It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Flags?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ATS has a system that allows members to flag content the feel is worthwhile and should be seen and discussed by other members.

Would it be equally worthwhile to have a "False Flag" right next to it?

It could indicate a general displeasure or general skeptisicm on a particular post. It wouldn't have to actually do anything, just alert members that a particular number of users thought it wasn't worth the time to waste or was suspect? (although it would be nice to have that alter the positing of the post on the Front Page)

At the very least, perhaps even have a percentage next to the flags 55/45 depending on the flag ratio?

I personally do not make many comments on ATS, I ususally just read a lot and internally make my determinations, but the comments I do make tend to be a bit negative, usually in threads where I believe the poster is being genuinely dishonest, lying or otherwise "misinformed", it is usually a thread with a high flag count and also a high "oppositional" post count.

It is misleading to get drawn into a discussion based on popularity and flags and find out it is just another "planet-X" is coming thread.

Granted, I am in no way an expert on anything but I would imagine there are a lot of peole like me who get frustrated by the popularity of the ogus postings and this might help let the cream rise to the top no?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Suggestions can be submitted to the staff through our suggestions function or submitted to the thread above.

This is a topic that comes up every few weeks and it is the same story each time. If someone doesn't want to flag something, just don't. "False flags" or any demerit system can and will be exploited in the same manner that the naysayers of current systems complain of.

If you peak around the board, you'll see countless threads on this topic.

Closing thread...

new topics

join