It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Well, my thing is that I don't want anyone to feel like they've been left out or that things have been done unfairly. On the other hand, I know I've spent nearly 36 hours discussing and we're no further along than where we were at page 25.

If staff pick can resolve that - so be it. It may be the only way to proceed with this.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Which si why i said yes to Loem, but i only agreed to it, if the majority of Nominees Agreed.

Again, i agree with you completely, on one hand, i feel bad for the sap that was sleeping and missed out on this thread, but on the other side, the poor sap was sleeping, while for 24 hours(16 hours straight, man i have no life ROFL), many others were discussing how to solve this, including me. Wait, make it 36 hours. So, i am kind of in the middle, i want this thing to work, and be done, and i also feel bad for the people that missed out.

Regardless Loems Tally will fail.

Again, if Staff(I am all for this too) can choose, so be it.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
does discussion of illegal and mind altering drugs affect ad revenue,,,,,as in some may not advertise on a site discussing this

from a money standpoint i'm sure this was an easy decision

john lear is probably chuckling as we speak

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Change that opinion to staff pick...there is no need to distance the rest of the community.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
does discussion of illegal and mind altering drugs affect ad revenue,,,,,as in some may not advertise on a site discussing this

According to the U2U update, it's so more people can have access to the site when they're at school or work (where they should be doing their jobs not reading ATS), and it in turn alienates and insults a MAJOR online demographic.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually... once could easily argue, with logic, that given the current cultural conditions and Internet meme surround these topics, we'd gain traffic by continuing to support drug-related topics.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Yeah it's really been like 31 hours...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Yea, and i can Vouch for the main people that have been on here all day. Figuring things out. Actually the more i think of it, the more i want Loems tally to fail. Seriously, i do not want to start fro scratch again.

i have been on ATS since Nine this morning, i have no life

Upside, is that i didn't miss a beat of this thread.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Me, neither.

And, my headache can attest to that.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A good way of predicting the future is to study the past. After all, "history repeats itself," right?
I think we should ponder for a minute where this site is heading, by looking at the past.

With this new ban, NONE of the following topics can be discussed. Since a hefty number of these topics can be found on ATS already, there's no harm in mentioning a few:

American Govt. Involved in Drug Trafficking.

'___' and the CIA

CIA plane crashes with 4 tons of coc aine on board.

CIA: Worlds Largest Illegal Drug Distributers.

CIA: Drug Money Laundering

Corrupt Police Department: 52 Indicted officers

NYPD Officer Caught in Drug Scandal, Sells Out Fellow Officers

Police Officer Charged With Selling Drugs

Mexico Dismisses 400 Corrupt Police Officers

and my favorite:
'___' is the Root Cause of All Religion.

So my friends, lets just sit back and remember all of the scandals and reasons why our Govt. acts the way it does. Lets reminisce (in our heads of course as we can't talk about it) why police officers have become so corrupt. And let ponder on how religion got started in the first place.

[a moment of silence please]

Lets look towards the bright future of this site. Lets think about all the subjects and conspiracies we may uncover.
Uh oh! I hope none of those conspiracies are found to have anything to do with illegal drugs, we'll have to stop the discussion!

Now, lets think "what if" for a moment.
What if we find out that the root cause behind the 9/11 attacks had something to do with drugs? No more 9/11 talk.
What if a current event topic unfolds involving smoking gun evidence against the CIA drug smuggling claims and an official investigation is launched? Can't talk about it here.
What if the Pope admits to smoking Marijuana, which would lead to questioning the entire Christian faith? Better yet, what if the Dead Sea Scrolls are released and we find out Jesus did? Sorry folks. gonna have to post that somewhere else.

These are all "what ifs," but those who frequent this site know that anything is possible. Its time to take a cold hard look at the future of this site. Lets study the past. What govt. has ever lasted? What empire has never fallen? They rise to great success and popularity, and before you know it they start attacking their own citizens by taking away rights one by one. Look at what the Patriot act did to our patriotism.

This site, if it continues to suppress its users with backwards legislation, will go down the toilet.

How about a negotiation?
We know these topics are important.
How about a new forum is created where the talk of these Important Drug Related Topics can be talked about civilly.? Keep all the old rules, and apply them only to that forum. People still cant talk talk about personal use etc. etc. All the other forums can operate under the new rules.
Also, if your worried about having such discussion on ATS, keep the posts from that forum from making the front page on ATS. People who have subscribed can still see all the important threads under the "MY ATS" function, but non of the posts will make the headlines. This way, we dont have to be ignorant to VERY VERY relevant, and important issues.

-Odessy

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Yea, what was that, like ten pages ago, either this thread is moving fast or Your headache must hurt.

Possibly both. Anyways, i suppose Skeptic Overlord Will Way the Pros and Cons.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Hahaha... you have it, too? I thought it was just me.
At least my zoology project is done now.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'd object to the list in this current scenario where the staff picks from the current nominees.

link   
Why don't you guys count up the top 5 that have posted the most in this thread and make them your committee?

IMO, they are the ones who are most vocal over the issue.

Just a suggestion.

link   
I'd like a Moderator to please let us know if this thread that was just posted is correct:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With this new ban, NONE of the following topics can be discussed. Since a hefty number of these topics can be found on ATS already, there's no harm in mentioning a few:
American Govt. Involved in Drug Trafficking.
'___' and the CIA CIA plane crashes with 4 tons of coc aine on board.
CIA: Worlds Largest Illegal Drug Distributers.
CIA: Drug Money Laundering
Corrupt Police Department: 52 Indicted officers
NYPD Officer Caught in Drug Scandal, Sells Out Fellow Officers
Police Officer Charged With Selling Drugs
Mexico Dismisses 400 Corrupt Police Officers

Actually, while I was creating this post, I see that above mine, the OP reposted his thread, so if reply to him, then ignore mine.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

link   
reply to post by Odessy

Yea Odessy,

were way ahead of you buddy

Read the updates, and then come back

link   
Everyone go to bed, the elections can wait, as it stands now not one of the chosen ones have produced a valid birth certificate therefore none may be eligible.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

HAHAAAA! That made me laugh so hard.
I need to just be quiet and drink my tea now.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
I'd object to the list in this current scenario where the staff picks from the current nominees.

would you prefer that we go ahead with nominees voting among themselves with Benevolent Heretic overseeing the vote?

This is not a snarky comment, it is an honest question. If you'd rather we did the voting ourselves I would seriously consider changing my support for staff picking. Especially if more than one voice came out to prefer nominee vote to staff pick.

If it doesn't matter to you either way, it's no good unless it's an open member vote, then I'll stick with my support for staff picking.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Indeed arcon, you have been our "shining light in the valley of darkness". Props for hanging in there and seeing this through.

BenevolentHereitic get's the "Achievement Award" for this one ... maybe even honorable mention as the "Lemming Award" recipient for spear-heading this ballot. LMAO.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join