It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
There isn't much going into this committee membership but becoming a vehicle to deliver the opinions of what ATS members want.

Isn't that what this whole thread has been about?

At least they give us the option...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Guys, please. This thread is 7 hours old and hell, I can't refresh my browser quick enough to keep up with it. Why don't we chill until Admin can catch up with it?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sadly, I am just about outie for the night - unless I can connect at home (an intermittant thing).

I suggest that, as skeptic1 has offered to do, a summary of this thread and what we are trying to accomplish be posted. Also, I like the idea of a voting thread with a short written "speach" from each accepting candidate.

And the votes should be collected over a 48 hour period (at least) so that the greater part of ATS can have a voice.

See you all soon!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Can't you temporarily close it til you catch up... would be easier.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thread should be closed temporarily, give members time to breath.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Can't you temporarily close it til you catch up... would be easier.

Also wouldn't be fair. We've got Aussies and Kiwis that are just getting out of bed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've been saying to temporarily close it for awhile anyway, to let other members have a chance to read what's going on.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

This has been realized.
I am not doing anything more until the mods or admins check in and give some direction. They are discussing this, too, I'm sure. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

I thought the Admin and mods had already expressed their opinion at the very beginning of this thread. It went like this:

Originally posted by Springer
After much thought, much discussion among the staff, and a FAILED, many month long, experiment to see if these topics could be discussed in a mature, "NO user story" manner, ANY discussion of illegal drugs or mind altering substances (even if they are legal in your country, state, province, county or city) ends today, Wednesday 25 February, 2009 at the time of this post.

Springer...

That sounded pretty final to me.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

This sounds good. I'm going to withdraw my name from the nomination. I want to be involved in the forum, but it's really not important to me to be on the committee.

Thanks for the nominations, though!

Originally posted by darcon

We need to lower the list regardless. I am going to step down. I think there are better people for the job, and this is going to effect a lot of people. Though i am still going to be throwing suggestions out there, and i very much want to be a part of this War on Drug Forum, but i do not want ot be in some sort of election.
Is there anyone else who want to step down from the list?

Anyone else stepping down.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by darcon]

link   

Fair enough.

But everything has been discussed....a new thread is being drawn up as an overview/summary of this thread.
A voting thread has been drafted....

people can still read this thread if it's closed... so i think it would be easier if it was temporarily closed. JMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Select four or five members who are sincerely concerned about the conspiracy and cover-up stories within drug topics, pharmacology topics, and the "war on drugs."

This is from SOs update to Springers thread. Can you read it people? They say select four or five who are CONCERNED about the drugs being covered up. Are these people concerned about this? Most of them are indifferent at the moment.

I am concerned about this cover up of drug talk on this board, as well as many others who have been beaten down by some of the so-called unopinionated of the bunch.

This thread has been derailed. It is not what is asked and not what you have suggested to the ATS hierarchy. If you are going to take the reigns and be leading this then you should know what the hell your talking about before you start saying your going to bring this up to the ATS staff.

Read the opening post BH and RS.... If you lead, you must follow first.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Shouldn't the nominees be contacted by u2u to find out if they are stepping down or not? Some of them are not keeping up with the thread as they are not online...

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Can you update the list please so that I can incorporate it in my summary??

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
[edit on 25-2-2009 by spliff4020]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

I've said like nine times that I think people should be allowed to talk about it on here. If you don't believe me, go back into the thread and look. I'm not indifferent, they have a right to discuss it, in all areas of the website where it's acceptable. Medical issues in Medical, hemp for textiles and fuel in Science and Economy, and recreational or currently illegal use to get high in the new "War on Drugs" forum with or without the personal stories thing, but I don't think personal experiences with having hallucinations or getting addicted or whatever is a good thing. Talking about it's spiritual benefits and the criminalization of it is fine.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nominations:

Maxmars
Cutwolf
Whatuknow
CavemanDD
ToTheTenthPower
DocGonzo
Frankidealist35
Daystar
Unit541
Ahabstar
Pieman
Anok
Loam
Jasonjnelson
tyranny22
omega85
ravenshadow13
Saviour Complex
spliff4020
N Tesla
Schrodingers Dog
Skeptic1
Amaterasu
Budski

[edit on 25-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I didn't have time to read all the pages of this thread.

Why did the staff pick drugs as the one topic we can't discuss?

What about all the other illegal activities discussed on this thread every day?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Yeah, a lot of these people haven't accepted nomination. I think we need a staff member to contact them and ask, perhaps direct them to this thread?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Here:

"Shortly after our failed experiment began, we noticed an increase in the number of people who seek only disruption, use insults and immature, snide remarks when interacting their fellow members.

It is sadly no coincidence that the number of complaints, and even threads in this forum, about incivility and immaturity rose in number while our failed experiment ran its course. The data shows these topics attract a type of user that is simply not wanted here and detracts from the thousands of interesting and important discussions that happen here everyday. "

Post 1 by Springer

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join