It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I always enjoy reading accounts of abuctees, experiencers and channellers...while remaining aware that most of it is completely unverifiable. If you had a physical object or a photo or a coordinate or a location or a cosmology to along with that it would go up the scale from completely unverifiable (level 1) to hardly verifiable (level 2), if you know what I mean. So if there are any hints you can share, feel free to.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
By the way...you guys, all of you, are making this one hell of a beautiful thread to browse through.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Do Flying Triangles have Underwater Bases?

This is a case about the east coast of UK (around Lowestoft and Rendleham Forest) and warrants more research, imo. Some excerpts from the article:

since 1995, there have been reports of FT craft being seen entering and leaving the sea off the East coast near Lowestoft. There have also been 25 reports of lights seen moving under the surface of the sea in the same area. Could FTs have an undersea base somewhere along this coastline? Certainly, similar underwater activity has been reported from various parts of the world.

One startling coincidence has recently come to light and that is the number of references made to the subject of underwater bases by Larry Warren in his book Left At East Gate. The book deals primarily with the UFO incident in Rendlesham Forest, which took place in late December 1980, but then Larry Warren then goes on to reveal a further event. It appears that after the Rendlesham Forest incident, he got himself into trouble with the authorities by telephoning his mother about the UFO landing. He was subsequently ordered to go to a certain parking lot on the base where he would be met by a dark blue sedan car. When Larry arrived at the parking lot, he saw the car. As he entered into the vehicle, he remembered a greenish glow and then by all account, lost consciousness. He later recovered to find himself in an underground complex under the Woodbridge base, where he learnt from a black uniformed guard that it was part of a tunnel complex that led to the North Sea

And from Wikipedia:
The Rendlesham Forest Incident

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Continued from last post.

A Lowestoft UFO:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I hear what you say but until one deals with how this works it won't be understood.

What I wrote happened like 50 years ago and I was a young one. I just share so it's out and when or even if the time comes people will get past just the USO thing, is it true or not and onto I wonder, what they are doing.

1.) This is where they can survive and work
2.) They collect, package and ship off Planet

I'm going to leave your thread now because I don't want to disrupt your thread anymore just wanted to maybe open up everyone's thoughts a little and let you know what is going on down there with them.

My best always to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Do you have a thread where we can read up on a more complete version of your experience?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This time two police officers saw a blood-red UFO rise from sea.
Interesting is to see the possible explanation of an Air Ministry spokesman, he said that one possible explanation of the phenomenon was that it was "a planet playing tricks.".
Venus, where did I heard that before?

But if so, how could it be posseble then that Venus suddenly took off at a fantastic speed towards the Atlantic then?

09-01-1957 www.waterufo.net...

Two policemen patrolling the seafront at midnight on Sunday, September 1, at Porthcawl, Glamorgan, Wales, saw a blood-red object with a jagged black streak across its centre rise out of the water on the horizon.
Chief-Inspector Reginald Jones, of "D" Division, Glamorgan Police, told Flying Saucer Review that the two policemen thought at first that they were seeing a ship on fire on the horizon towards Ilfracombe. But then it rose out of the water like a blood-red sun, a good deal larger than a full-sized harvest moon.
While the two police officers watched, two more streaks appeared above and below. It remained at sea level, then suddenly took off at a fantastic speed towards the Atlantic.
Chief-Inspector Jones said the report had gone to top level.

An Air Ministry spokesman said that one possible explanation of the phenomenon was that it was "a planet playing tricks."
"Venus does at certain times of the year play all kinds of tricks--often due to climatic conditions.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

When I had my own sighting of a silver disc splashing into the water nobody could convince me that I saw venus or plankton or a chinese latern
. Dont worry, there are still some sane people left.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A Brazilian Sighting by Gordon W. Creighton of an object that seems to suck up water.

04-??-1958 www.waterufo.net...

They said that it was a flying saucer. He could see nothing at first, but soon he heard a humming noise, which grew rapidly louder, and perceived something which seemed to be falling out of the sky towards him from the direction of the sea.

When the machine was at a distance of some 40 metres from him and the group of fishermen and about 15 metres above the water, it began to rock sideways and then stopped and hung there. It was from 15 to 20 metres in height, "and its width was approximately that of a travelling circus." It seemed to have three distinguishable parts: the upper half was the colour of aluminium, like an inverted bowl, and on the top of it was a small protuberance or dome, with a light as bright as that of an electric welding arc. The lower part was also a bowl, of the same size as the top, but dark in colour, and around the widest part, where the two bowls met, was a band with a number of square portholes from which came a reddish light. The portholes nearest to the party of onlookers were darkened as though there were people looking out through them.

Beneath the machine, the water seemed to be boiling, or being sucked up, but without actually touching the under part of it, and a faint humming could be heard at brief intervals. From the under part of the machine, a number of things like leather thongs were hanging, motionless. During the hour that they stood there and watched it, it rose again several times into the sky and then descended as if crashing, "with a noise to shatter the eardrums."

ALSO

Here is yet another case in which the field of a flying saucer was seen to have an effect on the surface beneath it, in this case, water. It occurred at 6 a.m. one day in April 1958 on the Atlantic seaboard of northeastern Brazil. Senhor Wilson Lustosa, a Brazilian jeweller, was travelling along the beach from the port of Maceió to a place called Parapueira. At a spot called Saude, the witness stopped to ask some fishermen what they were looking at. They said that it was a flying saucer. He could see nothing at first, but soon he heard a humming noise which grew rapidly louder and perceived something which seemed to be falling out of the sky towards him from the direction of the sea.

When the machine was at a distance of some 40 metres from him and the group of fishermen and about 15 metres above the water, it began to rock sideways and then stopped and hung there. It was from 15 to 20 metres in height, and “its width was approximately that of a travelling circus.” It seemed to have three distinguishable parts: the upper half was the colour of aluminium, like an inverted bowl, and on top of it was a small protuberance or dome, with a light as bright as that of an electric welding arc. The lower part was also a bowl, of the same size as the top, but dark in colour, and around the widest part where the two bowls met, was a band with a number of square portholes from which came a reddish light. The portholes nearest to the onlookers were darkened “as though there were people looking out through them.”

(Apparent course of gravitational lines in relation to the course of the water's surface)

[edit on 27/2/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Very interesting account

British Diplomat Gordon Creighton was a very well respected chap -heres a great interview with him from 1967:

British Ambassador Gordon Creighton was possibly one of the first prominent people ever to collate evidence for the UFO/OVNI subject -he was well known to have connections with many high ranking military officials,politicians,Lords,Earls and UK Royalty

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just noticed this possibly related ATS thread:

AUTEC - The Naval Area51?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Do Flying Triangles have Underwater Bases?

Could FTs have an undersea base somewhere along this coastline? Certainly, similar underwater activity has been reported from various parts of the world.

Thats an interesting question - a lot of well respected researchers including Gordon Creighton,Timothy Good,John Greenewald Junior (and even astronaut Edgar Mitchell) have all speculated UFOs may have an underground or undersea origin -at least that would rule out the FTL /distance problem.

After reading the sheer number of credible military/civilian reports citing fast moving,unknown objects either submerged,entering or emerging from the sea,the idea does not seem too outlandish - its also interesting that many ships and submarines also report electrical equipment
'going haywire' when encountering these objects like in so many earth/air bound UFO incidents.

Theres been an almost unprecedented amount of USO sightings and UFO activity around the North East edge of the island of Puerto Rico over the years -Timothy Good makes some good points in his book
'Unearthly Disclosure':

Puerto Rico, the Caribbean's so called Island of Enchantment, lies in one corner of the area that has become known as the Bermuda Triangle, renowned for the disappearances of ships and boats, and for sightings of 'flying saucers'. It is here, in this former US. colony, whose politics and defence are still inextricably bound up with America, that much of my research into the USO phenomenon has focused.

A great deal of the strange activity around the island has centred on the 28,000 acres of mountainous rainforest known as El Yunque, on the north-eastern coast.

Jose Orlando Golis, who works for the Puerto Rican government, lives close to El Yunque. 'Many people have seen UFOs flying over the water close to the surface,' he told me. 'Once, at 1am, we saw one with many coloured lights flying next to the sea just over the surface.

'At first we thought it was a boat. It seemed to be dark underneath and had lights - mostly red and blue at another, upper level. Then it angled and moved upwards. It made a humming sound, and seemed to head in the direction of El Yunque.'

Felix Rivera is a diver with an underwater salvage company based near the American Naval Air Station which adjoins El Yunque, one of many U.S. bases on the island. He confirmed to me that UFOs and USOs have frequently been observed often by American military personnel.

'Navy Seals - America's elite special forces - have seen USOs here,' he revealed. 'Some have told me that these things will often come up close to boats, then shoot off. They move too fast underwater to be ours.'
Timothy Good,Unearthly Disclosure

Video:
www.liveleak.com...

Puerto Rico USO incident involving fleet of US Submarines:

In March 1963,American submarines were involved in exercises with a fleet of surface ships one hundred miles off Puerto Rico.
One of the submarines broke off from its assigned course and began pursuing an unidentified object which their instruments told them was travelling in excess of 150 knots at a depth of 20,000 feet.

Optical physicist and ufologist Bruce Maccabee had investigated the incident and stated that such speeds and depths were, and still are, impossible for today’s submersibles (with the crush depth for submarines being about 7,000 feet).

The USO was tracked for four days by the carrier group, with the object moving at impossible speeds before stopping - reports were sent to CINCLANT (Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Command), but no determination was made as to the nature of the unidentified craft.

Other USO incidents:
www.waterufo.net...

Other areas mentioned are the Catalina Channel of the coast of California in the United States:

There is much evidence to suggest that there is an underwater UFO base in the Santa Catalina channel off the Southern California coast. Hundreds of UFO sightings have been reported in the area, with a significant amount of these involving the crafts going into and out of the water. The exact location and size of the base are conjecture, but with the large amounts of crafts being seen at one time, and the geographic spread of the sightings, the base is probably extremely large (perhaps more than several city blocks), and very deep, so as to avoid detection.

The sightings in the area have been reported regularly from as far back as 1947; the year of the Kenneth Arnold sighting and the Roswell crash. On July 7 of that year, two teenagers were walking along the San Raphael beach. At 3:10pm, they witnessed a ?flat, glistening object? emerge from the ocean, fly for a short distance, and then dive back into the sea about 400 yards from the shore. The next month, in August 1947, the Coast Guard received reports of a ?strange flaming object? that fell into the ocean. After this, steamers going into and out of San Francisco Bay would encounter an underground ?mountain? that would appear and reappear in different locations around the Bay.

The underwater ?mass? was investigated by the naval survey ship Maury and other various craft after hearing reports of a phantom reef. This reef had appeared 400 miles off the coast of Southern California, where no reef was known to exist on any charts. When Captain Hambling of the Maury arrived, the mass was gone. He and his crew found to their shock that the mass had moved. As they moved their ship towards it, it disappeared off of their sonar echoes completely. Had it found its way back its hidden underwater base closer to shore?

The sightings of UFOs in this area have continued regularly since 1947. Several people have claimed to have missing time while being in the area, and some report actually being inside the underwater base. In the 1960?s and ?70?s, families would go down to the beach with the express purpose to watch a UFO go by. They would witness multi-colored UFOs that would sink under the water. Even police officers and Air Force airmen have reported seeing these objects streaking through the sky over Long Beach and Los Alamitos Naval Air Station. Even actors have had these sightings; in the 1960?s, Chad Everett and a couple of friends observed a lighted object moving back and forth at high speeds over the beach from his home in Beverly Hills.

Video:

Witness testimony from 1971:

On March 22, 1971, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Baldwin of Marina reported seeing a "mysterious smoking object" plummet into Monterey Bay trailing smoke or exhaust at 5:50 P.M. No planes were missing in the area. Two boats and a plane searched the bay during the night using flares but found no debris of any kind or any indication of anything unusual. This seems to be one of the cases which suggest some connection between UFOs and USOs. Fort noted that there seem to be more cases of objects entering the water than leaving it--an observation which still holds true
www.waterufo.net...

Also:

In 1989, a large object was seen by multiple witnesses (and picked up on sonar) resting on the surface of the water in the Pacific Ocean. It released several, smaller objects before submerging. It was tracked on sonar heading south towards the Santa Catalina Channel before disappearing.

And this incident from 1992 which had many (separately located) independant witnessess:

The Santa Catalina Channel separates mainland California from the island of Catalina, this particular stretch of water is as deep as Mount Everest is high and UFO?s/USO?s have been seen both entering the water and emerging from its murky depths. But on June 14th 1992 , there were reportedly hundreds of USO?s observed rising from the water.
Independent witnesses claim that there were in excess of two hundred USO?s that emerged from the water, hovering momentarily before accelerating off into the sky at blistering speeds, all the while in complete silence.
There were many witnesses, many of whom filed reports with their respective local police forces, some of which were as far away as Malibu.
These reports quickly filtered through to the US coast guard who subsequently refused all requests to search the area of the sightings.

Recording of witness phone call to police:

"I'm ashamed to tell you cause you're gonna think I'm crazy -I have never been more frightened in my life".

www.ufo-blog.com...

The Top Twenty California UFO Encounters
(posted by Internos)
home.pacbell.net...

The first California underwater UFO was on July 7, 1947 when two San Raphael teen-agers saw a ?flat glistening object? emerge from the water, fly around and then dive back into the water 400 yards from shore. Throughout this same year, numerous steamers reported a mysterious ?undersea mountain? or a ?large mass underwater? which kept appearing and disappearing in various locations in the San Francisco Bay and down the coast.
Following this, the sightings came regularly, in 1951, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1970, 1980, 1990, 1991, 1993, 2004?the list goes on, most from the Santa Catalina channel. The sightings involve many highly credible witnesses including lifeguards, security guards, law enforcement officials, military officers and countless citizens.

Video:

A look at the underwater world of USOs (Unidentified Submerged Objects). Reports have poured in from all over the world of this elusive class of UFOs. One of the hotspots of USOs, the Santa Catalina Channel off the coast of California is explored for signs of the spaceships, or perhaps even alien USO bases.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
reply to post by SumnerKagan

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check out that link, but it sounds like that might be possible due to a mirage/reflection/change in apparent horizon as I suggested above with this link, unless perhaps it took of at high speed?
Could be.
It's just so strange that his stories never went anywhere. I mean, he is a fairly credible source. After reading his statements, I would have thought somebody would have jumped on it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Very interesting account

British Diplomat Gordon Creighton was a very well respected chap -heres a great interview with him from 1967:

You are absolute right karl 12, Gordon Creighton was indeed a very well respected man.
Thanks for the interview, :UP: I sorely go watch it because I didn’t see it before.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I´ve made a mental note to dig deep into that part of Puerto Rico and that East Coast part of the UK when I have some extra time.

spacevisitor: As a thank you for your efforts here, some English lessons as well: Its "You are absolutely right". I know in Dutch its "absolute". More to come.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Going through that water-ufo list one thing is noticeable:

At some point in the 50s reports from respectable newspapers and official sources receded. Many after that come from UFO-Organizations themselves. Not that those are not respectable - they are. But from a certain point on the ridicule-campaign seems to have started working.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Some stuff from the 2000-2009 List, Pt. 1

Finland, 2001, multiple witnesses, navy search

Finland's coastal border guard stopped on Wednesday [8th] the 2-day searches of an "unidentified underwater object" conducted jointly with the country's navy units.

2001 Puerto Rico Multiple Witnesses

saw a black disk come out the water with pulsating red and orange lights. It flashed it lights heading north and strait up and out of site in about15 seconds. Some other persons like the Puerto Rico Police Department also viewed the incident, and reported to his headquarters

2002 Lights Fly, Lights Dive

POINT MUAGU -- The witness was by a campsite at 4:30 AM near the naval base on January 11, 2002, when he saw two lights moving in the water with a light about 100 feet above. The one in the air started to move side to side in a strange way. The two in the water began to move with it. The way they moved was like no plane. The one in the air started south towards Malibu, that's when others that looked like stars began to follow, and scan the waters as if it was a group project. The objects were airborne for thirty minutes and were gone. The lights in the water never took off they seem to dive.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Some Stuff from the 2000-2009 List Pt 2

2003, Multiple Witnesses, Police Reports

Police gets no reply from Australian Intelligence and Air Defense.

The UFOs seen in daylight have been described as silver spheres and discs. Those seen at night are reported to be "luminous" and "glowing." The USOs sighted by fishermen at the mouth of the Fly River south of Balimo are described as "fast-moving submarines without conning towers." "The report stated that Police Commander John Marru declared that he had received numerous reports, principally from the Fly River area, without even obtaining a satisfactory answer despite intensive on-site investigations of each and every case." "Marru said he had passed on all of the reports to the Australian Federal Police and to (Australia's) National Intelligence Organization and Defense Intelligence Organization without receiving any reply from these agencies."

2004, Filmed

Object seen leaving the sea at 30 degrees leaving a contrail of water

2004, Puerto Rico Multiple Witnesses

A report has been received that on May 5, 2004, Mr. Aguirre, a fisherman and local resident of Cabo Rojo, a town in the southwestern corner of Puerto Rico, reported seeing "strange lights" entering and leaving the sea and the cliffs near the famous Cabo Rojo light house late at night. An on-site inspection revealed that many tourists who visit the site have experienced odd sensations and certain types of "paranormal energy" as thought there were something else at the location. It is well known that UFO sky watches have taken place in the area and some of them have yielded positive results.

2004 New Zealand, Multiple Witnesses

I was down on the beach having a smoke, looking out across the bay towards the Nelson Harbour. I saw a tear drop shaped craft with spinning red lights beaming light into the water. I sprinted to my friends’ caravan and got him to see. Other residents of the camping ground also had seen it. It moved closer towards the beach sending beams of light across the bay. It made an electrical humming noise and a thundering sound that could easily be heard by myself and the residents of McKees Domain, Ruby Bay. The craft moved at a phenomenal speed and disappeared and reappeared in different places, it moved up into the sky

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Some Stuff from the 2000-2009 List Pt 3

2007, Italian Newspaper

a round object moving fast on a surface of the sea at a distance of about 1 km from the beach.

the object was visible for other 5 minutes then it disappeared underwater.

2007 Latvia, Multiple Witnesses, Scientists Admit Anomaly

This is one of many cases that promise some kind of follow-up (in this case "water samples were taken and are now being tested") you then never hear of again.

A hole in a frozen pond in northern Latvia achieved unexpected notoriety on Wednesday as rumours began circulating that it was created by an object falling from outer space.

"We've been collecting information on the story all day, and we'll definitely report it in the morning," Inguna Plume, editor of local newspaper Ziemellatvija, told reporters.

The "unusually large hole" appeared in the ice of a frozen pond near the northern Latvian village of Karki in early February, the Leta news agency wrote. Despite sub-zero temperatures, the hole reportedly did not freeze over for two days.

Locals initially reported seeing "strange things" in the area.

One girl said that she had seen "a small bright object with a silver ring around it", while other witnesses reported seeing up to six symmetrical beams of light emerging from the pond.

When the existence of the mysterious hole became known, the theory that it could have been created by an object falling from outer space began to gain credence, Karki spokesperson Sandra Pilskalne told Leta.

Scientific experts admit that the hole could have been created by a falling piece of interstellar debris, the news wire added.

The mysterious hole has now frozen over, but water samples have been taken for testing, Pilskalne said. Representatives of Karki council were not available for comment when approached by reporters. - Sapa-dpa

2007, Multiple Witnesses of UFO some Land, some Water

This started out as a one witness water case, but has now grown to three sightings. The non water cases follows the first and adds to the validity of the first case.

2007, Object rises out of water and emits other objects

If true this is a unique case. Follow the Link for the report and drawings.

2008, Cloud Punching UFO, Video

Another pretty unique case which can be followed up on by using the link.

2009 Argentina, Photo, Multiple Witnesses

Excerpt:

One of the most recent sightings occurred on January 2, 2009 starting at around 11pm. Witnesses are reported to have seen at least three UFOs. The first emerged from the body of water known as Laguna Del Pescado and then sped towards the fields surrounding the regional city of Victoria. A second large white light then appeared in the sky, parallel to the moon, before turning west and speeding upwards away from earth. Finally another light then appeared and did the same-the lights ranged in color from white, blue, red orange and yellow. The UFOs were seen by multiple witnesses from a number of viewpoints and police were contacted. One witness noted that they did not behave like Chinese lanterns, flares or fireworks but rather like controlled craft. A photograph taken of one of the objects appears above.

There is a UFO Museum in Victoria which contains a unique metallic substance supposedly taken from the crash site that turns translucent when photographed

This case could use some follow-up research.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Going through that water-ufo list one thing is noticeable:

At some point in the 50s reports from respectable newspapers and official sources receded. Many after that come from UFO-Organizations themselves. Not that those are not respectable - they are. But from a certain point on the ridicule-campaign seems to have started working.

You may have a point there -

Perhaps the corporate media was subtly informed to 'phase out' objective new coverage of the UFO/OVNI/USO subject after the
Washington merry-go-round incident of 1952 which caused the the biggest military press conference to be convened since the end of World War 2
(and a near riot to break out in the lobby of the Roger Smith Hotel).
www.nicap.org...

Terry Hansen also makes some mighty fine points about
government/media collusion,suppression,misinformation,precision propaganda and editorial censorship in this presentation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Other:
----

Witness report by two geologists from British Columbia in 1965:

On the sunny July morning in 1965 that John Hembling, geologist and exploration manager for a mining company, and a companion geologist stepped from a helicopter atop a mountain ridge in north-central British Columbia they expected it would be another routine day of reconnaissance and survey.

"It was about 10 o'clock and we had just set up our equipment after the helicopter left," Hembllng told us, "when we saw a silvery object, shining in the sun, appear over a small ridge below us. It had a flattened-out look and our first reaction was that it was some kind of delta-wing aircraft. We soon realized it was not."

Facing west away from the sun, with the object below them about half a mile away, they had a clear view of what was happening.

"The object was about 50 ft. in diameter," he said. "On top of its dome there was a little knob, and around the base of the dome there were circular markings. They might have been some kind of riveting, or even windows. They were a bit too small to tell.

"Below these, on the face of the disc itself, there were larger rectangular markings which could have been glass or metallic. Our impression was that they were windows. As far as we could see, there were three of them."

As the two men watched in astonishment, the object moved slowly across the ridge until it was above a small glacial lake, barely more than a pond. Hovering there an instant, it then descended to less than 50ft. above the water. Again it hovered and, to the men's further amazement, lowered a pipe-like instrument from its underside into the water. "At first we thought it was something like a rope-ladder," Hembling said, "but it didn't just drop down. It came out smoothly and steadily as if under mechanical control."

During this procedure the observers were conscious of a humming sound from the object "like a quiet electric motor." With its appendage in the lake, the disc then rotated slowly like a water-borne top until its "windows" faced the two men. “We had a distinct feeling It knew we were there," Hembling said.

After remaining in that position for about eight minutes---as the men judged it--the object withdrew its "pipe" as carefully as it had lowered it.

"It climbed slowly, then all of a sudden it was off," Hembling said. "It shot over the ridge, made a sharp turn without skidding and was out of sight in about 20 seconds. We figured it had gone 20 or 25 miles by the time it disappeared." That would give it a speed of at least 3,600 m.p.h.

www.ufocasebook.com...

---

Fascinating US Coastguard incident from 1988 -Lake Eirie, East Lake, Ohio
(similar to the Virgin Islands incident you posted):

Cannot paste-right hand article:
www.zuko.com...

---

Maritime UFO files:
www3.ns.sympatico.ca...

__

Quackers:
en.wikipedia.org...(sound)