It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Be Afraid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Their is no reason to be afraid at the current situation, well unless I give my powers and decision making to others that abuse it.

It's kind of letting a greedy, drunk, egotistical A-hole drive my car for me when I have a better sense of where to go than he does.

With all the bank failures and current implosion of our monetary system, corporate and government infrastructure, what truly matters in life?

What are we truly worth? Is it measure by hours of work, money, status, ego, title.

Ok let’s say everything collapses, money is worth nothing, gold, silver etc is really worth nothing because you can’t eat it, so what makes me, you, or any of us worth anything?

What skills will be worth something? What will our priorities be?

Those that have the valid skills to rebuild the new way of life will have the power. I believe compensation will not come from one corporate, governmental, or large entity source, but from the individual abilities, skills, inner strength and ethics.

IMO, I do not believe any paper pushing careers will be worth anything or even valued at all, in this new system. Why? Because they are disappearing, at an exponential rate, right before our very eyes. Things that truly do not matter are going bye, bye very quickly.
What is going to matter the most?

Relationships, ones that are based on trust, loyalty, compassion, love, instead of deceit, lies, corruption, self pride, greed, ego, and any other lower level vibrational state.

Now how do we lose our fears and empower ourselves?

I think staying healthy is very important, so food, rest and exercise will be number one, because if you don’t have those things you will not be able to perform any task effectively.

I don’t believe things will move very quickly after the complete collapse, in fact people are going to set different priorities on what is really important. Family will come first, are way of life today puts family last and the dysfunction shows everywhere and is accepted as the norm, basically most people don’t even know what a real family is anymore.

Compassion, caring, love, respect, ownership of ethics will be a high priority in our new society.

Now the list, Farmers, god bless these people they are the true backbone of the world and I thank the stars for them every day, Doctors will always be needed minus big pharma mentality, alternative healers, Carpenters, Electricians, Taylors, I think open markets will replace stores, some type of police presence, alternative energy workers like wind power, solar. I am sure many of you have other things to add, but it’s a start.

People really need to start helping each other.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Estimate# 1

The U.S. Bureau of Chemistry and Soils invested many a hard-earned tax dollar in calculating the chemical and mineral composition of the human body, which breaks down as follows:

65% Oxygen
18% Carbon
10% Hydrogen
3% Nitrogen
1.5% Calcium
1% Phosphorous
0.35% Potassium
0.25% Sulfur
0.15% Sodium
0.15% Chlorine
0.05% Magnesium
0.0004% Iron
0.00004% Iodine

Additionally, it was discovered that our bodies contain trace quantities of fluorine, silicon, manganese, zinc, copper, aluminum, and arsenic. Together, all of the above amounts to less than one dollar!

Our most valuable asset is our skin, which the Japanese invested their time and money in measuring. The method the Imperial State Institute for Nutrition at Tokyo developed for measuring the amount of a person's skin is to take a naked person, and to apply a strong, thin paper to every surface of his body. After the paper dries, they carefully remove it, cut it into small pieces, and painstakingly total the person's measurements. Cut and dried, the average person is the proud owner of fourteen to eighteen square feet of skin, with the variables in this figure being height, weight, and breast size. Basing the skin's value on the selling price of cowhide, which is approximately $.25 per square foot, the value of an average person's skin is about $3.50

Source

All in all, were worth around $4.50, however, this figure is subject to change due to stock market fluctuations.

Sorry if that was to literal but I can't help but feel it's somewhat close to the truth.

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Unfortunately that is how the powers that be or are in control of the current system think.

We need to really change that way of thinking and see the true value in everyone, minus a dollar amount.

I appreciate the reply and I agree that is how things are looked at these day and how everyone views each other.

How do we empower ourselves? That is the question will we rebuild one the same worthless foundation or find a better way of life?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Realtruth]

new topics

join