It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by matth

Nobody had anything to quip back at me about my last point. Did I just make a point/respectful appeal that cannot be argued?

No, everyone is just tired of arguing.

We are moving on, the committee is formed, many members are backing them up, Moot points really, but by all means continue.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I agree. You're dinner plate is a safe place for crows right now, lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by matth

Sleight of hand matth...

This was designed to distract everyone long enough to separate the initial reaction to the announcement (even though its not new) from the engineered reaction, which will occur when this fails...

Even if they give us a new forum, which is unlikely, it will close in a few months tops... and we'll hear how it failed...

You can't go into a meeting seeking an agreement if you don't know the driving motivations behind such a decree.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Anyone have an indication of how long until we have an announcement of a decision?

Watching the game when it moves slow is rather boring...

At the moment there's a glitch and three of us don't have access to the DISC forum yet. Just an update.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well congratulations to all who have been picked to represent the people who are all for NOT losing free speech. As I stated earlier in this monstrous thread, I hope the those that are chosen understand what it is they are suppose to be doing on this committee. Fighting to keep talk of this type here on ATS, no matter what. I've had lots of suggestions within my 30 plus posts on this thread, I'm hoping that those on the DISC will listen to my posts and maybe use some of these suggestions, as they will prevent any stifling of speech at all when considered against some of the others I've heard. Feel free to ask for any other suggestions that may feed off some of the those I've mentioned already.

Rgds and All the best in your DISCovery...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

We're suggesting that a thread be started for members to make suggestions. Also, any member can contact us with their concerns at any time. And I don't think any of us support losing free speech ^_^. We want to find a good middle ground option to make the largest amount of members happy.

Take care.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
reply to post by matth

Sleight of hand matth...

This was designed to distract everyone long enough to separate the initial reaction to the announcement (even though its not new) from the engineered reaction, which will occur when this fails...

Even if they give us a new forum, which is unlikely, it will close in a few months tops... and we'll hear how it failed...

You can't go into a meeting seeking an agreement if you don't know the driving motivations behind such a decree.

Like shooting fish in a barrel eh?

This is without a doubt the biggest joke I've witnessed on ATS, and I think I (some of us) already know the punchline.

Ironically, one of the outcomes from all this will be "friending, foeing and ignoring" between members. I for one, certainly felt the urge on many occasions within this thread to hit a button or two....and still may.

All that has really been accomplished so far is a move towards further division of members which can only result in grief.

Way to go!
I still believe this is about control and money (in that order), and nothing can change my mind on that. My conclusion is based on more than what goes on just within these walls....Google is OUR friend.

Dare you peer down the rabbit hole and shatter the looking glass?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by matth
We've got a one shot chance at getting this issue resolved, all I'm saying is let's not waste it and go into this thing divided.
Let's do a re-vote!

It's over man...

Just walk away...seriously.

Let them get on with it..

We've been asking for a re-vote for over 24 hours....we have been IGNORED.

Leave them to it.... Deny ignorance mate

[edit on 27/2/09 by blupblup]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Congratulations to:

Schrodingers Dog
Skeptic1
Maxmars
Americandingbat
ravenshadow13
nyk537

Good group. I think that a good sollution to this problem will come from these bright and outstanding members.

I think that the best ones were chosen

If any of you need some outside input or help Im always a u2u away
good luck guys your going to need it

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thread Announcement

At the top of every page of this thread you will see the following:

This thread is an "ATS Big-Thread" and subject to more strict moderation.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C
violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

With that said the staff will be keeping a close eye on this thread and there will be very little room for off topic posts, one liners, baiting posts and attacks on other members. There will be no further verbal warnings here and strict adherence to the Terms and Conditions of use will enforced. We will remove posts, give red flag warnings, remove points and take other disciplinary action not excluding the post banning of your account if this thread warning is not adhered to from this point forward.

Obviously the staff would prefer not to take strict action but we will do what is necessary to keep this thread on topic and civilized.

If you would like to read more about this policy you may go here:

New ATS Policy For Very-Large Threads

Civility and Decorum are Required

Again no further verbal warnings will be issued. Thanks for your understanding and compliance.

Thank You,
ATS Staff

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Without wanting to put too harsh a boot in..

This is a difficult subject. Making it more difficult by throwing a personal disagreement into the thread, does not help.

So please, focus on the issues being discussed, and not on each other. Progress is being made here on all sides. Don't blow it by letting ego's get in the way.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Could we please discontinue the personal attacks?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Lol at moderators; I was just going to post this:

Hey, since this part of thread is about 'members deciding for themselves', I want to sort of follow in that line of thought. I hope no one is offended if I 'play moderator' for a second and just encourage everyone to take a few deep breaths and 'follow the ball, not the player' (or whatever that quote is). Let's not chew each other up, let's discuss whatever ongoing topics such as everyone wants. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I would very much like that

Sorry for the off topic posts, but i needed to say my piece.

Regardless, whats done is done.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Might I suggest this thread be closed and a new thread opened in order for relevant suggestions to be posted (for the committee members to ponder)?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

I figure the committee members will make kind of initial statement, when they've had a chance to settle and get organized a bit. Even if it's something as simple as "go away and let us do our jobs". I think this thread should remain open until then.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
To everyone:

reply to post by Maxmars

3 - We must assert (probably at the beginning of every thread which touches upon this type of topic) a notice to all potential participants and readers that we are aware of the content, that it does not constitute a promotion of engaging in illegal activities and that we are holding all commenter to a strict policy of mature, thoughtful, and sincere participation. That's doesn't mean it has to read like a medical journal; just that we don't need to include proselytizers of NORML etc, detracting from the subject.

Maxmars is on to something here.
I believe anyone posting or repling to a drug thread should get a warning of some sort stating that the post must follow ATS rules at all time. To take this one step further, I believe all drug related post need to be reviewed by our fine mods before being released for all to read.

By the way I've been in the hospital a few days and haven't had time to read all the post for this thread yet.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just to keep everyone "in the loop" so to speak.

As was expressed by americandingbat earlier, we had a small glitch with DISC access which is now remedied. We are at the moment just finding our feet around that forum and the topic itself.

Please bear and be patient with us, we are truly trying to move as efficiently as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join