It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother sets fire to her daughter's gloating rapist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Mother sets fire to her daughter's gloating rapist

www.telegraph.co.uk

A Spanish mother has taken revenge on the man who raped her 13-year-old daughter at knifepoint by dousing him in petrol and setting him alight. He died of his injuries in hospital on Friday.
Antonio Cosme Velasco Soriano, 69, had been sent to jail for nine years in 1998, but was let out on a three-day pass and returned to his home town of Benejúzar.
While there, he passed his victim's mother in the street and allegedly taunted her about the attack . He is said to have called out "How's your daughter?", before heading into a crowded bar.
Shortly after, the woman walked into the bar, poured a bottle of petrol over Soriano and lit a match. She watched as the flames engulfed him, before walking out.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-2-2009 by baseball101]

[edit: fixed all bold text]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This rapist makes me sick ... all rapist's do ... but to gloat about it in front of the mother of your victim? that's just asking for trouble! i personally think this serves him right! he asked for it ... one thing i don't understand is why that guy even said anything to her in the first place? i don't know what do you all think?

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-2-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
To say he was asking for it is ridiculous. A relative of the rapist will probably kill the mom, mom's relative will kill the other family, ect. That's not how things are done.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
To say he was asking for it is ridiculous.

He was let out on a three-day pass(with 2 years left to serve), returned to his home town and then taunted the mother when he saw her on the street.

He really might as well have said "please soak me in gasoline and set me ablaze because I am most definitely an a##hole."

[edit on 25-2-2009 by lombozo]

link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

You don't rape anyone, that is not how things are done. To taunt her openly was uncalled for for him to even live is uncalled for. Seems she rectified that issue.

link   

why? it's not like she's going to go taunt the guy's mom and be like, "hey how's your son doing, oh wait never mind he's dead."

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Good for him. I hope it was very painful. If someone did that to my daughter they would be dead before the case made it to trial.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

God forbid that never happens but will you just leave the rapist go free if this happens to your daughter??

I am not saying that every rapist has to be set on fire, ofcourse there are law and order to takecare of it. Still mom's reaction and emotions are acceptable.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What is so breaking about a article from 2005?

Still understandable but gruesome and endangering thing to do in a crowded bar.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wow...That actually warmed the cockles of my heart.
I wish we could do that to all rapists and pedophiles.
Good for her

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I know it's easy to say fry the rapist...but how does this really help?

Now the mom's going to jail...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow. I'm the mom of two teen girls (18 and 19) and I can't BEGIN to imagine how I would feel if that happened to one of my daughters. It would haunt me for my entire life. And no, violence doesn't solve anything, however, I think in a situation like that, where the guy actually taunted her, she really lost it - aka referred to as "nutting up" and couldn't help herself. Wow.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Europe it seems is not yet totally diseased.

I am reminded of the dad who shot and killed the sexual predator who molested his young son some years back here in the US.

The jury acquitted him of all charges at his subsequent murder trial.

I can only hope that this mother is viewed with the compassion that was denied her daughter by the animal that raped her.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think that rapists need to be disarmed.

Then there can be no repeat of the crime.

If I were on the jury, I would definitely be compassionate to the mother.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

someone buy this woman a drink

rapists are the lowest of all Humans and he got what was coming

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I like the idea of "disarming" all rapists.
The method may be a bit coarse... but, testing the amount of stretch of the human scrotum, utilizing these subjects, is experimentation I would gladly contribute funds toward.

He would be doing his taunting in an extremely high falsetto...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My hat is off to this woman. Anyone who worries about the "rights" of the rapist is not worth arguing with. Sounds like she let the system do it's job and they decided to let him out so he could go to a bar? Got what he deserved!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'd say she was justifiably aggravated into the assault.

Jury nullification in America, I wonder if they have that in Spain.

Let this woman go home and tell her daughter, "That nightmare is over, he will never harm you again." And have it be more than empty words.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Best news I've heard all day.
*Stands up and Cheers*...
And yes, I mean that, I am standing up and cheering this man roasted to death so no need to ask me if I'm being sarcastic or *really mean what I say*.
Yes I do.
And if he came out of it?
Fry him again.

Now I just pray it all works out for the Mother and her Daughter.
I so hope this freaks death gives them peace...

peace

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by ghaleon12
To say he was asking for it is ridiculous.

He was let out on a three-day pass(with 2 years left to serve), returned to his home town and then taunted the mother when he saw her on the street.

He really might as well have said "please soak me in gasoline and set me ablaze because I am most definitely an a##hole."

[edit on 25-2-2009 by lombozo]

Supposedly taunted her. I personally think she is full of stuff!

Second line.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join