It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MidEastGui

Thanks for the reply -you're right that there seems to be a disproportionate amount of USO/UFO/OVNI reports emerging from the island of Puerto Rico.
There are some intriguing reports listed here,if you know of any others please feel
free to post

(thanks to SV for the help on this one):
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

There are many USO reports from around the island but perhaps this 1963 US Naval incident is the most perplexing:

An oceanic UFO (some term them USOs or Unidentified Submersible Objects) was tracked by the U.S. Navy near Puerto Rico.
On a training maneuver, a sonar operator detected a sub aqueous object traveling at over 150 knots.
The technicians tracked this object for four days and it maneuvered down to the incredible depth of 27,000 feet. Submarines of 1963 could not dive further than a fraction over a mile into the ocean depths.

Relative depths:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ecedf6766dd.jpg[/atsimg]
Click here for full image:
www.irishufology.net...
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
SOME HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE USO STUDY:

As we all know, the USO phenomenon is a global thing. We can find its traces in almost every world culture, for example:

CHUPA-CHUPA (BLOOD-SUCKING) LIGHTS IN BRAZIL & AMAZONES

CAMBRUES IN BRAZIL & AMAZONES

BOIUNA MONSTER IN BRAZIL & AMAZONES

MAE DE OURO LIGHTS IN BRAZIL

ROBONES (WATER THIEVES) IN CHILE

EL CALEUCHE (GHOSTSHIP & GHOSTSUB) IN CHILOE, CHILE

TE LAPA (UNDERWATER LIGHTNING) IN POLINESIA

HANTU LAUT (SEA GHOSTS) IN INDONESIA & BALI ISLAND

UNDERWATER DJINNIS IN INDONESIA

NAGA & MEKONG FIREBALLS IN THAILAND & LAOS

DRAGON SNAKE IN SOLOMON ISLANDS

ROPEN MONSTER IN UMBOI ISLAND

AKU-AKU LIGHTS IN AFRICA

LA LUZ DE YARA IN CUBA

LA LUZ MALA IN ARGENTINA

UNDERWATER PANTHERS IN INDIAN RESERVATIONS, USA

MINHOÇAO MONSTER IN SAN FRANCISCO RIVER, USA

KAPPA (AMPHIBIOUS BEING) IN JAPAN

RUNAN SHAH (AMPHIBIOUS BEING) IN AZERBAIJAN & IRAN

NEGROS DEL AGUA (AMPHIBIOUS BEINGS) IN ARGENTINA

YACU-RUNA GHOSTSHIP IN UCAYALI RIVER, PERU

LAKE ONTARIO ORBS IN GREAT LAKES, CANADA

PALATINE (GHOSTSHIP) LIGHTS IN CANADA

CHALEUR FIRESHIP OR GHOSTSHIP IN CANADA

CHARLIE REDSTAR LIGHTS IN CANADA

AKUALELE GHOSTLIGHTS IN HAWAII

GHOST OF TONI SCHÖRGEN IN AUSTRIA

ETC.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by MidEastGui

Thanks for the reply -you're right that there seems to be a disproportionate amount of USO/UFO/OVNI reports emerging from the island of Puerto Rico.
There are some intriguing reports listed here,if you know of any others please feel
free to post

(thanks to SV for the help on this one):
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

There are many USO reports from around the island but perhaps this 1963 US Naval incident is the most perplexing:

An oceanic UFO (some term them USOs or Unidentified Submersible Objects) was tracked by the U.S. Navy near Puerto Rico.
On a training maneuver, a sonar operator detected a sub aqueous object traveling at over 150 knots.
The technicians tracked this object for four days and it maneuvered down to the incredible depth of 27,000 feet. Submarines of 1963 could not dive further than a fraction over a mile into the ocean depths.

Relative depths:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ecedf6766dd.jpg[/atsimg]
Click here for full image:
www.irishufology.net...
Cheers.

Thanks.

OK, when I am about to post the related USO data about Puerto Rico, I will also do it for ur nice thread for sure.

See ya.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by MidEastGui]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Article:

Reverse engineering extra-terrestrial deep underwater crafts?

Oceanographers and Naval engineers are investigating certain phenomena that show evidence of the presence of extra-terrestrial deep underwater crafts – the floating versions of UFOs.
These crafts are capable of sharp and efficient maneuvering, has the implacable stealth to avoid detection, can hover in the deepest parts of the oceans and are capable of going deep into the tectonic plate levels under the ocean.

The scientists and engineers are finding solid evidences that these crafts are present in many numbers under our oceans though undetected and invisible in regular human eyes.
An electromagnetic flux also surrounds them and Sharks, Dolphins as well as Whales avoid these zones due to interference in their own electromagnetic sensors.

There are not many sightings of these crafts as very few people really dive into the depths of the ocean, which is really unexplored.
A computer model has recently reveled the possible propulsion systems. The same anti-gravity principles apply though the model becomes much more complex due to buoyancy and other aquatic issues.

Some divers in different parts of the world have reported sightings of strange underwater objects that propagate on its own but there is no real evidence that these are really extra-terrestrial crafts.

Some believe, there are countries who have the knowledge of these crafts and are trying to reverse engineer their next generation submarines and under water crafts from these.

The biggest problem of reverse engineering these under watercrafts is their stealth. As such deep underwater part of the oceans is seldom explored. The super stealth around these vehicles makes them further difficult for detection.

According some UFO researchers, these extra-terrestrial crafts are busy changing the under ocean landscapes. The underwater accidents of submarines due to collision with unknown underwater ridges and mountains have increased steadily over the last five years.
The Navy of many countries have reported this accidents regularly.

According to some engineers there are ways of interpolating and extrapolating the motions of these crafts through complex algorithmic models.
The scientists slowly understand the technologies though most of it is completely classified.

www.indiadaily.com...

----

More testimony of humanoids around Puerto Rican Lagoons:

We were talking about the different testimonies that we had collected from the islanders -- among these were some incidents describing encounters with humanoid creatures in some of the local lagoons. At that very same moment Mr. Ortiz became somewhat exited and told us,"Yes that is true. Those little men are seen here, and not only now, they have been seen before, since long ago, for many years now."

"I am telling you this because I have seen them," he indicated. "And not only me, but also those who fish in the Kianí Lagoon. Many times, when we went fishing during the day, we saw them. They are quite quick ... and they have an incredible agility."

"Please, would you describe what you saw?" we asked.

"They are strange, Very thin, with very skinny legs resembling those of chickens. I say that because on their feet they have long thin toes, three or four of them, and they look like chicken feet because they are long, thin and opened. They are pale, white or gray, and very small, no more than three or three and a half feet in height, on average, and they have small human-like faces ... with eyes, a small mouth, nose, but with flattened, pushed in faces, not like ours since we have protruding noses, unlike them. The eyes are dark."

My wife Marleen asked how they had their hair and Ortiz answered, "they don't have any hair, and their heads are very large compared to the size of their bodies, the heads are smooth and bald."

Ortiz added that when they went to the Kianí Lagoon, located in Vieques' extreme west, they always saw several of these creatures: "We saw a few," he said, "but they were moving at an incredible speed and they were jumping and plunging into the waters of the lagoon. Their arms are also skinny ... and they have something ... I cannot explain it well, because it was dark, but it was like they had a fleshy web between their chest and their arms. And it also seemed to me that they had webbed fingers on their hands, but I am not very sure."

www.iraap.org...

----

Excerpt from Bill Hamilton's book 'Alien Magic',Chapter 10:

What secrets lurk in ocean depths? Are there alien forms of intelligent life that occupy the vast volumes of water that constitute our oceans, seas, and lakes?
The largest of our oceans, the Pacific, covers 64,000,000 square miles and reaches a depth of 36,198 feet, a depth that no ray of sunlight ever reaches. Could these depths hide alien submarine bases?

Underwater UFOs have been sighted on many occasions lifting out of their submerged depths and taking to the air.
In an article entitled "UFOs - at 450 Fathoms," UFO Reporter Ed Hyde told of the sighting made by Dr. R. J. Villela, a Brazilian scientist, who saw a UFO smash through an estimated 40 feet of ice at the South Pole and soar into the sky at amazing speed.

It was author and researcher Dr. Ivan T. Sanderson who suggested that aliens could remain undetected by building their bases beneath the world's oceans.
Dr. Sanderson found that by actual count, over 50 percent of the UFO sightings had occurred over, coming from, or plunging into or coming out of water. This includes oceans, seas, lakes, and reservoirs. Of the oceanic UFOs (some term them USOs or Unidentified Submersible Objects), one was tracked by the U.S. Navy near Puerto Rico in 1963.
Of course many of these objects have been tracked over Puerto Rico since that time.
On a training maneuver, a sonar operator detected a sub aqueous object traveling at over 150 knots! The technicians tracked this object for four days and it maneuvered down to the incredible depth of 27,000 feet. Submarines of 1963 could not dive further than a fraction over a mile into the ocean deeps.
What kind of submersible could withstand the tremendous ocean pressures? And how could it overcome the tremendous resistance of water moving at such incredible speeds?

(Note: We now know that may use a process called supercavitation)

Many witnesses have reported huge cigar-shaped vehicles emerging from the oceanic hydrospaces of earth to take to the sky.
In 1965, such an event was logged in the records of the Norwegian ship T.T. Jawesta on the 6th of July and in the log of an Argentinian ship, the Naviero off the coast of Brazil on July 20, 1967.
The officers and crew could see a shining object in the sea no more that 50 feet away from the Starboard side. It was cigar-shaped and about 110 feet in length and emitted a powerful blue and white glow. It ran silently and without wake through the water. There was no periscope or conning tower or any protruding parts to this mysterious submarine. It paced the Naviero for 15 minutes, then suddenly dived and passed beneath the ship and vanished rapidly into the great depths.

For years witnesses have seen many types of UFOs cruising off the Palos Verdes Peninsula in Southern California.
UFOs have actually been seen to come out of the water in the San Pedro Channel. In the early seventies, my friend Jim was on the boat returning from Santa Catalina Island to San Pedro Harbor when he spotted a low, flying disk cruise silently over the channel boat.
The craft was so close he could make out every detail of its structure including the four hemispherical pods on its underside.

Strange blue-green lights have been seen in the water since 1989.
In 1989, and again in 1990, witnesses have seen as many as 20 events an hour. One large light appeared to be as much as 100 feet in diameter. This large light spawned babies no larger than 10 to 12 feet in length. These lights were seen to move swiftly under the ocean's surface some 500 to 1,000 feet from the coastline in Abalone Cove.
The hypothesis that these may be luminescent fish is discounted by a local marine biologist. These lights were too large and too swift to be fish. One of the lights was reported to have emerged from the water.

In 1992 a sea kayaker viewed an amazing sight off the Palos Verdes Peninsula. He was four or five miles off the Peninsula when a waterspout suddenly formed some hundreds of yards ahead of his kayak. As he observed this spout, the forward motion of the funnel stopped, the curtain of light mist surrounding the waterspout disappeared and a rotating column of what seemed to be solid ice appeared. As the sun reflected off the rotating mass of ice crystals, it appeared to be a sight of extraordinary beauty. The height of the ice column was estimated at 100 to 150 feet. When the ice column collapsed back into the ocean, it created a whirlpool. After this amazing event, the kayaker paddled over to examine floating fragments of ice and found specimens of fish embedded in the frozen pieces.

The site of these phenomenal occurrences is near the old Marineland Park which closed in 1987.
Snoopers believe that the Park is now a Naval Experimental Marine Biology Lab. Access to the Park is now restricted and many "no trespassing" signs are posted around fenced areas."

www.sott.net...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Article:

Reverse engineering extra-terrestrial deep underwater crafts?

Hi karl 12, interesting cases.

This remark intrigued me.

According some UFO researchers, these extra-terrestrial crafts are busy changing the under ocean landscapes. The underwater accidents of submarines due to collision with unknown underwater ridges and mountains have increased steadily over the last five years.
The Navy of many countries have reported this accidents regularly.

Could natural causes not be the reason for those new formed underwater ridges and mountains?
Because what could possibly be the reason for doing that “changing the under ocean landscapes”?
I can only think of one, mining, for important valuable minerals or other geological materials.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
RAF pilot and two NCOs from RAF Boulmer in Northumberland witness UFO over North sea:

In July 1977 Flt Lt A M Wood reported "bright objects hanging over the sea". The MoD document adds that the RAF officer said the closest object was "luminous, round and four to five times larger than a Whirlwind helicopter".
The UFOs were reported to be three miles out to sea at a height of about 5,000ft.

The officer, whose report is supported by Cpl Torrington and Sgt Graham, said: "The objects separated. Then one went west of the other, as it manoeuvred it changed shape to become body-shaped with projections like arms and legs." The men who were positioned at the picket post at the RAF station were able to observe the strange objects for an hour and 40 minutes.

At the same time a radar station detected the objects in exactly the same position as the men had observed them. It registered them to be between 30 to 35 degrees before they disappeared from the screen.

The report describes Flt Lt Wood as "reliable and sober". It adds:
"Two contacts were noted on radar, both T84 and T85, at RAF Boulmer. They were also seen on the Staxton Wold radar picture which is relayed to West Drayton... On seeing the objects on radar the duty controller checked with the SRO at RAF West Drayton as to whether he could see the objects on radar supplied from RAF Staxton Wold."

This account was deemed so sensitive to the national interest that the MoD had delayed its release for an extra three years.
But under the Freedom of Information Act, which came into force on 1 January, the file has been reviewed and declassified.

www.rense.com...

----

Encounter With An Enormous Object Coming Up Out Of The Water:

100 Date: 11/12/2004
110 Time: 2:00
120 Duration: 3-5 minutes
130 Sighting City: Galveston
140 Sighting State: tx
150 Sighting Zip: 77550
170 Witnesses: 3
172 Shape: Cylinder
168 Number of Craft: 1

190 Description:
I was very delighted to finally find a place to report this object we encountered that evening. My brother, cousin and I were aboard my fishing boat. It was late in the evening and we were returning to port after spending the entire day fishing. I was steering the boat and the other two were out on deck when I suddenly heard them screaming exciting. At first I thought they spotted a whale shark but my brother came running up to the captains house screaming "Look at that thing off of the portside!"

I quickly exited and noticed a cylinder-shaped object about 1/2 mile from us protruding from the water. It was sticking straight out of the water about 45-50 feet and looked to be about 4 feet wide.

The object quickly disappeared under the water and reappeared a few seconds later closer to my vessel. It elevated to the height of 60-70 feet within 5-6 seconds and stayed stationary for a few seconds and submerged again.
It reappeared again moving further away but the height of the object rose to a great elevation.

It began moving in the direction the bow of my vessel submerging as it was moving. It was completely under water when it was near my boat. We looked in vain to see what this object was attached to be nothing ever broke the surface of the water.

I reported this incident to a friend who works for the Coast Guard. He said he knew of nothing that would be capable of supporting such a cylinder and elevating itself above the water, and submerging in a few seconds. I'm hoping someone else has reported seeing a similar object here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

www.rense.com...

----

UFO Sighting At Sea Off Auckland NZ - 1975:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef873d16de50.jpg[/atsimg]
Smaller image:
www.ufoinfo.com...

I left school in 1969 and completed a recognized engineering apprenticeship with Westland Aircraft at Yeovil, Somerset, England.
I then worked as a qualified airframe, mechanical and systems fitter in Westland's experimental department on military helicopters.
I left Westland's in 1974 and joined the Cunard Steamship Co Ltd as Fifth Engineer Officer. In 1975 I was a Fifth Engineer Officer on the M.V. Port Auckland a refrigerated cargo vessel.

I'm not sure of the exact date and time of the sighting but this could be established by researching the ships logs etc.

The M.V. Port Auckland left the port of Auckland around about 20:00 to 21:00 hrs one evening about July 1975. The ship was approximately sixteen miles out at sea and the glow of the lights of Auckland could be seen on the horizon. It was a calm, clear, windless night. I went onto an after deck and looked towards the stern of the ship (towards Auckland), the time was approximately 22:00 hrs.
In the distance approximately eight miles away I saw a very bright white light ascending vertically from the sea into the clouds. As the light came to a standstill it intensified until it was so large and bright I thought no battery could power a light that bright no matter how big the battery.
I watched the light as it dimmed and became smaller. The light started coming towards the ship. Intrigued I continued to watch. As it came very near the ship I realized that the object was a round disc, saucer in shape. The disc was approximately sixty to eighty feet in diameter. It had lights flashing in sequence around the circumference, the colours were red, green and blue. They were flashing in an anticlockwise manner when looking from the top of the disc. The disc was dark in colour against the night sky. The craft kept pace with the ship at a height of approximately one hundred feet and approximately forty feet out from the port side of the ship. I estimated the ships speed to be about eighteen knots.

At this point I became afraid realizing that this was something completely unknown to me, I hid behind a derrick peering at the object from behind it. The object made absolutely no sound at all. After about three minutes of keeping pace with the ship the object changed direction to ninety degrees to port and at the same speed and height moved off to what would have been the north. It moved out of sight.

I have not seen anything resembling this object before or since. The disc was intelligently and precisely controlled, it made no sound at all.

If this craft was manmade there would be thousands flying round the globe today. This craft could not be kept a secret even if it were the prodigy of a military power.
I would very much like to know what exactly I saw.

www.ufoinfo.com...

----

UFO Witnessed hovering above sea off beach in Marocco (pdf):
www.sufor.org.uk...

----

Cruise Ship passengers witness UFO over Pacific Ocean:

Cruise ship passengers reported seeing a UFO at sea last week, just off Mexico's west coast. The motor vessel had left Puerto Vallarta, in Jalisco state 774 kilometers (484 miles) west of Mexico City, and was bound for Cabo San Lucas in Baja California Sur when the sighting occurred. "The group of six passengers," including one woman from Los Angeles, California, "spotted a very big ball of light in the distance. At arm's length, it was larger than a quarter, but she estimated that it was over five miles (8 kilometers) away." At first, the UFO "was stationary, but it was not stationary very long. It moved slowly, like a hummingbird, making dips toward the (Pacific) ocean, then sideways, then downward. The movements were erratic. Then it zoomed off across the sky and disappeared."

www.rense.com...

----

Atlantic Ocean UFO Sightings:

07-29-0966; Atlantic Ocean

Sailors on a merchant expedition were startled from their sleep by a huge, cylinder-shaped craft. The object remained visible to the crew for many minutes before disappearing into the distance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-22-1870; Atlantic Ocean

Captain Banner and his crew of the Lady of the Lake, on a merchant voyage, found themselves being shadowed by a strange, metallic flying disc. The aft portion of the craft was semi-luminous with a long tail extending from the center of the craft. Flying into heavy winds, the ship ascended out of sight after half an hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-12-1887; North Atlantic Ocean

A ship crossing the Atlantic, en route to America, was overflown by a luminous sphere that emerged from the ocean. It flew against the prevailing wind alongside the ship, but, as suddenly as it had appeared, it ascended into the night sky.

10-28-1902; North Atlantic

While cruising to port, the Fort Salisbury encountered a strange luminous object. Two crew members alerted the first officer of the sighting, but by the time they tried to rouse the captain, the object had disappeared into the sea.

02-24-1904; Atlantic Ocean

Below the clouds, three red balls, larger than the sun, danced around in the sky above the ocean. Crew members of the USS Supply reported the phenomenon to the nearest port authorities, but no explanation could be found.

spacepub.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Concerning that interesting idea of writing a book about it, I am always willing to help, but I would like to add, that my English writing speed equals the speed of a very fast snail.

You've finally reached the end of the List?

Dont worry about your English. I am able to write about 100 pages and correct your English in addition to that.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Tell you what guys...I´m going to write what is called a "Treatment" (movie-industry-slang). That will be a short outline of the book and a proposed Table of Contents. And then you guys can tell me what you think and whether you're in or out. Then we can assign various chapters to each of us and get started.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Could natural causes not be the reason for those new formed underwater ridges and mountains?
Because what could possibly be the reason for doing that “changing the under ocean landscapes”?
I can only think of one, mining, for important valuable minerals or other geological materials.

Well, the bottom profile of the ocean is changing all the time because of volcanic eruption and tectonic movement. New island are often created.

Great idea about the book, if I can contribute my knowledge off the underwater world and technologies please don't hesitate to u2u me. Altough I haven't seen any USO, I can offer some explanation that could account for a small fraction of all the case presented. I'm pretty sure now that there is something worth studying. I started reading this thread as a skeptic at it's begining and got convinced there is something unknown to discover.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Tell you what guys...I´m going to write what is called a "Treatment" (movie-industry-slang). That will be a short outline of the book and a proposed Table of Contents. And then you guys can tell me what you think and whether you're in or out. Then we can assign various chapters to each of us and get started.

Good idea.
I wait and see what comes on the table, but as I said earlier, my writing speed because of the language could become a serious problem for me.
And copy and paste articles in a book as we did in the USO thread would be difficult I think because of the copyright thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Tasman Sea -1931

Tasman Sea Flying his single-seater plane from New South Wales, Australia to New Zealand, Mr. Chichester watched a luminous, flashing object, off his wing, decelerate, as if catching a glimpse of him, then speed of into the distance and disappear.

spacepub.com...

----

Sept. 14, 1952; North Atlantic, between Ireland and Iceland.

Witnesses: military persons from several countries aboard ships in the NATO "Operation Mainbrace" exercise. Among the sightings: one blue-green triangle was observed flying 1,500 m.p.h; three objects in a triangular formation gave off white light exhaust at 1,500 m.p.h.

spacepub.com...

----

Persian Gulf UFO Sightings

05-15-1879; Persian Gulf
MV Vultur's crew were startled by two extremely bright "wheels" of light that alternately hovered and swooped low above the surface of the sea. After their pattern reached a climax, the craft both disappeared.

spacepub.com...

----

Pacific Ocean UFO Sighting 02-26-1942

While cruising the Pacific, Royal Netherlands Navy vessel, the Tromp, was surveyed by a metallic saucer shaped craft that sped around the ship before continuing on its way.

----

China Sea UFO Sighting 08-12-1910:

The Dutch sailing vessel Valentijn came across a fiery wheel of light that rotated close to the surface of the sea.

spacepub.com...

----

Villagers see UFO hovering over lake - August 15th,1663:

As the people of the village Robozero (in the Bolozero district, Russia) were in church they heard a loud noise in the sky and many people left the church to see what was up. One of them was the farmer Levka Pedorov who told the stort to the monastery monk, who documentetd it in script. In midday a "great ball of fire" descended from the south in a clear blue sky over Robozero and moved across the church to the near lake.

The "ball" was 45 meters in diameter and two beams of "fire" were shooting out from the front and then, after it went from the south to the west (500meters from Pedorov), it "dissapeared". Only to re-apear an hour later over the same lake.
And there it stayed for an hour and a half. A company of fishermen in a boat on the lake a mile away from Pedorov were sorely burnt by the light of the "ball", which lit up the lake to it's bottom 9 meters deep, while the fish fled to the banks.
Pedorov described the water as if "covered with rust under the glow..."

www.rense.com...

----

August, 1911 - Strange Sightings Reported:

The August 18, 1911 "Reno (NV) Gazette" carried a brief item tided "Meteor From The Sea Does Strange Stunts."
It is said that upon the arrival of the ocean liner "America Maru" in San Francisco from the Orient on August l7th a report was made of a meteor which "climbed out of the sea like a skyrocket, traveled through a great arc and disappeared." The captain, A.C. Stevens, said it had a great fiery head and a long trail and was seen on August 11th.

The item would normally be of minor interest except that meteors do not climb out of the sea. An effort was made to locate more from the San Francisco area from where the report had originated. Confirmation came quickly.

On the same day as the Reno item, the "San Francisco Examiner" carried a story, "Meteors And Moon Rainbows Awe Ship -A Night in Hawaiian Seas Made Brilliant for Passengers on America Maru." This report was a bit more expansive, stating that while passengers were on deck the previous Friday evening, a large meteor shot up out of the ocean, made a complete circle of the sky, and sank again into the water. At the time, the ship was two days out of Hawaii.

It was seen to be about the size of a ten-inch cannon ball and displayed a trail many miles in length. The first third of the trail was as round as a rod and glowing red. The remainder "gradually expanded in graceful proportions."

A half an hour later, the night watchman called for witnesses to view a large lunar rainbow. Shortly after this observation, another meteor rose out of the sea to a height of 20 degrees and sank again. This object was smaller than the first but the trail seemed to break away and precede the head into the sea.

What can be made of this story? I had thought of the possibility of volcanic eruptions, with the ship being two days from the volcanic Hawaiian Islands.However there seemed to be no reports of noise or vibration from such an eruption, or no glow from the horizon from a distant volcano. We also have the "meteor" making a circuit of the sky, hardly a falling rock.

One small detail before closing this account. The Gazette concluded by adding that a copy of the ship's log with a description of the phenomenon "was forwarded to Washington."

www.rense.com...

----

The Seafury Incident - August, 1954:

One of the most controversial radar visual reports of the fifties occurred on August 31st, 1954.
The story leaked out in December, 1954, and made front page headlines. The official navy file on the event remained classified until the Directorate of Naval Intelligence released a copy upon my request in 1982.
During his 1973 visit to Australia, Dr. Hynek was able to interview the pilot involved in this famous incident, which became known as the "Sea Fury" encounter.

Lieutenant J.A. O'Farrell was returning to Royal Australian Navy Air Station Nowra after a night cross country in a Sea Fury aircraft. After contacting Nowra at about 1910 hours, O'Farrell saw a very bright light closing fast at one o'clock. It crossed in front of his aircraft taking up position on his port beam, where it appeared to orbit. A second and similar light was observed at nine o'clock. It passed about a mile in from of the Sea Fury and then turned in the position where the first light was observed.

According to O'Farrell, the apparent crossing speeds of the lights were the fastest he had ever encountered. He had been flying at 220 knots. O'Farrell contacted Nowra who in turn confirmed that they had two radar "paints" in company with him.
The radar operator, Petty Officer Keith Jessop, confirmed the presence of 2 objects near the Sea Fury on the G.C.I. remote display.
The two lights reformed at nine o'clock and then disappeared on a north easterly heading. O'Farrell could only make out "a vague shape with the white light situated centrally on top."

The Directorate of Naval Intelligence at the time wrote that O'Farrell was "an entirely credible witness" and that he "was visibly 'shaken' by his experience, but remains adamant that he saw these objects"

More on the Directorate of Naval Intelligence: www.theozfiles.com...

----

USO report from former RAF engineer:

A Solomon Islands UFO Mystery.

..As I looked down the beach, I couldn't believe what I seeing. About a kilometre away there was a very bright, luminous, white object flying slowly over the water. I remember asking myself whether I was really seeing it. I called out for my wife Miriam to bring my binoculars. After focusing in on the starlike, brilliantly lit object, I noticed that it was about 60-foot round and seemed to make no noise. We watched it for a couple of minutes until it submerged itself into the sea. Joseph told me to wait about 10 minutes and I'd see it come back out again - which it did! When it came back out of the water, it was glowing twice as brightly as when it went in. We continued to watch it with my binoculars as it returned to the coast in the direction whence it had come and until it disappeared out of sight over the top of the coconut trees.

www.rense.com...

----

April 1953 - UFOs Tracked & Attacked By US Forces At Sea

A marine incident, worthy of deep investigation by researchers, focuses on the island of Tinian, where the bombers were stationed that dropped the atomic bombs on Japan in 1945.
"In the last weeks (late April, 1953), our ships and aircraft have sighted numerous flying objects of unknown origin. Their flight courses were plotted and permit conclusions about their take-off and landing bases. Near the island of Tinian, one of these projectiles was rammed by a specially equipped airplane and sunk into the sea."
Report of the Chief of the U.S. Defense HQ., D., Tokyo, May 9, 1953

www.rense.com...

----

Western Australia UFO Photo Over the Ocean:
ufoweek.com...

----

Architect witnessess strange 'bathysphere' UFO on beach:

On February 27, 1998, at 1:35 PM, architect Allen Wahl, was walking his dog along the Atlantic Ocean beach in Ocean Grove, NJ.
He decided to rest and look at the ocean since it was such a crystal clear and a deep blue sky.
A strange looking ball shaped UFO with fins flew over his position moving from east to west and close by the Great Auditorium in Ocean Grove. Allen stated, "He never saw a UFO before, but this made him a believer.
It looked like a diving bell or bathysphere about ten feet in diameter." It reminded him of a Jules Vern science fiction antique ship with lines of rust running down its side. The UFO appeared as it may have come from the sea, although he had not specifically see it come out of the sea.
About thirty minutes later an Army helicopter with what appeared to be guns sticking out the front passed directly overhead his position.
The next morning at 9:00AM more helicopters were also flying in the area at a very low level possibly searching for the craft. He is sure there were other witnessses.

www.rense.com...

---

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have been looking for this special USO article for ya and finally I located it on the net as follows:

Do UFO's Exist ? Do You Believe?

Underwater UFO's

Do UFO's Exist Or Don't They?
I can tell you from a first hand experience that yes UFO's do exist. In 1999 I was living at Folly Beach SC which is very near Charleston S.C. Folly Beach is a island like I said about a 30 minute ride to downtown Charleston. On the north end of the island is the old closed down Coast Guard Station and at low tide you can still see the island (Morris Island) where the Civil War Fort Wagner once stood.

The only thing you can see at high tide is the light house which is still there and its bottom is submerged at high tide. There is a water way between the end of Folly Beach Island and Morris Island at low tide and there is no Morris Island at High Tide. Just the Morris Island Light House surrounded by the waves. On the night the incident I am about to tell you about happened I and a friend were up at the upper end of Folly Beach fishing off the bank.

It was about 2 am and we had noticed a strange light under the water. At first we thought it was some type of submarine or other craft but then as me and my friend watched the ocean water seemed to boil and a craft that appeared to be 30 foot across with colored lights underneath came up out of the water almost in front of us. It shot straight up about 150 foot above the water and passed directly over us and then it seemed to speed up very quickly and shot out of sight behind us out over the marsh at the end of Folly Beach Island.

We both looked at each other like wow and talked about what it could have been. About 45 minutes later we saw the craft or a craft just like it fly in from the ocean and hover 10-15 foot over the ocean about 400 foot out from us. We stood up and tried to get a better view and then it went down under the water until it vanished from view. About 40 minutes later we saw another craft come from the same direction from out to sea and it also went down under the water and vanished.

Me and my friend had by now gave up on fishing and we reeled in and left. During our walk back to the car we saw the craft or another craft fly over us again like it was flying out to sea. What were they I have no ideal. What I do know is that to my knowledge the US government doesn't have any type of craft that can fly in the air and submerge its self under water but me and my friend observed them come out of the water and fly away and then later they flew back or another craft of the same type did and went back under the water. What were they I have no ideal. One thing for sure is that they were UFO's and they had to be piloted by some type of intelligent life.

UFO's A Study Of Reactions To UFO's
You know humans react to UFO's in a multitude of ways. Everything from terror to following them out of curiosity. Humans who claim to have been abducted have been known to show the worst kinds of fear. However it is the animals who have been known to show the most fear and the most common reaction of animals is fear. Fish have also been seen to react if a UFO is near to or in the water. Porpoises off the coast of Florida were heard to make their danger signal and they attempted to swim as fast as they could away from the UFO. Why do animals seem to have such a strong reaction to UFO's. What do they know that man does not know.

Comment:

moonlake says, 4 months ago
My sister-in-law was up late one night rocking her baby when she heard the police call over the scanner. They were following a UFO down the highway they lost site of it when it went into the lake. Later that morning a lady that lived by the lake called the police and said she saw a UFO come out of the lake. This was never in the paper just heard over the scanner. So who knows funny what people are seeing.

(p.s.: it is likely that these amazing USO sightings might have been due to the secretly-developed submersible jet proto-types of USAF etc.)

(p.s.: when I locate a USO writing on the net, I always check for the Comments Section, cos it is probable that there would be some rare USO encounters for my archive. This is especially valid for the non-English essays of Underwater UFOS).

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

In addition to the Comments Section, I also check for the UFO-related forums, because there could be many novel USO cases which are unknown to us. That is why, I luv ATS Forum too much and I always use it as an info source.

Returning back to the comments issue.......

Here is another example for yall. I located it today:

UFO Over Caye Caulker? From Caye Caulker Chronicles, 2 March 2009

Comment:

Cory Pierce on Mar 8, 2009
I also saw lights when I was in Caye Caulker; 8 months ago. I was with 4 friends and we saw what looked like a massive orange ball moving off over the reef. It just slowly changed its angle of attack and slowed down until it vanished into the ocean. I fly planes. When you lower the nose of a plane (the angle of attack) you increase airspeed. This thing slowed down. I think that there is more between heaven and earth than any of us could possibly imagine. Keep looking up.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hi SV -thanks for the reply, it is one of the more outlandish claims made by 'some' researchers and I suspect natural causes may well be the more plausible explanation but who knows?
Theres a great deal of speculation about undersea/underground bases out there (where the earth's crust is thickest) so they might just be doing a spot of Feng shui

Found this article...although it is from a tabloid and rather presumptuous:

There are approximately 2000 sites all over the world that are suspected to be underground UFO bases.
These bases are deep in the tectonic plates in the continental crust. Some times they are more than 30 miles deep almost at the end of the earth’s crust. The thicker the crust, there is more probabilities of UFO bases.
India-China Himalayan border areas are very active because of thickest crust there. At the same time where tectonic plates do not fold but slide against each other there is little UFO activities there.
For example in yellow Stone National Park there are no UFO bases because of lava reservoir so close to the crust.
Underwater UFO bases are countless. They unidentified objects under ocean are called USO – Unidentified submerged objects. These are some of the fastest submarines that operate deep under the oceans with all the characteristics of speed, propulsion and stealth of UFOs.
According to some of the geophysicists, the underwater UFO bases in the region caused the last major Tsunami in Sumatra. Many also believe, this extraterrestrial civilization can cause artificial volcanoes and very strong earthquakes, mudslides and Tsunamis.
Recent North Korean nuke tests show how deep infrastructures can be put underground.
The deepest UFO bases near the India-China Himalayan border are very active. Neither security from Indian side or Chinese side will allow you to go near those sites.

www.indiadaily.com...

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

It would be a great idea if it occurs! For myself, I could prepare the chapters on the Asian (Russian cases and Indian Ocean Lightwheels), Mediterranean Sea (Marmara Sea, Aegean Sea, Ligurian Sea, Ionian Sea, Tyrrhenian Sea, Adriatic Sea), Black Sea, South American and even the rare English-written USO cases plus pictorial materials etc.

Yupppppppppp.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Another thrilling article about the USO phenomena which involves a bulk of Underwater UFO sightings:

Atlantis Has Risen Again: Has It Been Beneath Our Oceans All These Years?

www.ufomystic.com...

Steiger always seems to be concerned with USOs despite the fact that some of his works appear to be too speculative.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

As what I said to u before, the forums could be good info sources for the ongoing USO researches all the time. Here is another example for ya:

HOLY F*CK I SEEN A UFO TUNA FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Readytoride08, May-13-2008

Let me say first I have new theroys about alot of stuff let me tell you the story.

I live in a port city and Tuna fishing is very popular so yesterday morning I lefted with my buddy and went out in his 35 foot boat (very very nice he told me it was worth $750,000, it's name is 'red cape' i'll post pics when he sends them to me from trip) into the Gulf of Mexico took us a while till we finaly reached the first fishing spot so we fished for about 3 hours then slept till night (Tuna fishing is better at night simply becuase you can tie lightsticks on the line and it attracts Tunas) so night came we rigged up and started fishing. Around 11:14 p.m. we started hearing this odd bizzare sound so we looked around then this bright ass light lite up under the water and the water started spinning, BTW we about 180 ft. from it. SUDDENLY this oval shapped craft come flying out and hovered about has far up has a skyscrapper and sat there.

I was so stunned I dropped my pole overboard!!! It had red lights spinning around and it was like friggin mystical!!! My buddy started cryin (panzy)and then without warning it shot off in the air faster then I have ever seen anything go!!!! After it lefted schools of fish was snagging our lines. So he ran in got on the radio and yelled "MAYDAY, MAYDAY UFO SIGHTING AT SO AND SO CORIDANCES!! MAYDAY U.S. COAST GUARD DO YOU READ ME?" and then he came running out and yelled "LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE I AM GLAD YOU CAME" at this time I was still staring at the sky amazed. So he ran into the cabin loaded his gun and the U.S.C.G came over and siad "Are you in distress? Is the UFO still there?" and he by this time was preparing to pull up the anchor when it APEARED AGIAN!!

By this time I am yelling "DAMN YOU HAD TO FORGET YOUR CAMARA DIDN'T YOU?"and he was like "F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!|" So I ran and told the U.S.C.G "Yes it lefted but now it is back"and then I heard " It's gone agian" from my buddy he ran in there with me and we took off.

About 5 miles off of a small island many pepole swim at 2 cutters met us and 1 let off 3 U.S.C.G and 1 island police and they boarded us, well guess what? We weren't the only ones that sighted it a couple at the makeout point saw it and one officer seen it we was alteast 85 miles from the island!!!! So one of the cutters escorted us in and the other went out to were we was.

WHATEVER THESE THINGS ARE, ARE AMAZING JUST THE MOVEMENT IS AWESOME FRIENDS WE ARE NOT ALONG, I AM SURE OF IT!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And more Folly Beach UFOs:

UFO Videos

Here on this page we will present UFO videos and other information on UFO's and related items. There will be a lot of videos posted here and we hope you will explore and look at them and deside for yourself. Do UFO's exist or don't they. I myself know for a fact they do. Exist that is. I truly believe that UFO's from other planets have been visiting our planet earth in the past and continue to do so today. I believe where there is so much evidence for their existence their has to be something to it. At least that is what I thought until the night of July 25th 2001. On that night I and a friend were on the end of Folly Beach Island which is a Barrier Island off of Charleston S.C. We were there looking for proof of Ghosts when we came up on a site which was spooky but had nothing to do with Ghosts. The end of Folly Beach and the Island it is located on is very desserted especially at night. As we walked along the beach that night we came upon a partial cirlcle in the sand that looked for all the world like a space craft from another world had landed there. The tide was coming in fast and in just moments the scene was under water. We laughed it off as a trick or stunt by someone and walked onto our spot where we planned to watch for ghosts that night. Aprox 20 minutes later we observed a bright light appear to come up out of the marsh about a half mile away and move up into the air and move up over us. You could clearly see it was 35-40 feet across with bright green lights in a circle around it. Over the next two hours we saw it several other times and as the sun was just coming up it flew rapidly out to sea and vanished. It was clearly a ufo and while we saw no markings you could see a distinct saucer shape and you could clearly see the green lights in a circle around it like mini windows or something. At one point in the night at aprox 5 am it was 200-300 feet directly up in the air over us. We never saw a alien and we were not abducted but it was most clearly a UFO and there was no way it was any kind of aircraft. After that night I have always believed in UFO's.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Something strange is happening at around the waters of Folly Beach for sure!

From Filer's Files #26, 6-27-1

SOUTH CAROLINA TEARDROP UFO

FOLLY BEACH -- My wife and I were sitting on a porch overlooking the Atlantic Ocean on June 18, 2001. It was about 10:30 PM when we saw a lime green, teardrop shape ball of light fly across the lower quarter of the sky soaring down, toward the water. It was only visible for about a second or two. The thing gave off enough light so that while it traveled under the clouds, it lit up a dime-sized area behind it as it dropped. I have no idea whether or not this was a meteor. It made no significant turns -- no change in speed, and was dropping in an arc. After exclaiming surprise, my wife and I compared notes, and decided we'd seen essentially the same thing. E-mail report.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
More about the USOs of Folly Beach:

UFOs SUCKING UP OUR WATER! BY ANN VICTORIA of WWN FROM UFOBBS

CHARLESTON, S.C. - A new photo proves what experts have suspected for years: Space aliens are taking water samples from Earth to check the pollution levels of our seas and rivers.

And experts say if those levels are too high, the ETs will destroy our planet!

We're poisoning the environment of the Universe with our reckless waste, and the inhabitants of other planets are fed up with it, says respected physicist and noted UFO researcher Dr. Phyllis Glast.

Since the late 1960s we've heard reports of alien spacecraft hovering over our waterways and sampling our water. And some people who have been abducted by aliens have been told by the creatures that our air and water are being monitored.

But there's been no concrete visual evidence until now.

The final proof came just days ago when photographer and boating enthusiast Gloria Domica snapped the picture, shown here, of a UFO sucking water up into its hold.

It came out of nowhere, says Miss Domica who was sailing with friends in the Atlantic Ocean, just 20 miles off Folly Beach near Charleston.

One second I was shooting pictures of that calm serene water. The next second this giant saucer shaped object came zooming out of the sky, moving faster than I've ever seen anything move.

It hovered there a moment, less than 100 yards away from us.

Suddenly the sea got very turbulent and a huge water spout shot up and into a hole in the center of it.

It rocked our boat and I had to hold on to the mast to snap the picture. I'm not sure how long the waterspout lasted but when it was over, the thing sped away and the surface was calm again.

Miss Domic said she called authorities and some men who identified them selves as government agents came to her home to speak with her.

The were very nice at first, she says. They wanted to know all about it and asked to see the picture. But when I showed them the photo, they confiscated it along with the negatives. They still haven't told me where they've taken it. In fact, I've never seen them since.

Luckily, I had one print hidden away in my darkroom.

Dr. Glast says she's not surprised that the negatives were taken.

The world governments have a vested interest in keeping the public in the dark about this, says the 42 year old researcher.

Our whole economy is based on pollution and waste. So it pays them to keep this information from us.

The FBI and Treasury Department had no official comment and denies that their agents were involved in the confiscating of the negatives.

But one unnamed government insider says authorities are very, very interested in the snapshot.

They are taking it extremely seriously, said the source. This could change everything about the way we treat our planet.

FILE: UFO2125

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join