It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I continuing posting the older cases if it’s alright.
Here is a pretty scary experience of three fishermen with a big shining ball of light .

06-12-1958 www.waterufo.net...

The informant, also a fisherman, stated:

"Three of us, myself and two companions, had gone out to sea to drop our nets. It was 12 years ago, June 12, 1958. It was a very clear night, with a starry sky and the sea was calm. We saw a big shining dot of light in the sky, orange-coloured, with a touch of red to it. It grew bigger, and then it began to descend very fast towards the sea, and soon it was a great big globe which was lying on the surface of the water. (Fig.)
"Just lightly touching the waves it remained there stationary for several minutes, but we had the impression that it was revolving, like a wheel turning round and round on the same place.

It caused a strong air displacement, for we could see the water being whipped up all around it. After that, the ball came rolling towards us, just gently brushing the water. We weren't a bit happy at the sight of this 'globular wheel' bearing down on our boat. Terrified, one of our party shouted 'It's going over us!'

"The fantastic wheel didn't in fact go over us, but it passed very close by, making such big waves that we nearly capsized. When it was close to us, we now felt very powerful heat from the thing and a strong blast of air. As it went by, we heard a faint humming from it, like the hum of a swarm of cockchafers. Comparing it with our boat, its diameter seemed to have possibly been about 4 metres. Stupefied, we just watched it vanish at great speed. It moved along by leaps, now half disappearing among the waves, now skimming along on top of them. Then it did a right-hand turn and disappeared on the horizon.
"It did not give out any flash or beam of light; it was simply a revolving ball or wheel, with no change of colour.
"We lost no time in getting back to land, returning sooner than we had meant to. One of my mates said: ‘Perhaps it's a flying saucer that has dropped down from the sky.'
"We didn't dare to tell anybody what we had seen. They would simply have laughed at us. It was some time before we took our nets out again, so afraid were we of seeing that fantastic ball again, but we never did see it again. We have no idea what it could have been."

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is an in my opinion remarkable case because there was just as in the Shag Harbour case some sort of foam involved.

07-20-1958 www.waterufo.net...

BRIEF SUMMARY OF SIGHTING.
An object hit water, made a circle 10ft across with foam on edge of circle 2-3 ft high. Object sizzled as if hot, sizzling lasted 1-½ minutes. The loud sound as it hit was heard two yards away. Object took zig-zagging course across lake surface for 200 ft, making violent movement in the water. Object sank into 50ft of water as circling died out.

ALLEGED OBJECT SEEN BENEATH SURFACE OF WATER, SIZZLING AND LEAVING FOAM IN WAKE THREE FEET HIGH OBSERVED BY THREE WIDELY SEPARATED OBSERVERS. REPORT IMPLIES LARGE EXPLOSION OR THUD HEARD JUST BEFORE OBJECT HIT WATER AND ZIG-ZAGGED ACROSS LAKE SURFACE FOR 200 FEET.

NOWHERE IN THE REPORT IS THERE ANY INDICATION THAT THE OBJECT WAS ACTUALLY SEEN IN THE AIR OR APPROACHING FROM THE AIR BEFORE IT HIT THE WATER.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
10-??-1958 www.waterufo.net...

Sightings at the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt, the first Navy carrier carrying nuclear weapons.
During one sighting they saw figures that weren’t human beings.

UFO sightings are common around military installations where nuclear devices are stored. This is especially true of NATO installations

U.S.S. Franklin D. Roosevelt – Chester Grusinski

A MOMENT IN (RECENT) HISTORY UFOs shadowed US Aircraft Carrier.

In the year 1958, we were on a shakedown cruise when there was a small light that was following our ship. Then the light came right at us; it came in close enough to us so you could see the shape of the object and also see that there were figures inside of it. The impression that I got was that those figures were not human beings.” -- •Chester Grusinski of Clinton Twp., Michigan.

Inset: Chester Grusinski. Bottom: USS Franklin D. Roosevelt, first Navy carrier to carry nuclear weapons.

Aboard Carrier
The year was 1958. Grusinski was only 18, a crew member on the USS Aircraft Carrier Franklin D. Roosevelt, cruising the Carribean (sic) near Cuba.
Notes Grusinski, "I was down below when I was told to go topside to see something strange," says Chester, now 56. "So I went up and couldn’t believe my eyes."
“I saw a bright white ball of light. [Note: Chester had hand written “cigar shape” in the margin.-CF-] It headed straight for us, getting bigger and brighter. It was spherical, approximately 75 to 100 feet long. It turned red orange and I could feel the heat on my face."
As this was going on, the man on watch was yelling into the intercom for an officer to get up on deck.

Sketch by William Scott inserted here for illustration.

Grusinski continues, “I could see silhouettes of figures looking at us. They had no features and you could tell they weren’t human. Then the bottom turned cherry red and it vanished in a flash.”

Soon after the incident crew members who talked about it were transferred. Then the CIA came on board to investigate a so-called "gambling problem."
"It was a massive coverup," notes Grusinski. "There was no gambling."

The reunion revealed that 8 to 10 separate UFO sightings were connected with this ship. He located several witnesses.
One incident took place off Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on July 26, 1956. Grusinski says, "Two disk objects were suspended in mid-air. They were over one another; they had two rows of counter-rotating lights. The upper disk released a fireball object that dropped into the top of the lower.
Within seconds they both vanished with tremendous speed. These were seen by Leon Treadwell, Petty Officer Third Class. All involved witnesses were told to keep a tight lip. Treadwell had to sign papers that he would tell no one for 20 years.

Another one for the same time period, the 25th or 27th of July, 1956, a cigar-shaped object was seen and tracked on radar. And the CIC radars said it went off the scope in two or three sweeps. That was witnessed by John C. Hau, Chief Warrant Officer."

Why were so many sightings attached to the FDR? Grusinski has his own reasons for this. He said the FDR was the first US carrier to carry nuclear weapons and, at the time, the only one th (sic – to) carry the hydrogen bomb. UFO sightings are common around military installations where nuclear devices are stored. This is especially true of NATO installations.

[edit on 28/2/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 28/2/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
I will continue posting the older cases if thats alright.

Yes, its great. I´ll do the 80s later on. Then, once we`ve been through the whole list I am going to try to find back-up on some of the most interesting stuff...such as the Puerto Rico stuff.

ATS Collaboration at its finest.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
More USO incidents including possible footage of one in Chile.

June 21 1965 - An unidentified submarine object (USO) was sighted by a pilot flying east of Fraser Island, off Maryborough, Queensland, Australia at 11:30 a.m. It was long, thin, and metallic looking and just under the surface of the ocean. It submerged out of sight when the plane flew over. (Source: APRO Bulletin, January-February 1966, p. 8).

www.ufoinfo.com...
---

On June 30 1967 a group of people on board of the Argentinian ship "Naviero" recognized a cylindrical-shaped object in the sea.
The object emited a blue-white light and was approximately 33 metres long. The most surprising fact: there came no noise from the object and - although it was moving with moderate speed trough the water - there were no waves. While the people were watching the strange submarine it changed its course in direction of the "Naviero", accelerated and dived - short before a collision with the ship - and disappeared fast in the deeper sea.

On July 26 1980 the sailors on board of the brazilian ship "Caioba-Seahorse" saw a grey round object with a diameter of approximately 10 metres drifting in the water. At the same time a bright light appeared on the horizon and came nearer to the ship. All technical equipment on the ship stopped working as the light was approaching the grey object in the sea which was illuminated from green, red, blue and yellow lights (see image above). The light - appearing now as a very bright disc shaped object - sank down to the metalish USO in the water and connect with it. Both objects rose from the water, hovered some minutes over the sea and accelerated then with very high speed up to the sky and disappeared.

On April 30 1976 an unidentified object broke with great power trough the ice of the frozen lake Siljan in Sweden. The ice was over 20 cm thick, but witnesses report about a grey object which was approximately 9 metres long. This USO came from the ground of the sea and caused an over 800 metres long and 4 metres wide "channel" in the ice while it was moving and cracking with a speed of nearly 100 km/h trough the frozen surface of the sea before it was flying up to the sky without any damage.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Russian and Arab ships witness UFO at sea:

June 15,1984 - On a partially cloudy day, at 4:12 p.m., 20 nautical miles east of the Straits of Gibraltar in the Mediteranean Sea the crew of the tanker Gori watched a disc-shaped object maneuver and pace their ship. The 25 meter in diameter disc had a rotating red dome, and a rosy neon glow from what looked like a cylindrical "tailpipe". The UFO was gleaming with a grayish metallic shine. The lower portion of the craft had a precise round shape, its diameter no more than twenty meters. Around the lower portion of it they also observed "waves" of protuberances on the outside plating.
The base of the object's body consisted of two semi-discs, the smaller being on top; they slowly revolved in opposing directions. At the circumference of the lower disc Globa saw numerous shining, bright bead-like lights. The seaman's attention was centered on the bottom portion of the UFO. It looked as if it was completely even and smooth, its color yellow like that of an egg yolk, with three pie-shaped spots, and in the middle of it they discerned a round, nucleus-like stain. At the edge of the UFO's bottom, which was easily visible, was something that looked like a pipe. It glowed with an unnaturally bright rosy color, like a neon lamp. The top of the middle disc was crowned by a triangular-shaped something. It seemed that it moved in the same direction as the lower disc, but at a much slower pace. Suddenly the UFO jumped up several times, as if moved by an invisible wave. Many lights illuminated its bottom portion. The crew of GORI tried to attract the object's attention using a signal projector. By this time Captain Sokolovky was on the deck with his men. He and his Second-in-Command watched the object intensely. However, the UFO appeared to be distracted by another ship, approaching at the port side. It was an Arab dry cargo ship, on its way to Greece. The Arabs confirmed that the object hovered over their ship. A minute and a half later the object changed its flight's trajectory, listed to the right, gained speed and ascended rapidly. The Soviet seamen observed that when it rose through the clouds, appearing and disappearing again, it would occasional shine in the sun's rays. The craft then flared up, like a spark, and was gone instantly.
Sources: Sergey Romanov, International UFO Reporter, May 1993, p. 17; Dennis Stacy, Field Guide to UFOs, p. 50; Paul Stonehill, The Soviet UFO Files.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

USO VIDEOTAPED OFFSHORE IN SOUTHERN CHILE:
On Saturday, March 2, 2002, Television Nacional de Chile (TNC) aired on its 24 Horas news show a videotape of a rectangular Unidentified Submarine Object (USO) floating just offshore in the Strait of Magellan.

The videotape was shot by a couple, Nora Beytia and Francisco Correa, who were on the beach at San Gregorio on Sunday, February 17, 2002. While walking along, Nora and Francisco spotted a strange object floating in the water 150 meters (500 feet) from shore. Immediately they lifted their videocamera and began shooting footage.

The video shows a dark rectangular object 70 meters (232 feet) long with a faint luminosity above the deck. There is no conning tower or other protuberance, and "the object appeared to be an elongated metal container. It had two lights at either end of the ship. It appeared to be about the size of a cargo ship. At the moment the strange object submerged itself in the sea, a slight change in the luminosity was also observed."

The beach at San Gregorio is about 120 kilometers (72 miles) north of Punta Arenas, the southernmost city in Chile.

"According to Jaime Tamayo, a researcher at Omnivision Chile, this is a strange video that deserves further study. 'I think it is essential to analyze the unedited video and interview the witnesses. Given what we saw on television, it appears to be a most interesting observation,' he said."

"The Chilean Navy has not issued an opinion on the video image, according to their Public Relations Office."

This isn't the first USO case in Chile. On September 23, 1971, a fishing boat spotted a USO 32 kilometers off the shores of Tocopilla, north of Antofagasta. Interestingly, Tocopilla is 50 kilometers (30 miles) due west of Calama, the site of Chile's current UFO flap.

Report:

PUNTA ARENAS -- Rodrigo Fuenzalida, president of AION group (the most important research UFO group of Chile) and Director of Chilean MUFON writes:
"On February 17, 2002, a family made one very interesting video of the UFO over the sea in the Straights of Magellan. The video shows one cigar shape very clear to 150 meters from the witness. It had two lights on each end of the object and it disappeared into the sea. The lights changed color and appeared to change the structure in a strange way. The Chilean Navy does not have an explanation for the sighting. Thanks to Rodrigo Fuenzalida. The object appears as a large elongated metal cylinder. It is difficult to estimate size but, it appears about the size and shape of a cargo ship".

www.ufoinfo.com...
www.ufoinfo.com...

Images are said to be at this site but couldn't find them.

(anyone fluent in Spanish?)
www.aion.cl...

Cheers

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

SV Thats a great post

Theres certainly is a lot of very intruiging witness testimony coming from people who have served aboard the
USS Franklin D. Roosevelt over the years.
This video documents a few of the USO incidents associated with the ship (around 2:30) .
www.youtube.com...
As you mention,it was the first Air Craft carrier to actualy carry nuclear weapons and there may be some kind of corellation as it appears many land based nuclear missile installations also experience an unusualy high
degree of UFO activity in their airspace (Barry Greenwood's book 'Clear Intent' lists a great many credible incidents).
Cheers

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Soooo..... where are all the debunkers at? I would say they are going to have a hard time debunking all these eye witnesses stories, but I guess maybe these people are all lieing.....

At what point do we say enoughs enough to ours goverments and to put pressure on them to come clean and release "ALL" informantion concerning UFOs/ USOs not just a few " selected and blacked out reports.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Reevster]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Disappearance of flight N3808H, Puerto Rico, 1980

Location. Mona Channel, Caribbean Ocean near Puerto Rico
Date: June 28 1980 Time: 2003
At 1810 Jose Antonio Maldonado Torres and his friend, Jose Pagan Santos, took off from Las Americas International Airport in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in an Ercoupe aircraft marked N3808H.
The Ercoupe was owned by Santo’s father Jose Pagan Jimenez, an Aero

Police officer in Puerto Rico. They were bound for home in Puerto Rico. At 2003 the Las Mesas radar site and several aircraft picked up radio transmissions from N3808H: “Mayday, Mayday, Ercoupe ocho cero, eight zero, zero, Hotel. We can see a strange object in our course, we are lost, Mayday, Mayday.”
An Iberia Airlines flight IB-976 en route from Santo Domingo to Spain responded to the Mayday and received a reply:
“Ah we are going from Santo Domingo to ah San Juan International but we found ah a weird object in our course that made us change course about three different times we got it right in front of us now at one o’clock, our heading is zero seven zero degrees…our altitude one thousand six hundred a zero seven zero degrees…our VORs got lost off frequency…”
Iberia Flight IB-976 then relayed a message from San Juan Center asking N3808H to turn on their transponder.
N3808H replied that the Ercoupe was not equipped with a transponder. At 2006 Iberia IB-976 asked for their call sing and estimated position and received this reply:
“Right now we are supposed to be a about thirty five miles from the coast of Puerto Rico but we have something weird in front of us that make us lose course all the time I changed our course a second (unintelligible) our present heading right now is three hundred we are right again in the same stuff sir.”
They were not heard from again. At 2012 the Atlantic Fleet Weapons Range verified the last radar position of N3808H as thirty five miles west of Puerto Rico. A search that included Santos’s father was then mounted which centered on this last radar position. It was discontinued after two days when no trace had been found. No trace was ever found.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The timbre/tone inflection of the pilot's voice in the recording indicates he was rather frightened and confused - yet another unexplained (and very strange) case to come out of the Puerto Rico area.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Very interesting account

British Diplomat Gordon Creighton was a very well respected chap -heres a great interview with him from 1967:

British Ambassador Gordon Creighton was possibly one of the first prominent people ever to collate evidence for the UFO/OVNI subject -he was well known to have connections with many high ranking military officials,politicians,Lords,Earls and UK Royalty

Hi Karl 12, I watched that video and wanted let you know that I found it very interesting indeed.

It’s obvious that [and what I knew already] that man knew very much about the phenomenon.
My personal views about the things I believe in now regarding that phenomenon matched with all his views about it.

Do you know perhaps about which case he talks in his second example, about those creatures in that factory that where seen by so many witnesses?

Thanks.

[edit on 1/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In this very interesting case there was not only a radiant object seen falling into the harbour basin.
There was during an investigation by divers also an extraordinary piece of metal found and more important, there was an encounter and examination of a very strange creature dressed in a "sort of uniform".

02-21-1959 www.waterufo.net...

On 21st February 1959, dockworkers in the Polish port of Gdynia see a radiant object fall into the harbour basin, and their account of the matter is so accurate that the spot where it fell could be ascertained exactly. The port authorities send three divers to the scene who, after going down into the ice-cold water and reporting that their investigations are hindered by a thick layer of mud, nonetheless come back to the surface with a piece of metal. The newspapers then report that the metal bears not the slightest trace of rust--which might well suggest that it may indeed be a fragment of the object concerned.

After being examined by the Polish navy, it is sent to Gdynia's Polytechnic University. The final results of these two examinations are not known, and neither do we know as yet what the object is and what happened to it. It did, however, come to light that certain "misfortunes" occurred during the investigations, as a result of which some of the material was lost. This story bears some striking likenesses to the one about a piece of magnesium which people said derived from a UFO picked up in the Brazilian Ubatuba (see Bibliography 4 and 7).

The loss of important evidence, where here I that before?

But what is really "mysterious," in fact very much so, is the outcome of the story as it was told in Gdynia: several days after the "object" had plunged into the harbour, men guarding the beaches met a strange figure which was clearly male dragging himself exhausted along the sand. This creature spoke no known language and was dressed in a "sort of uniform"; a part of his face and hair appeared to be burnt. The man was taken to the university hospital, isolated, and examined. But it was at once apparent that it was impossible to unclothe the creature, as the "uniform" had no means of opening. It was not of ordinary material such as wool or leather but of a metal which could only be cut open by means of special tools and after a great deal of effort. The doctors noted that their "patient's" organs were quite different from ours: the blood system was new to them and the number of fingers and toes was not the normal one. The creature remained alive until a kind of armband was taken off and the "mortal remains" were sent for further examination to the Soviet Union. Polish ufologists readily link up the metal object and the living being with unidentified flying objects and everything associated with the latter.

[edit on 1/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This case is experienced by five witnesses, a 28 year old textile technician, a young couple and two other men.
It’s about from out a lake emerging relative small elongated triangle looking glowing object.

09-24-1961 www.waterufo.net...

On a Sunday, September 24, 1961, Czaslaw Kawecki, a 28 year old textile technician, was enjoying the last evening hours of his summer vacation.
"A sudden noise of rushing waters made me turn toward the sea again. And right in front of me, about 1000 feet from the shore, the surface was rising in one spot. It looked like a round hill--pushed up from beneath. Then, splashes of water gushed from the top and, like fountain jets, fell around the 'hole' in the waves. From this opening in the water emerged an object which at first I thought to be an elongated triangle.... "
Kawecki admitted mixed feelings of excitement and uneasiness at this point, but he resolved to hold his ground and watch further developments.
"The object rose a few yards," Kawecki continued, "and hovered above this same spot, but there was now a whirlpool of water rushing inward with a loud sucking and gurgling noise. The object itself was black and silent.

"Suddenly there appeared a belt of steady white light (1) [see Figure 1] segmented by a number of convex dark streaks. This light made glowing reflections (2) on the lower rim of the object. It also lighted considerably the upper rim (3) and all the rest. Now it became apparent that 'the thing' had the shape of a huge inverted funnel with two rims, separated by a belt of segmented light. About halfway up the upper part was a thin strip (4) of something whiter than the rest on a rather dark body. The slits end of this 'funnel' had a rounded top from which protruded a stump (5), thinning upward and bent in the middle on one side.

"The stillness of the object lasted about a minute, then there appeared the glow of a second light under the object. (6) It was also a white one, but much stronger and sharper than that emitted by the segmented belt. Almost immediately the 'funnel' tilted slowly northwards--revealing the bottom. After remaining in this position for about half a minute without changing, it glided about 50 yards eastward, stopped, but soon glided back and stopped again. All this time the bottom of the object was visible to me."

Kawecki took sharp notice of the unusual underside of the hovering body. He described its perimeter as dark and circular, like the wide rim of a funnel (7). [Figure 2] Toward the center of the underside was a wide ring of strong white light with many hook-shaped streaks upon it (8). Next was a dark ring with three evenly spaced triangular spikes (9). They extended over more than half the width of the lighted, streaked ring. Finally, in the very center was a disc that appeared to be made of highly polished silver or crystal (10). It reflected the light brilliantly.
Kawecki felt certain there was some rotation involved with the underside. He could not be sure whether the spikes were moving or the dark streaks turned under them, but one or the other rotated.
"Next, the light became bluish and more intense. Then the object moved toward the north and upward at about a 45 degree angle, at a speed not any faster than a jet airplane. It became a diminishing spot of light until it finally disappeared. There was no sound at all, and my entire observation lasted not more than four or five minutes.
"I estimated the width of the object at about 16 feet and its length, without the antenna, at about 20 feet.
"When the object disappeared, I realized that a young couple was standing a few paces from me, gasping in amazement. They, too, were returning to their hotel. As I talked with them, two men in their 50s came up to us from opposite directions. They were local people--probably fishermen--and rather shaken by the sighting. They went to inform the coast guard."

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

SV Those are some truly great posts

The incident at the Polish port of Gdynia is certainly a fascinating one -theres also reference in this book where it states there may have been two individuals recovered:

Jan 21-In Gdynia,Poland a bright ,shining body crashed into the harbour basin.
Divers recovered pieces of shiny metal which were examined by the Polytechnic Institute and the Polish Navy.
Some material was reportedly lost.
One (and possibly two) EBEs were found on a nearby beach and recovered by soldiers of the Border Guard or Navy.
These were next transported under tight security to the Soviet Union where they remain to this day

About two thirds down:
www.scribd.com...

Interview with an actual eyewitness to the Gdynia Port UFO incident.....but I don't speak Polish

Interview:
www.youtube.com...

Info:
www.ufoinfo.pl...
Main Polish UFO Website:
www.nautilus.org.pl...
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A fantastic read guys. And the more Im reading the more Im wondering why 98% of UFO-Literature doesnt even mention USOs.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hi Karl 12, I watched that video and wanted let you know that I found it very interesting indeed.

It’s obvious that [and what I knew already] that man knew very much about the phenomenon.
My personal views about the things I believe in now regarding that phenomenon matched with all his views about it.

SV thanks for the reply,Gordon was certainly a fine chap and had a comprehensive knowledge of the UFO subject-he died not long ago but does make an appearance in the two hour long UFO Disclosure interviews:

Around 49:08 on video;

Google Video Link

Do you know perhaps about which case he talks in his second example, about those creatures in that factory that where seen by so many witnesses.
Thanks.

Unfortunately not,it does sound like a truly remarkable case but I've never seen any mention of it elsewhere -perhaps other ATS members may know more about the incident

Strange Creatures encountered in Renault Factory,Cordova,Northern Argentina,1972.
Creatures were said to cause electrical disturbances and were witnessed by several (separately located) employees and bystanders both inside and outside the factory.

(Case featured at 1:51)

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Ive been googling around Puerto Rico and the case is bigger than I expected from such a small island/country. That in and of itself would make for many year of research.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thread flagged.

I hadn't even heard of USOs before I clicked on this thread- initially I thought it was a typo on the part of the thread creator.

Very interesting and thank you guys for both bringing it to my attention and providing so much info to go over!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyfloatingIve been googling around Puerto Rico and the case is bigger than I expected from such a small island/country. That in and of itself would make for many years of research.

Indeedy-theres a great many credible and unexplained sightings
(not to mention some very bizarre reports)
coming from the island -especialy from around the mountain area of El Yunque:

Newspaper clipping:

Photos:

Photograph taken in Levittown, Puerto Rico,1980:

inexplicata.blogspot.com...
uforc.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

----
MUFON Report Censored:

We were invited to participate as lecturer in the MUFON UFO Symposium held on the days 2, 3 and 4 of July of 1993, in Richmond, Virginia, USA In our lecture we informed on the UFO / alien situation in Puerto Rico, but we also lectured, on certain facts pertaining to the UFO situation in El Yunque, a series of encounters with alien beings and our suspicion, due to certain facts, of the possibility that the U.S. Government kept flying saucer type crafts there, we also expressed ourselves on the possibility of there being official U.S. / alien contact in a site close to the rain forest: Roosevelt Roads U.S. Naval Station.
Right after we sent our paper on all this to Mr. Walt Andrus, general director of MUFON, for it to be published in the Symposium's Proceedings Book ,a strange set of events started happening. Apparently, the content of the paper touched a sensitive nerve somewhere and "someone" seemed to be very alarmed by it.

---

Crash:

In the night of February 19, 1984, a UFO allegedly crashed in a slope in one of the mountains of the National Caribbean Rain Forest, also known to our people as 'El Yunque' [after the name of the best known mountain there]. According to many sources we have interviewed on the issue, a flying saucer type craft DID CRASH there that night, and the whole situation was covered up by the U.S. Government. The craft and several alien corpses were allegedly taken to the U.S. by military personnel working out from Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, as well as intelligence / security personnel from several federal agencies in Puerto Rico.

www.iraap.org...

---

Incident:

"At about 1:00 A.M." - he said -, "a group of the soldiers went down in a jeep to Palmer [a sector at the foothills of El Yunque, in 65th. Infantry road] to get some cigarettes and other things in a gas station, said the officer. When they arrived to ‘La Coca’ waterfall sector, down in road 191, the men heard some strange noises in the brush which sounded like heavy footsteps on the dry leaves and branches in the forest. They stopped their jeep, got off it and checked the area in order to see who was there. Remember, they were there in a secret mission and no one was supposed to know about our presence in the forest. When they stopped, the jeep went dead. The lights, the jeep’s engine, the radio communicator... everything went dead. Their watches wouldn’t work anymore, even quartz watches."

"....in about half an hour El Yunque was full with military personnel. They were everywhere, and the area was declared off limits and under U.S. military control. At about 2:00 to 3:00 A.M. a lot of people from Roosevelt Roads Naval Station arrived, and with them came an unknown group of men in U.S. Navy marked vehicles. They all were dressed up in white one piece anti-contamination suits with masks. Only their eyes could be seen, through crystal openings . The type of clothing you use to prevent radiation or bacterial contamination. This people with the suits entered the forest with what seemed to be detectors of some sort , doing a extensive search in the perimeter, that was extended to the slope that descends to the west from the antennas sector in the summit of El Yunque and towards El Verde. I heard these men had found a trail of a strange green luminescent liquid substance on the ground and leaves, following it to an undisclosed place, where they found something."

"Later on, the soldiers involved with the incident were ordered to board one of the trucks and go immediately to Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, in Ceiba.
Once there they all were submitted to psychological tests, a rigorous medical exam and an intense debriefing session about the incident in El Yunque. Their weapons, equipment and all their clothing were analyzed and then destroyed, burned. In the morning they received new orders and classified instructions and they all were told that from that moment on they were out of active duty and of any military service, that they should continue with their civilian lives as if nothing had ever happened and that they could not talk to anyone ever, under no circumstances, about what happened that night in the forest."

"I was informed on this due to my involvement with the work being done in the forest when this happened and because of my rank and security clearance", and added: "...it would be impossible at this moment to obtain any verification of this incident from the soldiers military records through the Freedom of Information Act because their records were placed under a high security classification and there’s no possible access to them. What’s more" - he said - "at this moment there’s no mention in their records of their ever having been involved with any special forces unit. Their records were altered so this wouldn’t show up either."

"Finally, and to my surprise, with a grim and worried look he said: "Look, I know you are going to ask me...and I’m telling you... Yes, there’s official contact between aliens and the U.S. government. in Puerto Rico. Everything is controlled to the highest level by a military and security elite group related to the CIA The U.S. Army, the Air Force, the Navy and several security and intelligence agencies are involved in this, specially elite corps from the CIA"

www.iraap.org...

----
Another incident on El Yunque:

Suddenly, they noticed a glow to their backs, over the brush and turned around to see where the glow was coming from. They all were surprised to see that a flying saucer type craft was coming down from El Yunque mountain. The craft landed in front of them,it had three powerful and blinding lights in front of it which prevented them from observing the craft's details clearly. At the moment the craft landed they all felt unable to move, they are not sure if this was due to some effect imposed on them or due to their fear, not knowing what might happen next.

www.iraap.org...

-----
Other incidents:

There have also been numerous important UFO sightings in the rain forest. In Feb. 14, 1994, Mr. Víctor Delgado, who resides in Cubuy sector, close to El Yunque, saw, at 5:30 A.M., as he was driving down the road to go to his work in the town of Carolina, a huge flying saucer type craft with three levels and many colored lights circling on its underside, suspended over the edge of a slope next to the top of El Yunque mountain. According to Delgado,"... it was about 1,500 ft. in diameter and had many colored lights around it, as well as a huge yellow-green light on top of it that looked like a bright dome. " The same type of craft has been observed in that same area on many occasions by many people. The residents in the communities around the rain forest call it the "carrousel", as it resembles a fairy wheel circling around horizontally, with its many lights.

Another example of the many such sightings there is the following one. On January 14, 1995, Mr. Orlando Morales, a well known radio broadcaster in Puerto Rico, who works in WSKN, a news network based in San Juan, was, together with four other friends, camping in the Mount Briton watchtower, up in the summit. At 10:30 P.M. they were all surprised to see a huge flying saucer type craft that came down from the sky and over-flew the watchtower at low altitude. The craft, emitting a low humming sound, flew downwards and was lost from sight as it entered the mist and clouds in the area, going down between the mountains. Morales and the others left the place at once. One of the campers had to receive medical assistance, as he suffered a nervous breakdown due to the experience.

The craft was described as huge, about 600 ft. or more in diameter, with the shape of a classical flying saucer with many colored lights all around its underside [blue, red, purple, yellow, orange]. It also had many squared window like openings on its underside of about five ft. in size each, through which a bright white light was issuing out. The surface of the craft was described as metallic, dull grey in color.

Interestingly, whenever some of the residents have tried to reach the site by foot after the sightings, U.S. soldiers in both black uniforms or camouflaged fatigue uniforms without any IDs stop them and order them in a gross manner to get out of the area, this at gun point. This area of road 191 is not a military restricted zone, as the Navy radar site in Pico del Este is. So, what is happening there?

---

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Huge Triangle shaped UFO in Cabo Rojo makes two U.S. Jet fighters disappear:

The situation continued going on and " in crescendo" until the night in which two U. S. Navy jet fighters were apparently abducted in mid air by a huge triangular shaped UFO and disappeared in front of more than 115 witnesses that have surfaced up to this moment. This event happened in the night of Dec. 28, 1988, at 7:45 P.M.

According to most witnesses, there seemed to be three jet fighters involved with the incident, two of them disappeared in mid air as they intercepted and closed in on the huge triangular UFO, and the third one fled the area flying to the north, being chased by several big red balls of light that came out from the UFO. After this, the UFO split into two separate triangular objects in a silent flash of light, after which one of the objects or sections flew off very fast to the north and the other one flew to the east, disappearing. As readers must realize, this incident has profound implications to all of us, and is one of the most important UFO incidents reported in the recent years in Puerto Rico and abroad.

www.iraap.org...

Also:

From Puerto Rico comes an astounding account of two Navy F-14 ‘Tomcat’ fighters that engaged a gigantic triangular shaped UFO in the Cabo Rojo area. This encounter took place December 28, 1988. Eyewitnesses alleged the ‘Tomcats’ intercepted the object and then were somehow ‘trapped’ or taken aboard this huge craft.
Quoting Timothy Good from his book Alien Liaison:
“Although the FAA denied this incident had occurred, investigator Jorge Martin subsequently obtained confirmation from a U.S. Navy source who said there were radar-tapes showing what had happened which were immediately classified and sent to Washington D. C.”

www.jimnicholsufo.com...

---
US 'Leases' UFO hotspots in Puerto Rico:

The area is now under U.S. control by this agreement for 50 years, and possibly for other 50 years after this. Later on, the federal authorities took control of another UFO hot spot in the Sierra Bermeja, a field next to the Pitahaya-Olivares sector, in the coast-line, next to the mangroves channels between La Parguera and the Cabo Rojo lighthouse or beacon, another area in which many UFOs are seen regularly going into the water or flying out from it, an area that has been closely watched upon by U.S. Navy vessels and planes, and by those days was restricted and placed under the control of numerous U.S. military troops for 2 months, with no explanations to anyone [the lighthouse area]

www.iraap.org...

----
Witness Report:

"I was driving on this road in Olivares sector at about 2:00 A.M. after leaving the home of some friends in Las Palmas sector to go home...when suddenly I got here and saw a very weird thing there in front in the mountain, and stopped my car and got off it to have a better look. What I saw was something very strange that was suspended in mid air over that mountain that divides this sector from La Parguera sector, just in the farm Freddie Guindín administers. Look, it was something like one of those so called flying saucers, but it had something on top... You know the conical upper part of the witches hats? It was something like that, conical on top and a circular base around it. It was big and it had many lights around it. It was metallic, like silvery. But the strangest thing was there was something coming out from underneath it, like a swirling mist that went directly down to the mountain, to the ground, in a column, but swirling, in a spiraling column. That column was semi-luminous. It was a column of light and clouds or mist coming down from that object...I believe that thing was an OVNI [UFO]."

www.iraap.org...

---
Local Disinformation Campaign and Offical US 'acknowledgment of
interest' in the Puerto Rico/UFO subject:

In the last months of the year 1992 a strong disinformation program was set forth by Mr. Aníbal Roman, the director of the Mayaguez area Civil Defense Agency office and police Lieutenant Rodríguez, from the Lajas police headquarters, using all the Puerto Rican TV, radio and press media in order to show as lies and fabrications the reports by the witnesses and investigators about the UFOs and aliens seen in the area and ridicule the situation, this together with officers from the U.S. Wildlife and Fishing Service, such as Mr. Fred Schaffner.

As this was being done by Román, his supervisor, Colonel José A. M. Nolla, Director of the Puerto Rico Civil Defense State Agency, sent an internal directive order to all the regional offices in P.R. stating the guidelines for a secret investigation on the UFO situation in the island by the Civil Defense Agency and stating in the memo that the situation pertaining to the UFOs and USOs sightings in Puerto Rico was real and important. Copy of that directive was given to us by a source within the Civil Defense Agency. The source explained the findings, even after stating they were the responsibility of the agency, were really for analysis by the U.S. Defense Department. and the U.S. Air Force. In that way, this military agencies would not be seen as officially involved with the UFO investigation.

Also, recently, Colonel Nolla, who used to be the liaison officer of the Puerto Rican U.S. Army Reserve and National Guard with the Defense Intelligence Agency [DIA], similar to the CIA in U.S. military, stated under oath in a hearing at the Senate of P.R. that the military and the Civil Defense Agency had been investigating the many UFO sightings and cattle mutilations that had been happening in Puerto Rico since year 1975.

www.iraap.org...

---

Scientific Report Confirms an Alien Presence in Puerto Rico - UFOs above Puerto Rico seen in Space Shuttle footage:

Many of the unidentified objects and luminous anomalous phenomena originate in a zone south of the island of Vieques, coming out from or entering the sea.

The object was sucking water from the sea, and the water was swirling like in a blender. A column of bright green light, similar to that of a powerful spotlight, was coming out from under the object.

Dr. Mark Carlotto recently made public an excellent report and scientific analysis on the several anomalies that appear in the videos of space shuttle STS-48 and STS-80 missions. (See Anomalous Phenomena In Space Shuttle Mission Sts-80 Video in Dr. Carlotto's 'New Frontiers in Science' web page - newfrontiersinscience.com).

Something that called our attention more specifically in that report was the event he identifies as F-1 in the STS-80 mission video, that originates, according to Dr. Carlotto's findings, in an area located to the east of Puerto Rico, specifically in a zone south of the island of Vieques.

The 'anomaly' consists of a large luminous object that seemed to come out from the sea at a point located in the south of the island of Vieques, and ascends to space, all the while being registered by the shuttle's camera. As it approaches the space shuttle, the object veers to its left and disappears from sight.

In our latest book in the English language, Vieques: Caribbean UFO Cover-Up of the Third Kind, I report on many UFO/ alien related incidents that have occurred in that same area. We believe Dr. Carlotto's findings pertaining to event F-1 are very important because it CONFIRMS the situation we have been reporting for five years now: Many of the unidentified objects and luminous anomalous phenomena described in the book originate precisely in that same zone, coming out from or entering the sea.

There have been many such important incidents reported by both Puerto Rico State policemen as well as Vieques Municipal policemen, US Navy security personnel, Vieques Municipal government employees and officials, fishermen, pilots, civilian pacifist protestors and many residents.

www.redicecreations.com...

---

Triangular UFO - Multiple witnessess

The first sighting took place during the summer of 1997 (around 9 p.m.) when Feliciano was driving his car on Route 997, which runs from Esperanza sector to Isabel II. At the intersection of a place known as Marta's Alley, he became aware of an intense yellow light hanging motionless in the sky some distance away. Intrigued, he parked the car at the left edge of the road to observe the light more carefully

"It was a real big triangular object," he stated, "completely engulfed in a bright yellow light ... It seemed to be at an altitude of about 500 feet above the ground, over property belonging to Camp Garc’a. I figured the altitude based on the height of some trees in the area. What intrigued me the most was that the thing was suspended right over the area where the US Navy has an airstrip or runway for their planes to land and take off ... And that it was an unidentified flying object.

"There were no military exercises at the time, so what was that object, that triangle of light, doing there over the runway? Thinking that I was observing something I shouldn't be seeing, I left the site at once. But from that moment on, I realized something very strange is taking place on the lands controlled by the US Navy.

"Some days later, my wife told me that she saw a similar object, also at night, suspended over the exact same place I had seen the object, over Camp Garc’a's runway. The next weekend, as we were driving to her mother's home, we saw another one of those triangles. This time our sons were with us in the car; they saw it too."

----

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Large Saucer Craft Absorbs Water from the Sea around Puerto Rico:

I was fishing with some other fishermen out at sea. We were a couple of miles south of La Esperanza. It was about 9:00 PM when we suddenly saw something unexpected. We saw several very bright spheres of light come out from the top of Cerro Ventana (mountain located in the south of Vieques).

"These globes of light were of a blue-white hue and seemed to come right out from the top of the hill. They circled the hill and flew out to sea to the south, flying right over us. They made several quick circles and angle turns. You could hear a slight hissing or whistling sound, almost inaudible, which seemed to come from them.

"After that, they returned to Playa Grande and Cerro Ventana, areas controlled by the US Navy, and disappeared inside the mountain. It was as if they had merged with the side of the mountain.

"The most impressive event was when we encountered a huge object at night while out at sea fishing. I was with An’bal Corcino and his father, and we had just come out from La Esperanza.

"I wasn't aware of the object at first because I was the captain and in charge of the rudder at the time. An’bal and his father saw it and yelled, 'Carlos, look at that!' I looked back and saw this huge ... a sort of craft. It came out from the sea near the Playa Grande lagoon, in the south, where the Navy's (Raytheon) ROTHR radar system is installed. It rose from its position and started moving closer to us.

"It was an extraordinary huge craft, immense, with many lights all around it. It was a flying saucer, a round disc-like craft, but really huge in size. It was at some distance from us, but clearly visible due to its size and the lights it had all over it, yellow, blue, and red lights.

"The peculiar thing about all this was that the object, that saucer, was taking in water from the sea. The water at the sea's surface was swirling in a circle, and jumping, as if boiling. It was like a whirlpool. It seemed to be going up into the saucer in a column of water.

"We were all very impressed. It was the first time in my life that I have seen anything like this craft. From where we were, it looked to be about 40 to 50 feet in diameter, and we were about a mile and a half away from it. That can give you some idea of the size.

"But what impressed me the most was that it was sucking water from the sea, and the water was swirling like in a blender. A column of bright green light, similar to that of a powerful spotlight, was coming out from under the object. There was a hole there and the beam came out downwards, vertically. The water went up into the saucer through the beam of light. After that, the object flew away to the west at a fantastic speed and disappeared in a matter of seconds.

www.redicecreations.com...

----

USOs off the Puerto Rico coast

March 1963-100s of USOs sited off the coast of Puerto Rico. Naval ships and submarines were conducting exercises when one US sub began chasing a USO that they identified as traveling above 150 knots, deepth was 20000 feet. Most submarines have a crush limit of 7000 feet. This object was tracked for 4 days, at times reaching tremendous speeds.

www.ufo-reports.com...

----

Quote:

".. the weight of testimony emerging from Puerto Rico is breathtaking.."
Timothy Good

Daily Mail Article November 11th,2000.
www.isgp.eu...

---

Roadsign in Puerto Rico:

---
USOs:
www.usofiles.com...
paranormal-insight.ipbhost.com...
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The loss of important evidence, where here I that before?

Mind-boggling how elusive the physical evidence remains. Either there is an international conspiracy at work or we somehow metaphysically sabotage ourselves before we can hold that piece of evidence in our hands.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join