It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Plenty of reading in this thread mate, below is another recent(ish) MUFON report from a multi-national naval exercise near Hawaii:

Former Navy serviceman reports UFO monitoring ship

"I saw a medium-sized ball of light about 10 or 20 feet above water approximately 3 kyds away almost as soon as I got there. Initially I thought it was another ship that was also in transit and continued to observe it because, to my knowledge, we were alone in transit on our Pim. (Strike group commander set course and speed). It was mirroring our course and speed almost exactly with no discernible difference to our own for a period of about 15 minutes."

The witness watched the light move.

"The ball then traveled very rapidly from a forward position relative to my ship to aft and then changed elevation and rose vertically nearly instantly to an elevation of about 200 feet or so from my perspective. It then appeared to mirror our course and speed from that elevation and follow us."

link

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
USO/UFO account from Puerto Rico related by Nick Redfern:

UFOs and the Oceans

Although many people look to the skies for answers concerning the UFO puzzle, there are more than a few reports on file demonstrating that UFOs have a deep connection to the oceans of our world. Indeed, I have many such cases in my files, and here’s just a few of them. Puerto Rico, or to give it its correct title, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, is what is known as an unincorporated territory of the United States, located in the Caribbean Sea. And according to some, it may very well be the one place – possibly more than any other on the planet – that is home to not just one secret base, but to an overwhelming plethora of classified locations, certainly of a governmental nature, and maybe even of an alien nature, too..

I was told of the account of a former civil-defense employee, who had seen a gigantic, unknown craft rise silently out of the coastal waters of the island, while he was on an early-morning jog in the spring of 1999. In this case, the vast device, which was viewed at a distance of around half-a-mile off the coast, or perhaps slightly more, wobbled slightly – rather like a falling-leaf – as it took to the skies, and then streaked vertically at a fantastic speed, before finally vanishing from view as it grew ever smaller, and was finally lost due to the effects of the bright, rising sun.

Also USO Report from near Bimini / Miami:

One particularly significant case involving a craft of distinctly unknown origin occurred in April 1973 when a Captain Dan Delmonico, a calm and collected character with a fine reputation for being grounded and logical, had an encounter that could be considered anything but grounded and logical.

It was around 4.00 p.m., while negotiating the waters of the Gulf Stream, specifically between Great Isaac Light, north of Bimini, and Miami, when Delmonico was amazed by the sight of a large cigar-shaped object – nearly two hundred feet in length, grey in color, and with rounded ends – which shot through the water, not surprisingly amazing and astounding Delmonico in the process. Who, or what, piloted the strange submersible on that April 1973 afternoon remains unknown.

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
watchthis Russian documentary! www.youtube.com/watch?v=2591r20LYDY

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Bizarre UFO/USO/radar report from Spain, 1979:

..Astonishingly – and possibly a “first” in maritime history – the watch officer at the lighthouse wondered openly if Captain González might be seeing a UFO. Given the strangeness of the situation he found himself in, the captain suggested that any explanation would do at this point. In all his years at sea, he had never faced a similar predicament. The lighthouse officer explained that only a few days later, a foreign ship had reported the presence of a UFO not far from the Tamames’ present coordinates..

Ships and Saucers: UFOs at Sea

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Good presentation from Carl Feindt (new to Youtube)

UFOs have demonstrated physical effects on bodies of water. This paper proposes a possible explanation for the observed interaction between unidentified flying objects and water. Wrested from seemingly divergent eyewitness accounts, it posits that the reaction of the water around an emerging craft implies the existence of a displacement field, one that exhibits electromagnetic tendencies. What at first seems like a series of unrelated accounts is shown to illustrate consistent behavior when the distance between the object and the body of water is considered.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Enlightening vid from Feindt, Karl. Yet I question about the displacement field being flat on the top and bottom during the USO's travel underwater --- since such a shape might make the starship more vulnerable to attack from hostile forces, besides making it harder to maneuver while submerged.

I also question Feindt's speculation, about his assertion that the water being sucked-up goes to another dimension.

btw - I believe I p.m.'ed you over at UFO Casebook about six months ago, concerning your thread about what aliens look like. If you haven't already... feel free to check out my purported alien pictures (on your thread); that I photographed in 1972.

Cheers,

Erno

edit on 21-8-2015 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 21-8-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

It's all pretty far out there mate but he speculates more about the water sucking up aspect of UFOs in his book here -don't really have any ideas about dispacement fields personally but will certainly try to track down that photograph.

Here's yet another account of a strange object rising from the ocean, this time in front of crewmen on the USS Independence in June, 1973.

The primary witness served on the USS Independence CV-62 as a refueling technician on the deck of the ship. Within the month of June in 1973 The crew of the ship according to the primary witness saw a very bright light in the night hours 01:00 hours under the aircraft carrier. The primary witness judge the size of the light/object under the USS Independence was compared to a paper clip being held in your hand the your hand is the object.

According to the primary witness the object emitting the light moved in front of the carrier and lifted out of the water blinding everyone on the deck. The light then was described to instantly shoot out of sight. The movement of the object according to the witness was disorienting due to the size of the object. The incident occurred off the coast of Florida within the area known as the Bermuda triangle.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just read your post. You are the third experiencer "coming out" in this thread. Lets hope for many more.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Posting here to bookmark.
Ive just ordered the Carl Feindt book UFOs and water.
I know the Ivan Sanderson one but haven't got that yet.
It'll take me some time to work through this thread but I also like a real book to read when I'm not on-line.
If there's any good books about this subject that you think I should try and get, that would be much appreciated.
Waiting for the postman!
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
USO witnessed emerging from water - Canada, 1999:

Time: approximately 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Date: April 17th, 1999
Location: Akiskanook condominiums, Invermere, BC - Windermere Lake Lookout
Weather: Sunny and clear, little to no wind, water calm - you could see the reflections of the mountains in the water

"Three of us were looking out into the water, it was a quiet peaceful afternoon, when we all noticed a bright white light emerging from the water. The object was breaking the water surface from the lake, yet wasn't leaving any ripples in the water! - like a piece of wood would or a log could."

"It showed itself as a sequence of digitized light. -[The kind that looks like the Knight Rider "kit" car has on the front of the car.]  Instead this computerized light was a bright white colouring. It appeared and disappeared, breaking the water surface, three times after finally disappearing into the lake. This lasted for approximately 5 minutes. We had binoculars so we were able to see the light up close and to our amazement it confirmed what we saw."

www.ufobc.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
UFO witnessed submerging into water - Italy, 2007:

Workman sees mysterious object above the sea near Cicerata

'I was returning from Milazzo at around 4:45 am, when about a kilometre away from the shore I saw a huge white ball that turned flame red.’ The motorist from Barcellona added: ‘It looked like a truck engine; it was round, a fiery red color and gave off an intensely bright light. There was another driver who was there and saw it too. We watched, intrigued and amazed, and as we were watching and talking the strange object lowered and disappeared into the sea. The sea was calm and remained calm. The sighting lasted around four or five minutes, then the huge white ball disappeared into the sea. I had never seen anything like it. The thing that amazed me was that a vast area of sea was illuminated by the red light that the object was giving off. Initially it seemed like an optical illusion. But then the other motorist and I realized it was all really happening. I don’t know, maybe it was a submarine, even if it was a strange shape and size and gave off a bright red light.’ ” 

link

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Nice picture.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Saved to come back to when I have more time... Love it!

OPs avatar is beautiful

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2ac14cf6da2.jpg[/atsimg]

Unidentified Submerged Objects or Underwater-UFOs or UFOs leaving water or entering water are an underreported phenomenon. The purpose of this thread is to collect and discuss and research the the History and Mystery of USOs.

For starters, I will sift through this comprehensive list of more than a thousand sightings and collect the most noteworthy. The criteria for noteworthy? A verifiable source. Give me a few weeks to sift through the list. If you want to help cherry picking the best cases that would be much appreciated!

1076-1946

1947-1959

1960-1965

1966 - 1972

1973 - 1979

1980 - 1999

2000 - 2009

Undated

If there is anyone who should know more about this phenomenon then its the Office of Naval Intelligence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bcde23a8a5f.jpg[/atsimg]

If anyone here has experience with filing FOIA-Requests you can help out by sending such a request to ONI. That too would be much appreciated.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

That photo, where did that come from? that has to be one of the best pics I've seen of a USO/UFO. IMO that has to be what the Navy pilot saw, and reffered to as the tic-tac. just wondering where the pic is from.....

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2ac14cf6da2.jpg[/atsimg]

That photo, where did that come from? that has to be one of the best pics I've seen of a USO/UFO. IMO that has to be what the Navy pilot saw, and reffered to as the tic-tac. just wondering where the pic is from.....

Gunshooter, think that image is a CGI rendition taken from the Deep Sea UFO programme aired by the History channel in 2006 - don't know which case (if any) they were referring to though.

'Deep Sea UFOs' Aired on Monday, January 23, 2006 at 8:00pm ET, Detailed examination of the little-known phenomenon of USOs, or Unidentified Submerged Objects, an advanced type of UFO that can operate just as efficiently in water as in the atmosphere. These supposed otherworldly vessels have been reported, some believe, as far back as ancient Egypt. Others believe that USOs were reported by Alexander the Great and Christopher Columbus, [who allegedly was caught up in the Bermuda Triangle] and might have been seen in Atlantis.

Highlights of the show included the 1967 Shag Harbour Incident, a government-documented USO crash off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, and a trip to the area around Laguna Cartegena in Puerto Rico, a reported hotbed of USO activity. Interviewees included the US Navy's Bruce Maccabee, UCLA's Kathryn Morgan, as well as USO and UFO experts Stanton Friedman, Bill Birnes, and Preston Dennett.

There's more info here on the U.S. Coastguard Cutter Acushnet incident where a domed, saucer shaped object was witnessed by the crew on maneuvers between Miami and Cuba in 1977 - also more testimony about other water UFO/USO cases below.

Naval orders 'never to discuss' and censorship of Naval log books:

UFO testimony involving the USS John F Kennedy where the commanding officer actually appeared via the onboard video system screens throughout the ship and ordered crewmen 'do not discuss'.

Claims that Naval Command Centre received a "spanking new log book' after a very strange UFO initiated a Condition Zebra Alert:

Astronomer Marc D"Antonio and submarine sonar operator track underwater object travelling at several hundred knots - the order then came down from the commanding officer to "Log it and dog it".

See 49:00

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
New DE VOID USO article by Billy Cox - Jan, 2019

USOs - The New Frontier

While waiting for the History Channel to produce a line of J. Allen Hynek action-figure toys …

On May 23, 1968, the USS Monrovia detected a large unidentified submerged object (USO) as the transport vessel cruised near the Azores. Described as orange, ovoid and translucent, the thing matched the Monrovia’s speed and course corrections, and at one point rendered its compass, radar and radio equipment inoperable until the mystery moved on.

The crew of the USS Forrestal were amazed when, in July 1974, they spotted an apparently internally lit USO in the Mediterranean. The object spent 20 minutes crisscrossing the carrier’s bow, at speeds estimated as fast as 60 mph. Then it vanished into the deep as if it never existed.

Also in the Med, in May of ’68, the USS Zellers was participating in a NATO exercise when its crew was alerted to half a dozen or so lights rising from the water, dropping to the deck, climbing once more, and flying in synchronized formation before vanishing. The encounter was officially logged as distress-signal flares, although the source of that distress was never identified.

These are just a few incidents on file with Project 1947, which has combed through Blue Book archives and other public records to give nerds like me the long view on a topic that’s suddenly beginning to get a lot of traction..

link

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Some pretty wild accounts of UFO/USO activity:

edit on 7-2-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I look forward to watching the latest video you posted.

I believe ive relayed the story before (I think in this thread actually) my mother had a USO experience in te late 70s. She was on a 32 foot sailboat in the channel islands near catlina. It was 4am and she was topide having a smoke while everyone else was below still sleeping. It was very foggy and visibily was limited. She noticed off the bow maybe 100 feet or more away the ocean glowing greenish yellow. the glow grew in size and intensified as if something was coming to the surface. Then a bright yellowish white orb shot out of the ocean on an angle and flew out of sight rapidly.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Was that the Catalina Channel mate - if so then there's been lots of UFO/USO activity reported there over the years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

<< 35  36  37    39  40 >>

join