gold.....things are going to start moving very fast now my friends and there plans are starting to be revealed are saving grace maybe that people are becoming aware of this and they are going to screw up because there plans are having to put into motion before there planned timeline !!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Currency is no longer valued on gold. The Rothschilds are international bankers. Who gives a # about gold when they can make money out of massive debt which is growing more and more.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Fiat paper currency has never worked for long, not ever in all of recorded history. Since 1971 the whole world is now on worthless paper currency which can be printed in unlimited amounts.

The whole paper asset bubble is about to implode, paper currency, bonds, stocks. This has happened many times before. The Rothschild's have been around for 250 years, they have seen it all happen before.

To me this indicates the collapse is very near. If you are not totally out of debt, and have your assets in gold and silver, you are going to be financially crushed.

In the great depression the markets failed, but the US dollar and all world currencies were backed by gold and silver. This time the markets will crash again, and so will the worlds worthless paper currencies. For this reason it will be much worse this time around.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Wouldn't the opposite also apply...to be in debt up to your eyeballs?

After all, credit is nothing more than paper money. It will be the lenders that suffer, not so much the consumers. If everyone is bankrupt save the gold hoarders, aren't well all in the same boat?

Also, revolutions start when the division between the very rich and the rest of the community goes way out of bounds. History...also repeats itself in other arenas...financial, political, social.

I have felt for a long time that our inflated bubbling eco nightmare cannot be supported indefinitely.

No one can get the proverbial blood out of a turnip. If no one has any money to pay for things with, then we will all return to barter.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
That is exactly the whole point.

Your home has value only because someone else has sufficient money to purchase it at an agreed value. If everyone in USA is flat broke, your home is worth zero because that is all anyone could afford to pay for it.

Bonds are worth zero, because it is money you have loaned to someone else. If they cannot afford to pay you interest, or repay the principle you have done your money.

Shares are worth zero, because everyone thinks company XYZ is worth so much. But not everyone can sell. As soon as maybe ten percent sell, the price drops like a rock. Very few can recover their money. The very early birds do well, the majority lose everything.

Paper money is worth nothing. It costs no more to print a $100 bill than a $5 bill. All it is is paper. You cannot eat it, you can only burn it to keep warm. If nobody wants your money it is as worthless as old newspaper.

All paper assets are a promise by someone else to pay you. If that someone else is broke, your paper promise is worth nothing.

So what will happen will be a cascade of debt defaults. Your employer goes broke and cannot pay you. There is no income tax so government pensions cannot be paid, or government employees paid.

What will happen is the Fed will print more and more paper to pay government debts, and it will become worthless. Just as it did in Germany just before WW2.

Gasoline at $50,000 per gallon ? silly eh ! Wait till they start printing those million dollar US notes.

Stay out of debt, at least you will have somewhere to live. If you cannot repay your loans to the bank, the court will take away everything you have. When you object, they will shoot you dead.

When this thing takes off gold will rise to unbelievable value. Gold is compact, easy to hide and carry. For all of recorded history Gold has been a refuge and store of value during wars, revolutions, invasions, and financial collapses. It has stood the test of time, and it will again.

Three things you must do. Get out of debt. Convert paper assets to gold or silver. Keep a low profile, live modestly and wait for things to get better.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i agree with you warpspeed .....the Rothchilds are directly behind whats going on and they with the other leaders of NWO are going to create a collapse hear in the near future and cause mayhem.....that way they can implement there plans and offer there terrible solution.....Chips for all.....they have been fixing the price of gold for years and now they want to pull out !!!!

This should be making headlines across the world....

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It won't be making big headlines because the most powerful media companies are owned by a handfull of indiviuals who are affilated with the NWO.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i agree mr steve ...when 10 families own 80% of the media and there directly or indirectly part of the NWO the end result is censorship....
Thats why i always have a good laugh when someone comes up with some facts flaunted by the mainstream media as if it were gospel to try to shoot down someone who may come up with contradictory info...
as far as im concerned the weather and the feel good stories are the only ones that can be somewhat trusted and we know about the weather
and some feel good stories are also propaganda...u just have to able to discern between whats bull and what isnt.....most people just accept the news they hear read or see as the truth

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why did they let everyone know their decision???

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
well whats your theory bruno ???
and what percentage of the population do you think really knows about this ????.....its small thats for sure...

They didnt exactly anounce this thing over a loud speaker or have a big anouncement published in all the papers....
if they stepped down of course somebody is going to catch wind of it .......
It sure is amazing you wont see this on any news show that ive recently been tuned into !!!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

from the article I quote:
The move is part of Rothschild's plans to halt all commodities trading out of London as it becomes less profitable.

Last year, the business generated just 2.2% of the bank's income, down from more than 8% five years earlier.

I wouldn't say that BBC is a weak speaker or an almost unread news site.

Now my opinion:

it looks to me that this historical bank is just shifting its interests outside of TRADING gold, as many have said above.

And this news is probably not that big deal since, even if it is reported in quite a few news sites, it didn't get to first page in any of those sites.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
"Rothschild is German for "red shield", and Bower's son adopted the name."--from the link energy_wave gave. Just an observation, and I'm new to all of this...Rothschild=red shield, and red shield=...Salvation Army...?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
hoard gold, not likely, Roosevelt made it illegal for a common citizen to own gold at one time. One reason Kennedy got killed was he did not want to borrow from the federal reserve/world bank. He believed in the silver cerificate. The money was backed by silver, not virtual abstract figures... He knew a economy not backed by gold or silver would collaspe, or fall slave to the lender.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The price of gold is manipulated by short selling. There are two gold markets operating together, true physical gold sales, and the paper futures market.

The paper market is huge compared to the real physical gold market and is what controls the price.

In very simplistic terms, this is what happens.

Suppose gold is trading at $400 per ounce.

I come up and say I will sell you all the gold you want at $390 for delivery next month. This is the best deal in town, so everyone buys my futures contracts, and the price drops ten dollars.

At the end of the month, I say boy have I got a deal for you. I can supply all the gold you want for $380 for delivery next month, how about rolling over your existing contract and save yourself $10

Next month.................do it again at $360, and so on.

The price of gold continues to drop, the paper dealers both buyers and sellers make a PAPER profit, and NO ACTUAL GOLD CHANGES HANDS.

While all this is going on the Indians, Asians, and Middle Eastern countries are buying real gold and jacking the price back up bit by bit.

This can go on forever until someone puts up their hand up, and refuses to roll over their contract, demanding actual delivery.

The whole situation is near flash point because the supply of real gold for sale is fast running out. As soon as the futures buyers start to demand delivery the game is up. The writers of all those contracts are bankrupt because they have not enough gold to cover the contracts.

If you or I wrote a cheque for fifty million dollars and had zip money in the bank, that would be fraud. But you can write a futures contact to deliver a commodity at a future date for a fixed price, even though you have nothing in your warehouse. That is futures trading, and it's quite legal. Most futures traders are not interested in corn, pork bellies, or gold, they just try to make money on the paper contracts.

Rothschild's are smart enough to realise the game is almost over for paper gold, so they have decided to get completely out of the paper futures trading game.

They still plan to trade real gold though, just as they have for 250 years. The game is now almost up for the paper gold guys. When the poo hits the fan, gold is going to shoot straight up in price. All the futures guys are going to try to buy enough gold to cover their promises, and gold in that quantity is just not available.

The price will just explode upwards.

If you are smart and buy real gold or silver, or gold or silver mining shares now, you are going to do extremely well in the very near future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join