It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You hit the nail on the head, the singled the drugs out, but when it comes to all the other rules they can enforce them like they always have, but no talking at all about drugs, not even if its an intelligent discussion.

Maybe if mods did their jobs we wouldn't be having this problem ya know?

I'm not really worried about it because I know ATS is probably going to regret this decision and it will get repealed.

And I think ATS is going to have far more work to do when trying to enforce this rule than the old one.

ATS COMPLETELY went against their motto.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by ranhome
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Nice side track. Do you see danger in taxing something that should be free?

No.

I don't think the government will ever legalize pot or any other substance... there is too much profit to be made from the "war on drugs." Instead I think the "under-30" crowd has been thrown a distracting bone during these exceptionally stressful times. Look around... how much as the legalization issue dominated other sites that are popular in the culture? Shouldn't we be focused on more important issues? We're on the precipice of financial armageddon that will effect everyone world-wide, and suddenly pot legalization becomes a dominant story? Come on. It's obvious.

I personally can't think of a more important issue. People are rotting in prison who are otherwise law-abiding citizens because of posession of a plant. People with otherwise clean criminal records have had their lives ruined because of this rediculious notion of prohibition.

Outlawing the discussion of an entire subject isn't the answer.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Wait...you're still here? I thought you told everyone you were leaving!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Lame rule change but what do I know? Maybe the motto should be deny ignorance (for most topics).

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
reply to post by Monger

Wait...you're still here? I thought you told everyone you were leaving!

I changed my mind when my post was deleted and I was docked a thousand points.

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord...
This drastic action has been taken to "normalize" the board and get us back to an environment where real issues rule the day.

Finally, from the horses mouth, we know why this is an issue at all. you'd certainly ban me for telling my story, but will say this 'non-issue' saved my life, making it pretty real for me, and thousands of others.

All you had to do, was institute this zero tolerance from the beginning, and when asked, state the reason for such is simply for the fact that you are that far above those who would discuss such matters.

edit to fix bbcode

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Unit541]

link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I can understand the legal pressures behind some of these decisions.

If you read my responses, my post here, and Springer's opening post... you'll see that our decision had nothing to do with legalities.

link   

This drastic action has been taken to "normalize" the board and get us back to an environment where real issues rule the day.

This is a remarkably ominous quote given what ATS used to stand for.

Color me shocked and more than a little disappointed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I see what your saying, but isn't ATS about questioning the government?

Even the Legal and Illegal Aspects of it?

If were only aloud to discuss the legal Aspects of ones own government, than hell, the government has one.

link   

Originally posted by Monger
I personally can't think of a more important issue. People are rotting in prison who are otherwise law-abiding citizens because of posession of a plant.

You could make that argument about a lot of crimes. "He's only rotting in prison because he molested a kid! Otherwise he's a law abiding citizen!" "He's only rotting in jail because he had the materials to make a bomb. Otherwise, he's a law abiding citizen." A bit of hyperbole on my part, but I think you see the point.

Though, considering the obtuseness quotient on this board the past few days, I won't count on it.

link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

You obviously aren't understanding where im coming from, i'm not talking about using illegal drugs, i'm talking about the facts, what the benefit is of using them, what we know as fact.

But ATS seems to think that facts can't be discussed because the mods can't do their jobs and simply ban or delete the post a certain user makes about using drugs in an illegal manner, period.

And actually hate speech isn't aloud on these forums, and i would count homophobia and racism in that category but very rarely do i see posts containing them deleted or modded.

Their is another reason behind this, I simply don't buy the one ATS owners are throwing out their.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm in the freaking Twilight Zone here.

Wouldn't that be more of a reason to leave?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I personally can't think of a more important issue. People are rotting in prison who are otherwise law-abiding citizens because of posession of a plant.

You could make that argument about a lot of crimes. "He's only rotting in prison because he molested a kid! Otherwise he's a law abiding citizen!" "He's only rotting in jail because he had the materials to make a bomb. Otherwise, he's a law abiding citizen." A bit of hyperbole on my part, but I think you see the point.

Though, considering the obtuseness quotient on this board the past few days, I won't count on it.

I've never seen a more insane leap of logic.

The difference is marijuana has never harmed anybody, molestation ruines lives. I was molested as child, and I'm pretty messed up mentally because of it.

link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Maybe if mods did their jobs we wouldn't be having this problem ya know?

outnumbered umpteen thousand to 40 or so, staff members in virtually every timezone on the planet, with thousands of posts made every day.

If ALL members would consider the following...
YOU are responsible for your own posts

... then perhaps this wouldn't have proven necessary.

?
?

link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
You obviously aren't understanding where im coming from, i'm not talking about using illegal drugs, i'm talking about the facts, what the benefit is of using them, what we know as fact.

No, I understand. And I think the policy (while I understand it) is heavy-handed. But sometimes it is necessary to use an elephant-gun to kill a fly.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'm in the freaking Twilight Zone here.

Wouldn't that be more of a reason to leave?

I suppose mannors and decorum doesn't apply when you're towing the company line huh?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

I agree there I think that the drugs subject is a subject that absolutely must be talked about or addressed in some way. This is a conspiracy site isn’t it s let’s talk about the real conspiracies oh wait we can’t.

Deny Ignorance

I very much want to I really do and I think that the drugs subject is a definite subject that must be spoken about you can’t just hide it away and hope that it isn’t there anymore it doesn’t work like that.

link   

Shouldn't we be focused on more important issues?

Sorry but to some of us it is very important.

Now I understand the ATS attitude. You don't take Medical Cannabis seriously do you? You don't grasp the importance of this issue.

For someone who is has chronic pain, it is one of the most important things I have.

But beyond that it is a political and cultural issue. It is a perfect example of how the government really treats it's citizens. A state law that was voted in by a majority in 1996 is ignored by the feds, that is a big of an issue as the Cannabis itself imo.

This oppression of discussion is what helps keep it demonised and illegal. We've been fighting this ignorance for years, and you have just stepped backwards.

link   

The difference is marijuana has never harmed anybody...

Really now?

When someone buys marijuana (or any other illegal drug) where does that money go? It isn't to charity or orphanages.

Stop and think about it for a little bit, then get back to me on that whole "pot never hurt anyone" bit.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If you're decisions had nothing to do with legality and were not taken under any sort of duress that, in my book, just makes them worse.

I did read the posts, but I'm focusing on the actions not the spiel in my comments.

One last request, from me:

Deny Ignorance

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Zepherian]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join