It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

But how can you prove somethings positive without ever trying it??? To say I have to tip toe because I'd be "afraid" of being banned for something that is me? How could I be anything other then myself, If I were to say it's great for meditation I believe that me being a user would be understood, so I would still be in violation, see what I'm getting at?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by kcfusion
I dont think it would be elitest to have a 10,000/ 5,000 point requirement for god sake its only 1 subject that a new member could not have a say in. And if a new member has a genuine interest in the subject then he is only 10,000 / 5,000 points away from having their say in this 1 subject!

It's not only new members though..

Many older members don't have those kind of points either.
It i s not fair to make this points based, at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
like i said less ego stroking more getting work done.

And that is why I am going to nominate you...

...if you haven't already been.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

That's how it always is, though.

It does need to be discussed seriously.

link   
reply to post by Unit541

Well thankfully I'm not the only one thinking about this, to say you could have a fair debate without any people who have actually used the substance is rediculous.

link   
Here's the updated list. I have to take my dogs out.
But I'll pick up here when I get back.

Reddupo
Benevolent Heretic
Maxmars
Cutwolf
Whatuknow
CavemanDD
ToTheTenthPower
DocGonzo
Frankidealist35
Daystar
Unit541
Ahabstar
Pieman
Darcon
Anok
Loam
Jasonjnelson
tyranny22
omega85
ravenshadow13
SaviorComplex
spliff4020
Monger
N Tesla

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

link   
Well... It's looking better. I would love to nominate m'self, but for the fact that I cannot guarantee internet access daily. [sigh]

I sure hope we can get past this to a workable solution.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by skeptic1

i understand that but this is turning into more of a prom queen kind vote then a real vote.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't forget Monger.

link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I really think that this explains it well enough. Besides, no personal information should be posted, you know? The drugs that you've done recreationally is pretty personal. There are other places to get that information. Maybe they would allow excerpts from random non-member blogs about how they make you feel. I wouldn't be pushing it now, we're just trying to give a fair chance to even talk about it.

Tesla, I don't think this is a prom queen thing. Just saying. I think everyone nominated has a fair grasp of what's going on.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I suppose the need for another forum on this topic seems appropriate to cover everything involved with substance abuse by individuals, groups, corporations or government conspiracies. But I do think some of these sensitive topics or articles should be locked threads rather than lengthy ones with many of the same comments.

I would think this could be added to the debate forum and members could submit 'third person' statements or hypothetical scenarios through a representative like a lawyer in a class action law suit. A jury of peers or ATS members etc.

Pros, cons and suspects as in guilty parties, such as allegedly the CIA.

Stars represent votes and talleys and then........

The debate forum and ATS news Video & media. Who will be our anchors?

The statements of personal use suggests an illegal activity that could jeopardize members privacy and a threat to site security?

link   
reply to post by TNT13

If you can't discuss the topic without recounting your personal experiences, then it isn't the forum for you.

It needs to be more of an objective place to discuss things; not a haven for personal drug-use stories. You can give your opinion on the topic without injecting personal use into it.

Or, at least, I hope people can. If not, this whole discussion is for nothing.

link   
reply to post by Monger

Monger, dude, concerning your avatar . . .
Don't let the newly-formed committee examine that avatar of yours too closely and vote on it.

Oh, yes, indeeeeed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by TNT13

I think that even a Wikipedia on marijuana would describe it's effects, you know?

From a medical standpoint, and no offense meant, but this comment is laughable. A medical patient may find complete relief from their ailment by one strain, and only aggravate their condition with another. Patients depend on other patients' experience to determine what medicine will work the best for them.

link   
reply to post by Reddupo

The one drug topic that cannot be talked about without personal stories is Legalization. How else would one think something is a good idea without personal testimonials?

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

2 votes left for saviour.

I wonder how this will work though. Will the mods review this thread, and choose five out of the nominated?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by darcon]

link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I got him.

And Amaterasu, if you want to nominate yourself, I'm not sure daily access is necessary, As long as you stay involved, maybe a few times a week, I think it would work.
Let me know.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's always a sad moment when a person has their speech restricted.

Especially when it's due to a few bad apples that probobly won't be here very long anyway. I will respect the decision the Amigos have made, but at the same time I've lost a little respect for them because of it. I believe a dedicated forum and more mods and/or modding could have easily fixed this problem.

The trolls responsible for this will look at it as some type of victory, and which topic will they target next?
Now that they know such an act is possible, in opens up a whole new can of worms.

This is the first time, that I can recall in my near two years here at ATS, that we've had to totally abandon a single topic of discussion all together.

link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

So people who say "I smoke pot all the time" and post with a tone that the mods think is inappropriate, wouldn't be granted access.

What is the difference between the above and "I take paxil all the time. I know the side effects of paxil." Both have side effects, THCs side effects have been called other things too. How about alcohol? Are you going to ban those that state they drink alcohol all the time or on the weekend when I'm able?

link   
reply to post by pieman

How would you try to legalize something without personal testimonials of postive use???? We need testimonials, doesn't exactly mean you have to describe "how you use".

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join