It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is an interesting case because of the fact that the four young witnesses where hospitalized after seeing a fiery object dive into the Orinoco River.

03-28-1957 www.waterufo.net...

IN SOUTH AMERICA:
Ciudad Bolívar, 28 March. Four young people between the ages of 13 and 16 have been hospitalized as a result of shock and undiagnosed illness after seeing a fiery object dive into the Orinoco River. When the object touched the water, it caused great "luminosity," and all of the young people fainted at the sight. Hospital and medical authorities were concerned about the young people who had stayed abed for several days. They were found in the unconscious condition by the mother of one of the girls.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
04-19-1957 www.waterufo.net...

On April 19, 1957, at 11:52 A.M., two metal disks were seen entering the Pacific Ocean at 31°15' N. and 143°30’ E. A violent turbulence followed their immersion. The witnesses were Japanese fishermen on board the Kitsukawara Maru. The point in question is among the deepest in the Pacific Ocean (more than ten thousand meters deep).

Also (For additional information)
The Japanese fishing boat Kitsukawara Maru was sailing south of Yokahama (sic) with its five man crew on April 19, 1957. All hands saw the sudden appearance of two silver saucer-shaped metal craft plunge into the water nearby. Immediately afterward, the sea where they fell became furiously disturbed, boiling and churning violently. The crewmen searched for wreckage but found nothing.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
04-??-1957 www.waterufo.net...

Witnesses, coastguards and civilians.

I find it interesting that the object in this case was a triangular object.

Then, in April 1957 at Kolobrzeg, coastguards and civilians saw the sea suddenly become agitated. Then the waves in a particular stretch of water swelled and out shot a triangular object of 4-5 metres in size. It rose swiftly, encircling the locality, then finally rushed upwards disappearing into space. Army units were rushed to the spot and made an exhaustive search of the brushwood on the seashore. The next day a team of divers did the same in the water.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

SkyFloating -good post.

This is a great,comprehensive thread and a truly interesting subject.
The sheer number of US/ Russian/ Canadian/ British/ Argentinian/ Norweigan etc.. Naval USO incidents is quite surprising but perhaps the one common theme running through most of them is that the seamen/ sailors/ submariners involved are specificaly ordered by their superior officers never to discuss their experiences again - in some cases a brand new ship's log book is present the next day.

Will search for some other accounts and it would be interesting to see if there exists any other declassified government documents concerning the USO subject - had a look on Black Vault but couldn't see any.

There is this intriguing photograph taken from a Costa Rican mapping plane of an unknown flying object entering the water - other than that I don't think there's any other images dealing with this type of subject.

thread

Cheers.
edit on 26-8-2014 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
nice sifting guys. I think we`ve made it abundantly clear that there is something irregular happening here.

I havent seen any book especially on USOs yet, so stuff like this might inspire such a book.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Great thread Sky
I have always been interested in USO but there seems to be a severe lack in threads and research around this topic
Thank You for this thread

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Nice thread Skyfloating,

You said earlier, most of our ocean is unexplored. I don't think most people grasp how much so...

As said earlier, over 70% of our planet is covered in ocean. We are in fact an 'ocean world', and so far we have not even explored 1% of our oceans. Let's not forget, it's not just 'area' we are talking about here, but a huge 3-dimensional volume of water. The oceans hide the world's tallest mountain ranges, and canyons that make the Grand Canyon look like an irrigation ditch in comparison.

We know less about our oceans than we do about space. For once I agree that it's more likely that we have been living side by side with an advanced civilization without knowing it, than it is that we are being visited by beings from another world.

Given how little we know about our oceans, it stands to reason that, there may still be many phenomena that are un-documented by science. Although an advanced society living side by side with us is a possibility, there may well be other explanations for some of the reports you have found.

I think at least a few may be due to natural bio-luminescence, which is something that is very common in the sea. Obviously, not all of the cases presented here could be caused by this phenomenon, but some could be IMHO.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Above are a few examples I found without looking too hard, but there are many more to be found. I did not embed them, but I can if you like Skyfloating?

Edit to add just one cool vid that I think is worth watching

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53c930d7f4e9.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: wikipedia

Image of bioluminescent red tide event of 2005 at a beach in Carlsbad California showing brilliantly glowing crashing waves containing billions of Lingulodinium polyedrum dinoflagellates.

I have seen it myself in real life, and it is amazing to behold. Microscopic bio-luminescent plankton could explain the 'turning wheel' effect witnessed by some, perhaps.

Others could perhaps be explained by electrical/ball lightning like phenomena, which could also explain the ships compasses going haywire. Earth-lights and meteors could explain others, but again, not all.

I look forward to reviewing some of these cases more thoroughly if I get the chance over the next few days.

Good work

[edit on 26-2-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Im familiar with Bioluminescence. One of the most beautiful things to behold. And also the reason I skipped several reports from that USO-report list. Many of them can indeed be explained by that.

Just how unexplored are oceans still are is amazing. Im quite sure there are a lot of surprises, including archaeological ones, waiting for us somewhere down there. Oceans would be the ideal place for another race of beings to hide.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

CHUD Interesting angle and I'm sure that many misidents are caused by the eyecatching and beautiful sight that is bioluminescence but I'm also sure that many highly experienced Ship's Captains and Sailors are capable of "identifying and attributing" this type of phenomenon.

When you consider many of these unknown objects are also captured,plotted and tracked on (sometimes multiple) sonar screens travelling in 'unheard of depths at unheard of speeds' then the bioluminescence explanation seems a little redundant.

March, 1963 A U.S. Navy submarine exercise was taking place off the coast of Puerto Rice. Sonar indicated an unidentified submerged object traveling well below the U.S. subs. The object was traveling at speeds of over 150 knots, and U.S. personnel were also astonished at the depth at which the USO was moving. The object was over 20,000 feet under the ocean. A typical "crush" depth for a submarine is 7,000 feet, but this object was exceeding the technical capabilities of all subs, even those of today. The USO was tracked for almost four days by the entire carrier crew. It was reported that the USO would propel away, but then stop to rest, allowing for continual tracking by the navy.

Nov. 11, 1972 Reported in the International Press, on Nov. 11, 1972, the Norwegian Navy was tracking a fast moving submarine like object on sonar. A fleet of surface ships with specially equipped sub hunter helicopters was assembled to find the object. On Nov. 20, 1972, the USO was seen visually for the first time. It was described as being a massive silent cigar shaped object. One of the ships promptly fired it's guns and torpedoes at the craft. Some of the other ships who also saw the object fired at it, but the object began to dive. Then the ships started dropping depth charges. After tracking the object for two weeks, the Navy decided to blockade the cove and trap the object. However, after about fourteen or fifteen days, the object disappeared.

Feb. 8, 1960 The Argentinean Navy was tracking two unidentified submerged objects beneath their waters. Then, on their sonar, they observed the underwater objects break apart. As soon as the objects broke apart, they flew out of the water and into the sky. This case caught the attention of the Soviet Union, who sent officials to investigate the incident.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As Skyfloating stated, on the journey of the Kon-Tiki, Thor Heyerdahl claims to have seen a large spinning wheel rise from the ocean.

Thor Heyerdahl also claimed to see evidence of enormous, strange, luminous "sea creatures" and dark shapes rise from the depths. But, it seems that the "wheel" was the only large oddity that broke the water.

See link:

Thor Heyerdahl and the Sea Beasts.

These sightings never got much attention, and he never tried to get much for it.
It always seemed fairly credible to me.

The luminous entities exhibit the same characteristics as a USO.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by SumnerKagan]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
CHUD Interesting angle and I'm sure that many misidents are caused by the eyecatching and beautiful sight that is bioluminescence but I'm also sure that many highly experienced Ship's Captains and Sailors are capable of "identifying and attributing" this type of phenomenon.

Thanks karl, and yes, I agree to a certain extent that many ships captains are experienced, and know their 'habitat' well, but no one can know it all, and I'm sure many are not too concerned about what creatures lie beneath the waves - not all captains are fishermen or amateur biologists (not to mention meteorologists or astronomers for that matter), and even if they were, it might not make a difference.

What I'm trying to say is, we don't know for sure what lurks deep down in the ocean depths, and perhaps there are some creatures (or even some non biological phenomenon), that appear from time to time at the surface (or close to it), that account for some (not all) of these sightings. As I said in my post above, 99% + of our ocean is unexplored, but what we do know of it so far, is that there is heck of a lot of bio-luminescence, and who knows what freaky combinations.

Also, and not wanting to sound like a broken record, observers of objects seeming to crash into water may be accounted for (in some cases at least) by other phenomena like meteors/ball lightning, earth-lights or some similar luminous phenomena that we may not know about, but just as with uFos, it's impossible to gauge accurately the size or distance of an object, especially at night, in the open ocean, without many of the usual visual cues.

If you've read my previous posts relating to meteors, you'll know what I'm talking about, but just in case you didn't here is a link that explains the concepts involved.

I think that with the ocean, if anything, we need to be even more careful about witness reports, since the sea also has many of it's own tricks to add to the confusion, not only because it's a highly reflective surface, and because, quite frankly, it's an 'alien environment' for most of us (ie. you and me, as well as observers).

Do we have any experienced sea-fares amongst us that could share some wisdom with us?

Originally posted by karl 12
When you consider many of these unknown objects are also captured,plotted and tracked on (sometimes multiple) sonar screens travelling in 'unheard of depths at unheard of speeds' then the
bioluminescence explanation seems a little redundant.

It's not just small organisms that bio-luminescence, and perhaps it may not account for all occurrences, but I'm just throwing it out there as one possibility for ATSers to mull over, while I dig a little deeper. You'll forgive me I hope, if I reply again in a couple of days time, as I have only just looked at the info in this thread, so I have some catching up to do, and not much time to do it over the next 24 hours at least.

I have to admit I am not too trusting of radar 'evidence' as radar is not infallible, and I'd imagine sonar is much the same in this respect, but if if there are cases where multiple independent sonars picked something up, and it was traveling at a rapid rate, and if it was confirmed visually, then perhaps there could be something worth investigating further.

Did you have any particular incidents in mind? Edit: Scrap that. Just saw you included some info. Have you got a source for that? Thanks.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check out that link, but it sounds like that might be possible due to a mirage/reflection/change in apparent horizon as I suggested above with this link, unless perhaps it took of at high speed?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I havent seen any book especially on USOs yet, so stuff like this might inspire such a book.

Hi Skyfloating,

After some searching I find these.

Timothy Good tells about two important USO cases in his book
'Need to know -UFOs military and intelligence':

You can read about it here in chapter 19 called “Encounters at Sea” at page 279.

books.google.co.uk...

30 July 1967 the case of the Argentine steamer Naviero.

4 October 1967 possible start of the Shag Harbour case.

Another book about the subject of Underwater UFOs as named by Ivan T. Sanderson is “Invisible Residents: The Reality of Underwater UFOs “

[edit on 27/2/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

There are certainly accounts that can be explained by natural underwater phenomena...even natural phenomena we dont even know about yet.

Probably Excluding (previously quoted) cases such as:

* Aircraft and Machinery witnessed flying into water

* Aircraft Disappearances over Oceans (Bermuda Triangle, Dragons Triangle)

* Radar/Sonar detection of extreme speeds underwater

* Abductions & Encounters with other Beings

Of course...even the Disapperances could be a natural phenomena. But even then, we`d like to know what kind of phenomena that is.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Very cool. Thanks.

And yet...one underwater book written 50 years ago tells me its time for another book soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Interesting case of the carrier U.S.S. Franklin D. Roosevelt.

05-15-1957 – U.S.S. Franklin D. Roosevelt

www.waterufo.net...

The carrier Franklin D. Roosevelt was cruising about 40 miles off the coast of Florida on May 15 in an area where the water is shallow—only around 100 feet deep. The carrier draws 25 feet of water so it had about 75 feet clearance. Then occurred one of those mysteries that confounds students of the ocean. The Navy itself has been extremely evasive regarding the incident.

The Franklin D. Roosevelt hit something.

What it hit remains unknown. The skipper, Capt. T. W. Hopkins, said the Roosevelt "shuddered" on impact with the object. The Navy reported that damage "apparently was not too extreme."
"I don't know what happened," Hopkins said. "I made my report to Admiral Cornwell and I can't say much other than that there were no submarines or anything like that ... not at all."
There was an oil slick from whatever the huge ship hit. "I don't ascribe it to anything of a foreign nature or source," Captain Hopkins declared, whatever that means.

Capt. S. S. Search, Chief of Staff to the Commander of Fleet Air, Jacksonville, also explained nothing when he said: "We are limited as to what we can tell people at certain times, and I can't say what we've heard. But I think I would be inclined to discount such a report about submarines."
Thus two captains went to the trouble to deny that whatever the Franklin D. Roosevelt hit was an unidentified (Russian) sub.
But it must have been something mighty strange to damage the gigantic carrier and send a huge oil slick bubbling to the surface.

SOMETHING DOWN THERE

Now this may be only coincidence, but it is a very strange coincidence. Two days later, Captain J. H. Hanson of the Danish freighter Mary North radioed that he had sighted a lighted, distress signal buoy in the North Sea off the Netherlands. A message from him the following day said that the Mary North had stopped its engines, and the crewmen were able to hear clearly from the engine room a strange, knocking noise underwater.
"We were unable to understand the signals," Hansen reported.
Upon notification of this radio message, the Dutch destroyer Utrecht was dispatched to search the scene.
It radioed that at (sic – it) had made "contact with a subject underwater." Then it continued its observations by radioing that it "discovered nothing further."
The British also dispatched a destroyer to the scene. Nothing further was reported, but the British Admiralty announced sourly that "there is no submarine belonging to any country missing."

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I still love listening to bill cooper's introduction to the world of alternative history and science.... His story of the USO shooting out while he was on deck is incredible and started me on the USO trip!

And I second that Invisible Residents: The Reality of Underwater UFOs is a brilliant book that is also really fun because it's pretty ancient now!

TGG

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Some realy interesting reading in this thread,particularly the older USO reports -good stuff

Others:
Russian Naval USO account involving professional submariners -interview conducted by well respected researcher Jaques Vallee:

"Many officers were skeptical, but the reports were hard to deny. They were carefully recorded. On October 7, 1977, a submarine repair ship called the Volga was at sea when nine disk-shaped objects circled it. This lasted eighteen minutes. And all the time the radio, the on‑board communications systems, all the electronic equipment went berserk. The commander, Captain Tarantin, ordered his men: 'I want you to observe this carefully and to remember it! I want you to take pictures and to draw it, so that when we return to the Soviet Union no one will be able to say that your captain was drunk or crazy!'"

"Were such reports made public?"

Azhazha shook his head no. "At the time, naturally, they were classified top secret. Now we have a more open attitude in this country. We are able to talk about such things. On a few rare occasions I did publish some UFO information, but I paid for it under Leonid Brezhnev. The official reaction was very harsh, very negative. My career suffered as a result, and the directorship of a scientific group was taken away from me."

www.waterufo.net...

Intruiging report of an unknown object being plotted on radar (and sonar) travelling hundreds of miles per hour as it plunged into the ocean...and the subsequent military orders for witnessess never to discuss it again.

Spanking new log book:

"As the target descended, the two sonar operators aimed their pulses in the general direction of the dropping object. Almost immediately (in a matter of seconds) following loss of radar contact, both sonar operators received audible "pings," indicating a strong echo from a fast-moving submerged target at a range of probably 20,000 yards (roughly 10 miles).

The underwater target appeared to be traveling in the same general azimuth and at the same descent angle (at least initially) as the airborne object, implying that the two unknowns were one and the same! The target's speed was considerably reduced, "down to hundreds of miles per hour" but "still moving damn fast," remarked Preston, and it was now moving along a zigzag path away from the ship. Sonar first picked up the target at its upward horizon, perhaps 50 feet below the ocean surface, and continued to register an echo from the object as it dropped rapidly into deep water

...they were to remain silent about what they had seen. "Gentlemen," the officer said, "we will remember that we have all signed the Official Secrets Act (or words to that effect)."
Although there were no threats, the implication was clear that to divulge anything to anyone concerning the tracking of the UFO would be considered a breach of security.
When Preston came on duty once again at 2400 hours, he said he was surprised to discover that a "spanking new book" had replaced the radar log used the previous morning."

www.waterufo.net...

Unexplained incident where a plane's crew (and passengers) witnessed an brightly lit unidentified object emerging from the Atlantic ocean:

"Suddenly, the lights went out. There appeared a yellow halo on the water. It turned to an orange, to a fiery red, and then started movement toward us at a fantastic speed, turning to a bluish red around the perimeter. Due to its high speed, its direction of travel, and its size, it looked as though we were going to be engulfed.
It stopped its movement toward us and began moving along with us about 45 degrees off the bow to the right, about 100 feet or so below us and about 200 to 300 feet in front of us. It was not in a level position; it was tilted about 25 degrees.
It stayed in this position for a minute or so. It appeared to be from 200 to 300 feet in diameter, translucent or metallic, shaped like a saucer, a purple-red fiery ring around the perimeter and a frosted white glow around the entire object. The purple-red glow around the perimeter was the same type of glow you get around the commutator of an auto generator when you observe it at night.
When we landed at Argentia (Newfoundland), we were met by intelligence officers. The types of questions they asked us were like Henry Ford asking about the Model T.
You got the feeling that they were putting words in your mouth.
It was obvious that there had been many sightings in the same area, and most of the observers did not let the cat out of the bag openly. When we arrived in the United States, we had to make a full report to Navy Intelligence.
I found out a few months later that Gander radar did track the object in excess of 1800 mph".
Captain of Navy R5D aircraft,February 8,1951.

www.waterufo.net...

Incident from late 1969 during operation Deepfreeze in Antartica,in which crew aboard the USS Calcaterra witnessed a 100 ft long submarine shaped object breaking through the ice and fly into the air.

In 1969, sailors aboard the USS Calcaterra witnessed a USO that displayed remarkable properties in the frozen waters of Antarctica. They reported a huge, submarine-shaped object burst from beneath the thick ice and rocket into the sky.

Operation Deepfreeze incident featured in this Documentary:
uk.youtube.com...

Other USO Incidents:
www.zuko.com...

More electronicaly/visualy confirmed USO incidents from the U.S. Warships the USS John F Kennedy; the USS Midway; the USS Constellation and the USS Lexington.
Some of the reports involve unknown objects being captured and plotted on sonar screens "performing 90 degree angle turns and travelling in 'triangular formations" :
www.zuko.com...

Link for Argentinian,Norweigan and American Naval USO incidents quoted in last post:
comingglobalwarwithufos.com...

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Skyfloating, I would like to tell you and all of what I saw when I was taken down there. I hope this in some way will give you some insight into what is going on down there.

I am on one of the ships, when we get to where we were going our ship (which was a small circular ship) came around to an open ramp area and we went up into an area where there were several ships already parked and being taken care of. The legs went down and we parked in our spot and got out.
(We are in another very large ship now)

We go over to a ramp and go up into another area. This area is quite large and we walk straight forward. I can see activity up ahead and when we get close by I can see to the left and right of me that there are large areas. On the right side I see lots of activity being done by humans running machines and loading huge containers. I see men and women but no children here.

One of the machines carrying a load of containers is coming across the area in front of me and going to the left side. I now see it going up onto a slight ramp and I can tell it is being loaded into another ship, this being much longer and squared sort of. I don't know what is being loaded but I know it is going someplace in space.

Later we are in a ship different then the one we came in and at one point this is where I wrote before where we came to a stop and he pointed up for me to look and we saw a submarine up above going by from right to left and it never knew we were there and this is when he said, We are safe and secure there is no equipment made on Earth that can reach us, as you can see we are in your waters....in the "DEEPEST" of your waters.

I did notice that over in another area there were other beings some young which I hadn't seen earlier and from what I understood is they take the young out maybe like we do for our kids for field trips to see and learn this way at night they can see all the pretty lights and how the human race lives up here.

I often wonder what was in the containers, I have been on ships that collect plants, I know they are terraforming the Universe one step at a time, I believe they collect water also.

It wouldn't surprise me if they collect just about anything and everything we have on/in this Planet, it is plentiful.

One last thing is this. When I was young I would chuckle when Seti was looking up when I felt they should be looking down. It seems we are doing everything opposite then what it is.

As they said, use logic and common sense the answers are the simplest the ones you always overlook.

I hope you don't mind me writing this here but it does deal with what you call USO's

[edit on 27-2-2009 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
The fact that so many USO accounts have been filed by credible sources and even UFO incidents have had a god bit to do with water, I can't help but wonder if Hydrogen really is a viable fuel source and we just haven't figured out how to use it right yet.

Theres some very interesting water related UFO cases on this thread including a truly mysterious object 'sucking up' water from a lake in Australia -the object was witnessed by a great many highly credible,upstanding (and separately located) townsfolk including policemen,nurses,academics and business owners.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join